Compensating for a weak Jupiter

Zarathu

Account Closed
I recently realized my Capricorn Jupiter is in the 6th house and Capricorn is the sign on the 6th house cusp. So nothing house or sign wise makes up for this doubley bad placement. I'm influenced by all the Jupiter signs as well so this affects me a bit more than most.

Any tips on things I can do, objects to have in my house, wear, etc to boost my Jupiter mojo? lol

First step is to find out if you really do have a weak Jupiter, and if its still weak. For that you would need to post a chart or borth data. If your Jupiter is weak, then this is what your sould provided for you in this life, so that you would learn to use planet energies that are strong, and learn in a new way rather than trying to replicate the past.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Natally..... your Jupiter is not weak nor is it of high friction. In fact Jupiter in your chart has the 2nd least friction planet in the chart. It has middle power

Sagittarius is the the 2nd strongest sign and the least friction sign in your chart. The 1st house is at the lower edge of the strength curve, but it has low friction too. Of course natally there is not a lot of friction in any of the houses.

If we look at your secondary progressed chart to see what challenges you might be experiencing now(as opposed to aptitudes and tendencies as shown by the natal chart)..... Its pretty much the same. Sagittarius loses much of its strength, but over all Jupiter is still pretty much as it was at birth.

This is using the well-researched and statistically developed system of Astrodynes.

Whatever you think is bothering you, IMO, you are blaming it on the wrong guy.

Z

P.S. :for more on the Astrodyne system, please go to my website in my signature below and scroll down on the left to ASTRODYNES/COSMODYNES.

Frisiangal

Here's my chart.

It's definitely weak natally by sign and house position.

Who says so?

You have a Moon in Sagittarius, ruler Jupiter. Moon has been there, done it, seen it, bought the video, worn the T-shirt. Jupiter aids in expanding what Moon automatically feels.

Capricorn can give your Jupiter talents the manifested structure to express themselves.

Jupiter is also the natural ' benefic provider of good health'. In the 6th house of physical discomforts, it could be a God send at keeping ill health at a distance(Capricorn!)

But these bog it down:

-a not so great mercury square at 5 degrees
-a semisquare with Mars at 1 and a half degrees
-and a quincunx with my ascendant at 4 degrees

I'd also include Sun square Jupiter, which would be significant with Sun in Jupiter's natural 9th house.

What seem like harsh aspects are actually challenges to make something of the soft aspects that can incline one to relax and not bother.

Jupiter can help you 'to do great things'.:wink:

M

may28gemini

In general, I don't think there's any way to "compensate" for a debilitated Jupiter (or Saturn) other than to work with whatever well placed planets you have.

The personal planets can be worked on (like detriment Venus or fallen Moon, etc.) because we're in greater touch with those areas of our conscious selves.
There's really no substitute for Jupiter or Saturn because those planets serve as foundations and unless you want to do a complete overhaul which is extremely drastic, I don't think that's going to happen.

In your particular case, I would suggest you use your Mars more as it's the final depositor of your Jupiter.

Cap (Jupiter)> Scorpio (Saturn)> Scorpio (Mars)> domicile Mars

Your Mars is essentially dignified as it is in domicile of Scorpio and is accidentally dignified because it's placed in an angular house (whole signs). Mars is a nocturnal planet and placed below the horizon giving it additional power. The answer to your question of what to do with fallen Jupiter is to utilize your well fortified Mars more often.

I don't believe in wearing Jupiter talismans and all that unless the native actually has a well placed/dignified Jupiter already.

Last edited:

demetraceres

For not to open new thread, may I ask for the similar case - Jupiter in Capricorn, but in the 2nd house, with tense aspects. Capricorn sign is generally considered favourable for material matters, so I don't understand how can it be disfunctional in the 2nd house. The further thing I don't understand is - Jupiter in tense aspects should symbolise exeggeration, and tense aspects from the 2nd house should mean spendthrifting - so how can this corespond to Capricorn sign. Does this placement symbolise a gap between material desires and reality or upbringing?

Could I get any hint from anyone?

Zarathu

Account Closed
For not to open new thread, may I ask for the similar case - Jupiter in Capricorn, but in the 2nd house, with tense aspects. Capricorn sign is generally considered favorable for material matters, so I don't understand how can it be dysfunctional in the 2nd house. The further thing I don't understand is - Jupiter in tense aspects should symbolize exaggeration, and tense aspects from the 2nd house should mean spendthrifting - so how can this correspond to Capricorn sign. Does this placement symbolize a gap between material desires and reality or upbringing?

Once again we say(over and over) if you don't post a chart or chart data there is no way to know anything about what you might be talking about---unless you just want the cookbook textbook definitions of one size fits all which is so NOT astrology that you are limited to whatever astrology is in the Ladies Home Journal.

M

may28gemini

For not to open new thread, may I ask for the similar case - Jupiter in Capricorn, but in the 2nd house, with tense aspects. Capricorn sign is generally considered favourable for material matters, so I don't understand how can it be disfunctional in the 2nd house. The further thing I don't understand is - Jupiter in tense aspects should symbolise exeggeration, and tense aspects from the 2nd house should mean spendthrifting - so how can this corespond to Capricorn sign. Does this placement symbolise a gap between material desires and reality or upbringing?

Traditionally, Jupiter is home in the 2nd house. However, because your Jupiter is fallen but in his own house... I would consider it something like a wounded animal hiding out in his secret cave and trying to hoard supplies. Ok, maybe that's an exaggerated imagery, but that's what I think of debilitated Jupiter when placed in his home.

M

may28gemini

Jupiter is a masculine and diurnal planet. Your Jupiter is badly debilitated because it's fallen, feminine, nocturnal (below the horizon), and placed in a malefic house.

Jupiter is meant to bonify other planets, and not the other way around. If Jupiter is debilitated/weaken, he cannot uplift the other planets.

poyi

Premium Member
I always think finding the final dispositor would be more reliable to see the true dignity. But then again when Jupiter is not in his own sign will always need to relay on other planets and will always be under their orders.

Edited spelling.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Makes sense.

I just went through my Saturn return, a single pass saturn return and everything is really starting to get dialed in, especially this past month. I've used Saturn quite a bit, but mars maybe even moreso.

Maybe Mars is the key to a lot of things for me. It also loosely semisquares Jupiter at 1'30 degrees.

You're probably pright about the foundation thing. But I'm thinking I may have more conscious access to Jupiter than most with it in a bad position since my South node is in Sag and my heavy Sag and Pisces influences, which are both Jupiter ruled signs.

As long as T Saturn is in Scorpio and your natal Saturn is in Scorpio, you're going through your Saturn's return. What you meant was that Saturn crossed your chart, and depending on what degree you have, it may be the first of such crossing as Saturn goes retrograde and still has until Sept 2015 to finish his trip through Scorpio.

Don't worry about Jupiter as you cannot change how Jupiter is in your chart. Work with what you've got and do the best you can. That's really all there is.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hey Zarathu, few questions...

Astrodynes lists Jupiter as my 4th strongest planet, only behind my moon, Uranus and merc. Does it only take aspects into account when calculating power? Or does it take sign and house position into account as well? Because my relatively unaspected mars is last under astrodynes even though it`s well positioned.

YES

Also on the astrodynes page on solar fire gold, the one where it shows the strongest planets it displays 3 columns:
1st power 2nd % 3rd H/D

What does the H/D stand for?

Harmodynes/Discordynes combination.
I call this Friction with the Environment

demetraceres

Once again we say(over and over) if you don't post a chart or chart data there is no way to know anything about what you might be talking about---unless you just want the cookbook textbook definitions of one size fits all which is so NOT astrology that you are limited to whatever astrology is in the Ladies Home Journal.

Just for clarification. This is the only case I didn't gave an example of my own chart. And it wouldn't be proper to post a chart.

Some time ago I've read a well known astrologer who was explaning the functioning of planets in fall or detriment. She gave an example of Jupiter in Gemini in few charts. With few examples she demonstrated how Jupiter in Gemini in its own house with favorable aspetcs can work just fine, and with similar example but including difficult aspetcs she demonstrated how the life of the native was troubled. This examples did not include observation of the whole chart.

M

may28gemini

Unsurprisingly I have a totally different view than this one.

IMO the Moon and the Sun are the foundations. With the Moon represening the soul itself and the sun representing the ego indentity. I'd say that trying to fix a debilitated sun or moon would be the most difficult since they actually represent the person him/herself more than anything else in the chart. To fix those the person would need to rebuild themselves completely, from scratch basically.

I think the planets themselves (excluding the lights) are all equally fixable. I don't think any are easier to fix than others, though my personals are all pretty strong so that's never really been an issue for me. Ppl I've known with afflicted personal planets (not lights) have definitely not had any easier a time overcoming them than ppl I've known with afflicted jupiters or saturns.

Sun and Moon are luminaries which is the "light" that make up the embodiment of the person, but the root foundation lies in Jupiter (spiritual) and Saturn (moral authority). When Sun or Moon or any of the other planets are lacking, a well placed Jupiter and/or Saturn have the power to uplift those planets, however, neither Sun nor Moon have the ability to take on Jupiter or Saturn if the heavyweights are in bad standing.

There's really no way to people to have an essentially dignified Sun other than having it in a Fire sign. Every other sign in Sun's position is peregrine or messed up like Aqua and Libra. The Moon is sensitive, and there's basically only 4 Moon signs that are able to exemplify the Moon's nature (Cancer domicile, Taurus exaltation, Virgo and Pisces are both well aspected to Moon's domicile and exaltation) while the majority of signs in the Moon are either inconjunct or peregrine.

Having well placed luminaries are quite helpful, but those who don't have well placed luminaries (and there will many more of those combos) can be "saved" if their Jupiter and/or Saturn redeems/mitigates the effects.

There are many reasons why people don't overcome afflicted personal planets, but the ability to overcome affliction lies within Jupiter and Saturn's powers, not the luminaries.

Last edited:

greybeard

To counter a weak Jupiter:

Jupiter is in the Sixth, the house of Pets.
Keeping an elephant in the house (Jupiter rules elephants) will draw Jupiterian energies toward you. You will need to Think Big with an elephant sharing your bed. The logistics of waste removal and food supply will occupy your time, so you won't be worrying about Jupiter so much.
I keep huge strands of garlic hanging over all windows and doors and there hasn't been a vampire in my house for over 15 years.

There may be an alternative, although I lean toward the elephant. Maybe you could take some positive Jupiterian traits (like compassion, nurture, healing, comfort, protection, advocacy, religious devotion and good works)...you know the litany...and develop and enlarge them, make them habitual (6th of Habits), build their strength within you by exercising them in some practical way (Capricorn, a practical Earth sign) in service of others (6th). But that's a lot of work.

It would be easier to use an amulet though. If you're not fond of elephants and don't want to do all that work serving others, maybe you could fill a tin can with acorns and wear it around your neck. Jupiter rules oak trees and the metal tin....but I bet you can't find a real tin can these days; aluminum would never do.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Maybe if you have a weak Jupiter, your life is telling you that this is not something you should spend your time with.

Rather than running upstream, your chart tells you where to put your efforts in this life. By putting a fence around Jupiter and saying, "I didn't make this strong for you because I want you to use other energies this time around", your higher self is telling you where to put your time. If you don't do it now, then you waste what real efforts and real support you've been given for this time around's life.

There aren't enough lives for everybody out there. There are 66.6 billion souls waiting to incarnate. You are lucky to have one. Don't waste it doing stuff you were not meant to do.

My opinion, of course.