11th house moon mother ?

Chrysalis

Using Moon to represent the mother, if someone has an 11th house moon could we say that the natives mother was more like a friend than a mother to them, or even both i suppose.

katydid

Or it could be that Mom volunteered in a lot of community organizations or spent a lot of time with friends or organizations. And may have been more about 11th house concerns, like appearances, networking, social causes, than her family.

A lot will depend upon the sign and the aspects to the Moon though. If well placed and well aspected then Mom might be a positive influence on the child, teaching about social needs and causes.

If poorly placed and stressfully aspected it might mean the child felt that Mom cared more about her friends and social activities than she did about her kid.

ALSO, keep in mind that one woman, as a mother, might have several kids, and each might have varying Moons, describing different 'mothers.' So the Moon is very much indicative of how the child EXPERIENCED the Mother and not necessarily exactly how she really was.

sibylline

Using Moon to represent the mother, if someone has an 11th house moon could we say that the natives mother was more like a friend than a mother to them, or even both i suppose.

It depends. I have seen it mean both, more often but interpretations don't always have to follow those lines...Here are a few I can think of, from the top of my head.

Cancer Moon in 11th (singleton), opposite Mars, square Mercury, in grand water trine: Was raised by a single mother who was/is best friend, mother is very social and outgoing, always had tons of maternal family members and friends around while growing up.

Aries Moon in 11th, trine Venus: Mother was close and encouraged them to make their mark on the world. Would involve them in tons of social activities from a young age and served as number one cheerleader.

Pisces Moon in 11th, apex of t-square; square Neptune opposite Venus: Mother was in a cult and raised them in a cult. Was strict and diligent about passing down religious values to them, which were subsequently shed. Mother encouraged feedback from others as a means of understanding oneself and paid attention to appearances/projecting the right image.

Chrysalis

As theres a few possible interpretations i thought id be better to post the chart.

https://imgur.com/a/B7izg (had to use imgur as couldnt upload on here for some reason)

Its my friends Son, she asked me to look at his chart. The reason i asked about 11th house, is because she is a single mum like Sibylline mentioned about the singleton cancer moon in 11th...but the moon in this chart isn't a singleton.

I asked if 11th could mean friend, as she is a really laid back mum with him, and they are like best friends too, they get on really well together. He doesn't have his Dad around, he's never met him actually (due to circumstances out of her control) ,so she's also a Dad to him too.

Because the moon is making squares to venus/jupiter though, im not too sure ...going on what Katydid mentioned about If poorly placed and stressfully aspected it might mean the child felt that Mom cared more about her friends and social activities than she did about her kid.

The moon is stressly aspected here, but to my knowledge she hardly ever has friends around shes more of an introvert, i hardly ever even see her anymore and she doesn't even have many family members she's around. Social activities, she is into a few things like astronomy and photography, she also works from home so is on the computer a lot, and she does Calligraphy and reads that's about it.

So with the squares im taking it this not a good placement for the moon in the 11th ?

sibylline

So with the squares im taking it this not a good placement for the moon in the 11th ?

He's still young; we don't know how the relationship between them will grow or change. So I don't feel comfortable drawing any conclusions yet. I will say the squares to Venus and Jupiter are very wide. The Moon-Pluto square is impactful, being exact in orb, but I often see Moon-Pluto with males who are close to their mothers.