Composite chart - jealous & possessive?

good morning everyone!

I try to study the composite chart of my bf nd me, thought I might post it here, add the facts that I studied till now and ask you guys for further insight.

sun: sagittarius
as: gemini
mc: pisces
moon/saturn/uranus/neptune: capricorn (same as in my natal chart)
mercury/venus/pluto: scorpio
mars/node: aquarius
jupiter: gemini
fortune: leo
juno: libra
lilith: libra
vesta: sagittarius
pallas: pisces
ceres: taurus

1st house: jupiter, chiron
2nd house:
3rd house:fortune
4th house: juno
5th house: pluto, lilith
6th house: sun, mercury, venus
7th house: saturn, uranus, vesta
8th house: moon, neptune
9th house: mars, pallas, node
10th house:
11th house: ceres
12th house:

aspects

saturn conj neptune 2'08
mercury conj venus 4'44
saturn conj uranus 5'39
venus conj pluto 6'49
uranus conj neptune 7'47

sun opp as 1'46
sun opp jupiter 3'08

mars square pluto 1'19
sun square mc 6'47

mars trine as 3'56
mars trine jupiter 5'18
pluto trine mc 5'57

moon sextile mercury 0'18
saturn sextile mc 0'37
neptune sextile mc 1'31
sun sextile mars 2'09
neptune sextile pluto 4'26
moon sextile venus 5'02

pluto inconj as 2'37

mercury semisquare neptune 1'00

moon quintile pluto 0'07

sun semisextile pluto 0'50

what I came up with till now:

Venus in Scorpio: intense feelings between eachother, could easily show up jealousy and possessiveness. we are both quite jealous and possessive, I like it that way though (in a healthy way)

Composite Ascendant in Gemini. Your immediate, instinctive responses to each other and to daily stimulition are largely mental. You are a couple that thinks, communicates, and analyzes. Together, you are somewhat restless--even nervous--as you inspire curiosity in one another. true, we are very bubbly together

Composite Sun in the 6th House. This is a challenging position for the Composite Sun, as it suggests a basic inequality in your relationship that could undermine it over time. One of you may be in a helping or teaching role, for example. Other possible scenarios are a large age gap between you, an affair in which one of you is married to someone else. very true, I find myself often in the position of the "tamer" lol, but in a nice and sweet way regarding household etc. + I'm indeed still married to my ex, we broke it off 1 yr ago

Composite Jupiter in the 1st House. You are an interesting couple that projects an image of being fun to be around. You are likely very eager to learn and grow, and generally ready to laugh. There is a strong tendency to encourage each other to be self-indulgent. others do see as as a fun couple

Moon sextile Venus: Mutual affection as well as a nice feeling of ease and comfort with one another make this aspect a good one for any type of a relationship. You naturally consider one another's needs and desires, and making each other happy is a priority. especially he is very much aware about my happiness and wants to make me happy

Sun sextile Mars: Together you will be inspired to take action and do things that you may not have had the courage or confidence to do as single individuals. You help one another come out into the world, to participate more fully and more boldly. before I came he spend hours and hours gaming on his computer because he was in some kind of depression, now he plays less and less

Sun opp Jupiter: Giving one another the benefit of the doubt is something that seems to come naturally to you. However, you might also encourage lazy, self-indulgent, or excessive traits in one another through this very lenient attitude. Striking a balance will be important. very true, he is pretty much confident, sometimes too confident and I give him the benefit of the doubt sometimes haha not always though

Venus conj Pluto: This is likely to be a very passionate relationship, pulling up intense feelings within both of you. Problems occur with normal fluctuations of intensity as the relationship progresses, and expectations that the level of intimacy and intensity should remain high consistently (which is virtually impossible). Attempts to maintain intimacy can actually backfire if controlling or manipulative behavior is involved. The desire to be one another's "only and best" lover is strong, and there is an all or nothing feeling running between the two of you. especially the last part is very true...

sun in sagittarius: There is no sign in the zodiac so orientated to sheer intensity of sensory experience as Sagittarius. With their composite Sun in this sign these two people have signed up for a roller coaster ride. Regardless of their natures as individuals, there is something in the chemistry they share that attracts life's wild side. For the relationship to feel fully alive, they need to pack in the experience of 10 lifetimes. Should life become too prosaic and predictable, something vital seeps out of this relationship. Boredom can kill it faster than any other toxin. have to say that we entertain ourselves pretty good, we aren't about going out every night/weekend, we enjoy chilled time at home. but we looove city trips

so thank you in advance to everyone who might want to give some input :) very much appreciated!

Zarathu

Account Closed
This is not about your composite chart, per se. The composite chart is not about your and your boyfriend, its an abstract description of your relationship when its working.

I don't use composite charts until I look at the potential synastry between the two people, to determine whether a composite chart can really be helpful.

IMO, The assumption here is that you have a functional relationship. The less functional the relationship is, the less realistic the composite will show. But still its not about the two of you, it about this THING that is created between the two of you.

IMO, If you want to know how you relate to each other you would want to look at the most significant synastry between the two of you. If you were to PM me your birth data for both of you, I would be happy to look at the most significant difficulties of interaction between you and some of the strengths.

If you don't want that, then that's OK.

Z

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Like I said in the PM back, this will take a little while to do so I will try to get it done today, but I can't do it immediately. FYI, synastry requires a basic analysis of bothe charts, and then a look at the strongest and most friction ridden planets in the strongest and most friction ridden houses of each other.

Zarathu

Account Closed
BTW, after looking at the synastry we can use the composite chart to further define sections of the relationship that we have already identified as potential difficult in the synastry.

Some people really cannot use composite charts to begin with. You have to have at least one of two things in the combination of the charts.

1. Your Mars has to have a ptolemaic aspect relationship with his Mars(yours does, you have a trine)

or

2. The ruler of your asc(SUN) has to have a ptolemaic aspect with the ruler of his ASC, which work also, but we needed just one.

Looking at both your charts, you both have a lot of "stuff" going on for you. He has more friction with his environment than you do. People, in a general way as you guys, with this much friction usually produce fireworks, which in the long run tends to burn both of you up. I'm saying that just initially to start.

This is going to have to be in several posts.

Lets first look at what he does to you.

His most powerful and also highest friction planet is the Moon. His Moon sextiles your Neptune but your neptune is also rather powerful, though not as high in friction. This gives you an intuitive link sensitive to each others moods and unconscious motivations. You actually tend to encourage each other. But you have to remember that he will tend to take the lead and may resist you more than you resist him.

His Moon also squares your Pluto. Your pluto is not very strong and not very negative, so You won't be the pushing one in this connection. Its prone to difficulties on the subtle psychological levels. He may tend to be hypersensitive to your attempts to improve the relationship. And the Moon Sextiling neptune in the previous paragraph is going to make one of you accuse the other of not reading his mind right, and what's wrong with you? Even thought your Pluto is not strong, he will fight what he sees as your dominance with passive resistance and acts of sub conscious rebellion, and he won't admit he did it. And since he is more dominant in this connection, he will push you to distraction in your attempts to improving the domestic situations.

Gotta go. More later.

Z

mdinaz

You skipped the Mars square Pluto which I think would be a more concerning problem. This is also a controlling influence as well as one that can lead to physical confrontations - and with the 1 degree orb, even more so.

I use the composite to show how the couple relates together, as a couple How people relate as a couple is often different than how they relate as individuals, particularly before they get together formally. How they relate as a couple privately is even more different than how they relate publicly. I personally find the composite very important however much of that is lost if you don't have relatively accurate birth times since several key points can change the tone of the relationship.

Edit: As pointed out, I was referring to the OPs composite chart. Sorry for leaving that off.

Last edited:
FYI, mdinaz is replying to the composite chart posted, and not to the synastry chart which I am working at.

Just so no one is confused.

thank you guys for your replies, I'll be rereading your answers more carefully later but its already very very interesting!!!!! I really like to learn more about it and understand the dynamic behind synastry/composite charts !!

I found this also very interesting about Moon square/opp or conj Pluto

When your Moon conjuncts, squares, or opposes​​​​​​​​​​ your partner’s Pluto, you feel a magnetic sexual and emotional attraction to each other. Your partner tends to bring out subconscious emotional responses from you; the Pluto person can see into your soul, and knows how to bring out your most intense, secret emotions. Indeed, the Moon feels “exposed” and vulnerable in the presence of the Pluto person. Together, you explore each others emotional depths. Because of this strong emotional connection, the Moon person is likely to feel obsessed with the Pluto person; the Moon person easily becomes addicted to the emotional intensity the relationship. As such, the Moon person is eager the please the Pluto person. As is the case with all Pluto aspects, the Pluto person usually has the “upper hand” in the relationship.

On the downside, the Moon person is likely to feel “controlled” or manipulated by the Pluto person. The fear of losing each other is strong with this placement. In order to keep each other focused on the relationship, power struggles and manipulative tactics often surface. Indeed, Pluto desires complete control and domination over the Moon person’s emotions, and any indication that the Moon person is losing interest or distancing herself leads Pluto to adopt manipulative or controlling behavior to keep the Moon person to himself. Pluto may “play games” with the Moon person, which can lead to strong emotional arguments and heated battles. The Pluto person easily offends or hurts the Moon person, due to the fact that the Moon person is so entrenched and hypnotized by the Pluto and the way he is able to bring out such strong emotions in her. In fact, the Pluto person may consciously or unconsciously desire to hurt the Moon person. This is because Pluto wants to emotionally control the Moon person, and almost gets a sense of satisfaction when he knows how much he affects the Moon person.

can't wait to hear more from you guys and especially Z

Zarathu

Account Closed
Analysis continued....

Your boyfriend's second most powerful planet is Saturn. Saturn is also his highest friction planet, so when using the energies of Saturn(discipline, limitation, conservativeness, etc.) he doesn't project himself with those energies very well and they usually cause stress when he interacts with others.

His Saturn is in your 5th house. This is a problem---"Houston, we have a problem" type of problem. Your fifth house is far an away the most powerful house in your chart. Its three hundred percent more powerful than the second most powerful, and for you its also the second highest in friction. Your personal creativity, and you concepts of romance are very important to you, and you need to brook no interference here.

Even if your House was not strong and had very low friction, and even if his Saturn was also low power and low friction, this would be not favorable for your romance. In this circumstance all the most difficult aspects of the relationship will be fomented. One of you may have a bigger financial part which could impact this. This is a horrible combination for having children.

You differences in parenting will cause serious battles between you. He will show what you describe as a lack of sensitivity to your children, and may also show the same to any of your creative efforts. Don't expect him to support you in your own creative endeavors very much. You and the child could eventually feel unloved and unappreciated.

His Saturn conjuncts your Mars The good thing here is that your Mars is only moderate strength and actually has the least friction of all your natal planets. You are probably a good innovator, and have lots of drive. But his very strong Saturn will attempt to restrain your Mars excitement for new things and move it into disciplined and purposeful work. This may work out well some of the time since you would use his advice, but he will tend to be overbearing about it in the extreme, and eventually you will want to tell him to "bug off".

His Mars also semi-sextiles your Venus Venus is the second weakest planet in your chart. You will not be very pushy with the Venus. This can help support his efforts toward helping focus your creativity. It can tone the fact that Saturn is in your 5th house. But he will clearly be the dominant member here in the romantic situation. Eventually your powerful 5th house and your mars may have problems.

More later.....

mdinaz

I found this also very interesting about Moon square/opp or conj Pluto

When your Moon conjuncts, squares, or opposes​​​​​​​​​​ your partner’s Pluto, you feel a magnetic sexual and emotional attraction to each other. Your partner tends to bring out subconscious emotional responses from you; the Pluto person can see into your soul, and knows how to bring out your most intense, secret emotions. Indeed, the Moon feels “exposed” and vulnerable in the presence of the Pluto person. Together, you explore each others emotional depths. Because of this strong emotional connection, the Moon person is likely to feel obsessed with the Pluto person; the Moon person easily becomes addicted to the emotional intensity the relationship. As such, the Moon person is eager the please the Pluto person. As is the case with all Pluto aspects, the Pluto person usually has the “upper hand” in the relationship.

On the downside, the Moon person is likely to feel “controlled” or manipulated by the Pluto person. The fear of losing each other is strong with this placement. In order to keep each other focused on the relationship, power struggles and manipulative tactics often surface. Indeed, Pluto desires complete control and domination over the Moon person’s emotions, and any indication that the Moon person is losing interest or distancing herself leads Pluto to adopt manipulative or controlling behavior to keep the Moon person to himself. Pluto may “play games” with the Moon person, which can lead to strong emotional arguments and heated battles. The Pluto person easily offends or hurts the Moon person, due to the fact that the Moon person is so entrenched and hypnotized by the Pluto and the way he is able to bring out such strong emotions in her. In fact, the Pluto person may consciously or unconsciously desire to hurt the Moon person. This is because Pluto wants to emotionally control the Moon person, and almost gets a sense of satisfaction when he knows how much he affects the Moon person.

This is also true in the composite. You may not have these aspects in the synastry but it shows up in the composite, and the results are the same, although with the composite it isn't clear who the abuser and who the abusee is.

Zarathu

Account Closed
This is also true in the composite. You may not have these aspects in the synastry but it shows up in the composite, and the results are the same, although with the composite it isn't clear who the abuser and who the abusee is.

Good to hear, mdinaz!

Just a couple pieces of information. Ivy Goldstein Jacobson had a rule of thumb for prediction. You had to see evidence of the situation in more places than just one. She said: see it once: maybeee; see it twice possibleee, see it three times, probableee; See it four time, A CCERTAINTEEE!

ALSO....

Ivy determined that you could use a composite if at least one of these tow conditions exist in the synastry:

1. A Ptolemaic aspect exists between the ruler of one ASC and the ruler of the other ASC

or

2. A ptolemaic aspect exists between one chart's Mars and the other chart's Mars.

Failing those, then the relationship could not be accurately described by the composite chart. You could certainly make a composite, but you'd have to take the information with a grain of salt.

In Mindofaquarius' case, this rule is maintained.

Last edited:

mdinaz

Good to hear, mdinaz!

