The part of Astrology

ALRESCHA

I was looking forward to opening this thread, like a kid in a candy store refreshing the planet watcher page since yesterday waiting for the TrMoon conjunction with my natal Moon to end (I decided to isolate myself until it does so that I don't have to face any stress and yet I didn't) So I can't wait for the answers.

There is a certain "Part of Astrology" that I can't find any info on. I can't go join a library now that I am I having my ID renewed, so I would like any answers very much.

What is it about?

The formula is:

ASC + Uranus - Mercury

Mine is at 23 Libra 10, and my natal Venus is at 23 Libra 07, next to Spica.

It is intriguing.

Phoenix Venus

Hi Alrescha,

There are two formulas that have been given the title "astrology":

As + Uranus - Mercury
& Its reverse formula As + Mercury - Uranus

Forum member piercethevale suggests that the first formula, the one you posted, is more about "Omens and signs" and the second formula is more appropriately titled "astrology"

My studies have lead me to concur with that suggestion.

My part of astrology, As + Merc - Uranus, is at approx. 19.29 virgo.

Here is the symbol:

" A CARAVAN OF CARS HEADED TO THE WEST COAST.

KEYNOTE: The need of cooperative effort in reaching any "New World" of experience.

It is difficult to know, from the original formulation of the clairvoyant's vision, the type of caravan of cars that was visualized; what seems to be clearly implied is a process in which a group of persons are journeying together — thus linking their consciousnesses and energies (the "car" symbol) — in order to safely reach the goal of destiny. Here there is no longer any sense of competition, but an ordered and structured endeavor.

At this last stage of the five-fold sequence the past is entirely left behind; men cooperate in the great "adventure in consciousness" in a TOTALIZATION OF PURPOSE AND EFFORT."

I find this particular symbol to be very appropriate, and validating, towards my astrological pursuits.

To explain, let me emphasize the key phrase "the need for cooperative effort in reaching any "new world" type of experience."

.....which is exactly what a few of us have been doing here, and striving towards; partially in the forum. We are at the precipice of the technological age.... We have the ability to study astrological charts with an accuracy and magnitude that we have never seen before, not even come close to before. And lets face it... Astrology is in need of a major overhaul. Our astrological predecessors could only determine but so much from less than accurate data from a very limited pool of samples. Because of that, as well as the rise of skepticism and disdain towards astrology from the mass of society, the state of astrology today has dwindled down to, more or less, psychological pop mumbo jumbo. We dont need astrology to analyze our psychological wellbeing, we have psychologists who are more suited and directly effective towards that. Astrology is more suited towards directing us to alignment with Gods plan for us; our mission as it unfolds, in order to ease our transition away from material attachments and fulfill our spiritual birth potential.

A big chunk of that overhaul involves the emphasis on the sabian symbols and arabic parts.

For instance, renowned prophet Edgar Cayce stated that many people are only influenced by a select few of the planets. He also stated that the ascendant and angles to the ascendant (arabic parts fit into that category) are of influence.

Piercethevale was the trailblazer regarding this. He's spent several years weeding out the junk astrology and getting to the true answers... The nitty gritty.... He was doing this mainly alone for some time. My cooperation in this is quite apparent in the symbol for my part of astrology.

We need more people on board... True seekers of truth, prepared to go the extra mile towards uncovering the astrological vault. There is still much research to be done...."A totalization of purpose and effort."

Its nice to see others get interested in the arabic lots. :)

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

For anyone unable to find the correct answer by adding or subtracting in your head, this link has the Arabic parts of astrology calculator provided.

http://libracentre.com/arabic_parts_chart.php

My part of astrology in the very end of the astrological degree calendar:
29' 13" Pisces.

And looking in the Birthday Table on Sabian symbols web site.
http://sabiansymbols.com/birthday-table/

Pisces 29
Light breaking into many colors as it passes through a prism.
Pisces 30
A majestic rock formation resembling a face is idealized by a boy who takes it as his ideal of greatness, as he grows up, he begins to look like it.

ALRESCHA

Thank you.

Hi Alrescha,

As + Uranus - Mercury

Forum member piercethevale suggests that the first formula, the one you posted, is more about "Omens and signs" and the second formula is more appropriately titled "astrology"

My part of astrology, As + Merc - Uranus, is at approx. 19.29 virgo.

Here is the symbol:

" A CARAVAN OF CARS HEADED TO THE WEST COAST.

KEYNOTE: The need of cooperative effort in reaching any "New World" of experience.

It is difficult to know, from the original formulation of the clairvoyant's vision, the type of caravan of cars that was visualized; what seems to be clearly implied is a process in which a group of persons are journeying together — thus linking their consciousnesses and energies (the "car" symbol) — in order to safely reach the goal of destiny. Here there is no longer any sense of competition, but an ordered and structured endeavor.

At this last stage of the five-fold sequence the past is entirely left behind; men cooperate in the great "adventure in consciousness" in a TOTALIZATION OF PURPOSE AND EFFORT."

I find this particular symbol to be very appropriate, and validating, towards my astrological pursuits.

To explain, let me emphasize the key phrase "the need for cooperative effort in reaching any "new world" type of experience."

.....which is exactly what a few of us have been doing here, and striving towards; partially in the forum. We are at the precipice of the technological age.... We have the ability to study astrological charts with an accuracy and magnitude that we have never seen before, not even come close to before. And lets face it... Astrology is in need of a major overhaul. Our astrological predecessors could only determine but so much from less than accurate data from a very limited pool of samples. Because of that, as well as the rise of skepticism and disdain towards astrology from the mass of society, the state of astrology today has dwindled down to, more or less, psychological pop mumbo jumbo.

Happy to see that. :joyful:

We dont need astrology to analyze our psychological wellbeing, we have psychologists who are more suited and directly effective towards that.

I respect your mind ( zero hostility here )

However, I will not cut one arm off deliberately. I used to carry K. Zondag's book everywhere for a year. Hoping to work at an HR department some day maybe.

Astrology is more suited towards directing us to alignment with Gods plan for us; our mission as it unfolds, in order to ease our transition away from material attachments and fulfill our spiritual birth potential.

But I am that type of person who wonders what the significance of the dead rat omen was on my way to the bank. :biggrin: I am not as religious as I used to be, but I now I want not to feel to guilty of prelest, still, I understand your understanding of spirituality AND I cherish it. I don't have visions tho, I have dreams. I am trying to find a way to control feeling other people's physical pain, for example.

A big chunk of that overhaul involves the emphasis on the sabian symbols and arabic parts.

For instance, renowned prophet Edgar Cayce stated that many people are only influenced by a select few of the planets. He also stated that the ascendant and angles to the ascendant (arabic parts fit into that category) are of influence.

I am very excited about the expansion of the sky map. And I know every object and spot counts, as I know that no soup is the same with and without pepper.

We need more people on board... True seekers of truth, prepared to go the extra mile towards uncovering the astrological vault. There is still much research to be done...."A totalization of purpose and effort."

Its nice to see others get interested in the arabic lots. :)

Thank you very much, you are very kind. I'll continue later.

OK... so I miscalculated. I focused, sat up straight and dropped the calculator, but rather calculated myself and I got it right. :D

I'll kill the significance of this symbol. It's not good. That is not the path I want to take, so I'll work on it. I rather wish to protect.

PHASE 122 (LEO 2°): AN EPIDEMIC OF THE MUMPS.

KEYNOTE
: The spreading power of individual crises through a collectivity.

This symbol should be interpreted at two levels without evading the issues posed by its original wording. What does an epidemic imply and why mumps? The broad meaning of an epidemic is that one individual, if infected by a certain type of disease, can spread the disease to a vast number of persons in their environment, and in some cases all over the globe. In the proceeding symbol we were confronted with the individual crises, and its dangerous possibilities for the individual were implied. Now we deal with a process that affects the entire society; this obviously points out that the whole of mankind is potentially affected by, and thus, consciously or not, cannot help being involved in the critical situations faced by any individual or special group of people. Why then an epidemic of mumps? A childhood disease is implied, but it may have very serious consequences for adult men who catch it, since it affects not only all lymphatic glands, especially in the neck region, but also the testicles.

If the sign Aries symbolizes birth as a natural organism on this Earth, Leo represents (at least potentially) rebirth – at the level of the conscious and mind-based individuality. Thus in Leo man/woman, in this sense, is as yet only a ‘little child’ one might say a would-be initiate, an infant in spirit. The relation of the mumps to the sexual glands is characteristic, for the entrance into the realm of the conscious and individualized mind can affect the sex force, either through over-stimulation and irritation, or in terms of a deliberate ascetic deprivation.

This second stage symbol also provides a contrast with the first. What was an individual issue is now seen as a collective danger. Thus we are dealing with
THE INFECTIOUS SPREAD OF INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCES.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Dont get me wrong, i majored in psychology in college. I started my astrological studies from a psychological standpoint. I just think its the wrong direction for astrology to go.

I know all about omens; they highlight my life. I have my part of omens conj my part of destiny so its something ive become accustomed to. Having your part of omens conj your venus would make them pronounced for you as well.

That symbol is startling....! o_O

Did you look up the symbol for the next degree up? (as in, the part calculated to be 01.XX leo...?)

Thoughts spread like wildfire.... Its about time others catch the astrological bug.... Lets just hope that those who do are using it for the right reasons. :)

ALRESCHA

Dont get me wrong, i majored in psychology in college. I started my astrological studies from a psychological standpoint. I just think its the wrong direction for astrology to go.

That's very interesting! :joyful: I think there are no wrong ways, because not everyone is ready for that kind or degree of spiritual development from what I've come to understand so far.
I also believe that everyone has their own path, and that each person needs to evolve in every direction pointed in their own chart. Everyone needs to let everyone else be.

I know all about omens; they highlight my life. I have my part of omens conj my part of destiny so its something ive become accustomed to. Having your part of omens conj your venus would make them pronounced for you as well.

That too is very interesting. Yes, I read them. I hope it's not gonna be as bad as the dead doggy that I saw the last time I went there (dead animals are extremely rare in my neighborhood) But I understand dreams better.

That symbol is startling....! o_O

Did you look up the symbol for the next degree up? (as in, the part calculated to be 01.XX leo...?)

121.04 the next one, the previous one and the other side too. :sad: I am worried.

Thoughts spread like wildfire.... Its about time others catch the astrological bug.... Lets just hope that those who do are using it for the right reasons. :)

They do catch it. But I have brought problems to the people who do before, because I started learning so that I could warn a woman about someone who plots to harm her without her knowing that I already know everything without studying astrology. Then others who happened to be around got into trouble because of that bad person, because the person wants to harm everyone. :sad: I must cut my tail off and grow up. The situation has now changed, tho. I have gained control over it.

Last edited:

piercethevale

For anyone unable to find the correct answer by adding or subtracting in your head, this link has the Arabic parts of astrology calculator provided.

http://libracentre.com/arabic_parts_chart.php

My part of astrology in the very end of the astrological degree calendar:
29' 13" Pisces.

And looking in the Birthday Table on Sabian symbols web site.
http://sabiansymbols.com/birthday-table/

Pisces 29
Light breaking into many colors as it passes through a prism.
Pisces 30
A majestic rock formation resembling a face is idealized by a boy who takes it as his ideal of greatness, as he grows up, he begins to look like it.

If you use libra centre's drop down menu and select the Part of Astrology what you are getting is the other formula which is really more about Omens and Signs.
Asc. + Mercury - Uranus, is what I've found to be about ones involvement with Astrology.

If anyone reading this is going to use Libra Centres' Astrological Part Calculator please be aware that they are presenting the wrong formula.

They have Asc. + Mercury - Uranus erroneously titled as the Part of Eccentricity... or at the least misleadingly.

This is one of the few Parts that, for me to interpret, it came down to my own natal chart.

My Part of Astrology (Asc. + Mercury - Uranus) is @ 29* Leo 48' and by the Sabian Symbol as described by Dane Rudhyar in his book "An Astrological Mandala" for the 30th degree of Leo, that is given and defined as:

"LEO 30°: AN UNSEALED LETTER.

KEYNOTE:
The realization by the individual that all thoughts and all messages are inevitably to be shared with all men.

Coming as it does as the end of this tenth scene and linked with the last degree of the zodiacal sign, Leo, this symbol seems at first quite puzzling; when it has been thought of as an isolated symbol, its essential meaning has not been apparent. The fact that a letter is unsealed does not imply a trust that other people will not read its contents, but rather the idea that the contents are for all men to read. The letter contains a public message in the sense that when man has reached the stage of true mental repolarization and development — which we see in the very first symbol for Leo — he has actually become a participant in the One Mind of humanity. Nothing can really be hidden, except superficially and for a brief time. What any man thinks and deeply realizes becomes the property of all men. Nothing is more senseless than possessiveness in the realm of ideas. If God speaks to a man, Man hears the word. Nothing can remain permanently 'sealed'.

