Lottery tickets

mdinaz

So, I have a bunch of lottery tickets to go through. When would be the best time to check them out - right before a new moon or before a full moon? Moon making particular aspects in the sky (Moon trine Jupiter, etc) or making aspects to my particular planets? Recently I've had transiting Uranus sextile my Jupiter while transiting Jupiter has been sextile both Jupiter and Uranus, so I've stockpiled. The oldest one expires in 3 weeks so I need to check soon. Any suggestions welcome.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Though I have no reference for this, I feel the time to elect for for lottery tickets would have been the time of purchase. However, I would strengthen your Lord of the Second and put Jupiter on the Ascendant with an unafflicted Moon.

Good luck!

JUPITERASC

So, I have a bunch of lottery tickets to go through. When would be the best time to check them out - right before a new moon or before a full moon? Moon making particular aspects in the sky (Moon trine Jupiter, etc) or making aspects to my particular planets? Recently I've had transiting Uranus sextile my Jupiter while transiting Jupiter has been sextile both Jupiter and Uranus, so I've stockpiled. The oldest one expires in 3 weeks so I need to check soon. Any suggestions welcome.
As Kaiousei no Senshi has mentioned, the time to elect is at the time of purchase.
Though I have no reference for this, I feel the time to elect for for lottery tickets would have been the time of purchase. However, I would strengthen your Lord of the Second and put Jupiter on the Ascendant with an unafflicted Moon.

Good luck!
Kaiousei no Senshi, if you had been electing for the purchase of tickets,
rather than the checking of the tickets, would your advice have been essentially the same?

By the way, I understand that, unless natal promise indicates luck with this form of endeavor
one is unlikely to be successful, despite 'perfect elections'
Nevertheless
It's fun to experiment and could be rewarding
:smile:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hi Jup,

Kaiousei no Senshi, if you had been electing for the purchase of tickets,
rather than the checking of the tickets, would your advice have been essentially the same?

Yes, probably. I would have liked to know the identity of the natal Second house Lord, but electing for general fortuitous placements would work just fine while keeping in mind general significators for wealth.

By the way, I understand that, unless natal promise indicates luck with this form of endeavor
one is unlikely to be successful, despite 'perfect elections'

I could go on a long diatribe about the lost art of electional astrology, but I will restrain myself. ;) Natal promises may not indicate someone obtaining sudden, instant wealth, but lotteries are filled with several lesser prizes which good elections can lead them towards.

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup,

Yes, probably. I would have liked to know the identity of the natal Second house Lord, but electing for general fortuitous placements would work just fine while keeping in mind general significators for wealth.

I could go on a long diatribe about the lost art of electional astrology, but I will restrain myself. ;) Natal promises may not indicate someone obtaining sudden, instant wealth, but lotteries are filled with several lesser prizes which good elections can lead them towards.
Certainly electional astrology is apparently ignored for some reason
I have Sahl ON ELECTIONS
would you recommend any other texts in particular?

As for the long diatribe
- that would be fun
and most instructive as well to read
:smile:

dr. farr

Robson's "Electional Astrology" (but you probably already have that) I will mention that electional astrology (called "muhurtha") is very strongly emphasized in jyotish, with several quite extensive contemporary books (based on their classics) available in English...