Indications of Singing Talents/Interest

Munch

I posted new links. I keep my facebook just for my teeny tiny select group of personal friends. What can I say? I'm a midnight Capricorn. :wink: Thank you for your interest.

I'm curious, what kind of performance do you want to get into now? I ask, because you made me think of two amazingly talented lady singers that I've had the pleasure of hearing. Neither is famous, but both perform regularly. One is with a local group troupe called Teatro Zinazanni ( http://dreams.zinzanni.org/ ) in Seattle. They do a whole dinner show that would blow your mind. The other was an elderly lady in her 70's who sang a bar in down town Las Angeles. It was small, kind of hard to find place, BUT it had a great following as well. The lady (whose name sadly escapes me) was a fantasticly good, mind blowing blues singer. If you went to see her, you'd probably also see Bruce Willis because he was a huge fan. Anyway, my thought is maybe start smaller and more intimate and see how that works for you.

Claire19

Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?
Venus in Taurus is right as it rules the throat area. Also Moon in Taurus may give a love of singing and if you inherit that talent. i.e mother or females in family sing.

Performing talents and interests are often seen the 5th house of creativity and self expression. So Venus there or ruling or in Taurus would be one indication.

. I love to sing and I have a Taurus Moon but am I marvellous? Not really but can carry a tune. In the third house of communicating adds to this.

It would be interesting to look at famous charts and see what happens when they are brilliant singers. The scenarios would all be different. Whitney Houston for instance has a strong Leo influence with Sun and Venus in her area of work. She danced and acted as well. Taurus ruled her 3rd house of perception and senses and everyday kind of communications, with that Venus ruler in Leo.

.. Barbra Streisand for instance is a Taurus.

Last edited:

serafin5

To Blennus:

Even if the music/singing thing doesnt work out I think based on your chart that you could easily act too; would that interest you also? I really think you have the chart/talent to possibly pursue this career choice if that would be your passion.

Break a leg!
Serafin5

SniperBomber328

Venus in the 12th Libra, Sextile my MC Leo. Ruler of the 10th Leo, found at 3* Scorpio, conjunct. my AC. Mercury in the 1st Conjunct. Ruler of the 1st Mars, in Scorpio.

Basically Venus disposits itself, while my 10th MC Sign is disposited in the 1st Scorpio. Dunno' if Venus in Libra helps, but I think I lack any real singing abilities or talents. I've tried singing, and I did manage to get an offer to choir in high school, but I never pursued it, so I am left in the unknown.

Jupiter is also in the 12th Libra, if that helps somwhat to pleasant the voice? Since he is also benefic in nature.

Claire19

The chart on astro doesn't display quintile aspects (as far as I can figure out.)

KiteChart.gif
Dont do quintiles anyway, only minor aspects.

redrobin23

Hi Munch! I was reading thru the thread and came across your song. Wow! Amazing voice you really are talented. I listened to " Always Next to you," once and decided I had to listen to your song with the volume on high. I like this song it has that just stepped into a techno club after midnight feel. I could definitely see this song being played in a movie one day. Hope this isn't to forward, but is there a way I could add your song on facebook or something?

Last edited:

Munch

I don't see that as too forward at all. Thank you for the compliment.

I thought the same thing as you when he first played it for me. I immediately started thinking of some dark/comic book/action hero/vampire madness and that's what I wrote around. I think the lyrics make more sense in that light. :)

By all means, post away. Thanks again. It's a nice boost of confidence for me. :smile:

Jai Kishen

well my sister is kinda "famous"/"popular" in her surroundings for a 15yr old ,
she seems to have talents relating to speech/singing/etc...

she has 1. scorpio mc
2. venus conj. mc (almost perfect conj.)
3. mars conj. mc
4. venus conj mars

Nickidan

Thank You I plan on taking lessons in the summer.

Can you check out my natal chart though. I'm really interested if there are any "NATURAL" singing talent indicators in my chart. I REALLY want to know :D

willfree

Hey, Interesting thread here! I'm a guitarist with a successful career start up and I've recently stepped into a rut when my singer couldn't pull through one day.

Thank you transiting Mars return / retrograde and transiting Neptune conj my N.N... To step out of this rut I decided to take up singing myself. Judging practically on my progress thus far my voice is sounding fairly solid, and has presence and personality... so far, so good. haha

Looking at my own chart and reading this thread there were a couple of things that clicked in my chart;

- Asc in Gemini 8 degrees.

- I have a locomotive chart with Jupiter leading in Cancer 01 degrees in the 2nd house. (Jupiter perfectly opposes my Uranus in Capricorn 01 degrees)

- Venus in Virgo 17 degrees. (critical for mutable I believe, Venus also trines Neptune)

- Moon in Libra in the 5th house 17 degrees. (forms a semi-sextile to my Venus)

- Mercury in Virgo 3 degrees conj. Mars in Virgo 2 degrees in the 3rd house using the whole sign / equal house system (
both planets are conj. my 25 degree Leo south node, and both trine all 3 Saturn, Uranus, Neptune in the 8th house)

- Chiron in Cancer 12 degrees in the 2nd house.

- Sun in Leo 14 degrees in the 3rd house.

- Mars quintile Pluto in Scorpio 12 degrees.

- Other quitiles are... Moon quintile Uranus, Sun quintile Saturn, Sun quintile Neptune.

- North Node in Aquarius in (10th house placidus - 9th house whole sign / equal house)

With eastern placements this changes to;

- Asc in Taurus 14 degrees.

- Locomotive chart with Jupiter in Gemini leading 7 degrees in the 2nd house.

- Venus in 23 degrees Leo

- Moon in Virgo in the 5th house 23 degrees. (forms a semi-sextile to my Venus)

- Mercury in Leo 13 degrees conj. Mars in Leo 12 degrees in the 3rd house using the whole sign / equal house system.

- Chiron in Gemini in the 2nd house. (Forgot the degrees)

- Sun in Cancer 21 degrees in the 3rd house.

- Mars quintile Pluto in Libra 22 degrees.

- Same nodal stuff going on.

Based off some these aspects and placements, does this point towards a solo career in both singing and playing guitar?

Last edited:

Athene

Hey, Interesting thread here! I'm a guitarist with a successful career start up and I've recently stepped into a rut when my singer couldn't pull through one day.

Thank you transiting Mars return / retrograde and transiting Neptune conj my N.N... To step out of this rut I decided to take up singing myself. Judging practically on my progress thus far my voice is sounding fairly solid, and has presence and personality... so far, so good. haha

Looking at my own chart and reading this thread there were a couple of things that clicked in my chart;

- Asc in Gemini 8 degrees.

- I have a locomotive chart with Jupiter leading in Cancer 01 degrees in the 2nd house. (Jupiter perfectly opposes my Uranus in Capricorn 01 degrees)

- Venus in Virgo 17 degrees. (critical for mutable I believe)

- Moon in Libra in the 5th house 17 degrees. (forms a semi-sextile to my Venus)

- Mercury in Virgo 3 degrees conj. Mars in Virgo 2 degrees in the 3rd house using the whole sign / equal house system (
both planets are conj. my 25 degree Leo south node)

- Chiron in Cancer 12 degrees in the 2nd house.

- Sun in Leo 14 degrees in the 3rd house.

- Mars quintile Pluto in Scorpio 12 degrees.

- North Node in Aquarius in (10th house placidus - 9th house whole sign / equal house)

With eastern placements this changes to;

- Asc in Taurus 14 degrees.

- Locomotive chart with Jupiter in Gemini leading 7 degrees in the 2nd house.

- Venus in 23 degrees Leo

- Moon in Virgo in the 5th house 23 degrees. (forms a semi-sextile to my Venus)

- Mercury in Leo 13 degrees conj. Mars in Leo 12 degrees in the 3rd house using the whole sign / equal house system.

- Chiron in Gemini in the 2nd house. (Forgot the degrees)

- Sun in Cancer 21 degrees in the 3rd house.

