Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-21-2019, 11:46 AM

astrology is undoing itself

Have you ever come to a point that you think that astrology undoes itself that it seems that all aspects show up in many people somehow. one aspect/placement could be applied to many the same way another could be. For instance, take my last post, I feel I have strong 12th house, yet I don’t. But something in my chart is making me feel like that. So I can relate to a 12th house person. The explanation could be many of things, but comes back to the idea that astrology shows up as similar characteristics in many and, regardless of how small, the person can relate to it which makes it not actually unique to an individual at all.

Last edited by or1000; 08-21-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Unread 08-21-2019, 12:14 PM

Re: astrology is undoing itself

One of the problems I have with astrology, mostly the "moderns" on any website is the lack of solid grounding. Astrology jumps into the "do whatever the phuck you want" zone really quickly and sorting out the Taurus-sh.it from the functional can be difficult.

No, this is not an attack on modern astrology or anyone for that matter. I'm not an astrologer, so I have no dog in that fight. Just an observation.
Unread 08-21-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

One of the problems I have with astrology, mostly the "moderns" on any website
is the lack of solid grounding.

Astrology jumps into the "do whatever the phuck you want" zone really quickly
and sorting out the Taurus-sh.it from the functional can be difficult.
No, this is not an attack on modern astrology or anyone for that matter.
most online astrology forums are for profit of the website owners
otherwise website coulld not survive - websites cost money to organise
hence the many advertisements
and multitudes of beginners opinions
clearly
"providing a solid grounding" is low priority
The more serious astrology online groups
are closed to those unwilling to read/study ancient texts
our forum does have excellent information
provided generously by various members on our traditional board
which anyone may read and use for their own practice
but there are no structured free "lessons"
several members have done well using these
for example tsmall

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=101404
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post

Regional conference in Buffalo, NY, October 2017.
Among the speakers there are 3 who got their start here at AW.
Myself, Ryhan Butler (Kaiousei no Senshi) and Wade Caves (wca.)
Anyone local, or even not so local, it's a great conference.
tsmall
kaiousei no Senshi
and wca posts
are a treasure trove of useful astrological information
all three are still members
however everyone needs to earn a living
here's Ryhans website link http://www.medievalastrologyguide.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

I'm not an astrologer, so I have no dog in that fight. Just an observation.
That's no hindrance
in the west "astrology" is fun lucrative fairground entertainment
no qualifications required
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 08-21-2019, 05:19 PM

The devil is in the details. What looks like the same behaviour on the surface have differences structurally and in there causes. That's my view on things.
Unread 08-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
Have you ever come to a point that you think that astrology undoes itself that it seems that all aspects show up in many people somehow. one aspect/placement could be applied to many the same way another could be. For instance, take my last post, I feel I have strong 12th house, yet I donít. But something in my chart is making me feel like that. So I can relate to a 12th house person. The explanation could be many of things, but comes back to the idea that astrology shows up as similar characteristics in many and, regardless of how small, the person can relate to it which makes it not actually unique to an individual at all.
Astrology is profoundly unique to each individual.

I do remember looking at your chart in another earlier thread. IIRC, you have a Grand Cross, involving Mercury opposed Neptune and Moon Opposed Saturn.

That Grand Cross is very similar to having a 12th house stellium---feelings of being repressed, burdened, held back , distant and separate from others and from one's joy.

The Mercury opposed Neptune is very reminiscent of 12th house difficulties and it also adds to your general feeling that everything and everyone ids interrelated and has deep similarities so one can relate to each one.

In my 50 years of looking at astro charts, I have been so amazed and surprised and fascinated by profoundly intense correlations and circumstances I have seen. It is breathtaking at times.

So I totally disagree with the idea that Astrology undoes itself. Quite the opposite, in my opinion.
Unread 08-21-2019, 08:13 PM

Astrology deals with human beings, who share human nature. Shared traits.

No 2 horoscopes are the same, just like the people they depict.
Unread 08-21-2019, 09:59 PM

Quantum mechanics is undoing itself. Everyone knows a single photon can't pass through 3 apertures at the same time. That's just silly, like astrology.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-21-2019 at 10:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
katydid (08-22-2019)
Unread 08-22-2019, 01:43 AM

To answer the question, astrology has already been undoing itself since birth if you are really skeptical. Think about it, how the hell can some random planets revolving around the Sun have power to influence our life? What if human moves away from this Solar system and live on another "solar system"? Will there be any planet to work with then?

You are correct that a lot of people share the same placements and therefore display similar trait. But then we have the 12H, the house of the ultimate collective consciousness. This house teaches you that we are unique, but eventually we are all in it together. Everyone is going to share something with each other one way or another. Thinking that you are so unique you aren't like anyone is the mistake of Aquarius that leads to its downfall. That's why Pisces comes after Aquarius to remind us that no matter how much we want to be different, we still share something with the collective. You can't escape the collective, and that makes us human.

As for your 12H question, specifically, it's just... too vague. To me this isn't a good example of how astrology is undoing itself. May I ask how much have you been studying astrology? You don't even know which placement is causing you to think like that, and you conclude that one trait can be attributed to several placements. I don't have anything in my 11H, yet I can relate to 11H matter. It's because I have Aqua Uranus in 10H and my 11H cusp link to Uranus, so my feeling for the 11H is also linked to my public life. You have to at least be able to explain to yourself like that before claiming astrology is vague.

Why don't you come back to that thread and add a chart?
Unread 08-22-2019, 02:02 AM

And Bravo Katydid.

What'd Katy do?

And I think he/she said Moon in Capricorn, and you say opposing Saturn...who is her lord, and she his...with both bodies in detriment.

Born around the end of WWII.

Criticism from ignorance is empty. As a layman I would not criticize quantum mechanics even though it offers some pretty outlandish proposals.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-22-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Unread 08-23-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Astrology is profoundly unique to each individual.

I do remember looking at your chart in another earlier thread. IIRC, you have a Grand Cross, involving Mercury opposed Neptune and Moon Opposed Saturn.

That Grand Cross is very similar to having a 12th house stellium---feelings of being repressed, burdened, held back , distant and separate from others and from one's joy.

The Mercury opposed Neptune is very reminiscent of 12th house difficulties and it also adds to your general feeling that everything and everyone ids interrelated and has deep similarities so one can relate to each one.

In my 50 years of looking at astro charts, I have been so amazed and surprised and fascinated by profoundly intense correlations and circumstances I have seen. It is breathtaking at times.

So I totally disagree with the idea that Astrology undoes itself. Quite the opposite, in my opinion.
The interrelated view on things is Mercury-Neptune, I have come to think whilst studying charts. I appreciate what you say about the grand cross being an energy similar to that of the 12th. Very stuck in. Yes.