need help with understanding receptions!

Hi,

I have draw a chart for a question.

where the asc is mars and i am looking at the reception between the asc ruler mars and the 7th house ruler Venus. Both the rulers are applying in the 9th house.

I want to know, how to find out which which plant is reaching towards the other. is it mars or venus?

Attachments

• are we leaving this house.jpg
    are we leaving this house.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Venus is the faster planet to mars, so venus chases mars. But even though venus is chasing mars, mars is moving too, mars changes signs before venus can catch up with him in the sign of Leo. This sign change from mars will signify a change of dynamics/circumstances. Mars moving into Leo dosesn't gain or lose any strength, but venus does, as venus moving into virgo will move into her fall.

Venus is the faster planet to mars, so venus chases mars. But even though venus is chasing mars, mars is moving too, mars changes signs before venus can catch up with him in the sign of Leo. This sign change from mars will signify a change of dynamics/circumstances. Mars moving into Leo dosesn't gain or lose any strength, but venus does, as venus moving into virgo will move into her fall.

Thankyou so much. that was helpful.

greybeard

I don't see the receptions you're talking about.

Reception is determined by essential dignity. In this chart both Venus and Mars are received by Sun, lord of Leo.

Last edited:
My question for this chart was " are we leaving this house (present) in 2 months?

the 7th house Venus is applying to mars does that count as a yes? I am asking this because i do not see any reception between the asc's ruler and the 4th.

greybeard

Horary is the astrology of houses.

Your question involves 1st house (you, we...the querent) and 4th house (the house from which you might move).)

Thus Mars is Querent, Jupiter the house.

I think you mean "aspect" when you say "reception".

Last edited:
Yes, there's no aspect between 1st & the 4th rulers. So should I look at the 7th ruler (future house move). That way the 1st and 7th ruler received by leo the 9th ruler. Could it mean house move overseas?

What does the moon says?

greybeard

The First & Fourth rule the question. We can't go playing Musical Houses because we didn't find the answer we wanted.

First: Be careful how you frame the question. Does it ask what you really want to know? The horary chart answers the question you ask.

vcms

@Chrysalis What does it suppose when the Mars-Venus conjunction perfect in her fall? Would you mind looking at my horary q?

You are right. The circumstances are changing (fall). Though I wish to move out, we still need to find a house at the place we want to move but before then I am forced to leave the present house by oct.

The time we have is not enough!

Chrysalis

Mars/venus will be conjunct @ 3 degrees Virgo, which places moon in gemini by square aspect aspecting both mars/venus (?)
11 time units [give or take a little] something could happen, it won't be an easy process though with that square.

Its if this mars/venus conjunction pulls off ? The good thing about the conjunction is that its happening in an 'increasing fortune' degree, so id expect at this point you'd get some kind of luck.

Whats the situation your in ?

Mars/venus will be conjunct @ 3 degrees Virgo, which places moon in gemini by square aspect aspecting both mars/venus (?)
11 time units [give or take a little] something could happen, it won't be an easy process though with that square.

Its if this mars/venus conjunction pulls off ? The good thing about the conjunction is that its happening in an 'increasing fortune' degree, so id expect at this point you'd get some kind of luck.

Lately since lunar eclipse we have a thought to go back to Germany as we felt very home sick.

Right now we are stuck with time and finance!

we planned to move back and rent a house there and later buy our own home.

While searching for houses i have found few house on rent-buy option so. I had a thought "why don't we buy the house straight away than renting" and discussed this with my partner. he said if it works we can go for it.

as these things been running on our head aside. today i have received an email from my landlord that we should move within couple of months as they want their house back.

the changing situations are rushing us to move. i wonder how we can manage things (relocate,find a house, schools) within couple of months?

your prediction was "AMAZING!!" :w00t:

The moon/gemini aspect's effect really did happened on the 12th of September i had a very bad day.

by the time it was Monday i felt so much relieved and clear minded. I had the courage to face the challenges aside.

The increasing fortune degree is today :D we are fit on the financial ground back again :D:D:D

thank you so much for helping me with the chart.

greybeard

Once "considerations before judgment" are met, and the chart is found to be radical ("fit to be read"), and if the question is framed so that the answer can be "Yes/No", then the relationship between querent and quesited provides the answer. We do not go jumping around the chart seeking some configuration that seems pleasing to our ears.

Squares, oppositions, and no-aspect say "no". Conjunctions, sextiles and trines say "yes"...or "favorably-unfavorably".

Look up the word "fall, fallen" in a quality dictionary. The dictionary provides an excellent source, or textbook, when it comes to the meaning of words.

To understand the significance of the Fixed Quality, look up "fix, fixed, fixation". My dictionary gives over 30 definitions of these related words, and each and every one of these applies to the Fixed Quality in astrology. The astrological literature amplifies, deepens, broadens these fundamental meanings.

Last edited:
hmm, a part from yes or no, the chart does shows many things for example when i as a question about different topic and not about my partner but if i notice Uranus in 7th the same day i get a big argument with my partner. i sense that the horary chart has so much hidden inside it.

Last edited: