The Houses of Sex, Around the Zodiacal Wheel

Bunraku

Since the 8th house rules deep and penetrative sex, soul-to-soul contact, and the 5th rules casual sex, does this mean there are other houses that rule sex?

For example, the 12th house also rules hidden pleasures and spirituality and is associated with karma. One can have karmic/spiritual sex.The 8th house can include physical and spiritual, but the 12th is purely spiritual.

The 7th house can be the house of marital bonding and sex in that regard. It’s important to note that just because the people are married doesn’t mean it’s deep or soul connecting. 2nd house as the house of Taurus has significance to sexual pleasures especially regarding the throat

1st house is sex engrossed with the self. The 3rd is about communication and the internet and is one of the early signs so it’s also about masturbation, the 4th is privately at home, and the 6th is the curing of the body via sex (tantra). The 9th makes one explore boundaries and sex with a more open mind. 11th is purely communal- the ancients often had orgies (9th religion -11th group are sextile).

the 10th is with the higher figure, and the 4th is with the lower figure ; father and mother of the cosmos creating the divine tree of life. 10th in real life can be associated with climbing the social ladder, sex with superior, and the 4th can be sex at home, and for the darker side incest.

Cupid Arrow

[QUOTEnraku;731555]Since the 8th house rules deep and penetrative sex, soul-to-soul contact, and the 5th rules casual sex, does this mean there are other houses that rule sex?

For example, the 12th house also rules hidden pleasures and spirituality and is associated with karma. One can have karmic/spiritual sex.The 8th house can include physical and spiritual, but the 12th is purely spiritual.

The 7th house can be the house of marital bonding and sex in that regard. It’s important to note that just because the people are married doesn’t mean it’s deep or soul connecting. 2nd house as the house of Taurus has significance to sexual pleasures especially regarding the throat

1st house is sex engrossed with the self. The 3rd is about communication and the internet and is one of the early signs so it’s also about masturbation, the 4th is privately at home, and the 6th is the curing of the body via sex (tantra). The 9th makes one explore boundaries and sex with a more open mind. 11th is purely communal- the ancients often had orgies (9th religion -11th group are sextile).

the 10th is with the higher figure, and the 4th is with the lower figure ; father and mother of the cosmos creating the divine tree of life. 10th in real life can be associated with climbing the social ladder, sex with superior, and the 4th can be sex at home, and for the darker side incest.[/QUOTE]

Where did you read this at?

Bunraku

[QUOTEnraku;731555]Since the 8th house rules deep and penetrative sex, soul-to-soul contact, and the 5th rules casual sex, does this mean there are other houses that rule sex?

the 10th is with the higher figure, and the 4th is with the lower figure ; father and mother of the cosmos creating the divine tree of life. 10th in real life can be associated with climbing the social ladder, sex with superior, and the 4th can be sex at home, and for the darker side incest.

Where did you read this at?[/QUOTE]

This forum and some astrological blogs

Frisiangal

TBH I've never thought of 'sex' as representing any house but as means of expression.
The 'what' and 'how'. That makes it a planet in a sign for me.
Would the 'why' place it in a house?

david starling

Since the 8th house rules deep and penetrative sex, soul-to-soul contact, and the 5th rules casual sex, does this mean there are other houses that rule sex?

2nd House could mean you're paying for it. 8th House could mean someone else is paying you for it. Either way, sex for money. "Paying for it" and "getting paid for it" includes wining and dining, entertainment, and expensive gifts, not necessarily prostitution.
11th House could include "Friends with Benefits", not necessarily communal.

Last edited:

muchacho

Traditionally the 7th, of course.

According to 'The Rulership Book' sexual intercourse is connected to the 5th, not 8th.

Last edited:

Abby83

I honestly see the 8th house as most effective when it comes to predicting sex. Eg: when I do diurnals, the 8th house has always predicted me having sex with my husband. The 5th house to me has always ruled flirting, dating, courtship and fun. Aspects to eros has also been very effective for foreplay.

Abby83

Want to post some charts, Abby? If you’re comfortable that is.

Sure. Last weekend. Here is the diurnal. 8th house ruler conjunct me, Jupiter. Wonderful sex. 7th ruler also receiving me. It shows mercury to be in fall, but there most definitely wasn't a problem. It was quite good. The planetary position also describes the type of sex. Libra (love and relationship between two ppl) moon (emotionally fulfilling) Jupiter (expands). I've got another one for you when I conceived my son.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_15_25th_nov_23431_57076.jpg
    astro_2gw_15_25th_nov_23431_57076.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Abby83

This is the diurnal for when I conceived my son. The sex was based on fantasy of husband being a teenage sports player in the locker rooms (don't laugh) with emphasis on manly parts. (8th and 5th are in aries together). Both are in natal 5th. Dirunal asc ruler Jupiter (me) in same house, although not a close conjunction.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_15_25th_feb_10015_27221.jpg
    astro_2gw_15_25th_feb_10015_27221.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Abby83

This one was my favourite one of the yr. After a day out I had fantasies of a scene from a movie. My husband loved it. Themes included bondage, submission, woman taken advantage of. I guess those themes are the venus trine pluto?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_15_10th_may_10525_16342.jpg
    astro_2gw_15_10th_may_10525_16342.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 26

Abby83

This last one was also one of my favourites. Peaceful surrounding outdoors on a hilltop overlooking the city. Asc and 8th rulers are the same in libra.

I just noticed that in all of these charts the 5th house ruler is involved as well. It doesn't just have to be the diurnal 5th ruler. But my natal 5th ruler is Jupiter/Neptune in sag. So sometimes ill see a few connections to that natally as well or ill just see Jupiter involved there somewhere. One thing for sure is that 8th house ruler is also involved. So I see both. I have natal 5th and 8th aspecting each other so I'm guessing this is why they are always involved in my diurnals. Id be interested to see other ppl's experiences.

Also, I will add that in today's diurnal, there was a semisextile. I didn't know that would count but it obviously does. But it was a quickie if im aloud to say that.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_15_17th_sept_11691_747.jpg
    astro_2gw_15_17th_sept_11691_747.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

craft94

I have an interesting chart! I'll PM if anyone wants to see it. The 5th house is strongly emphasized.

Last edited:

Claire19

Traditionally the 7th, of course.

According to 'The Rulership Book' sexual intercourse is connected to the 5th, not 8th.

Orgasm is the 8th house. It would also be secret sex and taboo. 5th is for romance and casual sex or at least unmarried sex. The 7th is partnership that is committed and/or legal. Most people who marry have sex so yes.

Claire19

This one was my favourite one of the yr. After a day out I had fantasies of a scene from a movie. My husband loved it. Themes included bondage, submission, woman taken advantage of. I guess those themes are the venus trine pluto?

Venus trine Pluto is the softer expression and for willing participation in bondage or mock rape. Now if Neptune is in the mix than yes the movie involvement.

Claire19

I honestly see the 8th house as most effective when it comes to predicting sex. Eg: when I do diurnals, the 8th house has always predicted me having sex with my husband. The 5th house to me has always ruled flirting, dating, courtship and fun. Aspects to eros has also been very effective for foreplay.

What orb do you use for Eros as it is not a planet? It would have to be tight.
If Venus is in the 8th or connected then that is the partner and sex.

Claire19

TBH I've never thought of 'sex' as representing any house but as means of expression.
The 'what' and 'how'. That makes it a planet in a sign for me.
Would the 'why' place it in a house?

The houses are crucial for area of experience. Sex belongs to the 8th house with orgasm etc. A planet in a sign is only part of the picture. For instance if you have Mars in Scorpio but it is in the 10th house then it would deal with your career aspirations and involvement with powerful corporations. You may have to deal with sexual issues there but not necessarily.