Just a couple pieces of information. Ivy Goldstein Jacobson had a rule of thumb for prediction. You had to see evidence of the situation in more places than just one. She said: see it once: maybeee; see it twice possibleee, see it three times, probableee; See it four time, A CCERTAINTEEE!

ALSO....

Ivy determined that you could use a composite if at least one of these tow conditions exist in the synastry:

1. A Ptolemaic aspecgt exists between the ruler of one ASC and the ruler of the other ASC

or

2. A ptolemaic aspect exists between one chart's Mars and the other chart's Mars.

Failing those, then the relationship could not be accurately described by the composite chart. You could certainly make a composite, but you'd have to take the information with a grain of salt.

In Mindofaquarius' case, this rule is maintained.

I speak from experience here in my own karmic relationships. Things that didn't exist in synastry but did in composite did indeed manifest in the relationship (such as the control issues of the OPs situation). Also, the composite is based on the natal charts - and people change over time, and have free will. Nothing in astrology is 100% and all rules are guidelines. I've explored composites based on progressed and so far I don't see any real correlation but it is hard to quantify life-long changes in a mixture such as that. You have to compare both synastry and composites and make a best judgement. When orbs are really tight I take greater notice than if they are really loose.

hello everyone!

thank you for your replies so far! we are in a relationship since a month now and things move in a very nice and focused direction. 2 days ago both our families met for dinner and we had a very nice time. my boyfriend though was worried that it would be too early but his mothers really loves me and "pushed" him to invite my parents and siblings as they were visiting me for a few days.

he was also the one who came up with the suggestion that I should move in with him since I don't sleep/live in my own apartment since a month.

as far as our relationship is today, I'm very happy with him. he is a very loving man and most of all thoughtful. I'm glad that it was important to him how my family and his family get along and how he gets along with my parents. both our families are so happy for us.

so far so good - he gives me security, laughter and a direction.

can I provide you with more information for synastry? what do you need to know?

THANK YOU GUYS!

I see myself more as the one who is insecure and tends to "manipulate" - for example: I went through a rough time with my ex husband and an ex affair I had after that. both men lost their interest, I ran after both men.

So now, eventhough I "have" my boyfriend officially and he makes me happier than I was years ago and he reassures me with his affection etc - I just have this nasty insecurity in my back that he'll lose his interest too. that's why I don't "drown" him with affection as I used to do with my ex. I'm less affectionated with my bf because I fear he might get too used to it and will drop me like a broken piece of a machine. I know it sounds hilarious but I hold back affection on purpose, I give more and more but I have a hard time showering him, like he does with me.

I also tend to mention things on purpose so he won't forget the fact that I'm a woman with many options and men who run after her - just so he keeps up his effort for me.

not nice - I know - but I never do it in a mean way, I never lie to him either.

mdinaz

I see myself more as the one who is insecure and tends to "manipulate" - for example: I went through a rough time with my ex husband and an ex affair I had after that. both men lost their interest, I ran after both men.

So now, eventhough I "have" my boyfriend officially and he makes me happier than I was years ago and he reassures me with his affection etc - I just have this nasty insecurity in my back that he'll lose his interest too. that's why I don't "drown" him with affection as I used to do with my ex. I'm less affectionated with my bf because I fear he might get too used to it and will drop me like a broken piece of a machine. I know it sounds hilarious but I hold back affection on purpose, I give more and more but I have a hard time showering him, like he does with me.

I also tend to mention things on purpose so he won't forget the fact that I'm a woman with many options and men who run after her - just so he keeps up his effort for me.

not nice - I know - but I never do it in a mean way, I never lie to him either.

Having been in several mars/pluto and moon/pluto relationships myself, I can tell you that if you continue any sort of manipulation, it will come back to you in a negative way. Nobody likes to be manipulated, even if they love or are in love with the person doing it. You have already said that you realize this comes from a place of insecurity, and this is very good that you do. Perhaps it is a life lesson for you to learn this and to learn to adapt to it and make changes. Your boyfriend (and probably your ex) loves you for many reasons, and I'm sure being manipulated isn't one of them. Stop the behavior and he will be highly appreciative - affection should happen because people WANT it to, not because they fear the consequences of whether they do or don't. Don't let him become resentful, even once, or the relationship is doomed.

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, right now you are in the throes of early love. Nothing is wrong or could be wrong. There are no cracks in the relationship because early love has filled them.

But everyday living will open the cracks, and the love that fills them now will have to dissipate and be substituted for long term commitment.

You have to be willing to pay attention to what mdinaz and I are saying to you or its really a waste of time for us to say it now. Perhaps, you should wait until the cracks appear and start to get wider, and then come back and see us in two years after you are married.

Its very very difficult for you to "hear" the potential difficult areas at this time. I understand that. I remember those times with joy. But I didn't have any where near the potential for crack-up in my wife and my charts that you guys have.