Synastry/Composite chart

Shimmy26

I feel somewhat greedy asking another question, but I suppose since I am just a beginner in astrology, that it's okay. I can only hope that when I get advanced enough I can return the favour :D

So this is a new relationship I am not too sure about, but I think I'll give it a go anyways. The only thing is is that I feel I am losing my independence, which is something I greatly value (I do have an Aquarius ASC conjunct my north node after all, and I'm sure the Aries moon has something to do with that). I always feel as if I'll end up alone in life, which is something I'm actually glad about, but I am thinking way too far ahead, so I'll focus on what's going on right now.

His chart: May 26th, 1988 at 5:30 PM , Langley, Canada
Mine: June 26th, 1989 at 11:47 PM , Vancouver, Canada

Any input at all on our charts together, either in composite or synastry, or anything else would be greatly appreciated, as always. :D

wilsontc

Staff member
Losing independence = relationship

Shimmy,

Relationships are all ABOUT "losing our independence"...in fact, that's a pretty good definition of "relationship"! ;) When we are in a relationship we have to be aware what the OTHER person wants, we have to make our schedules based on the OTHER person's needs, we have NO independence because all decisions are INTERdependent.

You have two challenges in making a relationship work. The first and most important is that your North node (future goals) is focused in the first house (being) conjunct your Ascendant (self). So your life is about moving AWAY from relationships and TOWARDS a focusing on yourself and your needs. Relationships, by definition, take you away from your own focus on your self. It sounds as if you are aware of this.

Two is that, in the synastry she has NO Venus (relationship) connections with the personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars) with her and you have only one Venus connection with her. The strongest connections between you are to your Sun (self-expression, also dating) indicating that this is more a dating situation than a relationship for you.

So maybe you just want to go out on a few dates and enjoy your time together without needing to HAVE a formal "relationship" with her.

Relating to dating,

Tim

Shimmy26

Thanks for your input wilson. Oh, and I'm not sure if you just misinterpreted or something, but I am a female, pondering on dating a male (I think I said "his chart"), but that doesn't matter. And another thing that has become very clear to me is his Pluto in the first house. Not to generalize, but people I've met with Pluto in the first frighten me greatly. I think I'll just stay away from this one. :wink: