Satrun and the Part of Catastrophe and Pt. of Intell. & Skill, USA natal 1965-6

piercethevale

Howdy, this came to me about an hour ago while sitting and taking a break from the movie I bought today. A movie about politicians and truth and lies.
The USA's natal chart that I adhere to (The "Zero Hour", 12:00:01 am, July 4, 1776 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) produces two Astrological Parts in the 18th degree of Pisces, those two are, the Part of Catastrophe (a trans-Saturnian Part, derived from the formula; Asc. + Uranus - Sun) and the Part of Intelligence & Skill ( an old "Arabic" Part derived from the formula; Asc. + Mars - Mercury). The Part of Catastrophe is an inevitable situation that will arise sometime during your life span but it is a necessary catastrophe from which greatness will emerge, very possibly, but the trick is in not letting it overwhelm you.....forewarned is forearmed, having knowledge of what that catastrophe will involve is the opportunity to be able to mitigate the damage....and it's at 17* Pisces 44' 11" and the Part of Intelligence & Skill, which is about what you have the greatest skill at in applying your intelligence to... or to put another way, what is that which is the greatest gift of your intellect can be best applied, to or, towards as a skill, or skillfully... and that Part is at 17* Pisces 52' 11"

Saturn got to within a one degree orb of conjunction to the USA's natal Part of Catastrophe at 7:02:56 pm, EDST, on June 3, 1965 which is pinpointed at 17* Pisces 44' 11", and on June 7th at about 10:20 am EDST the Part of Intelligence & Skill at 17* Pisces 52' 11". It got to almost a half of a degree away from a perfect conjunction when it went retrograde on the 27th and continued on, in retrograde, until November 13th, going back outside the limit of a one degree orb of conjunction on July 27th. It would enter the orb of conjunction one last time in February of 1966, conjunct the Part of Catastrophe and the Part of Intelligence & Skill on the 21st and 22nd leaving that orb on March 1st to not return for another 28 years.

The Sabian Symbol for the 18th degree of Pisces does quite literally symbolize what gives both the cause for the "catastrophes" the nation faces and also it's inherent "skill" at applying its' "intelligence"

That symbol, as depicted and interpreted by the late, 20th century astrologer and master symbologist, nonpareil, Dane Rudhyar (from his book "An Astrological Mandala") is given as: "PISCES 18°: IN A GIGANTIC TENT, VILLAGERS WITNESS A SPECTACULAR PERFORMANCE."
KEYNOTE:
The collective appeal of a well-staged and exciting display of skill and/or oratory.
"

Dane wrote further in explanation, but first writing of the different interpretations as to whether it be a circus tent, the tent for an old time revivalists meeting or those that as were sometimes used on occasions for political speeches {ibid.} "In a sense, the basic meaning is the same whether it is the traditional performance of skilled clowns, acrobats or animal trainers, or that of a religious fundamentalist dramatizing an old religious imagery, what takes place is the use of personal achievement and conviction to bring a crowd to a state of enthusiasm sufficient to make it forget its boredom with everyday routine or its familiar sins of commission or omission."

Dane boiled it down to how to understand how it applies to society as: {ibid.} "...the individual person and the collectivity are brought together in a significant performance which subtly strengthens the communal spirit directly or indirectly. The implication of the symbol, whenever it is found operating, is that the time has come for the individual to dare to present himself and his works to his community for applause, or for the purpose of attracting a following."

Which Dane concluded with his well known "Keyword" {although, sometimes it was a few 'keywords',} in summarization: {ibid.} "What is suggested is PUBLIC SELF-DRAMATIZATION."
The great orators that have been a part of the political, societal and spiritual scene in the United States, since her inception, have numbered many. And for every one of them that spoke truth, or gave good advice, there have been just as many that did otherwise.
It is both the United States inherent gift of intellect and skill and yet also her greatest weakness in that just as many of those 'that did otherwise' attracted voters or followers and sometimes the greater portion of them.
The dates, I gave, were a time of great displays of oratory skill in America. Saturn is known to be a stern disciplinarian and was known to the ancient Greeks as Chronos (and still is known as such to many people, esp. astrologers, around the world.). Chronos is the "Time Keeper" and the "Time Keeper"'s of yore were also the ''Pay Masters"... and the "Time Keeper" will dock your pay if, you don't do the job right or, as you promised you would.

There's a lot more I intend to write on this, but it has gotten late and I wasn't well this past day.
I'll pick it up tomorrow from where I left off here.
It is going t get real interesting as to what all else I found in activity from late 1962 up to, and including, the "Summer of Love, in 1967... "and that's fair dinkum. mates"...as an old Australian buddy of mine, now deceased, used to say.:wink:

Here's the chart for the exact moment that Saturn entered the one degree orb of conjunction to the USA's natal Part of Catastrophe.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Re: Satrun and the Part of Catastrophe and Pt. of Intell. & Skill, USA natal 1965-6

If you will please refer to the chart above and note that the Sun is conj. the N. Node in the 14th degree of Gemini and that the Nodes were in direct motion at that time.
Also of significant note is that Pluto was at 13* Virgo 42' 16" and that it was nearing a one degree orb of conjunction to the USA's Part of War which is at 14* Virgo 48' 51" and that Uranus was at 10* Virgo 48' 50" which was conjunct the USA's natal Part of Sons at 10* Virgo 26" 14".

Pluto had gotten to within a one degree orb of conjunct to the USA's natal Part of War, for the first time in the history of the nation, on November 7, 1963 at 11:21:09 am ET. This followed shortly after South Vietnams' President Diem was assassinated on November 2, 1963. Diem, a Roman Catholic, whom had along with his elder brother Ngô Đình Thục, whom was the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Huế, had been persecuting Buddhists and destroying their pagodas during his entire regime along with the ARVN Special Forces of Colonel Lê Quang Tung, loyal to Diệm's younger brother Ngô Đình Nhu, whom raided pagodas across Vietnam, causing widespread damage and destruction and leaving a death toll estimated to range into the hundreds on August 21, 1963...and for which the USA remained silent and continued to provide logistic support for the military.
Diem was more interested in using his military to protect himself from a coup, however, and the North Vietnamese were gaining strength and momentum. By mid 1963 the United States Department of State was generally in favor of encouraging a coup, while the Defense Department favored Diệm.

The chart for Pluto's first contact with the USA's Part of War shows Uranus at 09* 23' 16", just a little less than 3' of a degree to be at a one degree orb of conjunction to the USA's Part of Sons. The Moon was within a one degree orb of conj. to the USA's natal N. Node and separating. Venus was only 2' 10" of a degree short of making a perfect conj. to both the USA's natal Part of Luck (which is not a proven, correctly identified and, titled Part in my estimation) and the Part of Bondage which both share the exact co-ordinates of 02* Sag. 32' 52" (Part of Bondage is derived from Asc. + Moon - Ruler of Moon and be it known that while the USA's natal Moon is in Aquarius, I assign the Planet Jupiter as the Ruler of Aquarius and Capricorn. the Part of Luck is Asc. + Moon - Jupiter)

Mars was still within a one deg. orb of conj to the USA's natal Part of Noble and Illustrious Acquaintances, (those that you deem as such, by my estimation) which is at 08* Sag. 27' 19" ,

Jupiter was conjunct, in the same Sign and degree, as the Part of Fulfillment of Obligations (title by my estimation, although it's popular title is that as the Part of Disappointment) of the USA at 10* Aries 09' 04" and very close, well within a one deg. orb of conj., to the Part of Love & Appreciation at 11* Aries 04' 48".

Saturn was conjunct the USA's natal Moon which is at 16* Aquar. 49' 37".

Neptune, along with the Sun following very close behind, were both nearing a conj. with the USA's Part of Libido aka Part of Energy (a trans-Saturnian Part found by the formula Asc. + Pluto - Venus)

The North Node, which was direct, at 13* Cancer 06' 32" was conj. by a one degree orb to the natal Sun of the USA which is at 12* Cancer 38' 28" and also nearing a conj. with the I.C. of the USA's natal chart which is located at 11* Cancer 44' 18".

