Should I continue going to college or pursue singing instead?

pizzagirl543

I've been very torn up about this for awhile. I am in my second year of studying psychology and while it is interesting to learn, the work can become very overwhelming and I get depressed when I have to do it, because I am slow at learning things. This past year has been very stressful in school and I'm wondering if I'm meant to be in college in the first place. I originally wanted to be a counselor to help others but I need to help myself first.

I'm a really good singer, not to sound cocky, but I never considered it as a career option and I wouldn't want to go to school for it. If it happens it happens, but I'm wondering if I should put more effort into making singing a real thing?

I don't see many good signs of either because my ruler is the moon which is 25 degrees in Capricorn. Also, my 10th house only has Uranus retrograde which isn't very stable at all. Also, my first house has retrograde Jupiter. If someone could help me see some insights into this chart, it would be so greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_131_should_i_continue_goin_2_college_for_psy.82492.30485.jpg
    astro_2gw_131_should_i_continue_goin_2_college_for_psy.82492.30485.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 31

caltron

I am too much of a noob to give you a good reading based on the chart, but I would strongly suggest that you stay in school. Even though I know you must have a great voice, it is extremely hard to make a living that way.

If I were you I would stick it out at school. The next 2.5 years are going to fly by and soon your troubles will be a thing of the past. If you're feeling overwhelmed just be sure that you're utilizing all of the assistance available to you. Maybe you could get extra tutoring or study groups. Maybe you should meet with your career counselor to see if you wouldn't benefit from a change in major. There are so many other things you can do to get through the next 2.5 years than quitting.

It might be worth it to try to make money part time from singing while you're going to school. If that pays a lot and you see a future there, then I might consider making it a full time thing--but only after you've got the degree under your belt. It would be a whole lot harder to finish school after taking a few years off than just toughing it out now.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I originally wanted to be a counselor to help others but I need to help myself first.

To be a professional counselor you will need to be in school for a long time. To perform without constant supervision or whatever you do, your minimum educational requirement is an MSW(masters of social work), or a certificate in public school counseling, and a Masters degree in counseling psychology or counselor education(which is counseling psychology with a minor emphasis on educational structures).

I'm a really good singer, not to sound cocky, but I never considered it as a career option and I wouldn't want to go to school for it. If it happens it happens, but I'm wondering if I should put more effort into making singing a real thing?

While it is possible that you could make it in the singing world without any education, and some people do, the likelihood of being able to make any money at it also requires music education. This usually means a degree in Music Performance or Music Education.

Our world pretty much operates on education and those without it sometimes make it but the percentages are a NOT a good one to play.

This is just a dose of reality before you move forward with some astrology. Trying to do anything without a healthy dose of education in our current world is playing at odds which are very very long. I recently ran into a client who spent the first few years of his career life as a singer, and living on the edge of total poverty, finally bit bullet and went back to school.

It is possible to do these things without school, but for most of us normal people, being a success without school is a dream world.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Now.... reality out of the way....

Horary operates on a yes/no system mostly. So is the question:

1. Should I keep going to college?

2. Should I stop going to college?

3. Should I start a singing career?

Either OR doesn't work in horary. You could have a yes and a no in the same question, and then what would you do?

Lillytoday

Dear singer,

there are several ways to look at this chart, all suggesting not to change to singing... maybe some details tomorrow...

good night, Thorsten