Relationships and Morality of Predicting Those In Natal As Well As Horary Astrology

kalinka

example with reference to

the morality of the following horary question

highlighting the following:

'....It's not fair to ask astrological questions
about someone who's not participating in the conversation
and has not consented to having questions asked about them...'

Quite

good question
and also

in any event the individual has been deprived of their rights
to defend themselves from defamatory inferences
from people whose motives are unknown :smile:
Yes, but this must then include all questions about other persons like "Is my ex involved with someone else?" or " Does our postman cheat on his wife?". Indeed this is not the querents business but such questions are nevertheless answered in this forum. I think we agree with that questions about mortality and murder are too delicate and the astrologer have to
decide subjectively , depents on the intentions and context of the querent if he wants to answer the question or not. In the example she could indeed ask and get an answer ...the answer is lying in the chart...but I still wonder what she will do with it. Especially, what is if the astrologer gives the wrong answer but the querent relies on it?! the effects are too dangerous in such cases.

JUPITERASC

Yes, but this must then include all questions about other persons like
"Is my ex involved with someone else?"
or " Does our postman cheat on his wife?".
Indeed this is not the querents business
but such questions are nevertheless answered in this forum.

I think we agree with that questions about mortality and murder are too delicate
and the astrologer have to decide subjectively ,
depents on the intentions and context of the querent
if he wants to answer the question or not.
In the example she could indeed ask and get an answer
...the answer is lying in the chart...
but I still wonder what she will do with it.

Especially, what is if the astrologer gives the wrong answer
but the querent relies on it?!
the effects are too dangerous in such cases.
astrologers are not omnipotent

many SEEM unaware that astrologers frequently provide unreliable responses:smile:

JUPITERASC

This is sort of like asking whether a professional counselor is justified in telling someone that they are on a path of action that will lead to their big or little demise.
Carl Rogers struggled with this back in the late 1940's and developed not directive counseling, where he just said uh-huh and mmm until the client finally came around to his way of thinking. Counseling took eons of time and cost a mint. I hate to think it was the mint part that motivated him, but I've always wondered.
If the astrologer is a beginner or even intermediate, then I might agree that they should not say anything until they know a lot more. If the astrologer is a professional, and has had many many many correct suggestions, then s/he should proceed.
But even so.... most wester astrologers will say such things as "it suggests" or "it seems Like" or "probably". Most western astrologers recognize the concept of free will.
So maybe your question is just a re--query of the Free Will question in a new bright red wool winter coat for a new season.

FOR BEGINNERS :)

Astrology, Morality, & Ethics

A Lecture by Rob Hand