How does he feel for me?

scahm

I'm looking for an objective reading of this chart please, as I'm concerned that my own interpretation will be skewed by my own desires.

I asked a question about the feelings of a man I was involved with just before the pandemic started (when I first started learning about horary!). We were extremely close and involved, until he randomly ghosted, which was tough for me to deal with. From the chart that was cast back then, apparently he did so to prevent hurting me, as I wanted a relationship with him and he didn't.

It's been months since I cast a chart about him, so I'm wondering if his feelings towards me are any different now. Whilst we haven't spoken since, we still follow each other on social media so there's some awareness of what's going on in the other's life. I don't see us coming back together in the future (Mercury/Jupiter opposition) - I wouldn't want to after how he hurt me, but I'm just curious to know how he feels/thinks about me now.

We're both in each other's 5th houses so an attraction still remains, especially with him in the sign of my exaltation. His 5th ruler in his cadet 6th house makes me wonder if he's annoyed that he can't do anything about this, especially as it separates from Jupiter?

I'm unsure what the Mercury/Mars square and Moon/Venus sextile signifies - as far as I'm aware, money was not an issue in our connection, so I'm unsure what the reference to the 2nd/8th house axis suggests. I would think it would have something to do with loss, but our relationship had already ended a long time ago.

I'd be really appreciative of some more insight into this chart. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 10.27.15.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 10.27.15.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 10.27.21.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 10.27.21.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 40

IleneK

Premium Member
I'm looking for an objective reading of this chart please, as I'm concerned that my own interpretation will be skewed by my own desires.

I asked a question about the feelings of a man I was involved with just before the pandemic started (when I first started learning about horary!). We were extremely close and involved, until he randomly ghosted, which was tough for me to deal with. From the chart that was cast back then, apparently he did so to prevent hurting me, as I wanted a relationship with him and he didn't.
It's been months since I cast a chart about him, so I'm wondering if his feelings towards me are any different now. Whilst we haven't spoken since, we still follow each other on social media so there's some awareness of what's going on in the other's life. I don't see us coming back together in the future (Mercury/Jupiter opposition) - I wouldn't want to after how he hurt me, but I'm just curious to know how he feels/thinks about me now.
We're both in each other's 5th houses so an attraction still remains, especially with him in the sign of my exaltation. His 5th ruler in his cadet 6th house makes me wonder if he's annoyed that he can't do anything about this, especially as it separates from Jupiter?

I'm unsure what the Mercury/Mars square and Moon/Venus sextile signifies - as far as I'm aware, money was not an issue in our connection, so I'm unsure what the reference to the 2nd/8th house axis suggests. I would think it would have something to do with loss, but our relationship had already ended a long time ago.

I'd be really appreciative of some more insight into this chart. Thank you.

You/Jupiter are not feeling/doing well, being in your/Jup's fall moving retrograde. You think of him/Merc quite favorably, perhaps somewhat exaggeratedly, since he/Merc is in the sign of your/Jup's exaltation.
But Mercury does not reciprocate; there isn't favorable reception from him/Merc to you/Jup.

Quite honestly, I don't think that horary can speak about one person wondering what another is thinking when there is no relationship between them. But if it can, here is what I see it saying.

ElenaJ

He is mercury in your 5th, his 11th of friends. It is exactly square Chiron the wounded healer, in your 2nd of value.
It seems that he doesn't feel worthy, he doesn't have enough confidence in himself to go forward with a relationship with you.
Moon last squared Uranus, which is the abrupt separation you weren't expecting, and it involves your 2nd of value. He was frightened, he seems to have a lot of esteem for you, and doesn't feel up to it.
This is also reflected in the T-square between Valentine/Ceres/Eros.
Valentine on the descendent shows his affection for you, and Ceres on the ascendent caring for you, but they conflict with the idea of Eros, physical love.
In fact, he is in his 11th of friendship. That might be the type of relationship he would feel comfortable to have with you.
Moon will next sextile Venus, ruler of libra intercepted in the descendent, and it is in your 3rd of communications. It looks like you should be able to have a nice friendship with him, if you contact him. Platonic. Venus is loveable and in mercury's sign, intellectual and not physical.
Moon is in the sign of Leo, the ego, in his 12th house of his subconscious.
I don't know how to see astrologically if a person is gay. Are you sure this isn't his case, given the picture the chart is drawing? He cares but can't enter a physical relationship with you.
Neptune on the ascendent could show you misunderstood the relationship, so he just backed out to do it elegantly and without discussion.

scahm

He is mercury in your 5th, his 11th of friends. It is exactly square Chiron the wounded healer, in your 2nd of value.
It seems that he doesn't feel worthy, he doesn't have enough confidence in himself to go forward with a relationship with you.
Moon last squared Uranus, which is the abrupt separation you weren't expecting, and it involves your 2nd of value. He was frightened, he seems to have a lot of esteem for you, and doesn't feel up to it.
This is also reflected in the T-square between Valentine/Ceres/Eros.
Valentine on the descendent shows his affection for you, and Ceres on the ascendent caring for you, but they conflict with the idea of Eros, physical love.
In fact, he is in his 11th of friendship. That might be the type of relationship he would feel comfortable to have with you.
Moon will next sextile Venus, ruler of libra intercepted in the descendent, and it is in your 3rd of communications. It looks like you should be able to have a nice friendship with him, if you contact him. Platonic. Venus is loveable and in mercury's sign, intellectual and not physical.
Moon is in the sign of Leo, the ego, in his 12th house of his subconscious.
I don't know how to see astrologically if a person is gay. Are you sure this isn't his case, given the picture the chart is drawing? He cares but can't enter a physical relationship with you.
Neptune on the ascendent could show you misunderstood the relationship, so he just backed out to do it elegantly and without discussion.

Thank you so much for taking a look at this ElenaJ, I'm very grateful.

I doubt he's gay - he ghosted right after we had gotten intimate and I'm certain that he's been with other women since. Whilst he had told me that he ghosted due to being long distance, a horary chart I cast at the time showed that he was only interested in me sexually anyway and had no desire for a relationship in the first place (on reflection, his behaviour at the time supported this), so I'm confused about Eros in this chart.

ElenaJ

Is this then just a case of... he just isn't that into you.
Eros was there but in conflict.
His 8th of just plain sex is ruled by Venus, near eros.
From his 12th moon is approaching a sextile with Venus. Venus approaches a square with Neptune in the ascendent.
So do we therefore see him fantasising about you?
Mercury, descendent ruler, is intellectual, it squares Chiron and will square mars of sexual energy. That mars is strong in its own sign, own house, and impulsive and aggressive. Very much in conflict with the energy of mercury.
Venus ruler of his 8th is in gemini of the mind, in the house of mercury. So is Eros.
Sun representing the male is at the last degree of its sign, in his 12th, of self undoing.
I keep returning to the idea that he was scared off by his own insecurities.

scahm

Is this then just a case of... he just isn't that into you.
Eros was there but in conflict.
His 8th of just plain sex is ruled by Venus, near eros.
From his 12th moon is approaching a sextile with Venus. Venus approaches a square with Neptune in the ascendent.
So do we therefore see him fantasising about you?
Mercury, descendent ruler, is intellectual, it squares Chiron and will square mars of sexual energy. That mars is strong in its own sign, own house, and impulsive and aggressive. Very much in conflict with the energy of mercury.
Venus ruler of his 8th is in gemini of the mind, in the house of mercury. So is Eros.
Sun representing the male is at the last degree of its sign, in his 12th, of self undoing.
I keep returning to the idea that he was scared off by his own insecurities.

Thanks ElenaJ - I did wonder if he just wasn't that into me, but he was so loving when we were together that I was completely confused by his behaviour.

I wouldn't be surprised if was still fantasising about me - he had admitted to having sexual fantasies about me before we met. Maybe I just didn't live up to the fantasy he had of me when we finally met? I would accept this, but like you said, I do still see attraction in the chart. Mars is also intercepted in the chart - it just feels as though he can't do anything about it.

Do you see issues of distance in the chart?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

" it just feels as though he can't do anything about it."
Exactly. but why?

Distance as in out of the country?
this would be the 9th, and would be Jupiter, not relating to him, mercury.
Trips not too far would be 3rd, mercury. In this case also moon, since mercury is already ruler of the descendent. Approaching a square with mars, could be an interruption.

scahm

" it just feels as though he can't do anything about it."
Exactly. but why?

Distance as in out of the country?
this would be the 9th, and would be Jupiter, not relating to him, mercury.
Trips not too far would be 3rd, mercury. In this case also moon, since mercury is already ruler of the descendent. Approaching a square with mars, could be an interruption.

That explains it then - I live in a different city an hour and a half away, but was planning to move to his city before the lockdown hit. He had mentioned having a troubled long-distance relationship with one of his exes, so I think this probably put him off.

scahm

Alternatively, does the chart show shame? Maybe he can't approach me because he feels guilty for disappearing the way that he did and hurting my feelings?