Attracting Fake Friends

Sagcap88

What in a person’s natal might make them have a tendency to attract fake friends...people who don’t have their best intentions at heart but rather use them?

It’s a sad thing to see happen to someone you care about.

Blaze

Account Closed
Malefic's in the 7th (or 111th, possibly) OSM (out of sect, so the planet is playing for others).

Could be something else. Any ideas, SagCap?

Sagcap88

Malefic's in the 7th (or 111th, possibly) OSM (out of sect, so the planet is playing for others).

Could be something else. Any ideas, SagCap?

Thanks for answering! I was thinking it must have to do with the 11th. Maybe the ruler tells a little more to the story.

I know someone who is taken advantage of and used by people around him. He’s got his 11th cusp in Scorpio and also had Neptune in Sag in the 11th. The whole Neptune thing would explain his masochistic ways and letting people walk all over him, I think; his Neptune squares his sun and mercury in the 2nd...people taken advantage of his generosity with his money.

Sagcap88

Someone with a prominent venus or many libra/taurus placements? :unsure:

Thanks! I agree on Libra, for sure. My ex was a Libra and he spread himself really thin; he was a people pleaser. He also put up with a lot of **** and didn’t allow himself to get mad about it (held his feelings in) — he’d just act out in little passive aggressive ways. Poor guy. He could have done a lot with his life because he was very gifted but allowed his roommates who he was best friends with to keep him held back. They were all very codependent.

Sagcap88

Another example of how the 11th affects friendships: my 11th cusp is in Cancer. The house is empty, though. But the ruler of my 11th, the moon, is in Capricorn in the 5th trining Jupiter exactly. Also, sextile Venus.
Fortunately, I haven’t had an issue with having “fake friends”. I’ve had a few people who were toxic (and I had to part ways with) but no major issues like the friend I mentioned above.
My friendships have always been sincere and I’ve often been the “parent” of my friend groups. Everyone joked about how maternal I was in high school because I would always remind people to drive carefully, etc. haha. I can also be a loner (that’s probably the Capricorn in me) and I prefer my own company to that of people I don’t have a true connection with.

Fz hb

Can fake friends also be seen in the 11th house of solar return. I noticed this three years ago that my social life trends could be seen from the SR 11TH house. And some placements and aspects were there for an year or two but some lasted even a decade either through planet, sign or aspect. I realized this very late when i had already been used and dumped by some people who I had believed to be my true life long friends. My natal 11th is empty in terms of planets. It only has part of fortune. And I am not social at all. In fact I have never had a good friend or someone who I can rely on or share my thoughts with.

AppLeo

Thanks! I agree on Libra, for sure. My ex was a Libra and he spread himself really thin; he was a people pleaser. He also put up with a lot of **** and didn’t allow himself to get mad about it (held his feelings in) — he’d just act out in little passive aggressive ways. Poor guy. He could have done a lot with his life because he was very gifted but allowed his roommates who he was best friends with to keep him held back. They were all very codependent.

So sad ):

Sagcap88

Can fake friends also be seen in the 11th house of solar return. I noticed this three years ago that my social life trends could be seen from the SR 11TH house. And some placements and aspects were there for an year or two but some lasted even a decade either through planet, sign or aspect. I realized this very late when i had already been used and dumped by some people who I had believed to be my true life long friends. My natal 11th is empty in terms of planets. It only has part of fortune. And I am not social at all. In fact I have never had a good friend or someone who I can rely on or share my thoughts with.

Sometimes friends exiting your life is a sign that you’re growing spiritually. I know that I personally outgrew the people I hung around since I was young. It seems like a loss to some but if you’re woke, you realize that not every loss is really a loss.

I think it sounds like you’re a very sincere person. I’m sure it’s hard to be around most people because most people out there are pretty superficial. I can relate. I’d rather be alone than with people who aren’t real. I’ve gone through long chunks of time totally alone, aside from a few family members.

I also have PArt of Fortune in the 11th. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it?

GuyWithWeirdChart

I have some experience with this... I have a lot of Pisces in my chart with all of those Pisces planets in an 11th house stellium. All of the "fake friends" i've encountered had either a Leo Sun or Leo Mars , and usually a strong pluto influence such as Sun square Pluto, Scorpio Asc, Mars-Pluto aspects, etc.. as for why I attract them, I'm not sure... I have Pluto in the 7th house (Taurus Asc)...