- Mars quintile Pluto in Libra 22 degrees.

- Same nodal stuff going on.

Based off some these aspects and placements, does this point towards a solo career in both singing and playing guitar?

Put the chart up so we can "see it" :biggrin:

willfree

Put the chart up so we can "see it" :biggrin:

You got it! I usually use a different system for the eastern placements that astro.com didn't have so the degrees are a little off. Two new things that I just spotted is the PoF quintile Pluto along with Chiron trine Pluto being my strongest aspect hmm.

Thanks for your viewage :)

Attachments

• wholesignseast.jpg
    wholesignseast.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 35
  • wholesignswest.jpg
    wholesignswest.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 32

Athene

You got it! I usually use a different system for the eastern placements that astro.com didn't have so the degrees are a little off.

Which system do you use ? :andy:

I see you've put up your sideral chart too, not many astrologers here use that zodiac division .. do you have positive experience with it ?

I myself dont use the equal house system .. but i'll look at both house systems, just give me a sec .. ah, and the Mars/Merc are out of sign to be considered in conjunction with SN at such a wide orb .. but thats ihmo ofc ~

willfree

I usually use the Krishnamurti system. The signs sometimes make more sense to the way I perceive energies.

Would my chart come off as Scorponic because of Pluto's presence in the 6th house, making Merc, Mars, and Venus's energy output run through pluto? Making my music very intense, and hypnotizing. During live performances I haven't yet seen an audience in such syncopation with the music it's as if I have captivated them for the time I'm playing, do the stars align with my voice to further my intensity?

Arigato friend :)

Athene

You know, Leos usually tend to rub me off the wrong way :whistling: :lol: (i'm Aqua, the opposite) but your struts i can somehow eaven take as charming . . think is your Moon over my AC :biggrin:

Look now, taken your NN, you're lucky i'm here .. I'll help you a bit with the perspective :wink: I myself have Pluto on AC / squaring my Sun, the late you do too. You know, intensity isnt a bad thing, but here you arent messing with fire, but with *plutonium* :whistling: Make sure you dont destroy yourself or others for the matter, in the process. Musicians have always been part of my circle, i'm an artist myself, i know the drill babe .... Once you overstep your limit, Pluto shows no mercy, as he gave - he will make sure to take back everything, to the last bit. If you handle it badly, that is. The reason i see you pressing the Pluto issue is because you have the Scorp sign intercepted in the 6th house. It's not an easy task for you to openly engage this area and energy, but being by defalut isolated as it is, it has it's due time to build up in substance and mass .. if you have found the keys that open this "room", as you report you have, there is all the stamina you need to deliver mindblowing performances you are reporting about :joyful: And in the 6th, DIY or DIE, repeatedly, repeatedly. In the MAyan system, the 6th tone is called the rhytmic one :joyful:

Krishnamurti and equal asside, i am working with the standard chart, but i do like the way you're framing the issue energy parameters :wink:

So you are a Leo/Libra blend with Mars on Mercury, Aries on 12th cusp .. performing is something you're very acustomed to, to say the least. Oratory capabilities, forceful leadership, stands all in your past.

Having Merc/Mars so close to your SN would indicate you could still be strongly bound to your last personality incarnation with a pending unfoldment. Your SN on your Sun/Mars+Merc midpoint makes me think eaven more so .... this midpoint could be one important piece of clue, make sure to study it. Aries on 12th usually advocates for a prev-life-violent-death btw.

Your chart shape is in fact a bowl-wanabe-locomotive :biggrin: .. A locomotive usually includes a grand trine (but not necessarily), it's spread 240° wide, i.e. minus four signs .. You have a 189° spread, what means 5 empty signs + 20°, and the max limit for a bowl is 190°. The last planets to form the pattern are all the outer slow moving ones .. and they werent bound to go anywhere soon :sideways:

Jupiter on the 1/2 cusp, a personality 'larger than life' that sucessfully uses oneslef to expand (in) life.. It's your chart pattern leading panet too, so you sure do put yourself in the forefront, a Leo Sun enables you do so marvelously, with a touch a class feeding by the Libra Moon.

Now, what i saw and thought instantly after reading your first post and looking at your chart, is this stelium in the 8th .. rapresenting your 'magic crew' :biggrin: .. all retrogrades :andy: .. they're "writen in your skys", but they'll come later in life, and probbably be older too, and be sure, 'climbing' to that 'meeting point' will be made no easy for you, it's partly up to you - partly up to others to storm through all the dramma and let life live itself. "Getting out of your sunny shadows" > NN 10th/Sun 4th. Letting go of oneself, big or little it be, within the widest human energy field, side-stepping for a bigger picture > NN Aqua. Then, your SN in Leo, Sun there too, singletone fire *take notice*, closing square Pluto, yes, you have mastered this aspect, now you are disseminating. And that's the only real hard aspect your Sun forms, that's the WHY you are feeling the Scorp energy SO FAMILIAR and yours :sideways:

Now, about your vocalist 'perspectives' .. First thing i want to make sure, if you arent tone deaf (lol), and utmost important, have love for it, astrology doesnt have any substantial say in the matter. You practice, you master it, you get better, you know the drill. What's there to say though, Taurus is intercepted in your 12th house, possibly implying you could find it strenuous to take this role full time on :unsure: .. But dont take me for granted, i dont know you - you try, you'll see :wink:

What i could advice you though, with that Libra Moon and Jup in Cancer, search 4 a female lead voice .. i think you could be quite satisfyed with the outcome .. energy rebalance :joyful:

Btw i'm sure you are 'loosing' lots of 'time' with that Libra Moon of yours .. but the synchronization you're experiencing with the crowds is due to it :joyful:

And, lol, when you contemplated posting about it, Moon was transiting your AC :biggrin: and tr NN is over your DC now :whistling: Tr Pluto over your Neptune, the trailing planet of your chart, the output .. Yeah, Hades is certainly visiting your muses now .... putting *plutonium* in their baskets :biggrin: If you want to stream "with the flow", be sure to step out of yourself enough to meet others on equal ground, dont rush .. AND LET DIE WHAT NEEDS TO GO, in your music, and all the way arround it. That tr Mars zaping over your nt Venus sure speaks about reorganizing your 'likings' and priorities, and calibrating the way you 'display' them .... :innocent: Btw, that's dead on your Sun/Moon midpoint, Venus exactly in the middle, such a beautiful aspect if i may say so.

All the midpoints you can explore here btw :
http://johnsandbach.com/?cat=33

Good luck *~

Last edited:

Jai Kishen

Thank You I plan on taking lessons in the summer.

Can you check out my natal chart though. I'm really interested if there are any "NATURAL" singing talent indicators in my chart. I REALLY want to know :D

Well one thing Tim Wilson told me is that , there are NO guaranteed aspects for a talented singer or voice which is known to people ...
everybody with moon in 5th or venus in 5th DOESNT have to be a singer ~ they can be related to playing a guitar or someother artistic/emotional way of communicating ...

but if ur looking for "artistic" talents , then I guess houses such as :
3rd house
5th house
10th house
7th house

should be gud , 3rd house = house of communication
5th house = house of self-expression
10th house = the way the world sees u
7th house = house of love ...

Planets which could give u an "artistic" edge over others :
1. moon (emotions)
2. venus (love/arts)
3. jupiter (growth , although ul need aspects to this planet)
4. mercury (knowledge/communication)
5. neptune (imagination)
6. North Node (universal direction)

Note:
According to me 7th house is important for singing , acting or any artistic field , cause 7th house = love .
and according to me any artist to be gud or successful either has to be in a state of love (with a person or a thing or his profession) or should have gone through the state of love and a hard break up ......

P.S : I would like it , if seniors of this forum could comment on this post of mine , if I have missed out something , so that others(including me ) can learn from it .

Thank you,
Jai~

Last edited: