Houses of Increasing and Decreasing Fortune

Moog

I'm reading Vedic alongside traditional material. I encountered this concept of Upachaya and Apachaya, which is basically houses where planets increase in strength over time, and houses where planets decrease in strength over time.

I think I vaguely recall this concept from Western material before, but I can't remember where. I think it was called houses of increasing and decreasing fortune. I would like to remember so I can study those sources for comparison purposes.

Can someone steer me right?

JUPITERASC

I'm reading Vedic alongside traditional material. I encountered this concept of Upachaya and Apachaya, which is basically houses where planets increase in strength over time, and houses where planets decrease in strength over time.

I think I vaguely recall this concept from Western material before, but I can't remember where. I think it was called houses of increasing and decreasing fortune. I would like to remember so I can study those sources for comparison purposes.

Can someone steer me right?
Moog, perhaps you remembered the DEGREES of Increasing Fortune - a Traditional astrological concept of "Zodiac Degree Influences" - fortunately, Deborah Houlding has illustrated these clearly in tabular form for us for each Degree of each Sign of the Zodiac: the abbreviation "I.F." means "Increasing Fortune" ... the question of whether these degree influences are historically originally either sidereal or tropical is an interesting one! http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deginf1.html:smile:

Moog

Bingo, JUPITERASC! I think that's almost certainly what it was.

Mystery solved! :biggrin:

Good point about the degree systems and the different zodiacs... I'll need to recheck a few things.