I also have a tight Mars square Pluto, (Mars in the 11th house Pluto in the 7th)
So the house of friends and enemies connected?

What I have personally observed, is that a lot of Leo influenced people, particularly those that have it as their Sun or Mars have a tendency to use people for their own benefit.. It's all about them. It's their world. It's all about what they can gain. I have even witnessed some proudly boast about how they used him or her for this or that.. as if the people listening were supposed to be impressed. I'm sure they're not all like that. But Leo has definitely earned its spot as one of my least favorite signs. I never had any "fake friends" that didn't have Leo influence...

There were red flags, I simply chose to ignore them, as a Pisces I had a tendency to see the good in others rather than the bad.. I was too forgiving and I was naive. I've learned my lesson though.

Anyone that puts up a facade just to use someone for their own benefit lacks integrity and honor. Truly disgusting how selfish and cunning some people can be.

Last edited:

Sagcap88

I have some experience with this... I have a lot of Pisces in my chart with all of those Pisces planets in an 11th house stellium. All of the "fake friends" i've encountered had either a Leo Sun or Leo Mars , and usually a strong pluto influence such as Sun square Pluto, Scorpio Asc, Mars-Pluto aspects, etc.. as for why I attract them, I'm not sure... I have Pluto in the 7th house (Taurus Asc)...

I also have a tight Mars square Pluto, (Mars in the 11th house Pluto in the 7th)
So the house of friends and enemies connected?

What I have personally observed, is that a lot of Leo influenced people, particularly those that have it as their Sun or Mars have a tendency to use people for their own benefit.. It's all about them. It's their world. It's all about what they can gain. I have even witnessed some proudly boast about how they used him or her for this or that.. as if the people listening were supposed to be impressed. I'm sure they're not all like that. But Leo has definitely earned its spot as one of my least favorite signs. I never had any "fake friends" that didn't have Leo influence...

There were red flags, I simply chose to ignore them, as a Pisces I had a tendency to see the good in others rather than the bad.. I was too forgiving and I was naive. I've learned my lesson though.

Anyone that puts up a facade just to use someone for their own benefit lacks integrity and honor. Truly disgusting how selfish and cunning some people can be.
Omg you are so right! I thought about the people I know who use others and they do have prominent Leo and Pluto! A lot of the women have moon in Leo...they’re some of the worst I know. Of course, I’m not saying all moon in Leo women are that way. ;)

But yeah, thanks for your reply! You totally hit the nail on the head.

Fz hb

Interesting observation. But how do you get to know about their charts in such detail. Most people dont even know their time of birth. So how do you work out these details.

Fz hb

Sometimes friends exiting your life is a sign that you’re growing spiritually. I know that I personally outgrew the people I hung around since I was young. It seems like a loss to some but if you’re woke, you realize that not every loss is really a loss.

I think it sounds like you’re a very sincere person. I’m sure it’s hard to be around most people because most people out there are pretty superficial. I can relate. I’d rather be alone than with people who aren’t real. I’ve gone through long chunks of time totally alone, aside from a few family members.

I also have PArt of Fortune in the 11th. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it?

On the contrary I feel that I am the problem, not the people. Every situation has two sides. First, I am the one who choose to be with them and let them in my life. Although I am careful and usually move a little slow in every relationship but I am the one who made the decision to be friends with such people. Secondly if everyone acts in somewhat similar way around me then I guess it's something in my personality that makes them end their relationship with me. How do I figure out that particular thing that I am doing wrong.
One more thing I have been trying to figure out is that does having part of fortune in 11th means that people feel used by me for my advantage.

GuyWithWeirdChart

Omg you are so right! I thought about the people I know who use others and they do have prominent Leo and Pluto! A lot of the women have moon in Leo...they’re some of the worst I know. Of course, I’m not saying all moon in Leo women are that way. ;)

But yeah, thanks for your reply! You totally hit the nail on the head.

