Astrology is divination! (Loosing my faith)

Saturnian

Will getting a PhD guarantee you that you're going to have a nice life?Or that you'll find the job you desired? and etc. etc.

You're really doing it wrong.You can't have astrology or anything other of that kind decide for the life that YOU control.Planets are just some things that you could say "interract" with us.
You don't interract the same with all people,not do they interract the same with just you.

For answers concerning your life decisions you should turn to a guide to show you that you have to trust yourself,not turn to astrology for making YOUR decisions just cause you don't feel you can take the initiate.

But you have to realize that life can never be predicted.It can be "almost" predicted,but never actually can.Even sciences make mistakes.We've heard scientists say this and that will happen in the future from FACTS,but hey...why have so many of them failed?Is it cause they were incapable of doing a good research?Or is it that life itself is full of surpises.Some of their theories have come true,others have not.Yet why do we still call it science when in the end it's not as accurate as we believe to be and disappoints us?Should we lose faith in science just cause it doesn't go our way?

You can believe whatever you want,but I'd advice you that you think better of what you're gonna say next time.

Sorry,I might have been a little too aggressive...

raspberri

It's funny how you mention twins arent the same when they are called 'twins'....

They are the same, they look the same, they have the same bodies and everything. They really are, underneath, the same...

It takes a certain bit of intuitive skill to understand how astrology works not everything is black and white.. I understand where you are coming from however, because I sometimes wish that astrology never became apart of my life. It seems that given how much I know about it, it will continue to be forever whether I like it or not.

I do believe in astrology though, I think that my life experience has been so far backed up by it. I mean I met the love of my life when his Progressed Venus was conjunct his Natal Sun in the 6th house and we met at work. My last name asteroid in his chart is in exact opposition to his Sun symbolizing me ever clearer. My Sun/Moon midpoint is opposing his Sun exact as well.

I mean there are just too many things to mention that can prove that astrology is a real and true art. Some people just don't like it.. I mean its no fun 'knowing' everything all the time.

Just do what works for you but I'm telling you from experience that if you know alot about astrology it will never be able to leave you... You will always come back to it. It's like bondage.. to sin.

templeton

virgo18 said:
I am losing my faith in Astrology. I don't want to offend no one that believes blindly in this stuff.:mad:
I believe in it but I'm not a deep student. I'm more of a free will believer but also think that major life events are predetermined, and set in motion
before hand. The two are not mutually exclusive. We are presented with choices and roadblocks in life. It is up to us to choose which path we wish to take. It is your decision to make, don't blame jupiter quincunx uranus transit if you ***** up. Be a man and own your mistakes. Or if you are a woman, do whatever it is that you women do.

I think you need to be careful when you dabble in the dark arts, if you immerse yourself too deeply you run the risk of falling off the deep end. It is not always wise to view everything through an astrological lens, it's important to keep a healthy perspective as well. I am a practical person and don't identify with the spiritualist or hippie. I don't do yoga or meditation. I think people who do these sorts of activities should be rounded up and shot. Let's rid ourselves of prentiousness from society so we can build a better future for our children.

Cheers

MSO

Just do what works for you but I'm telling you from experience that if you know alot about astrology it will never be able to leave you... You will always come back to it. It's like bondage.. to sin.

Can I quote this in my sig? Lol. So true.

piscesnurse

A wise man rules his stars,
and a fool is ruled by them."
i do beleive in astrology it is like a fingerprint ~one of a kind ~I have seen to much to disprove it I believe it shows where our talents ~strengths~ personality traits and weakness are but we also have to live our life to the best of our ability with what we know

virgo18

Will getting a PhD guarantee you that you're going to have a nice life?Or that you'll find the job you desired? and etc. etc.

You're really doing it wrong.You can't have astrology or anything other of that kind decide for the life that YOU control.Planets are just some things that you could say "interract" with us.
You don't interract the same with all people,not do they interract the same with just you.

For answers concerning your life decisions you should turn to a guide to show you that you have to trust yourself,not turn to astrology for making YOUR decisions just cause you don't feel you can take the initiate.

But you have to realize that life can never be predicted.It can be "almost" predicted,but never actually can.Even sciences make mistakes.We've heard scientists say this and that will happen in the future from FACTS,but hey...why have so many of them failed?Is it cause they were incapable of doing a good research?Or is it that life itself is full of surpises.Some of their theories have come true,others have not.Yet why do we still call it science when in the end it's not as accurate as we believe to be and disappoints us?Should we lose faith in science just cause it doesn't go our way?

You can believe whatever you want,but I'd advice you that you think better of what you're gonna say next time.

Sorry,I might have been a little too aggressive...

Dont worry... i don't cafe if people get aggressive... I will say anything that comes to my mind, anyways and when I want.... and you will say it too.
We will never ever find the truth of life anyways... no matter if we believe in astrology, buddhism, or in christian-catholic religion.

virgo18

Re: Astrology is divination? (Losing my faith)

Oh, where to begin? Firstly, astrology is a discipline of study. The positions of the planets at a particular moment aren't random. In fact, astrology is built around their predictability. Each wheel in the astrological clock turns at its own rate, with its own peculiarities. Reading useful information out of the relationships between them is astrology. The planets are not gods that dictate human condition, but they can be used as indicators of qualities. Every human has free will. In fact, we are supposed to be learning to lead the planets, not be lead by them. To use astrology to try to find the easiest time to do something makes you a subject of the planets. All of the things in Life worth accomplishing are difficult, not easy. One of the really big problems with modern usage is that people expect astrology to answer many questions that it was never supposed to address in the first place. Astrology has correct and incorrect applications. Astrology is not divination. Perhaps the act of interpretation could be seen as divination, but the astrology itself is nothing but calculation. It's all number-crunching until you start to interpret it. Math doesn't lie, including the statistics that prove the principle of rectification.

The point of "natalisation," the time when astrological tendencies crystalise in an individual (the correct time of the natal chart), is a variable point between the first breath and about 4.5 hours prior to the first breath. This means that if you use the first breath time, the houses could be off by two whole signs. The process of rectifying a birth time starts from the qualities of a person and the first breath time, and ticks the clock backward throughout that 4.5 hour window to find the chart that matches 100%. Normally, you can narrow that window down to an hour or less by simple observations. If you rectify a birth time correctly, you will have a chart that is 100% functional, accurate, and true. If you do not rectify, then your chart is "fuzzy." Without rectification, nobody gets a chart that is 100% accurate. Most people can get most information right without rectifying, but some people must have their birth time rectified or the chart won't make any sense at all. Nearly all charts used by modern astrologers are flawed in some way.

Further, you shouldn't get me started on how much astrology is in the Bible. Generalisations about "Christian trolls" don't help the conversation. Also, He isn't that hard to contact. He wants to commune with you. You're the only thing that's stopping it.

Maybe my Uranus in the ascendant squaring sun and mars... make my future uncertain... LOL

phott

Hi there,

Loosing your faith in astrology?

you shouldn't have put your faith in it in the first place. Don't put faith in anything but in LIFE (because you exist) and in YOURSELF (because you're the one living that life, walking through it, absorving, changing, deciding).

Astrology is just a tool, not a complete and perfect knowledge, it is hard to grasp in many ways...just like regular science is in some areas. Mystery remains in every subject, no matter how deep and certain it may seem, we just dive closer and closer to the absolute truth but never know it all, if we did, what the hell for did we live anyway. Earth was once flat, now we know better.

I see great validity in natal charts, they do seem do describe our psyches, our default mode that surfaces more and more as we grow and as we become more who we are, a blueprint of our DNA patterns somehow. Natal charts seem to me as our "zero point" from which we decide to grow and explore to expand into a new being. We are here first to be who we are and then explore this reality and decide who we want to be next, what kind of energy do we want to be next. Through life our "zero point" will be stimulated or pressured in order to change or actualize itself. CHANGE is the law in every corner of the known universe, but you get to decide how you change, that's your free will, your greatest POWER.

I do think that prediction tools result in bondage of the free will somehow if we do not approach it the right way. We can get really fixated in what some tarot reader or astrologer said to us and forget to tune with our own feelings and inner guidance.

Remember, you are who you are, with or without astrology, astrology reflects you, not you who reflects astrology (that is my view anyway). You may study astrology, explore it, have fun with it, but do not get stucked with it or by it, because you may forget that you have free will and limit yourself to the limitedness of astrology perspective on your life. The answers are all within you and never outside of you, although we all look for answers outside, it is easier somehow, to play out a scripted life instead of creating our own and face the fear of the unknown and co-creative responsability.

Astrology intrigues and amazes me, sometimes lightens my dramas, helps me accept myself like nothing else, gives me hope because it shows me the possible cycles of change, gives me a broader view of my life and my relation to all that exists and to existence itself.

There are bad, regular, good and extraordinary astrologers, so we may hear many different things. But astrology will always be more than any astrologer, because of it's own multi-dimensional nature as a discipline of mistery, always incomplete.

Put that faith in yourself, always. :)

namaste