Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 08-08-2019, 04:48 PM

Can we talk about chiron

Chiron is a bigger celestial body than Pluto, yet not many astrologers include it in their readings.

Can we talk about what Chiron symbolizes?

Unread 08-17-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-thinking View Post
Chiron is a bigger celestial body than Pluto, yet not many astrologers include it in their readings.

Can we talk about what Chiron symbolizes?
If youíre asking about what it symbolizes, I think what Iíve always read about it is that whatever house it is placed in (and what aspects it makes) is the area where you will always feel some kind of pain or it will be a ďwound that never heals.Ē In that sense, itís effect is a bit similar to Saturn. Itís in my 12th house, but Iím not sure what that means as the 12th house always confused me. I know what the 12th house means, but Iím not sure how having Chiron there translates to the nativeís life. Other house placements have more obvious explanations (ex: Chiron in the 4th would indicate that the natives childhood experience or home/family life will have a painful or long-lasting effect on them).
Unread 08-17-2019, 06:26 PM

Re: Can we talk about chiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleReign View Post
If you’re asking about what it symbolizes, I think what I’ve always read about it is that whatever house it is placed in (and what aspects it makes) is the area where you will always feel some kind of pain or it will be a “wound that never heals.” In that sense, it’s effect is a bit similar to Saturn.
I've read about this too and 'wound that never heals' however I have also read that one has to help others with that 'wound' to overcome it. Well that's the way I read it anyway. My Chiron is retrograde in 8th house of Taurus. Not sure what its all about though.

Last edited by wilsontc; 08-18-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 08-17-2019, 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=Hkk;993335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleReign View Post
If youíre asking about what it symbolizes, I think what Iíve always read about it is that whatever house it is placed in (and what aspects it makes) is the area where you will always feel some kind of pain or it will be a ďwound that never heals.Ē In that sense, itís effect is a bit similar to Saturn.

I've read about this too and 'wound that never heals' however I have also read that one has to help others with that 'wound' to overcome it. Well that's the way I read it anyway. My Chiron is retrograde in 8th house of Taurus. Not sure what its all about though.
I don't think it is relevant that it is retrograde as I think I've read that Chiron is retrograde 50% of the time (or more?). Taurus represents many things, including sensuality. 8th house represents many things, including sex and sensuality. Perhaps you have some inhibitions or unresolved issues involving sex? 8th house also rules death and the occult. Maybe you've experienced trauma after a loved one passed away when you were younger and it scarred you? Maybe it sparked an interest in you in the idea of an afterlife because you try to overcome a loved one's death through assuring yourself they exist on another plane?

I think Chiron in the 8th can play itself out in many different ways in the native's life, those two examples are just what I can think of off the top of my head.
Unread 08-18-2019, 12:53 AM

[QUOTE=PurpleReign;993378]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post

I don't think it is relevant that it is retrograde as I think I've read that Chiron is retrograde 50% of the time (or more?). Taurus represents many things, including sensuality. 8th house represents many things, including sex and sensuality. Perhaps you have some inhibitions or unresolved issues involving sex? 8th house also rules death and the occult. Maybe you've experienced trauma after a loved one passed away when you were younger and it scarred you? Maybe it sparked an interest in you in the idea of an afterlife because you try to overcome a loved one's death through assuring yourself they exist on another plane?

I think Chiron in the 8th can play itself out in many different ways in the native's life, those two examples are just what I can think of off the top of my head.
Maybe your right
Unread 08-26-2019, 04:11 AM

Some astrologers like the proposal to designate Chiron a co-ruler of Virgo, the sign of the virgin maiden and the dwarf planet of medical healing in astrology are a compatible match. Chiron is in the 11th house in the sign of Taurus and is opposite my sign's ruler Uranus (I'm an Aquarius sun/moon). I wondered if it represents my mother who is a Taurus with a dwarf planet represents a woman to heal me in my life.
Unread 08-26-2019, 12:43 PM

So with Chiron will we never get over the pain? The wounded healer.
Unread 09-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Banned

In my opinion, Chiron means help from above. Guidance. Music. Healing. Newspapers and Schools.

Chiron can mean abstract healing, or medicine healing.
Often it rules travel. Chiron is really good. Success.

Chiron is a major player. It stands for politics, grand scale ideas, colors, and US politics.

It stands for architectural design sometimes.

It has to do with Pisces.
Pisces means sensitive design.
Chiron is great.

Yes. Test it.
Show results
Unread 09-02-2019, 09:49 AM

Subscribing.
May I explore to the very depth of this infinite universe, expose and fight the abyss of crimes, understands the hearts of every living things and find peace and the meaning of life for my restless soul

Tags
chiron, talk