Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Spiritual Astrology

Spiritual Astrology A place for all those interested inthe spiritual side of astrology.

Unread 04-17-2018, 03:05 PM

Biblical Implications, 26 quotes about us going to hell

Howdy,

I believe in God and I'm agnostic, the bible has 20 + verses saying we're going to hell for being stargazers, the one about us being like a moth unto a flame is the most frightening...

It also says men who cut their hair are going to hell and people that are gay, but that's only covered once or twice.

Meanwhile, we stargazers are poked at over 20 times...

What are your thoughts??

Unread 04-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Re: Biblical Implications, 26 quotes about us going to hell

''I believe in God and I'm agnostic'' are you not theistic rather than agnostic then?

Divination, including astrology, is permitted and practiced by many Jews of history. Abraham ibn Ezra wrote a few astrological books, but he is also known for biblical commentary amongst Jews. Some talmudists saw it as permissible, others did not.

The Christians simply misunderstood the Old Testament distinction of permitted signs vs pagan divination, for the Hebrew has special words where divination is not the correct word to translate it, because if you take the word in its most obvious sense, a few Prophets and Rabbis will be guilty of divination.

In the Talmud, Rabbi Ammi basically endorses three particular forms of divination, although he does not recognize any of them as divination:
He who wishes to ascertain whether he will live through the year or not shall, during the ten days between the New Year and the Day of Atonement, kindle a lamp in a house wherein there is no draught. If the light continues to burn he may know that he will live through the year. He who desires to engage in business and wishes to ascertain whether he will succeed or not, let him rear up a cock; if it grows plump and fine he will succeed. He who desires to set out on a journey and wishes to ascertain whether he will return home again or not. let him station himself in a dark house; if he sees the reflection of his shadow he may know that he will return home again. [This, however, is not a proper thing to do, lest his courage fail him and he meet with misfortune in consequence]. - http://www.come-and-hear.com/horayoth/horayoth_12.html

Of the Bible, there is the oneiromancy of Joseph, his ''cup for divination'', Daniel being chief of the Chaldeans and diviners, rhabdomancy in Hosea 4, divination by arrows in II Kings 13, divination by shadows in 2 Kings 20, and by some definitions of divination - the Urim and Thummim and casting of lots in the New Testament. Luke 21:25 takes it for granted that people will understand obvious omens (I argue that Sun and Moon and stars signs of something other than astronomy are by definition - practice of astrology).

It is most likely that Astrology, like exitospicy was viewed as Chaldean practice, and so rejected, but there is nothing inherently bad with observing certain signs (divination in some sense), rather than divination (in some sense). Most stargazers mentions are involved with practicing astrology for the Babylonian empire, and so Eliyah will obviously mock them.

Last edited by petosiris; 04-17-2018 at 03:48 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
Horus (04-17-2018), MoonBucket (04-17-2018), or1000 (08-20-2018)
Unread 04-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Re: Biblical Implications, 26 quotes about us going to hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee35 View Post
Howdy,

I believe in God and I'm agnostic, the bible has 20 + verses saying we're going to hell for being stargazers, the one about us being like a moth unto a flame is the most frightening...

It also says men who cut their hair are going to hell and people that are gay, but that's only covered once or twice.

Meanwhile, we stargazers are poked at over 20 times...

What are your thoughts??
I wished you would give these 20 verse of condemnation as I have never see them. I can only remember1.

rahu
Unread 09-14-2018, 09:24 PM

Some points about the bible and astrology:

Gen 2:14...stars etc are for SIGNS.
Rev 22:2 ... 12 manner of fruits, each in its month.

These 2 chapters are the first and last in the bible.

And then...If God abhors astrology and its practitioners...Why did He send 3 astrologers to adore the newborn Jesus?
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
StillOne (09-15-2018)

Tags
biblical, hell, implications, quotes