Will I be a published author?

07.Re

I would like to write and publish a book (or two). I asked the question "Will I be a published author" and cast a chart.

Because the chart shows Aquarius Asc, I looked to see where Saturn was (8H). I also looked at the 9th house (for publishing) and as Venus rules Libra, noticed that Venus is also in the 9th house. I could see no aspect between Saturn and Venus so looked at the moon. The moon is in a late degree Taurus and quincunx Venus - this puzzles me because we aren't supposed to use this aspect in horary. I also noticed that the POF is conjunct Regulus in the 7th house. Spica, is also close to Venus but not conjuct. Does this indicate a "no" answer - something like "close but no cigar"?

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_15_will_i_be_a_published_author_79410_1912.gif
    astro_2gw_15_will_i_be_a_published_author_79410_1912.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

07.Re

You've still got Venus on Arcturus - not quite the power of Spica but none too shabby - and yes, Fortuna on Regulus is Very Significant.

I'm a bit concerned about Moon on Algol as that tends to be a very nasty star, and Moon ruling your 6th could indicate difficult working conditions, or getting overanxious about things, and I'd like to see Mercury in better condition. But the fixed stars may be enough to bring it about. With Sun on the MC, I can see how much you want to shine.

Now, Sun rules 7, which is partnerships (and could be book negotiations, too), and with Mars on the 7th cusp, some of the anxiety may be over the haggling with an agent or publisher, as well as concern over upsetting the domestic applecart. Having Saturn, your ruler, in 8, would tend to emphasise the 'fear and anguish of mind' aspect of the whole thing - you don't think you can do it.

Jupiter on the ascendant argues against that. It has dignity by term, and term can indicate talent. It's not a strong dignity, it may not feel horribly comfortable at times but I do think you could pull it off.

My guess as to what would happen given the Sun, with Mercury combust on the MC is that you might have the bad luck to be published just as the latest best-seller is being published - you might get eclipsed, so to speak. But then we have Regulus on Fortuna again, and fixed stars do act.

Given that Mercury's about to go cazimi as I type this, I'd say go for it. If you find the domestic situation to be too much (Mars on 7, Moon on Algol), you can always put it aside for a while, but I think it's worth a shot.

A historical novel featuring a king (Regulus. Sun on MC), murder and mayhem (Algol), and exploration, discovery and riches (Arcturus), being held by a woman (Venus)? Sun rules 7, is she beautiful but Machiavellian? Will he have to marry her?

Could be fun. If you want to do it, start now. Seriously.

Thanks Olivia - there is so much information in that reading. It also shows the importance of using the stars when viewing / reading horary charts. Thanks for opening my eyes to this... another new thing I have learnt about astrology today :happy:

I need to challenge myself to see it through to the end (whatever that may be). Before, I would have backed out of doing something just because there were red flags or because it looked too hard to face... now I will face the challenge head on and use it as a learning experience. At this stage, I would be happy to publish a book whether it means being pipped to the post by another best-seller.

From my understanding of your reading, it looks like it could be positive but not without crossing some hurdles first.

Thanks again... It is much appreciated.

Just as an afterthought, I have Chiron in 7H in my natal chart quintile MC. I wonder if writing a book is part of fullfilling that mission?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20329

Courtney Love

Most people won't go past the fact that the moon is void of course... Also you're asking if you'll be published, which is represented by the 9th house... you as Saturn make no aspect to venus, and again, co-ruler of the question, the moon is void of course.

07.Re

Most people won't go past the fact that the moon is void of course... Also you're asking if you'll be published, which is represented by the 9th house... you as Saturn make no aspect to venus, and again, co-ruler of the question, the moon is void of course.

Quote:
Void of Course Moon - when the moon will make no major aspects before leaving the sign it is in. Its interpretation is that nothing will happen in respect of the question asked. The exceptions to this, which are only applied if the chart generally looks promising, are if the moon is in Cancer or Taurus (its dignity and exaltation and therefore strong) or in Sagittarius or Pisces (the exaltation of the benefics Jupiter and Venus).
From aquamoonlight.com

RayAustin

It's silly not to consider a chart any further because the moon is void of course. I've casted many horary charts that had a void moon--and surprise! I still got what I wanted. It is in no way shape or form an automatic no, especially if it is in the sign of a benefic or a sign like Taurus, Moon's exaltation.

It takes time to be a published author. A void moon can also simply suggest that it takes a long time before you arrive at your goal.

Your ninth house is looking very good. It looks like the lord is conjunct Spica, and dignified in its own sign. Venus is separating from a trine to the ascendant/Jupiter your co-ruler (which also rules books), so in my opinion you are already on your way.

Last edited:

07.Re

And since Mercury is officially in cazimi now, why are you not writing??? :D

:biggrin: LOL!

Unfortunately I have these things called bills which need to be paid and I find that being in paid employment generally helps to take care of this (until someone comes knocking on my door with a publishing contract that is...) :wink: