Saturn Retrogade in 5th house Aquarius causes delays?

brookeashley

I know saturn delays, but what do you think it delays with this placement and aspects?

I've read it delays kids in a lot of forums but I know aspects matter as well.

In Vedic astrology, it changes to moon in 5th house capricorn.

What do you think?

Attachments

• CHART.gif
    CHART.gif
    57.8 KB · Views: 31

Alice McDermott

I know saturn delays, but what do you think it delays with this placement and aspects?

What do you think?

I don't think it delays having children. I have Saturn retrograde in the 5th house and started having babies at 21. Saturn there gave me a Capricorn child.

I wonder if the T square of Sun-Saturn-Pluto is the culprit? This could give a block of some kind or very early miscarriage.

The Saturn-Chiron opposition is on your Ascendant/Midheaven midpoint as well. This might give delays or problems.

Ceres on the cusp of the Koch 5th cusp should give success eventually.

Alice

Last edited:

brookeashley

Thanks alice!
When I was researching the placement, a lot of descriptions said it could block or delay kids/creativity/fun so I figured I'd try to get some opinions.

I've read that you need to focus on the opposite side of a t-square to balance things. That would be Mars in Gemini(10th house) in 9th house Taurus in my chart.

Should I put any focus on the tenth house if Mars is technically in my 9th house but the sign it's in rules 10th?

kimbermoon

There are many implications of this Saturn placement...the 5th does relate to children, although it also depicts love and other creative acts...yes Saturn can delay or postpone the bearing of children here, typically you might wait until older before doing so...yet consider that often,despite it's label of being the 'stern disciplinarian', Saturn is also about other things...it rules time...and thus can intervene to create strategic, or necessary delays as required for your personal development...it also rules karma, and the past...the influences of our early childhood continue to affect us through adulthood and we are often required to revist the past in order to navigate more effectively through life...you do have unique and possibly disruptive influences in your fourth house, also afflicting your Sun, so this could have something to do with your father's parenting towards you[or lack thereof] ...Saturn could indicate genetic factors that will play out in terms of having children...Saturn also represents fears...in Aquarius there is often a fear of being alone, or a fear of claiming your own individuality and independence...with Neptune posited in your 4th house, one might consider issues of abandonment, estrangement or neglect in childhood or youth...your Moon and Sun relationship depicts that you are being required to make adaptations or to compensate for things that you lacked in childhood...some additional things to consider...

Cypocryphy

What do you think?

I don't want to come off as negative, but I'm just going to say what I see.

The ruler of your 5th house is :aquarius:, with the traditional ruler :saturn: in that house. Luckily, :saturn: is in its domicile, and :aquarius:, though not the most fertile sign, does not negate children. But you have other problems here, such as the :sun: (bringer of life) in opposition to :saturn:, and you have :pluto: forming a square from :scorpio:. This hurts the placement of :saturn: and its influence on the affairs of that house (i.e., children). :pluto: can bring loss as much as :saturn:, and with this T-sqaure, you are going to struggle having children. I think this problem is further compounded by your :moon: being ruled by :saturn:, and that your :moon: is also :conjunct: :uranus:. This could mean your ability to be a mother will be compromised and that you might have to resort to unconventional means for being a mother. You might have one child. I would say you should consider adoption if you struggle having children of your own.

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

Thanks alice!
When I was researching the placement, a lot of descriptions said it could block or delay kids/creativity/fun so I figured I'd try to get some opinions.

I've read that you need to focus on the opposite side of a t-square to balance things. That would be Mars in Gemini(10th house) in 9th house Taurus in my chart.

Should I put any focus on the tenth house if Mars is technically in my 9th house but the sign it's in rules 10th?

Saturn in the 5th will often give serious types of fun. For example my area of pleasure is astrology.

You don't have a highly fertile chart Brooke, so much depends on the chart of your husband/partner, if his chart contains fertile signs in good aspect to your planets and there is a good composite or Davison, then the problem can be sorted out without much fuss. If not, then perhaps some medical assistance may be useful. As I said before, the ruler of the 5th house in the 5th house is a good augury, as is Ceres on the 5th cusp.

