Confused by the choice of Significators

Springup

:lol: I'm confused by the choice of significators, especially on relationships and 10th house, can someone help me along? Again, pardon me if my questions are too simple :oops: I'm new and learning :)

One.

I posted a chart on behalf of my friend who suspected her ex-lover was married with someone else.

Sorehearted :D use 5th house for her ex-lover and turned 7th for her ex-lover's wife.

I think I can figure out why in this but I'm not very confident of my reasoning. As 5th house is about romance and 7th is about commited relationship, so it doesn't make sense if 7th house is to be used for the ex-lover and turned 5th or 7th again for the wife. Did I get the reason correctly?

What if 7th house is use for the ex-lover and would the wife be turned 7th or turned 5th? If it is turned 7th, wouldn't it be the same as the querent's?

Will the interpretation goes in a different direction or horary works in such a way that regardless of the choice of significators, the outcome of the interpretation will still be the same? As it is very interesting to read Draco's new technique that derives similar result with the question asked chart.

Two.

And I read some interpretations that 7th house is use for any relationship questions regardless if its a past love, a date or a current love.

On nature of questions such as "will we meet again?"

It's about a PAST love and do we still use 5th/7th house as the significator? What if the querent is asking about a past lover who has since become friends now? 5th/7th or 11th house is more appropriate?

Three.

On questions such as "does he love me?, does he knows that I love him, will I see him again... etc

The querent is asking about someone whom he/she has an inclination towards but they are still friends.. in this case, do we use 5th/7th or 11th house?

Four.

On questions such as "is he involved with someone".. etc

If the querent doesn't know if the quesited marriage status or relationship status.. what significator should be chosen for the quesited and the "someone"?

-----------

On career..

Five

If you are currently working, and am asking about a new job prospects, what significators should be use? Let's say you are asking about the different prospects each individual job offers.

Six

If you are jobless and considering to either be a self-employed or an employee, do you use 10th house for both "self-employed" and "employee"?

Thanks for any input in advance! :D

Draco

Hi SG,

Q1,

I posted a chart on behalf of my friend who suspected her ex-lover was married with someone else.

Sorehearted use 5th house for her ex-lover and turned 7th for her ex-lover's wife.

I think I can figure out why in this but I'm not very confident of my reasoning. As 5th house is about romance and 7th is about commited relationship, so it doesn't make sense if 7th house is to be used for the ex-lover and turned 5th or 7th again for the wife. Did I get the reason correctly?

What if 7th house is use for the ex-lover and would the wife be turned 7th or turned 5th? If it is turned 7th, wouldn't it be the same as the querent's?

Will the interpretation goes in a different direction or horary works in such a way that regardless of the choice of significators, the outcome of the interpretation will still be the same? As it is very interesting to read Draco's new technique that derives similar result with the question asked chart

If the querent suspects that the ex partner is married to someone else: for the ex-partner we look to the 7th cusp, this doesn't change just because he is an ex, the 7th house is always the house of 'the other person'. The ex partner is the 7th, whether ex or not. So the ex partners spouse is the 7th from the 7th, making this person the 1st cusp. You might wonder if the ex's new partner is the 1st, then where does the querent come into it? If the question is about whether the ex has remarried, then it isn't necessary to bring the querent into the interpretation anyway. All you are interested in is identifying whether ex married someone, so look to the dignity (power to act), receptions (inclination to act) and aspects (opportunity to act) between Lords 7 and 1.

Q2,

And I read some interpretations that 7th house is use for any relationship questions regardless if its a past love, a date or a current love.

It's about a PAST love and do we still use 5th/7th house as the significator? What if the querent is asking about a past lover who has since become friends now? 5th/7th or 11th house is more appropriate?

If the question is about a past lover who is now the friend of the querent, still use the 7th for 'other person'. When we are talking about a best friend or one friend in particular, then we always look to the 7th for 'other person'. Only look to the 11th if you are asking about a group of friends or a social group. If the question is '......my friends?' i'e. in the collective sense, this is 11th house. If the question is '........my friend', i.e. a specific person in particular, then this is 7th house - 'the other person'.

Q3,

On questions such as "does he love me?, does he knows that I love him, will I see him again... etc

The querent is asking about someone whom he/she has an inclination towards but they are still friends.. in this case, do we use 5th/7th or 11th house?

Again we use the 7th cusp, for the same reasons outlined above - 7th = 'the other person'.

Q4,

If the querent doesn't know if the quesited marriage status or relationship status.. what significator should be chosen for the quesited and the "someone"?

As in the first question, the 7th for 'the other person' and the 7th from the 7th for who they might be involved with, bringing us to the 1st. Mutual reception/aspect between the significator's: they are involved with someone else. Dignity and the nature of the reception/aspect will reflect the nature of the involvement. As said earlier, don't worry about the 1st cusp being taken by the 'other person's other person' (7 from 7). We do not need to read the questioner into the chart to arrive at the answer.

Q5,

If you are currently working, and am asking about a new job prospects, what significators should be use? Let's say you are asking about the different prospects each individual job offers.

If you ask about a new job prospect, then this new prospect is the 10th cusp. It does not represent the current job, because you are not asking about the current job, you are asking about a future prospect, and the chart must be read in the context of the question. The 10th cusp will show the job prospect which is asked about.

If you are trying to decide between different prospects, then find a significator for that prospect by locating the relevant house cup.

Music industry = 5th cusp.
Local newspaper = 3rd cusp.
Hospital = 12th cusp.
Mortuary = 8th cusp.

Take the significator which represents that job prospect and see how it relates to the ruler of the 10th.

Q6,

If you are jobless and considering to either be a self-employed or an employee, do you use 10th house for both "self-employed" and "employee"?

Your job is always 10th house, whether you are working for someone else or for your self, your job is always 10th. Employees, people who work for us, are 6th house, the 6th is the house of servants. So your employees at the office, or the plumber at your home, to you, is 6th house. The plumber's job, to him, is 10th house, it is his job, his vocation.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you are still unsure then post back.

Draco ;)

Springup

:D Thank you Draco!!! It helps me much!! But I don't know if I do understand completely.

Q1,

Sorehearted use 5th house for her ex-lover and turned 7th for her ex-lover's wife.

Will the interpretation goes in a different direction or horary works in such a way that regardless of the choice of significators, the outcome of the interpretation will still be the same? As it is very interesting to read Draco's new technique that derives similar result with the question asked chart

If the querent suspects that the ex partner is married to someone else: for the ex-partner we look to the 7th cusp, this doesn't change just because he is an ex, the 7th house is always the house of 'the other person'. The ex partner is the 7th, whether ex or not. So the ex partners spouse is the 7th from the 7th, making this person the 1st cusp. You might wonder if the ex's new partner is the 1st, then where does the querent come into it? If the question is about whether the ex has remarried, then it isn't necessary to bring the querent into the interpretation anyway. All you are interested in is identifying whether ex married someone, so look to the dignity (power to act), receptions (inclination to act) and aspects (opportunity to act) between Lords 7 and 1.

I don't know if I understand it completely. It would mean 7th house includes all kinds of questions that is related to "other person", such as business partners are also included in this house. It is not restricted to commited love relationships only.

I read an interesting discussion in another website which says Lee hamen suggested using 7th house for commited live-in relationships and marriages only and 5th house is to be use for romance, flings, love interest..etc.

I'm confused as I was following a tutorial at skyscript which emphasized the importance of the choice of significators. If the wrong significators are chosen, will it affect the way it is interpretated and the outcome? As different theories advocate different choice of significators for relationship questions, which has been the more accurate one?

Have anyone ever experimented with 7th and 5th house to read?

What if is family relations such as daughter, mother, father, siblings? Do we use houses like 4th, 5th, 3rd, 10th or we still use 7th house for questions that involved another?

Take for an example the chart that I posted on my friend's behalf, she wanted to know if her ex-lover was married with someone else and if he is seeing both at the same time. It involves three persons and if 7th house is to be used for her ex-partner, turned 7th for his wife and where would the querent be in?

Sorehearted uses 5th house for my friend, 7th house for her ex-partner and turned 7th for his spouse. The reading is spot on as my friend has later found out that the woman her ex-partner married with is his ex. Someone from his past before he knows her and he is seeing both at the same time.

I wonder if it is to use 1st for querent, 7th for the man and 7th turned 5th for the man's spouse, would the outcome still the same? I'm pondering on 7th turned 5th for the spouse because at the time of the chart is done, the querent doesn't know if the man is involved with someone else and 7th turned 5th will be appropriate?

:oops: I know I do sound confusing....

Q2,

If the question is about a past lover who is now the friend of the querent, still use the 7th for 'other person'. When we are talking about a best friend or one friend in particular, then we always look to the 7th for 'other person'. Only look to the 11th if you are asking about a group of friends or a social group. If the question is '......my friends?' i'e. in the collective sense, this is 11th house. If the question is '........my friend', i.e. a specific person in particular, then this is 7th house - 'the other person'.

This I understand! :D

Q4,

As in the first question, the 7th for 'the other person' and the 7th from the 7th for who they might be involved with, bringing us to the 1st. Mutual reception/aspect between the significator's: they are involved with someone else. Dignity and the nature of the reception/aspect will reflect the nature of the involvement. As said earlier, don't worry about the 1st cusp being taken by the 'other person's other person' (7 from 7). We do not need to read the questioner into the chart to arrive at the answer.

This is the part that I'm still confused. :oops:

Q5,

If you ask about a new job prospect, then this new prospect is the 10th cusp. It does not represent the current job, because you are not asking about the current job, you are asking about a future prospect, and the chart must be read in the context of the question. The 10th cusp will show the job prospect which is asked about.

If you are trying to decide between different prospects, then find a significator for that prospect by locating the relevant house cup.

Music industry = 5th cusp.
Local newspaper = 3rd cusp.
Hospital = 12th cusp.
Mortuary = 8th cusp.

Take the significator which represents that job prospect and see how it relates to the ruler of the 10th.

Ok. I think I can understand this now. :D

Q6,

Your job is always 10th house, whether you are working for someone else or for your self, your job is always 10th. Employees, people who work for us, are 6th house, the 6th is the house of servants. So your employees at the office, or the plumber at your home, to you, is 6th house. The plumber's job, to him, is 10th house, it is his job, his vocation.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you are still unsure then post back.

If I am asking about my work relationship with a particular co-worker, I'll use 7th house. If I'm asking about my work relationship at work with other co-workers, I'll use 6th house to see the connections?

Springup

I've another question as I've just read about Angular, Neutral and Cadent houses.

1st, 4th, 7th, 10th is angular houses.
2nd, 5th, 8th and 11th is neutral
3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th is cadent.

Will this change if the chart is turned?

If you turned the chart and look into 6th house as the 1st house of quesited, will that be cadent or angular?