What is a participating ruler and tiplicity

cancergirl77

Hi What exactly is a partcipating ruler for example: Aries Triplicity is sun in the day jupiter in the night and saturn is a participating ruler. How do we reach that conclusion? I do not really grasp the concept of why with water triplicities of cancer scorpio and pisces is mars??? Thanks!

dr. farr

"participating" means a co-ruler or "minister" to the ruler whether in a day or night chart. The qualities/influences of that planet "participate" with those of the day or night ruler of the given triplicity.
In the question by the OP:
-in a diurnal chart Sun would be the ruler and Saturn (participating) would be co-ruler or "minister" of the Sun
-in a nocturnal chart Jupiter would be the ruler and Saturn (participating) would be co-ruler or "minister" of Jupiter

Last edited:

dr. farr

Just passing on the Hellenist teachings on this subject, for those who want to know about them; actually, although I use triplicity concepts and the tripliciy lords for certain specific delineative applications, I don't follow much with the intricacies re to "ruler/co-ruler/minister" considerations, reagrding triplicities, in my own astrological analyses and interpretations.