I would suggest you use your lunar returns to help pinpoint good months for conception. A lunar return with water signs or Taurus on the Ascendant or 5th house cusp, with planets in the 5th house, can be most helpful, particularly if in any aspect your Saturn, Ceres or fifth house cusp. If you have the facilities to calculate parallax lunar returns you will find these work well.

Lunar returns are calculated from the exact time the Moon moves over your natal Moon each month. The ability to calculate lunar returns is available on Astro.com and there is heaps of information about them on the internet.

Alice

brookeashley

Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it!
You were pretty spot on kimbermoon, I lost my dad when I was young. If saturn represents fear as well, that could explain why I get nervous around young children.

And alice, thats so true. My idea of fun seems rather boring to most but sometimes my Leo sun changes it up.

Slightly off topic but related to Saturn, I've read that for T-squares/T-Cross, the way to "balance" it out is to focus on the planet directly across from the planet at the 90 degree angle. http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_tsquare.shtml
That would be Mars in Gemini in the 9th house, I've researched this and am still a little lost. What would you say about this trio?

Edit: I just noticed juno is right next to mars, but I don't know if that is of any significance.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it!
You were pretty spot on kimbermoon, I lost my dad when I was young. If saturn represents fear as well, that could explain why I get nervous around young children.

Hi,
The chart also shows that MEAN Black Moon Lilith :)lilth:) in the 5th house would also be part of the T-square. Adverse aspects between Sun and MEAN BML have so often coincided with the effect of an 'absent father' influence, yet in a different manner to that expressed by Kimbermoon through Saturn in Aquarius (I expressed similar thoughts in reply #11 of 'Strange Symptoms'on the medical astrology board).

There is an stressful aspect between Moon-Sun that, for many, would be suggestive of a parental relationship that has a strong influence upon the child. If it isn't being too personal to ask, Brooke, did your biological father play a significant role in your young upbringing by his presence in, or absence from it? Could BML in Aquarius refer to a non-related step-father and the effect this has had as part of the T-square configuration?

You are a young adult born into a 'time-capsule' generation in which 'child-minding' has become a way of life for those have children. Yet the child can become the (un)expected or (un)acceptable 'appendage' to the mother's personally desired life style, rather than the true desire within it. Often, the non-related 'pseudo-mother' see(m)s more to the child than the biological parent, from which it can eventually become emotionally alienated(Aquarius).
BML in Aquarius has been observed to show this sense of emotional alienation with and towards another because it is in the one sign in which its deep inner need for emotional freedom can run its course (interchange the c and s and you get 'source':wink:) without any sense of shame or guilt.
The 'single person', 'gay divorcee', 'one'-'adoptive' or 'pseudo-parent', 'chosen childlessness' have all been roles that coincided with a 5th house BML in Aquarius.

Slightly off topic but related to Saturn, I've read that for T-squares/T-Cross, the way to "balance" it out is to focus on the planet directly across from the planet at the 90 degree angle. http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_tsquare.shtml
That would be Mars in Gemini in the 9th house,

I've researched this and am still a little lost. What would you say about this trio?

I hope someone will also be prepared to comment upon the relevance of this.

As I have always understood it to mean, a T-square finds its 'balance' in the empty leg of the sign on the grand cross to which it belongs. The T-square is in the fixed signs, the empty leg of which is (untenanted)Taurus. Even taking Pluto as the apex of the T-square, its opposing sign/house will still be Taurus and the 8th house and not Mars in Gemini in the 9th house.
This would place significance upon the position of the ruler of Taurus, which is Venus in virgo in the 12th house.

Does anyone relate to Mars, as ruler 8th house cusp and empty leg of fixed houses, as the more important factor regarding the T-square, especially as Taurus is untenanted?
Would Venus of Taurus relate more to character, and Mars as ruler of 8th house to circumstances?