Mariah Carey has a Taurus Ascendant

savanna

A source who wishes to remain anonymous quotes an article in Rolling Stone magazine of February 23, 2006 found online at http://www.mariahjournal.com/infozone/magazines/2006/rollingstone/index.shtml: "When Patricia Carey gave birth to a seven-pound baby girl at 7:27 A.M. on March 27th, 1970, the nurse turned to her and said, "That's gonna be one lucky baby."
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Carey,_Mariah

Where did that original 11:45 am birth time come from? I never thought she was a Cancer ascendant anyways, but I didn't expect a Taurus ascendant!

tokyo.lights

Absolutely adore this woman, I've been a fan for years and years. But yep can't believe it's Taurus either! I would have thought Sagittarius she's quite "jolly" lol. Plus Taurus puts her Sun, Mercury and Venus in the 12th house, wow.

Caro

I think she has the build of a taurean.
particularly when on stage and singing.
also lots of celebs have 12th house placements.

*emma*

Banned
What an unusual chart pattern! I would expect an aries sun and mercury opposite uranus to be a bit wilder than she is, her softly softly persona does not reflect this aspect.

NeverSafe

I'm not surprised. The woman is clearly very sensual, she has a good control of her voice (which is beautiful), her speaking voice is very soft and she sort of looks like a Taurus ascendant or Venus ruled. I don't know why but I think she looked better during the 90s. I think her vanity is probably an Aries thing, but I'm not in the right to judge, haha.

SniperBomber328

Well to be fair, the astrological natal chart for Mariah Carey can be possibly way off. No one actually knows the exact year of birth for her. She says she was born in 1970, but her mother (and her drivers license) apparently say otherwise, placing her birth year in 1969 (in which she admitted too).

Last edited:

savanna

Well to be fair, the astrological natal chart for Mariah Carey can be possibly way off. No one actually knows the exact year of birth for her. She say's she was born in 1970, but her mother (and her drivers license) apparently say otherwise, placing her birth year in 1969 (in which she admitted too).

I believe this actually. I attached her chart with the year changed to 1969.

Attachments

• astro_2atw_19_mariah_carey_adb.73115.46340.jpg
    astro_2atw_19_mariah_carey_adb.73115.46340.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 80

Pallas-trine-Mars

Taurus I find more believable than the Cancer rising charts they used to have for her. Just listen to her speaking voice: Nearly mute, very grounded and patient-sounding most of the time. I also have felt skeptical of the Sagittarius Moon she has in the 1970 chart.

savanna

I believe this actually. I attached her chart with the year changed to 1969.

Compare this chart to the 1970 chart. The 1969 chart is much more fitting to Mariah in my opinion, especially the grand water trine between Moon in Cancer, Mercury in Pisces and Neptune in Scorpio!

Claire19

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Carey,_Mariah

Where did that original 11:45 am birth time come from? I never thought she was a Cancer ascendant anyways, but I didn't expect a Taurus ascendant!

Taurus rising with the ruler Venus in Aries, does fit judging by her looks. Taurus is the ruler of the throat and mouth and is the sign of the singer. Her 10th house cusp is Capricorn ruled by Saturn in Taurus, another indicator of a singer. If she plays piano that would further validate the Taurus ascendant. Capricorn is the hardworking sign that will climb to the top with patience and perseverance.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Yes! She is extremely hard working. I remember her being in an interview where she admits she had not slept in weeks because due to her tour. Isn't that what led up to her emotional breakdown?

5 octave vocal range video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh348ymnYis
And she is a very skilled vocalist. :) Extremely hard working for her to have been able to utilize a golden voice like her.