As this thirtieth sequence of five symbols ends, it is made clear to us, and particularly to the inherently proud Leo type, that all that takes form within the mind of a man belongs to all men. Communication and
SHARING must always prevail over the will to glorify oneself by claiming sole possession of ideas and information. "

That is why I know it to be the Part of Astrology. Because I share all I learn and discover.
I don't just show it to a few people and then hide it away, claiming proprietary rights like some of the Astrologers in this forum, and elsewhere, do...I give it all out to the world freely.

But, that is something I don't do with the Omens and Signs I have been given. Some of them yes, but all of them? NO.
Most of them are very personal and concern no one else other than myself...and I have been given many Omens and Signs over the years, the span of my life time, to date.
When my mother died in Jan. 2011, I was given a sign for forty days on end. If you have happened to read my book I mention a number of such incidences, so many that at one point I said to my good friend and fellow yogi, Suryakant, that I believed that God had sent me so many Signs, unmistakable ones too, in multiples sometimes pertaining to the same message that I truly believed that if I had happened to miss one, that God would write it on a piece of paper, wrap it around a brick and throw it through my bedroom window. I then told Suryakant that I was troubled by the Sabian Symbol for my natal Mercury as for being expected to become a writer and write a book (as I had always hated writing...I still do.) as that Sabian Symbol as given and defined by the late Dane Rudhyar is [ibid.]

"ARIES 28°: A LARGE AUDIENCE CONFRONTS THE PERFORMER WHO DISAPPOINTED ITS EXPECTATIONS.

KEYNOTE:
The necessity for mature preparation and self-criticism.

We see here the tangible results of the situation evoked by the two preceding symbols. Great hopes, excited expectations cannot be sustained. The last symbol reveals the performer's state of consciousness; in this one he is actually made fully aware of having promised - to the many elements of his own personality as well as perhaps to other human beings - more than he was able to deliver. The issue is how to handle this situation. In one form or another, it is an often recurring situation in the life of an individual person. The manner in which it is met determines the individual's future possibilities of development and achievement.

This is the third stage of this five-fold sequence. What is implied here is the need to be more than 'obsessed by potentiality' and subjectively involved in the use of the new powers. The objective results have to be considered, i.e. what this use will do. The individual is not alone concerned, for in a sense mankind as a whole will be affected. What is required, therefore, is an objective inclusiveness of the whole environment; thus a sense of
RESPONSIBILITY for what one's actions will produce in people who have been made to expect significant results."

Suryakant and I were sitting in my room at the Hotel, we were both living in at the time, and we were eating dinner. I had ordered take out from the Chinese restaurant, Hop Sings, that was a block away.

I said to Suryakant that I was so sure that God was sending me these signs and omens and just when I needed to see them so as to not mistake them as something other than what they are and sends them only when I'm prepared to be able to interpret them pertinent to the context or need, that I held up one of the fortune cookies and said that God would surely give me an answer as how to deal with such symbolism that represented my natal Mercury, my abilities at communication.

I opened that cookie up right in front of Him and this is the fortune that was inside.

I have gotten a number of signs from departed relatives. My father, my great Aunt Hazel and Uncle Cecil, my grandfather. I have gotten signs sent across many generations from the past. My Part of Service, which is really about ones "Spiritual Service", is in the 14th degree of Virgo [ibid.]

"VIRGO 14° AN ARISTOCRATIC FAMILY TREE.

KEYNOTE:
A deep reliance upon the ancestral roots of individual character.

Stressed here is the fact that the power available to any man in time of crisis and decision has very deep roots in the past, whether the past of physical ancestry or the past outlined by a series of previous embodiments conditioned by some dominant purpose and by the many-phased development of a particular type of complex character. True spontaneity and creativity are always based on a structured sequence of antecedents if they are at all genuinely spiritual, i.e. if they are able to meet a collective need. Only the actions that are necessary — even if only in the long run — for meeting such a need can actually be called 'spiritual'.

This fourth stage symbol, strange as it may seem to many people — especially young people of our day — suggests a technique which, at critical times, must be used. It characterizes the means for true 'success'. One returns to the roots in order to produce the flowering of personality, if this flower is to bring forth a living seed.
ROOT POWER is essential to seed-achievement."

You see, according to a couple of clairvoyants, a couple of authors, a well known Theosophist and by my own estimation as I fit the profile which isn't anything near to what anyone would call common characteristics, my mothers family is descended from either Joseph of Arimathea or James the Just or even both as the Scion of my moms family came here to North America, to Philadelphia, Quakers from Cheshire England in 1683, which is about 200 miles North of where Joseph and James are said to have come, settled and took local women as wives in or around 42 A.D.
The blood of the House of David runs in the veins of many an Englishman and woman after 2000 years and God only knows where all upon this earth presently after 2000 years.

My Part of Omens and Signs (Asc. + Mercury - Uranus) is @ 04* Aquarius 29', that is the 5th degree of Aquarius and is described and defined by Rudhyar as:

"AQUARIUS 5°: A COUNCIL OF ANCESTORS IS SEEN IMPLEMENTING THE EFFORTS OF A YOUNG LEADER.

KEYNOTE:
The Root foundation of past performances which power and sustain whatever decision is made in a crisis by an individual.

The whole past of mankind stands behind any individual effort, especially in times of critical decisions. The endeavor of the priests who built the California missions had behind it the whole past of Catholic proselytizing, i.e. the attempt to bring the 'Good News' to all people of the Earth. Every individual is far more dependent upon the strength of their ancestors' achievements — or oppressed by their failures and lack of vision — than they usually believe. This can mean a hidden foundation of individual strength, or the inertia of a tradition unable to transcend its limited origins.

This is the last symbol in the sixty-first five-fold sequence. It suggests that in many situations
RELIANCE UPON PRECEDENTS will enable the aspirant to greatness to tap the power of their deepest roots."

This is how it works on this level. The Stars, the Planets the Sabian Symbols quite literally take control.
If you should see the same degree of literal interpretation in your own. or a clients, natal chart, have no doubts that you, or that person, has been born to serve... sure, you have free will...
and, after all, they say that the Stars propel and don't compel... go ahead and find out for yourselves just how true that is.

go ahead and do your own thing... you'll likely come around...because you earned your way to this level, most likely, over many lifetimes and it feels so rewarding to serve... it can be a joyous thing.
Believe in it, Live it.

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

So I edited an old post, but, the Moon is doing fine, so why not make a new one instead. I shouldn't be shy, ziz is mah thread :D

Anyway,

Using the exact coordinates of the hospital the situation changes to Leo 1 at 120° 57' 29" I don't know which is worse, 1 or 2. But I seem to have a little bit of both as I get very excited when I learn something new regarding astrology.

theV

Hi Alrescha,

As + Uranus - Mercury

My part of astrology, As + Merc - Uranus, :)

The first formula you are talking about

Asc + Uranus - Mercury= 27'58 scorpio conjunct my pluto

PHASE 238 (SCORPIO 28°): THE KING OF THE FAIRIES APPROACHING HIS DOMAIN.
KEYNOTE:
The capacity in man to recognize and to pay homage to an integrating Principle at the core of all existence.

As + Merc - Uranus=14'16 aries conjunct eros It could means I am passionate about astrology

PHASE 15 (ARIES 15°): AN INDIAN WEAVING A CEREMONIAL BLANKET.
KEYNOTE: Projecting into everyday living the realization of wholeness and fulfillment.

haidee

Is it your Astrological path? Does it describe the reason why you're studying Astrology? Or something else?

It seems it would make sense that it describes your "reason" as to why you started studying (/getting into) Astrology, since mine suggest "ADOLESCENT FRUSTRATION" (Aries 13°). But I could be wrong, most likely.

Do a kind soul want to elaborate on this Part? :unsure:

piercethevale

Is it your Astrological path? Does it describe the reason why you're studying Astrology? Or something else?

It seems it would make sense that it describes your "reason" as to why you started studying (/getting into) Astrology, since mine suggest "ADOLESCENT FRUSTRATION" (Aries 13°). But I could be wrong, most likely.

Do a kind soul want to elaborate on this Part? :unsure:

(ibid.)
"ARIES 13°: AN UNEXPLODED BOMB REVEALS AN UNSUCCESSFUL SOCIAL PROTEST.
KEYNOTE:
An immature evaluation of the possibility of transforming suddenly the status quo.

The symbol pictures the result of a particular attempt to resolve the conflict between two concept-feelings of order. Resolution by violence fails because the ego-power at this stage of the process of individualization is far too strong. 'The State' thwarts attempts at popular revolution, because these are premature expressions of a consciousness which is not free, but can only react 'wildly' to constraint and to a central ruling power. It is thus a symbol of immature refusal to conform, in the name of an over-idealistic desire for harmony and peace.

This is the third stage of the third five-fold sequence. A negative attempt at reconciling the spiritual ideal and the very earthly reality, denying the validity of the latter. It suggests
ADOLESCENT FRUSTRATION."

Don't take the symbolism to mean anything immature on your part for wanting to study astrology.
It is difficult to make any assessment concerning you without my knowing more about you but I am naturally inclined to think that it is indicating that you seek to find answers to societal dysfunction and how to confront the fact that you've likely been coerced to fit into a dysfunctional society...and if you have got indications of being one whom serves humanity in a capacity for the greater good, then that would also be true to your calling as to a way of greatly helping others.

This particular symbolism may reflect the fact that this once very noble and highly respected "science" in a forgotten past, we call astrology, has been all but rendered inert by the ravages of improper techniques and forgotten knowledge... perhaps that will change with time through our endeavors to rectify the practices and you can find some indications for more effective use of it over time, continuously, through your progressed chart?

P.S. late edit...
I've reflected on this some more and it occurred to me that being young, and relatively ineffectual as to having any profoundly momentous impact upon society given what you have at your disposal, it may indicate that astrology was to be used as a, more or less, "excuse" as for being in what ever predicament or situation you found yourself given to you as "your lot in life". (...and by my use of the word "excuse", I don't mean for you to take it that I'm accusing you of "copping out". God only knows how ineffectual 99% of humanity has been rendered presently. We are all in the same boat...99% of us, anyways.)
You may find that with the passage of time and through gained knowledge and experience that you will find an inroad into the realm of being an effective force for change... and at some older age in your life you will look back and see how your studies in this practice were a needed outlet, a needed way of empowering belief in yourself and your ability to make a real significant impact on society and change it for the better?
Like I wrote at the beginning...I have no way of truly assessing who you are and as to whom you shall become... at least not without a thorough going over of your natal chart... I've given all the techniques and knowledge I know of as to how to determine that to the best f what abilities anyone has at this time. Study them, study your chart, and make your own assessment.
If you should need any clarification or any insight I might be able to provide I'll try to be of assistance... my only nemesis at this time is time itself and the pressure of other obligations that have diverted so much of my attention from astrological studies presently.
"Know Thyself" were the words over the temple door at Delphi... so I am told... I couldn't give any greater advice.

Last edited:

haidee

Thank you Pierce,

I wasn't expecting an interpretation of the degree as I realise that it may be difficult when you haven't seen my natal chart, but rather the definition of the Lot. As well as the time that could've used to doing something more important (I imagine you and other Astrologers on this forum already get a ton of mails in your inbox). However, I'm glad you took the time to write the possibilities to what it might mean anyway - it lead me back to what my real ambition and goals are.

I was starting to worry if I was studying Astrology for selfish reasons, which is why I wanted to know more about this Lot - to see if this Lot could explain where I'm heading with this subject, if it explained my reason as to why I stayed instead of leaving it behind and move on to something else, or...

But yes. Very interesting that you mention the Lot of Life. I looked it up and mine's at Sagittarius 7°34'

PHASE 248 (SAGITTARIUS 8°): WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH NEW ELEMENTS ARE BEING FORMED.
KEYNOTE:
The alchemical fire which both purifies and transforms the very substance of man's inner life.

Forces are at work in the deepest layers of the psyche which in their own way respond to the outer stimulation produced by a strong involvement in group ambitions and emotions, and even more by the powerful tensions and releases of love. An alchemical process goes on, usually unnoticed by the conscious ego, until it becomes obvious that a kind of mutation has taken place and a new level of awareness and of responses to life has been reached.

At this third stage of the five-fold sequence we deal with both the basic rhythm of growth of the human being and the reaction to more individualized experiences which aroused the emotions. The very substance of the person's nature undergoes modifications, on the basis of which a new step may be taken. The symbol draws our attention to the inner changes. We have to become aware of them. What is implied is a kind of
PSYCHIC GESTATION.

Astrology was in fact an "excuse" or more like a tool to work on myself. I was already into subjects like sociology and psychology before I came across astrology, to understand why people think and act the way they do... Gaining knowledge from books is one thing, I understand. In the future I intend to gain wisdom from people, relate and listen to their stories, so that I can use all the knowledge to help those who need it.
When I was about 14 years old I did volunteer work with a friend at a nursing home. It was a very short experience, but the elderly's stories were very inspiring. :)

I hope you don't mind, I thought it was related to what you had written. And my worry about using Astrology for selfish reasons made me think, that even if it is used for selfish reaons now, eventually it's gained me insight and will be used to help others. That's my plan at least.

Also, had to add. Society's always been dysfunctional in my mind since I was veryyy young. Which is how I relate to my Aquarius Moon so much. Nothing drives my ambition as much as seeing people getting frustrated and hurt by the demands of external pressure. Astrology is yet another reason why things should change... It would be great to actually see Astrology become a valid study in more countries, to be accepted as a branch of science.
So again, thank you! This has helped clearing some of my thoughts.

Edit: It's fine, I will look through your posts anyway since I have the time. :) The ones I've read so far are very informative, imo.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Thank you Pierce,

I wasn't expecting an interpretation of the degree as I realise that it may be difficult when you haven't seen my natal chart, but rather the definition of the Lot. As well as the time that could've used to doing something more important (I imagine you and other Astrologers on this forum already get a ton of mails in your inbox). However, I'm glad you took the time to write the possibilities to what it might mean anyway - it lead me back to what my real ambition and goals are.

I was starting to worry if I was studying Astrology for selfish reasons, which is why I wanted to know more about this Lot - to see if this Lot could explain where I'm heading with this subject, if it explained my reason as to why I stayed instead of leaving it behind and move on to something else, or...

But yes. Very interesting that you mention the Lot of Life. I looked it up and mine's at Sagittarius 7°34'

PHASE 248 (SAGITTARIUS 8°): WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH NEW ELEMENTS ARE BEING FORMED.
KEYNOTE:
The alchemical fire which both purifies and transforms the very substance of man's inner life.

Forces are at work in the deepest layers of the psyche which in their own way respond to the outer stimulation produced by a strong involvement in group ambitions and emotions, and even more by the powerful tensions and releases of love. An alchemical process goes on, usually unnoticed by the conscious ego, until it becomes obvious that a kind of mutation has taken place and a new level of awareness and of responses to life has been reached.

At this third stage of the five-fold sequence we deal with both the basic rhythm of growth of the human being and the reaction to more individualized experiences which aroused the emotions. The very substance of the person's nature undergoes modifications, on the basis of which a new step may be taken. The symbol draws our attention to the inner changes. We have to become aware of them. What is implied is a kind of
PSYCHIC GESTATION.

Astrology was in fact an "excuse" or more like a tool to work on myself. I was already into subjects like sociology and psychology before I came across astrology, to understand why people think and act the way they do... Gaining knowledge from books is one thing, I understand. In the future I intend to gain wisdom from people, relate and listen to their stories, so that I can use all the knowledge to help those who need it.
When I was about 14 years old I did volunteer work with a friend at a nursing home. It was a very short experience, but the elderly's stories were very inspiring. :)

I hope you don't mind my rant. I thought it was related to what you had written. And my worry about using Astrology for selfish reasons made me think, that even if it is used for selfish reasons now, eventually it's gained me insight and will be used to help others. That's my plan at least.

Also, had to add. Society's always been dysfunctional in my mind since I was veryyy young. Which is how I relate to my Aquarius Moon so much. Nothing drives my ambition as much as seeing people getting frustrated and hurt by the demands of external pressure. Astrology is yet another reason why things should change... It would be great to actually see Astrology become a valid study in more countries, to be accepted as a branch of science.
So again, thank you! This has helped clearing some of my thoughts.

Edit: It's fine, I will look through your posts anyway since I have the time. :) The ones I've read so far are very informative, imo.

As to a definition of the Lot, well, that is a bit difficult because we are in the early stages of correctly identifying so many of them... nomenclature oft was mis-translated or inadequately done so.. and likely erroneously too...as we have found at least a couple so far...an example of one is the Part of False Love...see my thread on that for more information about that.
Sometimes it is the Sabian Symbolism that defines the Lot as how it specifically relates to the subject in question. The Lot of Hyleg is the supreme example of that ...read my thread on that Lot and you will understand what the author himself didn't have a clue as to what it meant when Robt. Zoller wrote in his book that the ancient had little to say about the Lot other than it is the root of all the other Lots...in that that Lot is specifically defined by the degree symbolism and without which it is worthless and of absolutely no value.

In my case it the Lot of Astrology symbolizes my attitude towards the "science" in regards to society... I have made many discoveries...re-discoveries actually...as it was all known in a time of great antiquity in an age of Satya Yuga by Vedic nomenclature and explanation... the symbolism of (ibid.) "AN UNSEALED LETTER" is demonstrating that I have no proprietary designs on those discoveries...unlike a great many of the self identified astrologers that are members of this forum... Knowledge of such Divine design is meant to be shared... in fact it demands, or decrees, it to be so... to keep such knowledge from others is surely a reprehensible sin as it stagnates and possibly even retards the spiritual growth, or evolution, of fellow human beings.

In your particular case this seems to be explaining to you why you sought to learn of the "science" ...but then again I suppose one could say the same thing about how this Lot and my symbolism are indicative of... specifically to share a great knowledge for the purpose of helping others as not so much my self...if even ever any thought was primarily for self help or aggrandizement.

I think it will help to remember that Dane Rudhyar identified three basic types of Sabian Symbols that repeat every five degrees.
The first five degrees (1* - 5* nd then repeating at 16* - 20* of each and every Sign) are what He identified as ACTIONAL, the second set of five degrees (i.e. 6* - 10* and again from 21* - 25* of each and every Sign) were identified as EMOTIONAL/CULTURAL and the third set of five degrees (i.e.. 11* - 15* and again from 26* - 30*) were identified as MENTAL/INDIVIDUAL.
Thus, with that in mind, perhaps the additional information pertaining to these Sabian Symbols will help provide all with additional means of understanding the application of the symbolism to the Lots in that for some ACTIONAL symbolism must be consciously-actively applied ...where-as a degree symbolism of the EMOTIONAL/CULTURAL variety need only be occasionally kept in conscious regard if even that?

An example of what I just wrote concerning these EMOTIONAL/CULTURAL Sabian Symbols and why I wrote that they may not even have to be acknowledged and made aware to someone to be of effect can be best demonstrated by my own Part of Fortune and my Part of Imprisonment which are both of this variety.

My Part of Fortune is the 25* of Leo, (ibid.) "A LARGE CAMEL IS SEEN CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.
KEYNOTE:
Self-sufficiency in the face of a long and exhausting adventure.

The camel here represents a living organism that is able to sustain itself independently of its environment at the start of a trying journey. (The original formulation of the symbol did not refer to 'a man on camel back.') The organism carries within itself what is absolutely needed for survival. At the deeper human level of consciousness it is easy to see the value of self-reliance and self-sufficiency as one enters the occult Path leading to a more dynamic and more inclusive realm of existence.

The camel carries water within its body, and it is said that the dromedary is able to utilize the matter stored in its large protuberance as food. The suggestion here is that in order to be released from bondage to the 'old world' we should be completely self-contained emotionally; having absorbed the mental food which this old culture has given us, we are ready to face 'the desert', nothingness, Sunya . . . until we reach the 'new world'. We need
TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from our surroundings and utter SELF-RELIANCE."

My Part of Imprisonment (that which one is not allowed to embrace of incorporate into their being... is the 21st degree of Virgo (ibid.) "A GIRL'S BASKETBALL TEAM.
KEYNOTE:
Physical training as a means to inculcate the feeling of participation in a collective culture." ...and, in this particular symbol I feel Dane Rudhyar just missed from being entirely accurate in his "KEYNOTE" summation in that I find no particular call for it to involve "physical training". His Keyword(s) conceptualization being "GROUP INTEGRATION" is all I need to demonstrate how this indication goes hand in hand with my Part of Fortune ...

All my life I found myself somehow relegated to having to find my own path, my own source of knowledge, teach myself anything not taught in public school...find my own unique spiritual path, had to teach my self how to play a banjo...as no one gave lessons on that back in the 60's - early 70's... had to learn astrology on my own...by trial and error...
I was not picked to play for any team sport in high school but was accepted on to the tennis team where I played singles...the same for college...
Without any conscious knowledge of those Sabians or even an understanding of my natal astrology...as I didn't even get into the science until I was 31 years of age and didn't discover that the Astrological Parts/Lots are symbolically active until late in 2004 some twenty plus years after I took up the study of astrology ...YET...they had their way with me and controlled my destiny without my conscious awareness of that.
I did wonder at times why I was seemingly fated all along to be always the "Loner" ...even romantic connections were constantly thwarted despite my best efforts in trying to establish any and the few I did were always quickly spoiled by something that I had absolutely no control over.

The same can be said for my Part of Catastrophe...which I believe is an inevitable and necessary thing that must happen... but, as we are now aware of the fact that these Lots are symbolically active we have the advantage of being forewarned and prepared and I believe we now have the advantage of being able to mitigate the damage done so as not to suffer any more than was Divinely decreed as necessary.

It was the result of my "Catastrophe" that drove me to travel over 600 miles and throw myself at my brothers doorstep and charity for a place to live and regroup, to "clean up my act" so to speak...and just when He had been off work the previous 14 months and had spent all that time delving into astrology and learning about the Sabian Symbols and figuring out what "Traditional" know;ledge was valid and what wasn't and the same for the technique and was just ripe to spread that knowledge to anyone that might be interested and find a use for it...and I was his first customer...i got a nine month intensive...(My brother has an I.Q. of somewhere around 160 and currently holds diplomas for somewhere around seven or eight degrees and that was at last count in 2011...he may have four of five more by now. He only returned to college in 2001 after completing only one semester in the Fall of 1973... thus when He studies something for 14 months at the intensity that he is fully capable of...and He put 100% into it back in 1982-3....it's the equivalent of anyone of average intelligence achieving a Masters degree in the subject. He is the most voracious reader I have ever known...He read everything Carl Jung ever wrote in less than a months time and had no trouble at all assimilating it. I got the most thorough and complete introduction to 'tried, true and tested astrology anyone could ever hope for and then left his home and moved back to where I had traveled from and spent the next 20 years conducting further inquiry and studies all on my own...

As it was 20 years and 4 months later, in November of 2004, that upon learning of the availability of the astrodienst computer ephemeris, I utilized it, using the date given by the renowned 20th century American clairvoyant Edgar Cayce for the birth of the Prince of Peace and a theory of mine based on experience of having been intimately associated with a woman with a Pluto conjunct Ascendant natal aspect, and produced what I have been claiming to be the actual natal chart of Jesus/Yeshu'a of Nazareth and have found it to be the "Rosetta Stone" of Astrological understanding...

It is from that chart I have learned that the Lots are symbolically active...and I have yet to have a single disappointment from proceeding in using them in that manner...that is to say as long as the Lot is accurately labeled as being truly about the subject matter of its given title... and the use of the symbols when dealing with Lots that aren't properly labeled has enabled us to determine more accurately as to what they should be titled or at least pointed us in the general direction until further inquiry can be made...which is why I plead and beg for input from other members of this forum so as to help enable that process and speed up that process for the benefit of all.

But then again...only 1 person out of every 360 will have the 30th degree of Leo for their Part of Astrology...that symbolized by (ibid.) "AN UNSEALED LETTER.
KEYNOTE:
The realization by the individual that all thoughts and all messages are inevitably to be shared with all men."

...but I never needed to be told that or convinced of it... its inherent to my very nature to want to be of service to those that are in need of helpful knowledge...

A good friend once described me back around 1994 as "A Cornucopia of useless information"...it's just that He had no need for any of it... but I eventually found those who found it not only usefull but let it be known to me that it was sorely needed.

May that serve to be a useful parable of an anecdote for you... never stop being yourself or stop believing in your self as everyone has a needed part of the big puzzle, so I believe.
Guard that piece of the puzzle...keep it from being corrupted or wrongfully influenced by others..... you'll find that someday in the future..and likely at a moment so unsuspected by those so unassuming... to be so desperately needed and most gracious and appreciatively received.

Thanks for your detailed reply. It makes me happy to hear that I was actually very close to the mark in figuring out what the symbolism meant to you as applied to the Lot of Astrology without personally knowing that much about you ... it gives me positive indications that I'm improving in the understanding and use of this technique. I may have even done better than I'm willing to admit to myself... but, without further study and the test of time I can only wonder about that.

May the Stars always guide you well,
ptv

piercethevale

Hello haidee.
I wrote the following the day before yesterday and then didn't post it because it was way too "long winded" (TMI to the max) ... I shouldn't write when I've had a bit too much to drink... I really shouldn't... but it's also when it's the easiest for me as for the reason I HATE WRITING ... I really do, I suck at it... I hated only two subjects in school... Biology for one , and English Grammar was the other...
(I do wonder just what in the world the Creator was thinking when I was cast to fill this role. I must have been the alternate whom was only to be used in dire circumstances...or something like that.)

I thought about editing the following and then posting it... but I HATE EDITING TOO... so ...what to do?

Just post it anyways... I guess... I figure that people will be able to muddle through it, and get something useful out of it, if they are truly and genuinely interested in the subject...

So without further ado... or adon't... (wtf?)

Here ya all go...

The following is how Dane Rudhyar categorized the 360 Sabian Symbols into different groups of associative precepts which can then be used to further the understanding of specific application to whatever astrological use they might be found to be needed for. Whether it be the Planet found at any said degree or Astrological Part/Lot, House Cusp etc.

Taken from his aforementioned book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala". (ibid.)

"From Aries 01° to Virgo 30°
First Hemi-cycle: "THE PROCESS OF INDIVIDUALIZATION"

ACT 1: From Aries 01° to Gemini 30° - DIFFERENTIATION

From Aries 01° to Aries 15°
SCENE ONE: DESIRE

Aries 01° to Aries 05°
FIRST LEVEL: ACTIONAL

Aries 06° to Aries 10°
SECOND LEVEL: EMOTIONAL/CULTURAL

Aries 11° to Aries 15°
THIRD LEVEL: INDIVIDUAL/MENTAL

{and from here on those three levels of five degrees apiece repeat every fifteen degrees}

From Aries 16° to Aries 30°
SCENE TWO: POTENCY

From Taurus 01° to Taurus 15°
SCENE THREE: SUBSTANTIATION

From Taurus 16° to Taurus 30°
SCENE FOUR: CONFIRMATION

From Gemini 01° to Gemini 30°
SCENE FIVE: DISCOVERY

From Gemini 15° to Gemini 30°
SCENE SIX: EXTERIORIZATION

ACT II: Cancer 01* to Virgo 30* - STABILIZATION

From Cancer 1° to Cancer 15°
SCENE SEVEN: DECISION

From Cancer 16° to Cancer 30°
SCENE EIGHT: CONSOLIDATION

From Leo 1° to Leo 15°
SCENE NINE: COMBUSTION

From Leo 16° to Leo 30°
SCENE TEN: RELEASE

From Virgo 1° to Virgo 15°
SCENE ELEVEN: CHARACTERIZATION

From Virgo 16° to Virgo 30°
SCENE TWELVE: EDUCATION

From Libra 01* to Pisces 30*
Second Hemi-cycle: "THE PROCESS OF COLLECTIVIZATION"

ACT III: Libra 01* to Sagittarius 30* - GROUP-INTEGRATION

From Libra 1° to Libra 15°
SCENE THIRTEEN: TRANSFIGURATION

From Libra 16° to Libra 30°
SCENE FOURTEEN: RECONSTRUCTION

From Scorpio 01° to Scorpio 30°
SCENE FIFTEEN: COMMUNION

Scorpio 16° to Scorpio 30°
SCENE SIXTEEN: FAITH

From Sagittarius 1° to Sagittarius 15°
SCENE SEVENTEEN: ABSTRACTION

From Sagittarius 16° to Sagittarius 30°
SCENE EIGHTEEN: TRANSFERENCE

ACT IV: From Capricorn 01° to Pisces 30° - CAPITALIZATION

From Capricorn 01° to Capricorn I5°
SCENE NINETEEN: CRYSTALLIZATION

From Capricorn 16° to Capricorn 30°
SCENE TWENTY: GROUP-PERFORMANCE

From Aquarius 01° to Aquarius 15°
SCENE TWENTY-ONE: CONTRIBUTION

From Aquarius 16° to Aquarius 30°
SCENE TWENTY-TWO: MANAGEMENT

From Pisces 1° to Pisces 15°
SCENE TWENTY-THREE: FEDERATION

From Pisces 16° to Pisces 30°
SCENE TWENTY-FOUR: PERPETUATION

Thus, as you you can see, my Part of Imprisonment is in the 21* of Virgo and being which is in the SCENE labeled as "EDUCATION" by Dane Rudhyar, as should be able to understand as to what I inferred to as my having to obtain knowledge on my own... it was the way to finding out for my self as to what is genuine and what is worthless. If I had taken certified courses in Traditional astrology I would be full of useless knowledge...not all of it but so much that I might spend the rest of my life trying to sort it all out.
So one could probably say that in my particular case the Part of Imprisonment I was given was to ensure a certain type of Education.
I took to the study of each particular portion of astrology, the Signs, the Planets, the Houses, the Chart Axis, the Parts/Lots, etc. each one by one... tested the traditional techniques... tested others theories... tested my own conclusions and theories...what proved it self I have kept, what failed repeatedly I have tossed out and anything that has fallen in between is pending further evaluation.

My Part of Fortune being in the 25* of Leo and in the SCENE identified as "RELEASE" is also part of the ACT II process of "STABILIZATION", as is the aforementioned Part of Imprisonment, and these Sabian Symbols are the next step in the process of transformation after becoming knowledgeable of ones own individual identity, which is shown by the fact that the first 90 degrees from Aries 01* to Gemini 30* are labeled "DIFFERENTIATION" ...as I stressed the importance of previously... recall if you will that I stressed the importance of 'Knowing Oneself", where you stand in the world as the individual you discovered yourself to uniquely be... these degree symbols from Cancer 01* to Virgo 30*, those 90 degrees comprising what Rudhyar designated as ACT II: STABILIZATION, are what naturally follows in the process of transformation after obtaining that "knowledge of oneself", which is symbolically represented by the first 90 degrees from Aries 01* to Gemini 30* which Rudhyar labeled as "DIFFERENTIATION" ... as for some people the means to identifying their own individual uniqueness is through a process of discerning what it is that is different about them as to other people.

