Pluto/Venus in synastry

I know that pluto/venus aspects in synastry can indicate obsessiveness, secrecy, jealousy, desire, and indicate destiny or a karmic-type relationship, depending on what aspects are made.

My question is would pluto/venus aspects also indicate sexual compatibility or sexual repulsion, again depending on the aspects made, since pluto rules sex?

Thank you to anyone who answers this question.

freedomlover

astrofreak said:
I know that pluto/venus aspects in synastry can indicate obsessiveness, secrecy, jealousy, desire, and indicate destiny or a karmic-type relationship, depending on what aspects are made.

My question is would pluto/venus aspects also indicate sexual compatibility or sexual repulsion, again depending on the aspects made, since pluto rules sex?

Thank you to anyone who answers this question.

Yes, I think there can definitely be a sexual component to that aspect. There's also a possiblity of one or both trying to control or possess the other through sex.

If the two are of higher consciousness, Venus/Pluto can indicate deep emotional bonding and forgiveness - a very solid and steady love.

FL

I don't think it's fair to just look at one synastry contact and say that's all there is. You need to look at lots of things.....

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

When looking at a womans chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

Predicting marriage and/or having children can be done, but it is not easy, time consuming and intricate. There are lots of things to take into consideration like, secondary progressions, what interaspects one chart makes to another, Solar arcs, Solar returns, Transits etc

Venus conjunct other person's Pluto
There is a strong pull between these two that can be fascinating, intensely attractive, and yet also disturbing at times. These two share a deep emotional tie. The Pluto person seems to have a window into the Venus person's soul at times, and can use this special connection for better or for worse. As the relationship progresses, the Pluto person may behave in a possessive manner towards the Venus person. This is one indication of a karmic tie. This pairing of planets is one of the stronger indications of intense sexual attraction. This is a passionate connection, but should be managed so that it doesn't turn into a love-hate union. Obsessive behavior is also a possibility. The Pluto person may demand more intimacy than the Venus person is willing or capable of giving. This relationship seems to change and evolve, and can be characterized by many dramas and emotional ups and downs. Times of frustration are followed by enlightenment and release, as the bond these two share is not a light or superficial one whatsoever.

Venus in hard aspect (square, opposition, semi-square, or sesquiquadrate) to other person's PlutoIntense, and sometimes uncomfortable, attraction between these two can go either way fast. The expression "a fine line between love and hate" applies here. This connection is almost primal in nature. Sexual attraction is intense. These two will definitely need to deal with issues of possessiveness, jealousy, and volatile emotions. They arouse in one another some of their deepest insecurities, as there can be an intense fear of losing one another. This interchart aspect can sometimes be indicative of unrequited love or of a relationship that eventually breeds anger and even hatred. Power struggles and manipulation are quite possible. This is not a relationship to take lightly. If the relationship were to break up, it would be unlikely that the two would be able to remain "just friends", as the passion is hard to forget. Staying together may be a challenge as well! The Pluto person often seems to have the upper hand in this relationship, which can be unnerving and frustrating for the Venus person. Jealousies and manipulative behavior should be watched for and avoided as much as possible.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/venus_pluto_aspects.html

Have you tried a free composite chart
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though..
enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

milkywaygirl

i went on 2 dates with a guy whose venus was tightly conjunct my pluto. at the end of date 2 i realized i wasnt attracted to him physically or otherwise. i felt no connection to him in any way, in fact he really got under my skin and annoyed me. i felt repulsed, he felt the opposite and didnt like it at all when i told him that we would be better off friends, and ended up harassing me to the point where i had to call the cops on him.

moral of the story: venus pluto connects are powerful, but not always in the way you'd like them to be.

Well I know the conjunction can go either way, depending on the cross aspects to it, and also the natal charts, but I was speaking of the milder aspects (sextile and trine). That energy is not as harsh as the conjunction can be or the square and pluto are, although I think you're correct in thinking that one person could still not have the same attraction for the other person.

I know someone who has pluto trine my venus and he likes me a lot but I have no feelings of intimacy for him at all. I really like him as a friend but I am certain that he wants more.

Angelique

Hi there,

I've been interested in Pluto/Venus aspects in synastry/composites for quite some time now. I have NPluto in H7, and Venus cj Descendant (H6-knocking on Desc's door)

I've been going through some Pluto transits since 06' and they are still in full force--All of the men that I have been involved with have had some heavy Pluto connection in both Synastry and Composite.

First guy we had a Venus/Pluto conjunction and opposition & Mars/Pluto conjunction (I was going through a Pluto square Pluto transit) this was in '06.

Second guy was a Scorpio. He had Pluto cj Ascendant (my Pluto cj'd his Asc too) and in composite we had Venus/Pluto cj exact. That relationship was the start or trigger for my tPluto opp nSun transit (which is still in full force) very difficult, transformation, control issues, intense emotions. this was '08

Third guy (who is kinda in/out of the picture) we have a friendship but there has been some sexual tension& confusion with us. We have a Venus/Pluto cj and square in synastry. Also, my moon opp his pluto. In the composite Mars cj Uranus/Pluto.

Soo....I think it's really important to see if transiting Pluto is making any sort of hit to your natal chart. I think for me, because it's in N H7, I will feel it pretty **** hard. Plus, right now, I have N Sun opp T Pluto, T Uranus opp N Pluto, Progressed Venus cj N Pluto, and pretty soon, T Saturn cj N Pluto. WEEEEEeeeee. Oh yeah, and tomorrow, T Mars opp N Pluto. Wooo Hoooo.:eek:

I think if Pluto makes heavy aspects to your natal luminaries, on or ruler of any of your angles, and is making transits, than it's huge in synastry--but if it doesn't seem like that big of a hitter natally--it might not be as intense with your synastry aspects.

Angelique

winterseye

Hey Astrologer50,

I was thinking if you look at a woman's mars and a man's venus, then doesn't it make sense that a woman's mars positively aspecting (e.g. conjunct) a man's venus, is actually better than a man's mars conjunct a woman's venus?

Thanks.

Angelique

You know what? Something else I just realized...

the most recent men (3) in three years have all had Virgo rising (both my SNode and Pluto in Virgo H7) which has left them with Mars (Aries and traditional ruler of Scorpio) ruling H8!!!

eeenteresting.;)

Are there any men out there that have seen the Moon/Venus thing to be true about the women they are attracted to? Any good stories?

Oooohhh any Scorpio Moons/Venus that have good stories? Or H8 stuff???

:eek:)

Angelique

winterseye said:
Hey Astrologer50,

I was thinking if you look at a woman's mars and a man's venus, then doesn't it make sense that a woman's mars positively aspecting (e.g. conjunct) a man's venus, is actually better than a man's mars conjunct a woman's venus?

Thanks.

I think either way is really quite good, but again don't take just one contact from one chart to another as being succesful, you have to look at individual needs, 7th house any planets and aspects, 7th house ruler/aspects.

Yes, potentially it's great either way around..;)

MidnightxPoison

My Venus square's my male friend's Pluto and I'm in love with him.. almost obsessive. :S He doesn't seem as obsessed as me though.

Is it always just the Venus person who is totally obsessive, possessive and jealous or can it go both ways??

wilsontc

Staff member
birth chart, to Poison

Poison,

You said:
MidnightxPoison said:
My Venus square's my male friend's Pluto and I'm in love with him.. almost obsessive...Is it always just the Venus person who is totally obsessive, possessive and jealous

You also have to consider the birth chart as well. Since you have :pluto: (transformation, also control) :square: (energy needs to be combined with) :venus: (relationships) in your birth chart, you are a person who has a strong need to be in control in your relationships. This will be true in any relationship you are in.

Astro-basically,

Tim

MidnightxPoison

Re: birth chart, to Poison

wilsontc said:
Poison,

You said:

You also have to consider the birth chart as well. Since you have :pluto: (transformation, also control) :square: (energy needs to be combined with) :venus: (relationships) in your birth chart, you are a person who has a strong need to be in control in your relationships. This will be true in any relationship you are in.

Astro-basically,

Tim

Yes, I know. But does the Pluto feel obsessive too or is it just the Venus person? I mean, how mutual is it in synastry?

wilsontc

Staff member
Pluto, to Poison

Poison,

You asked:
MidnightxPoison said:
But does the Pluto feel obsessive too or is it just the Venus person? I mean, how mutual is it in synastry?

In order for :pluto: :square: :venus: to have any new "feeling" in the synastry it must not exist by itself in either person's chart. If anyone has this aspect in their chart, then that person is already used to :pluto: :square: :venus: energies in their life and are already "comfortable" with regularly using this energy in their relationships. If neither person has :pluto: :square: :venus: in their chart, then, in general, the :pluto: person will try to conrol the :venus: person. However, the entire chart has to be looked at as well to see for certain how the :venus: person acts in the relationship.

Explaining more,

Tim

Serendipity

Here's my take on the Venus/Pluto connections. Definitely swinging back and forth between attraction and repulsion. And I would say Venus is obsessive while Pluto is possessive

Lion o ness

I have Venus sq Pluto in my Natal chart.. Ive never felt the obsessive feelings for someone, unitl I met a Pisces, who also has Venus Sq Pluto in his Natal.. In synastry neither of us Venus touches the others Pluto.. BUT in the composite we have Moon conjunct pluto and then both moon/pluto is opposite venus.. In synastry we have a both way moon trine pluto...

This is the first time I have ever ever felt this deep.. Im not a young girl here.. I didnt even feel this way for my ex husband of 11 years..

But my transits could have alot to do with it also.. Current T.Pluto is opposite my venus.... Then my venus is sq my natal pluto.. At least I can keep it to myself. :bandit:

So my Pluto is all over my venus right now...

Baha

I have a Pluto opposition Venus in a synastry chart with a forbidden/unrequited love. I'm the Pluto he's the Venus.

He has Pluto sq Venus in his natal as well.

We have a bunch of other good/intense aspects but I think this one is the most felt, atleast on my part.

If the Pluto opp venus is responsible for the on/off obsessive feelings then all I can say is that it's a horrible thing to deal with and tough to shake off.

A few weeks can go by and I'm fine, then it hits me like a ton of bricks.

Not fun.

Vagabondgirl

I obviously had this aspect in synastry with my ex boyfriend! We were together 2,5 years before I broke it off. He has it natally. But natally I have Mercury conjunct pluto and Juno conjunct pluto if it matters? I think mercury is my chart ruler because of my Gemini AC, and it rules my mars,venus,moon in virgo stellium.

My ex has the T square with Moon(leo) opposite his venus (Aqua). His venus conjunct my jupiter (aqua) and square our plutos, my mercury/juno in scorpio. No Im into someone with the same T-square and same birth date. They also have Mars square saturn and to my saturn.... Maybe some weird Karma? The ex was too intense for me I felt, loved me more than the other way around. I think also he avoided the truth alot, so I usually gave him the hard facts, which he thought was brutal. He was very emotional. The other one with same birtdate seems very distant emotionally, almost like hiding something. And not super social.

There are also nodal contacts, at least moon square my NN, and my Saturn conjunct their SN.

I read somewhere else actually that some people that had natally venus/pluto contacts or had this with an ex had often met the astro-twin of the ex too....

Im actually starting to wonder if its something deep psychological???
Its also weird in another way, because I looked at my dads chart. And I see that he has similar hard aspects to my chart, as these 2 "astro twins" Like venus (in taurus) opposing my Mercury/Pluto conjunction, and his Pluto (leo) square my Mercury/pluto (scorpio) and my Jupiter in aqua creating a T-square or even almost grand cross with the rest of it! His Moon/Mars (aqua) also squaring my saturn. My sun square his NN, his NN on my IC. Then some hard oppositions from his Sun/mercury in pisces to my Mars/Venus/Moon in virgo. And his Saturn oppose my neptune. And his jupiter conjunct my mars/venus/moon in virgo....Looks very karmic to me. And I had a hard childhood, he was very strict with me. But I think the karma is resolved now, we have a different, much nicer relationship right now.

Here is the chart (without time/AC) of my ex and the other I kind of have plutonian "feelings" for (Moon, venus/jupiter, mercury/pluto T-square):

http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31251

And will post synastry with my dad (Venus oppose mercury/pluto- square pluto ++)

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

And heres the synastry of my dad and I.

Attachments

• D.jpg
    D.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 40

Arijana

Here's my take on the Venus/Pluto connections. Definitely swinging back and forth between attraction and repulsion. And I would say Venus is obsessive while Pluto is possessive

Bingo! Perfect way of putting it,as it is like this. I have this with someone,opp my Pluto to his Venus and his Pluto making aspects to my mars,saturn,moon,composte also heavy pluto,aspecting nearly everything that matters lol.

and it is like that,hes the one that sends messages always and Im the one that is supposedly cool ( key word-in control) but Lord am I possesive about him,not to mention jealous.