I haven't really met that many Leo moon individuals but it wouldn't surprise me, the ones that I have met did harbor some of the same traits. My ex girlfriend had a Leo Moon and I was definetly able to see some selfish traits and she was potentially just using me for attention. You just have to be really careful when meeting people, if you use your perception and trust your gut feelings rather than ignoring them you'll save yourself a lot of heart ache. All to often I think people just fail to cut people like this from their life and deal with it, the easiest people to take advantage of are those that overlook and forgive too much. In a way both people are at fault because ultimately you control who is in your life. It ***** that you have to always be on guard because of the bad apples that blend in with the rest... I think most humans are naturally selfish .. but true friendship does exist. Experiencing betrayl and realizing that you've come across some deceptive snake really makes you appreciate the people who are truly good. One aspect I suggest you watch out for is Sun square Pluto, a lot of the people who I've met with this aspect were pretty rotten to their core. Never let your guard down with them. They can be very underhanded, deceptive, and manipulative. Just have to realize that some people are just so pathetic that they will actually put forth effort into being fake. Friendship has always been very important to me as well as having integrity so I was caught off guard big time when I realized the type of people who were in my life, I just couldn't fathom how pathetic some people could be. "In sheep's clothing" is a good book to read that will help you understand people like this more.

Last edited:

love-thinking

What in a person’s natal might make them have a tendency to attract fake friends...people who don’t have their best intentions at heart but rather use them?

It’s a sad thing to see happen to someone you care about.

Sun, moon, venus in the 8th or 12th?

3rd house and 11th house lords with malefics but also neptune.

3rd and 11th house rulers in the 12th house.

And perhaps malefics in the 3rd and 11th house.

The first one, a lot of people will be surprised but I genuinely think it signifies fake people, fake friends, or people that just don't always like you. Why because two identity factors, ascendent and moon and/or sun are nothing like one another. So those that like your ascendent won't always like your sun(identity), or moon(emotional nature/reactions). On the other hand, you won't almost never like someone for their entirety nor would you like yourself for your entirety.

Sagcap88

Interesting observation. But how do you get to know about their charts in such detail. Most people dont even know their time of birth. So how do you work out these details.

I just tell people I know that I’m into astrology and ask them for their time and place of birth. Some don’t know. But most have been happy to find out. People tend to be curious about their charts.

I’ve dated a guy who wasn’t curious (total atheist) but liked me a lot so he spent hours...from like midnight to 4 a.m. digging through boxes in his parent’s house to find his birth certificate to show me his birth time. He texted me a picture of it as proof. Lol. He just did it to prove how willing he was to make me happy, which was sweet. We ended up having pretty good synastry and I cherish my memories with him but at the end of the day, he just didn’t do it for me because I really need to be with someone who I can grow with. He didn’t fit that bill. Sorry to ramble!

Sagcap88

Sun, moon, venus in the 8th or 12th?

3rd house and 11th house lords with malefics but also neptune.

3rd and 11th house rulers in the 12th house.

And perhaps malefics in the 3rd and 11th house.

The first one, a lot of people will be surprised but I genuinely think it signifies fake people, fake friends, or people that just don't always like you. Why because two identity factors, ascendent and moon and/or sun are nothing like one another. So those that like your ascendent won't always like your sun(identity), or moon(emotional nature/reactions). On the other hand, you won't almost never like someone for their entirety nor would you like yourself for your entirety.
I agree about the third house.
Maybe moon or Venus or other planets in the 3rd might make someone a social media addict who attracts fake friends who only casually stay in touch with them, say on Instagram. I know someone who does this. A lot of people do, actually...

Sagcap88

I haven't really met that many Leo moon individuals but it wouldn't surprise me, the ones that I have met did harbor some of the same traits. My ex girlfriend had a Leo Moon and I was definetly able to see some selfish traits and she was potentially just using me for attention. You just have to be really careful when meeting people, if you use your perception and trust your gut feelings rather than ignoring them you'll save yourself a lot of heart ache. All to often I think people just fail to cut people like this from their life and deal with it, the easiest people to take advantage of are those that overlook and forgive too much. In a way both people are at fault because ultimately you control who is in your life. It ***** that you have to always be on guard because of the bad apples that blend in with the rest... I think most humans are naturally selfish .. but true friendship does exist. Experiencing betrayl and realizing that you've come across some deceptive snake really makes you appreciate the people who are truly good. One aspect I suggest you watch out for is Sun square Pluto, a lot of the people who I've met with this aspect were pretty rotten to their core. Never let your guard down with them. They can be very underhanded, deceptive, and manipulative. Just have to realize that some people are just so pathetic that they will actually put forth effort into being fake. Friendship has always been very important to me as well as having integrity so I was caught off guard big time when I realized the type of people who were in my life, I just couldn't fathom how pathetic some people could be. "In sheep's clothing" is a good book to read that will help you understand people like this more.
Thanks! You’re very right! I’ll have to keep a lookout for sun square Pluto.