It is after that achievement of realization of ones own uniquely defined individual being that one proceeds in endeavor to become stabilized as a person.... and which nowadays seems to be a part of such a widespread dilemma, a desperately lacking attribute among all members of society, as for the preponderance of schizophrenia and the great number of people having, self described, "Identity Crises". Societies are being controlled and driven along the path of materialism and greed is a path that is not of a natural spiritually oriented order... and many people just can't identify themselves as to being a member of such society even if they have not yet admitted it to themselves ... because coming to such a realization and full acceptance what results is that one finds that the only option that is given any semblance of being acceptable in their society is to take the vows of a Renunciate and join a religious order and still many will condemn those that do as being of insufficient mettle to survive living on their own. Those that can't bring themselves to take such vows or have no option to do so are left with the fate of being considered to be antisocial, misfits, outcasts, anarchists even.. in some societies they are considered to be something even much, much, worse...heretics... and a few societies even threaten such people with the punishment of death. So may it be known why I have no quarrel with, find no blame and see no guilt or shame in those that have been given any of the above labels.
Surely there is an undeniable truth to the lyrics of a particular song by the Smashing Pumpkins... "The World is a Vampire"... as I agree, it certainly does seem to be as like one presently.
May God have merciful pity on those of you that suffer so.

Getting back to my own situation as an example, I believe that I given enough evidence, at this point, to establish that I surely was destined to have to find my own path... I had, in fact, to even determine my own destination... and it was Divinely decreed that it had to be a self sufficient and spartan process too.

(My Desc. the "WHERE-TO" of my chart axis is in the 18* Taurus, {ibid.} "A WOMAN AIRING AN OLD BAG THROUGH THE OPEN WINDOW OF HER ROOM.
KEYNOTE: The cleansing of the ego-consciousness...Keyword: PURIFICATION"
...but it can also be taken to mean that one is meant to travel light... {as it is a "journey", in a sense, from the Ascendant, i.e. the "WHO" to the Descendant, i.e. the "WHERE-TO"} ...this symbolism for my Desc. indicates that I was to arrive with nothing more than the journey required along the way and once one arrives at their ultimate destination there is no need for anything to be left in ones travel bag, is there?...just more substantiation of the need for that 'sunyasi" like beingness of existence as is symbolically indicated the 25* of Leo... it also gives indication that my mind had to be free of preconceptions and bias in order for me to arrive at the present as who I presently am for the purpose I was born to serve. {Less possessions = Less mental preoccupation} More evidence as to why it had to be such a solitary and lonely process... no one to blame for that which I became other than myself for the choices I made...or if any praise be my due then that praise is really due for those that are deservedly to be praised... those who left me their legacies to study, or were there in person along the journey, and from whom I found something useful for a foundation or that which did teach, correct, encourage, inspire, propel, sustain and, or, also nourish me along the way... but it was my decision as to whom might be that from which to derive such gifts. ...and even those decisions had to be made from the mind of one unbiased as possibly could be present in such places and at such times. At times it seemed as if I was being given no alternative as to what my immediate fate was to be for a spell and at other times it seemed as if it was my decision to take such a lot in life..but in retrospect I can see that it was all part of a Divine plan ...and as I have always been true to my spiritual upbringing as to believe in the Quaker ways of having faith in the "inner voice" being that of God 's guidance and was confident in being assured of that trust in following it by my daily use of the affirmation, "None but the Will of God through the presence of Christ within me" {not always those exact words but always of the same intent. Those of the Sanatan Dharm can surely be just as confident and assured in devotional application of the mantras to Krishna, to the Sadguru, as I too also at time mixed ritual practices as I found them all to be effective and I used a number of mantras over the many years since I first started practicing yoga in 1968. I found that mantra, which is in effect the same as prayer, is more immediately effective when using the language of Sanskrit...the root mother tongue of almost every Indo-European language presently spoken...only the Tallic languages [Finn and Estonian, for example] and that of the Basque are different origin. I know that those of you that are adherents to the Sanatan Dharm need not to be told any of this,, I write of it for the benefit of my Occidental brethren whom many of seem to believe that there is only one path in true service to God. Please be tolerant and respectful to others and their own unique paths, no matter how strange or foreign they may seem... the same respect is due all true spiritual practices and beliefs,. The Jew, the Buddhist, the Zoroastrian, the Manichean, the many various ways of the Native Americans here in my own country of which I have some ancestry too and any other faiths I should mention... all of them.} I now know, without any doubt, that these Astrological Parts/Lots and all other Divine precepts revealed and substantiated through astrological symbolism that was given me at birth by God's design and will thus purposefully and naturally manifested and were that force that led me and propelled me in the proper direction and in best way. Thus when one is true to their self and to their service to the Creator {or God, the Cosmos, he Universe...whatever you wish to call that presence or power} one can trust the compulsion of their natal astrology and need not intercede with their own free will... that is as long as they are assured of the fact they are using true and effective astrological knowledge and techniques of interpretation.
)

Remember that all the motions of the Stars are by Divine design and thus every given indication in your natal chart is by Divine decree...
and hence why I chose the signature byline that I presently use...
"You are a Divine creation of the Universe"

There is no one more Divinely created, Divinely inspired and Divinely needed on this earth presently, or was ever on this earth in the past, or will be in the future, than this incarnation that is YOU.

enigmaticstatic

I was looking forward to opening this thread, like a kid in a candy store refreshing the planet watcher page since yesterday waiting for the TrMoon conjunction with my natal Moon to end (I decided to isolate myself until it does so that I don't have to face any stress and yet I didn't) So I can't wait for the answers.

There is a certain "Part of Astrology" that I can't find any info on. I can't go join a library now that I am I having my ID renewed, so I would like any answers very much.

What is it about?

The formula is:

ASC + Uranus - Mercury

Mine is at 23 Libra 10, and my natal Venus is at 23 Libra 07, next to Spica.

It is intriguing.
It is intriguing. If I recall correctly My Bernadette Brady book says spica is a gift straight from the goddess, or "to be gifted".

piercethevale

I gave it some more thought and what I presently have arrived at is that i believe the Part derived from Asc. + Mercury - Uranus = the Part I have contended is about astrology is actually also a Part of Omens and Signs but it is about recognizing and interpreting those signs given to us all.
Whereas the opposite formula, Asc. + Uranus - Mercury is about signs given to us personally.

It's just that the most commonly recognized and utilized practice of recognizing universal signs given to all humankind are those of astrology and hence why it is so easy to titled said part as such.

I would include the I Ching in with that lot of those I contend are of a personal nature another would be using the Sabians as like an oracle...I do that with a deck of ordinary playing cards. But there have also been signs given me directly without my asking for them...those kind you have to be ever prepared to recognize, interpret and utilize when the time is nigh.:wink: