Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 02-25-2010, 05:01 AM

Parallel Aspects

Would someone kindly put up a chart that shows a parallel aspect. So I can see how it is worked out. I have tried to understand by reading info on the internet but find it easier when I have an example.

Unread 02-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Banned

Re: Parallel Aspects

"View my chart" from my signature, Kerrie......Uranus is parallel to Pluto because both are the same distance in declination from the equator (Uranus=North 23degrees Libra : Pluto=North 23degrees Leo)......But you will not see it in the chart, because there is no means of depicting how far each planet is above/below the Earth's equator [So we consult the "Table of Declinations"]......However, in the sky, the two planets will appear to be at the same level (because both are at the same "height").

[Note : If planets are in opposite hemispheres but at the same declination degree, they are contraparallel......Eg. Jupiter=South 23 degrees Capricorn : Pluto=North 23 degrees Leo]

Last edited by EJ53; 02-25-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:10 AM

Im still not getting it. So you cant see it in a chart like you could see a trine?

So I need to look at the Table of Declinations? to work this out?
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:48 AM

Kerrie,

you need software or you can check if you have any planets in parallel or contra-parallel from astro.com the PDF file...but it is little teasing to check them one by one....this is what I know and what I have been trying......

If you find table let us know.....
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
...So you cant see it in a chart like you could see a trine?
No, Kerrie......Declination is the planets "apparent height" above (or below) the Equator......(We really need a picture but) imagine a ine drawn from the centre of the Earth to the Equator and another from the centre to the North Pole, making a 90 degree triangle at the Earth Centre......This enables us to measure the distance from the Equator to the North Pole in degrees...O degrees being on the Equator and 90 degrees being on the North Pole/as far above the Equator as we can get......If we then look from the Earth Centre at our planet in the sky, it falls somewhere on that 0-90 degree Equator/North Pole line......and the degree on which it falls is the declination.

Quote:
So I need to look at the Table of Declinations? to work this out?
Yes....The Astrological Table of Declinations is part of the Chart information, providing the declination degree of each planet......which is not the same as the zodiac degree that we use to calculate astrological aspects.
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanila View Post
...check if you have any planets in parallel or contra-parallel from astro.com the PDF file...If you find table let us know.....
That PDF file is the table, Vanila/Kerrie.
On Astro.com, draw the natal chart and click on "view the additional tables" in the top left-hand corner......This brings up a "Data Sheet" showing each planet's zodiac and declination degree......[But, as Vanila says, you do have to work out for yourself (from the table) which planets are/are not parallel or contraparallel.]
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:38 AM

EJ53

I thought there might be tables like ephemeris or something similar for the parallels and contra-parallels.....

Unread 02-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanila View Post
...I thought there might be tables like ephemeris or something similar for the parallels and contra-parallels.....
Perhaps, Vanila......I don't know of any......but maybe other members will.
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:47 PM

I recommend 'The American Ephemeris 2001 to 2010',ACS Publications.
ISBN 0 935127 51 8. $13.

Example: Thu 25/2/2010. Sun P Jupiter 9:54 am.

Jerry
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:42 PM

I also recommend reading 'Horoscope Symbols' by Robert Hand,Chapter 6 The Aspects.

'Essays on Astrology' also by Hand,Chapter 9 Astrology's Second Dimension: Declination and Latitude.

'Primary Directions Made Easy', by Sepharial for calculating Zodiacal,Mundane and Rapt Parallels.

Jerry
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:46 AM

So looking at my chart then I have the Moon and Saturn parallel?

Moon at 10'36 North
Saturn at 9'32 North

Or do I now need to look at something else? How do I get the the sign? As in...

EJ's (Uranus=North 23degrees Libra : Pluto=North 23degrees Leo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Declinations.jpg (73.4 KB, 24 views)
Unread 02-26-2010, 07:02 AM

Kerrie,

yours...but I'm not sure about the degrees ..orb

Jupiter/Neptune contra-parallel
Mars/Moon too
and Venus/Uranus parallel

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Declinations1.JPG (76.4 KB, 22 views)
Unread 02-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Yes....Moon-Saturn/Venus-Uranus=Parallel : Moon-Mars/Jupiter-Neptune=Contraparallel

Also parallel=Saturn-Pluto.....and Moon-Pluto (if we allow no more than a 2 degree orb)

Quote:
Or do I now need to look at something else? How do I get the the sign? As in...EJ's (Uranus=North 23degrees Libra : Pluto=North 23degrees Leo)
Signs don't apply/matter, Kerrie......I should have written Uranus=North 23 degrees : Pluto=North 23 degrees......We need only to know that planets are or are not parallel/contraparallel......Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryRR
...I recommend 'The American Ephemeris 2001 to 2010'....'Horoscope Symbols' by Robert Hand,Chapter 6 The Aspects....'Essays on Astrology' also by Hand,Chapter 9 Astrology's Second Dimension: Declination and Latitude....'Primary Directions Made Easy', by Sepharial for calculating Zodiacal,Mundane and Rapt Parallels.
Thanks for the information/"heads up", Jerry

Last edited by EJ53; 02-26-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Parallel : An aspect formed when two planets are in the same declination, that is, when they are the same distance north or south of the celestial equator. Generally considered to operate much like the conjunction. http://www2.bitstream.net/~bunlion/bpi/Glossary3.html

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/d...parallels.html
Unread 02-26-2010, 10:42 PM

Thankyou everyone for your reply . Now Im off to work out what they mean, lol.
Unread 02-26-2010, 11:12 PM

What is the orb allowance for parallel's and contraparallel's?

Edit: Just looking at Magi Astrology they give 2.2degrees. Although they say 1.2degrees is stronger.

Last edited by Kerrie; 02-27-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:33 PM

Pluto Contra Parallel Sun Venus Conjunction
Jupiter Parallel Neptune Uranus conj
Pluto Parallel Saurn
Mercury Parallel Saturn
and some of others....

You can do it morinus software
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:15 PM

I wouldn't look for parallels and counter parallels in the standard chart, but in the little data table that you get with the Astrodienst extra tables. Treat the parallel like a conjunction, and the counter-parallel like an opposition. I would allow a one-degree orb, maybe 2 degrees for luminaries.

If it helps you visualize them, just print off your chart and draw in some "aspect" lines for them.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I wouldn't look for parallels and counter parallels in the standard chart, but in the little data table that you get with the Astrodienst extra tables. Treat the parallel like a conjunction, and the counter-parallel like an opposition. I would allow a one-degree orb, maybe 2 degrees for luminaries.

If it helps you visualize them, just print off your chart and draw in some "aspect" lines for them.
Should I really take them seriously ? for example what could mean my Sun Pluto Contra Parallel should I read the Opp
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Account Closed

This wikipedia page on Declination was helpful for me, as there are some diagrams which help you to visualise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declination

Also, at astro.com if you select the 3-Dimensional Chart from the Special Charts drop down box (found in the extended chart selection)... that gives you a chart. It helped me to visualise and understand better!

Last edited by PisceanPallas; 07-06-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 07-07-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post
Should I really take them seriously ? for example what could mean my Sun Pluto Contra Parallel should I read the Opp

As I have posted in other threads, I do not account for/delineate the contra-parallels, primarily because I have a question if they really are in fact like oppositions (some older authorities considered Parallel the same as conjunction REGARDLESS of which side of the ecliptic they were on, so this made me hesitate to look at contra-parallels as = to oppositions)

However, that the single MOST important aspect-related indication in any chart is the close Parallel of declination, yes I certainly consider that these need to be taken very seriously, as being similar to-but more "powerful" than-conjunctions in longitude.
Unread 07-12-2012, 03:41 PM

Can we count 2 as orb for PR and Contra PR ?
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:44 AM

Modernist authorities give only 1 degree orb; older authorities (Carter, Hall, and various oldtime traditional and also Vedic authors) give up to 1.5 degree orb (which is the orb limit I follow) 2 degrees, as orb, might be a bit of a stretch...
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:09 AM

My extensive interaction with clients in rectification and chart validation work has led me to allow 1.5 degrees or so for even the outer planets (like Saturn and Neptune) in declination aspects (P & CP). This leads me to believe that an even wider orb for luminaries is appropriate. The Magi Society teaches 2.5 degrees orb for all planets, but that is too wide for outers in my experience.
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:16 AM

If you look at the planets in the sky when they are in parallel of declination you will see that a two degree orb is huge!

I have always used a one degree maximum orb based on these visuals.

Alice

Tags
aspects, parallel