Indications of Singing Talents/Interest

Pisceanfool

saturnsrainbow,

ahh yes indeed interesting. the leo rising would help with some sort of public expression generally in the dramatic sense so possibly musical theatre of some sort? not sure.

the taurus M.C. is also good for useing creative vensian energies and as you know truely beautiful singing comes form deep within and form the heart and such. neways, ur venus which rules the M.C. is in the 5th house of leo as the house of personal creativity! good combo right there interesting... also interesing how you have this refined emotional depth... venus trine pluto giving intensity to the singing im sure.

theeeen mercury, also 5th house, is involved in a t-square with jupiter, uranus, and the lil stellium in libra which just so happens to be in mercurys house! also trining the M.C.. libra ruled by venus too... with uranus maybe giving a very original flare... idk just thinkin aloud i suppose. cardinal signs showing initiative and action. pretty good chart for singin and creativity i'd say!

what sorts of singin have you been involved with?

Last edited:
Pisceanfool, i appreciate you taking the time to reply ty4sharing,and yes you are right the most activity i experienced using my talent was involving musicals, caberets, and even melodramas. it was all quite fun and fulfulling. As long as i stayed in this area i was fine but when ever i tried to venture out solo i had awful and traumatic events happen to me. i have talent, quality, learn quickly, and as you say sing from my heart and soul, but what i didnt have is a meantor, a protector or really the proper training. i also had the looks which i think was detrimental to my ambitions ,because i constantly had to fight off advances from every aspect and was even brutally raped once, i got so tired of men trying to take advantage of me, my naivity and ignorance that i gave up for quite a while and which when i dont sing i get very depressed. i dont sing because i like applause or the sound of my voice or want to be rich and famous, i sing because there is music in my heart soul and it wants out and i
want to share it...when i do i feel much better lol.

Last edited:

Athene

Hm, i find myself wondering often should i pursue this one for life ? In fact i'm in love with many forms of art, music in particular and plan to start learning electronics and djing in due time, but somehow i never fail to come back to this question and re-examine it again and again :pouty: Whichever way you turn it, you cant push through all the things you want to, you have to choose your priority and stay commited untill it comes to bring it's first fruits, art is not only a matter of talent but of virtuosity too :smile:

Now, if it's for the 3d and 5th, Venus and Neptune, i should have all the astrological requirements for singing, while i have the mentioned planets in stelliums in both of those houses, with Neptune being the dispositor of my Moon, Venus, Mars and the cusp of my 6th work house, and my Piscean Moon disposing the 10th of career.

About what should i think on that Mars/Neptune square in this regard i dunno, but Mercury conjoined Jupiter is making a nice sextile to that Venus/Mars point of mine and Neptune and Moon are in sextile too.

As for my ear and the actual state of my voice, though i have no musical education than the most basic aquired during childhood, i have the "absolute ear", very acute hearing (i hear all the plugged electronic devices through seven walls up/down dosnt matter) and am in fact clairaudient, which allows me not only to transform and interpret informations within auditive wavelengths, but to compone and 'broadcast' music in my mind, my inner ear, as clearly reproduced as if it comes from actual speakers. Think that comes for that Neptune 3d disposing Moon in Pisces, what do you think ?

While my voice isnt in it's best shape right now, i have no problem hitting any tone or it's harmonic declineation within my range, i'm a sporan btw, though i worked extensively on lowering my register working with alt's for the sake of a better range balance. Well, my voice is naturally so high pitch that i could dubb cartoon characters without eaven modifying myself, lol :biggrin:

In this last couple of years, i found myself many times REALLY craving to find some hard oriented band where i could stretch my throath thoroughly and sing my heart out of all it's contenets that pilled up . . . . I feel it as a real need, but while i'm so much Pisces, i'm still a bit on the shy, hm, let's say better - undemonstrative side . . Hm, 'll have to remedy to that somehow, anyway.

Here's the chart, any insights ? :smile:

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?

What I've always read is even more broad than that - that basically you should just look for the sign Taurus in general, not necessarily just Venus in Taurus, specifically.

positive

Banned
I recently came to the same conclusion that taurus is the kind of voice you have, too. I thought that because Michelle Yeoh has in her Helo chart Mars in taurus. She is a number one actor, a dancer, beauty queen and married a billionaire, but has a incredible bad voice.

I sing too as a hobby. I have lots of virgo, maybe a taurus AC. Mercury from second house (voice I think) in 6 in scorpion conj Uranus. I have a more pop voice, I sing loud and bit deep. It is not possible to load it up.

merc sext venus semisext neptune. 5th house ven jup/sat. Jup sext Uran

uranus is electronic music, which I am interested in. Moon in 11 on venus exaltation degree. in draconic chart venus jupiter saturn in taurus, possibly venus conj MC.

but technically I am not good, I sing out of tunes but do not hear it. that is what a professionel piano player told me when I was singing a capella (years ago). that is (virgo perfection) why I am shy in singing and improvisation. In the beginning I even wasn´t able to hold my voice when somebody sang above.. I learned that, but I am insecure. I though had one year lessons, also long ago. Now I want to do it again for fun and got in touch with a person who is experienced. So lets see what she is saying then.

Maybe also look out for asteroids, just for confirming.
I used Kalliope (22), beautiful voice (but more rhetoric, philosophy) conj my south node
Melpomene (18), the singing one in between my mercury uran conj
polyhymnia (33), lots of songs (don´t have lots of songs, 10 degree pisces!)

the olympic muses

When I was younger I believed everybody can sing. You just have to unleash your voice (maybe Uranus near DC, projection).

AC is not exact.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 37
  • draco.gif
    draco.gif
    55.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

DoubleDare

uranus is electronic music
I'm still rather new to astrology. How does that play out?

What about rock vocalists? Probably something on the agressive/masculine side with mars or pluto? I know many aries that play in the genre and quite a few leo's (myself included ;]) that would probably support something along those lines. Always an overwhelming ammount of Taurus vocalists as well...

What if venus is in a square aspect to a planet in the midheaven?

I'm still rather new to astrology. How does that play out?

What about rock vocalists? Probably something on the agressive/masculine side with mars or pluto? I know many aries that play in the genre and quite a few leo's (myself included ;]) that would probably support something along those lines. Always an overwhelming ammount of Taurus vocalists as well...

What if venus is in a square aspect to a planet in the midheaven?

venus is a benefic planet and even square to MC wouldn't do any damage really. It doesn't matter whether you have a good singing voice, it matters whether you can earn a living doing something with it surely?

For this you need to look at MC it's ruler and aspects...

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775

byjove

Account Closed
Ah, an interesting thread I'd like to follow!

As far as I know, Mercury rules the the manner of communication, Taurus the throat and Venus culture and social functions. I wonder does the Moon come into this too though?

So what next? I think A50 has a good point above, which I've been discussing here lately too, and that's even squares and oppositions can indicate the talent or ability even if there are problems along the way. So, I think it's more than just sextiles or trines.

I wonder what does it mean what house Taurus rules and I suppose Mercury? Having Taurus rule the 9th - the ability to delve into philosophical topics in a manner which others find appealing or easy to digest? (as long as Venus is in good condition overall). Venus well placed in the 10th, besides the possibility for for making a career out of Venusian persuits, perhaps a pleasing and convincing manner well-received by bosses? :love:

Which planets/cusps need to be in aspect? I suppose a complex web of Mercury, Venus and I wonder the Moon also. Not necessarily only these planets with each other, but as others have mentioned; Venus with Pluto, Mercury with Uranus. :kissing: I forgot to add, if you're talking about performance, you really need the Sun and or ASC in there too, firstly the Sun I think and secondly the ASC.

I have no musical training myself and have no idea of my potential but have always enjoyed dancing immensely. (Mercury in Pisces on MC)

scorpittarian

I've mercury conjunct venus, pluto & the north node in the 10th.
Mercury rules my 5th and 8th, venus my 4th and 9th & pluto's the lord of my 10th and If singing talent equals croak of a frog or bleat of a sheep, then yes, I'm a singer.

nemesis

While I'm not the best singer I have always been told I have a very pleasant speaking voice and I do love music. I have Taurus Rising and Venus in Libra conj Pluto/Mars in Libra. (Merc/Sun in Leo in the 5th)

Last edited:

tikana

Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?

I have unaspcted venus in virgo. i got almost 4 full octaves range D3 to B6/c7 (with NO training at all, if i get it training i would be probably full 4 + octaves) my voice is not emotional it is nowhere near Lied just extremly loud.

Last edited:

labelledujour

I used to sing in a choir, then I turned solo. I have Scorpio MC with ruler Pluto in my 9th. Both my Venus in Leo and Mercury in Cancer are aspected to my Scorpio Moon & Pluto, so many people tell me my voice can be very deep and very strong. I had abandoned my singing pastime, but over the last year, after battling depression, I'm finding my mojo again.

Nickidan

I'm new on this site but I'll like someone to read my chart. Can you give my chart a look? :joyful: So I'll attach an image below of my natal chart (in my albums too) (I blocked out my time of birth and birthplace for privacy reasons, but it shouldn't matter it has the important stuff anyway the drawing)

I LOVE Singing but I've always been afraid to show interest in it so i put in the back of my mind. Now I'm in college, and i can't seem to get it out my head. Since I never "showed" outward interest I never had lessons or joined a group or choir (until I got to college) I feel it's too late but at the same time I can't let it go. Should I let it go or continue?

Thank You

Last edited:

brian

I have a few questions about quintiles and bi-quintiles. Here are the aspects:
Moon(Leo/6th house) bi-quintile Mercury(pisces/1st house)
Sun (Aries/1st house) bi-quintile Pluto(Scorpio/8th house)
Pluto(Scorpio/8th house) quintile Mars (Capricorn/11th house)
Venus (Taurusus/3rd house) bi-quintile Uranus (Capricorn/10th house)
Neptune(Capricorn/11th house) quintile North Node(Pisces/1st house)

My first question is what do these aspects mean? Also what does the last aspect (Neptune quintile North Node) mean because I can't find it anywhere?

Rawnee

Aloha. I have a challenge of sorts that I am faced with at this time in my life. Snap shot~ Sang the moment I could mumble a word~trained professionally~ at age 16 offered a recording contract with Columbia~ didnʻt do it~got married instead at 20~2 kids,divorced~ married again~more kids~widowed~empty nest~still alone~I still have the pipes, I feel I still want that dream ~ somewhere deep inside my psyche I am in conflict as to whether to give it a shot again or just let it go. But with all the recent activity in my chart around music and the arts,~creativity in the area of these genres ~ planetary alignments pointing to the very same energy going on at this time~that occurred around the summer when I was 16~ I feel I need more insight and hope some of you are up for the challenge. I think Horary astrology can help me get a good snap shot of this present moment in time and if the info resonates with me I will know what to do next. Itʻs really making me nuts! I do not wish to pursue this dream if it is to be a mediocre one at best. I guess I wonʻt know that until I try, but I am hesitant to put all my energy into this pursuit~@ 64~ until I can get some impartial and insightful feedback. I feel astrology is a tool we should all utilize for our benefit and our growth. Who knows, perhaps I will promote new artists, which is something I love and already do in my community. Soooo..."What do ye say" should I let the past be the past~ let go of my dream or ? I realize the choice is ultimately mine to make, but two heads... or more, are better than one. I appreciate your interest and expertise. My date of birth 7/24/1948~Santa Ana, Ca. @ 6:08 am. Iʻll still sing in the shower and my car.

fullmoonlibra

I think my chart is interesting related to the singing ability subject.
Because the first look at my chart shows immediatly that I have singing ability.

Venus in Taurus conjunct MC in tenth house, trine Moon Libra in second house (full moon AND singleton) and trine Part of Fortune in capricorn exact at the cusp of the sixht house.
Moon forms T square because of the opposite to Mercury in Aries, with focal point in Neptune/Mars in Capricorn in fifth house, with sagi on cusp.
And I have Libra on the cusp of the third house, with Pluto there giving power to the voice.
AND my ascendant is Leo.

So some people get excited when they remark these aspects.

BUT I am only a kitchen/bathroom - singer :joyful:

And I never thought about the idea of having a career as singer :surprised:
BECAUSE I don't think that singing is 'classy' anymore, unfortunately :sad:
So I prefer to play the violin, but I'm so new to it, that I don't believe that I'll make it this way (I love to, but I don't want to get disappointed, so I pass).
Being writer is my main purpose at the moment :joyful:

Last edited:

tikana

I'm new on this site but I'll like someone to read my chart. Can you give my chart a look? :joyful: So I'll attach an image below of my natal chart (in my albums too) (I blocked out my time of birth and birthplace for privacy reasons, but it shouldn't matter it has the important stuff anyway the drawing)

I LOVE Singing but I've always been afraid to show interest in it so i put in the back of my mind. Now I'm in college, and i can't seem to get it out my head. Since I never "showed" outward interest I never had lessons or joined a group or choir (until I got to college) I feel it's too late but at the same time I can't let it go. Should I let it go or continue?

Thank You

Hi

Without looking in your chart .. take vocal class in college. it is WORTH it. the teacher right off the bat will check your pitch and test out your vocals and tell you what is your range, what can you sing and etc

T

Munch

I sing though I haven't laid anything down in a while.

You can hear me here: http://soundcloud.com/lila-c/dj-sandman-feat-lila-always-next-to-you-final-mix and http://soundcloud.com/lila-c/lila-if-this-is-love-mastered-mp3

I've attached my chart so maybe you might find something helpful for your research.

I have actually improved quite a bit since I recorded these, I've just been flat, busted, broke so haven't been able to afford studio, producer, engineer time.

The first track is electronic dance music, so the intro is long for DJ's so they can mix it. Just skip to about 1:50. :)

My biggest hang up (that I feel shows up in my singing) is that I have had a hard time letting it flow. I have such a hugely afflicted Mercury (squared by Pluto and Saturn from the first, combust and on a pitted degree) that I think this is the root of my issue. I have a great voice, but spent a lot of time 'trying to find it' and I judged everything that came out of my mouth so harshly in the past. I didn't listen to the posted tracks for a good year because I thought they were terrible. When I did finally listen again, I was blown away by how NOT horrible they were. I continue working on my Mercury affliction and understanding it better and my singing improves right along with it.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw_74487_11949.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw_74487_11949.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Rawnee

Aloha Munch. Thanks for your share. i too have always been overly critical of myself in general. In regards to my voice I could hear I had something of quality going on~but I felt a mimic~singing other people stuff and doing covers. Not what I want. I had two amazing writers who created the song that got me in the door at Columbia. But I was too afraid and insecure i was only 16 and my parents basically were leaving it up to me. My dad was an amazing singer and he had the same opportunity. But he met my mom and decided to hang up the singing gigs. He did what he felt best for him~but I was in my prime and honed. Even though the pipes are still in operation, it is now I have issue with my age(64). People tell me I have maturity now in my presence and voice, but I am still feeling lost. Perhaps I will have to let that dream behind... but I am havign a difficult tiem doing that. I am not sure as to where in my chart the info could give me some insight into what is going on now. I am putting it out there that I would like someone ot read my chart, but do it Horary style.I would like some relevant to the NOW INFO. So if anyone on this thread is up to it doing a reading for me I would love it. my info. 7/24/48 santa ana, california 6:08 am Mahalo, P.S. Munch what is your Facebook name, I tried to go in on the link you sent, but no go. Let me know please because I would love to hear your recording. Aloha