Those of you that follow the major asteroids please note that Ceres was within a one deg. orb of conj. to the Part of Positive & Helpful Changes (not a proven Part as to its effect identified by title. It is also a trans-Saturnian Part found by the formula Asc. + Pluto - Jupiter) which is at 13* Scorpio 17' 11" and that Pallas was within a one deg. orb of conj. to the Part of Transformation of Ones' Own Mind, which is by my estimation as to a tentative title for this trans-Saturnian Part derived from the formula Asc. + Mercury - Pluto . It's only other given title is that of the Part of Popularity... well I don't think that could possibly be anything near as to what its effect is all about.

The chart:

Last edited:

piercethevale

Re: Satrun and the Part of Catastrophe and Pt. of Intell. & Skill, USA natal 1965-6

I apologize for the two posts in this thread that I made last night that obviously weren't ready for public exposure. I took a chance that it was written well enough so that I needn't worry about any major editing as it was so late and I was a bit exhausted and hadn't the drive to do any proof reading let alone editing.:sleeping::annoyed:
I revamped the first post, and completely rewrote the second. what information I had in the second post that does not appear above will be presented in later posts...thank you for your patience and interest.
Apologetically yours, ptv:smile:

piercethevale

I meant to make a note of the fact that the U.S.A.F. began strategic bombing in support of the South Vietnamese in early 1963 and that the first ground forces, 3500 Marines, were sent in on March 8th, 1963 but by December of that year that had swelled to 200,000 American ground troops.

It's quite undeniable that Pluto conj. the Part of War, and Uranus conj. the Part of Sons, of the USA were most duly effective.

piercethevale

geeeze, I only just now noticed that I spelled Saturn incorrectly in the title to this thread....groan... that's so bad... pathetic, really.

piercethevale

I apologize for taking so long in returning to this thread of mine...I'm just so swamped with projects and requests currently.

Here's the chart for Pluto's conjunction ...the first time ever in the history of the United States... to the U.S.A.'s natal Part of War which occurred on September 30, 1964.

In the chart above we find the Desc. conj. the USA's natal Part of Increase and Benefits @ 14* Aries 37' 23"
(Well. "War is big business":annoyed:, according to some here in the States.
Jupiter is conj, the natal Part of Individuality @ 25* Taurus 14' 55" and the North Node is just outside, but approaching, the natal Part of Suicide at 25* Gemini 36'.

Venus at 24* Leo 02" is conj. by a less than one degree orb to the natal Part of Inheritance & Legacy for the United States at 23* Leo 32' 06" which also just happens to be the exact same coordinates for the Part of Bondage.

Uranus was within a one degree orb of conjunction to the Part of Ancestral Heritage, which happens to be located at 11* Virgo 48' 10" and Mercury, the lower octave of Uranus, was at 25* Virgo 23' and conj. the Part of Influence ( a trans-Saturnian Part derived from the formula of Asc. + Venus - Pluto) a "Part" that we have decided is inappropriately titled and tentatively re-titled as the Part of Self Sacrifice although my clairvoyant friend, Clarisse Conner, says that she sees it as that which will destroy a portion of thyself... so, it maybe that it isn't always necessarily a willing self sacrifice...if it is at all, that is...and that "Part" happens to be at 26* Virgo 09' 20" and Mercury was also conj. the Hermetic Lot of Courage which is located for the natal chart of the USA at 26* Virgo 16' 01".

The South Node at 26* Sag.42' 50" was conj, by less than a one degree orb, to the USA's natal Part of Distress @ 27* Sag. 35' 43" which also happens to be the exact same coordinates for the USA's natal Part of Peril ...and in my humble opinion, that about says it all as to the nations involvement in S.E. Asia at that time and for many years to come.

There are other aspects of note to Astrological Parts, that I've passed over in this post, involving the asteroids, those of you that are curious can do the research yourselves as I do have all the known Parts derived form the USA's natal chart posted in the Mundane, 'Country and Place', sub-forum...it is now ten to mid-night in Calif. the last few minutes of a Saturday night and I'm ready for some well earned shut eye. (although I still have to properly format this post and proof read it... no one ever told me that a task done right is an easy one...but, I was told that a task done right the first time saves a lot of grief ...down the road.)

There's more to come on this subject... so, let it be known that this is to be continued...

piercethevale

So get this...check this out... I was all ready to turn out the bedside lamp and that "Inner Voice" told me that I really should cast a progressed natal chart for the USA the day of September 30, 1964... the first time that Pluto conj. the USA's natal Part of War... and I have learned recently that all progressed charts are cast for the first moment of the day at the International Dateline, thus for progressed USA natal charts and the progressed natal charts for anyone born in the USA or Western Hemisphere for that matter, especially those that were born on the West Coast of the USA or further West, it is more accurate to cast the progressed chart for the day before the one you actually want...thus explaining why this progressed natal chart I'm posting here for the USA is dated Sept. 29th and not the 30th, though it makes but the slightest of hardly any negligible difference.

But, you gotta check this chart out and compare to the one for the Pluto conj. Part of War chart in the previous post.

IS THAT A TRIP OR WHAT? The same chart axis as to signs and degrees.

It's well past my blurry eyed bedtime but I did want to note that the location of the Vertex is found to be the same in both charts but given that the chart axis is nearly identical that is to be expected, progressed Uranus is conj. the USA's natal Part of Destiny @ 07* Gemini 33' 09" (and also the Part of Astrology @ 07* Gemini 07' 09") progressed Neptune is conj. the USA's natal Part of Faith & Trust @ 29* Virgo 10' 32" and the Part of Benevolence (which has not be proven to be of correct title of identification by me as to this date ) at 29* Virgo 41' 55". The progressed natal Sun is conj. the natal Part of Father aka Advancement @ 19* Capricorn 20' 57" by less than a one degree orb , but the capper is that the progressed South Node and Pluto are conj. the USA's natal Part of Nobility & Honor... YOWSA!:pinched::sad:

I did forget to note that in the Pluto conj. Part of War chart in the last post, above, that Neptune was conj. the USA's natal Part of Libido, aka Energy @ 16* Scorpio 49' 46"...which is derived from the formula, Asc. + Pluto - Venus, which is opposite that formula for the Part we have tentatively identified as the 'Part of Self Sacrifice'.

...to be continued...

piercethevale

I didn't get enough free time this past day to do much more research than a couple of hours worth.

I did find out that on June 3rd, 1965 which goes with the first chart in the first post above when Saturn gt to within one degree orb to the Part of Catastrophe that it was the day that Gemini 4 of the NASA space program launched and it was the second crewed mission of the Gemini series and carried James McDivitt and Edward White on a 4-day, 62-orbit mission and that Ed White became the first American astronaut to walk in space that same day.
Of either coincidence or planning...and I'm rather sure it was the former, Mercury was in the 4th degree of Gemini that day it launched ...not to mention that Jupiter, the Sun, the N. Node and Venus were all in the Sign of Gemini that day.

What I did produce today as way of a new chart is that I found that Uranus and Pluto conjuncted in 1965 for the first time in 115 years and only the second time in the history of the nation...and remarkably they conjuncted at 17* Virgo 09' 57" which also happened to be conjunct the USA's natal Part of Soul/Spirit which is located at 17* Virgo 18' 24".
The last time those two met up it was in the 30th degree of Aries in the year 1850 around June 25th or 26th.

Here's the chart for the event of 1965, I haven't had much chance to study it so I'll with hold any comments until I do...just figured that as long as I already have a copy I might as well share it as I'm sure that some will find it of interest no matter what natal chart for the USA they use.

piercethevale

I had to find out when Uranus and Pluto will next conjunct and am a bit stunned to find out that their next rendezvous isn't 115 years from 1965 but rather 139 years in 2104 and it would appear, from the fact given that the next meeting is predicted to be in the 8th degree of Taurus, that they eventually make a 40 sided polygon configuration in the sky around the Zodiac before they complete one dance around it together.
That's most appropriate and very revealing, I think...as "the 40 day ordeal" is a period of great change, transformation and rebirth ... and Uranus being known as the "Planet of Sudden Change" (also the "Great Awakener") and Pluto the "Planet of Transformation and Rebirth" .... why it all just comes together