What sign we attract by looking at our Natal?

Inanna92

What placements in your opinion shows which sign energy we attract? What house, planet?
For example, I noticed I attract Libra Sun and Venus in Virgo a lot. Don't like both placements but somehow I do attract them. Not just this placements, generally energy of these signs.
And for example I have nothing in Virgo, except my 11th house. Only Jupiter in Libra and Venus is ruler of 7th. What indicates it?

aleth3ia

Banned
I don't know how much this can be true, but it's supposed to be related to the 8th house, as in a "deep and changing experience", "something that is un-explainable and can transform us"; while 7th is the people you're attracted to.

I have Leo and Jup in 8th, and my bf is a Leo. My 7th is in Cancer and I'm always befriending Cancers, at the end of the day... as you rightly stated though, it's not the sign itself you'll attract, but those kind of energies: if you have 8th house in Gemini, then, you'll attract scattered people, who are light and intelligent but even a bit fidgety, even if they're Capricorns.

Last edited:

strns

From what I've read it's the 7th house.
The 7th house is both who we're attracted to and who we attract. Because it's how we act around others, so if you had the 7th house in Aries, you would act like an Aries around people (smaller groups or 1on1), and because of that would attract Aries types of people.
I haven't tested out this theory much, but it makes sense to me.

love-thinking

What placements in your opinion shows which sign energy we attract? What house, planet?
For example, I noticed I attract Libra Sun and Venus in Virgo a lot. Don't like both placements but somehow I do attract them. Not just this placements, generally energy of these signs.
And for example I have nothing in Virgo, except my 11th house. Only Jupiter in Libra and Venus is ruler of 7th. What indicates it?

Good question. I have been pondering over this as well. I do both vedic and western astrology so one thing that I realized is that I attract a single nakshatra(star constellation) according to vedic. In vedic astrology, the planet that represents my husband/partner is mars and that star constellation is in scorpio.

In western astrology, I tend to attract or fall for reckless, impulsive, adventurous guys that have very little future. They're highly sexual, passionate, and adventurous and they tend to scare the **** out of me. I have aries as my seventh house with mars conjunct neptune and juno. Aries is a very active, masculine, and impulsive sign. Neptune is the planet of dreamers.

I also have sun opposite lilith. Sun is supposed to represent your father and I had a very tragic relationship with my father and now the paternal side of my family. Some people say that you attract the relationship with your opposite side parent over and over again until you resolve your paternal subconscious issues. This may be why I attract lilith characters, out of this world incubus characteristics.

So you should look at the 7th house, it's rulers aspects with other planets, and anything aspecting sun or moon.

I would also look at mars, and venus and whatever transits these four personal planets will speak volumes about who you attract at that specific time.

Mars-boyfriends, Sun-Men/Paternal figure/husband Moon-women/maternal figures/wife Venus-girlfriends/lovers

7th house who you attract in general

Uranus is ruling my 7th house but I don't completely understand where that's reflected on my birth chart? The interpretation of what I attract is extremely accurate. I've attracted an annoying Virgo for 10 years, he won't go away! but that's just half of the story of course!

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

Where is your Venus placed (sign and house)? And do you have any planets in your seventh house? Or any conjunct your DC from the sixth?

All of those things indicate the kind of people you attract, and are attracted to. They don't necessarily indicate those people's astrological signs, because many possible combinations can create traits indicated by seventh house placements.

Inanna92

My 7th house is in Taurus, it's empty and nothing conjunct DC. Never attracted Taurus energy, and never been into them. Always found them boring, slow, too much homy, definitely not my type of people.

My Venus is in Aquarius in 4th house, square Pluto, sextile Mercury. Mars in Cancer in 9th.

I'm very good with Aquarius people and very often attract them. What placements I also attract are Venus in Virgo and Gemini, Sun in Libra, Aquarius and Gemini.

Inanna92

And I don't think 7th house sign will be attracted to you or will be compatible to you. You have to look at its ruler, aspects and planets in 7th if there's any.

sadge

Finding out what "type" you attract (and are attracted to) is the first step to understanding synastry in a meaningful way. Many different components go into building this picture. One, obviously, is the 7th house and its ruler. The sign and its energies matter too.

Ultimately each chart has it's needs, and that's what is sought to be fulfilled in a relationship with another. And those needs evolve over time, as the chart evolves (so we bring in the progressed chart as a complement). So in addition to looking at angles, we want to incorporate the core inner planets that are our connectors to the world out there.

It's not cookie-cutter stuff.

Inanna92

Nobody said it's cookie-cutter stuff.
As everything matters, sign of my 7th house Taurus is the last thing I need. Never liked Taurus energy and been into them. Liked one for short time lost interest quickly. My Venus in 4th can be attracted to Cancers but mostly my Aquarius Venus run away from them cause of need for free space. As I have this Venus and sextile to Mercury I am attracted to brain, someone unique and free spirit. I have huge Aquarius energy with Uranus conjunct Sun, sextile Moon, opposite Mars. I have stellium in 3rd along with Sun and so on, and cause of huge air energy even if I am Capricorn Sun, never been attracted to earth energy. I mostly attract air and I'm also into them, cause I'm seeking for intellect and friendly relationship. I'm not for routine and don't like family life. Now, Taurus can act like an air sign cause of their chart with a lot of placements which prove it, but then again he would not be compatible to me cause of Taurus Sun but air energy he has. Still haven't met one like that.
What I asked was what shows which energy we attract. I heared it's 8th house, but what else?

sadge

Nobody said it's cookie-cutter stuff.
As everything matters, sign of my 7th house Taurus is the last thing I need. Never liked Taurus energy and been into them. Liked one for short time lost interest quickly. My Venus in 4th can be attracted to Cancers but mostly my Aquarius Venus run away from them cause of need for free space. As I have this Venus and sextile to Mercury I am attracted to brain, someone unique and free spirit. I have huge Aquarius energy with Uranus conjunct Sun, sextile Moon, opposite Mars. I have stellium in 3rd along with Sun and so on, and cause of huge air energy even if I am Capricorn Sun, never been attracted to earth energy. I mostly attract air and I'm also into them, cause I'm seeking for intellect and friendly relationship. I'm not for routine and don't like family life. Now, Taurus can act like an air sign cause of their chart with a lot of placements which prove it, but then again he would not be compatible to me cause of Taurus Sun but air energy he has. Still haven't met one like that.
What I asked was what shows which energy we attract. I heared it's 8th house, but what else?

So if you follow the steps I noted, you'll see why you're attracted to air/brainy energy. Taurus is your 7H. That means Venus is your 7H ruler. Now we look at what Venus is doing. Your Venus is in Aquarius..... Ta da. There you go. All of that uranian energy you noted is also a part of your "relationship" signature. For ex, if you are a straight female, then you'll find that sun/Uranus and mars/Uranus reflects patterns in the kind of mle energy you will be attracted to (and attract).

You also want to weigh the asc ruler, how the asc ruler aspects the dsc ruler, houses 5-8 (particularly for relationships), and the inner "intimate" planets (moon - mars), etc. I personally always take note of Chiron, the nodes , and nodal rulers too to see if they connect to any of the relationship planets or points.

For me, the only way to answer this is to look at someone's chart. Because different planets/energies have different weights in an individual. One person may be more saturn-prone while another is susceptible to getting his Neptune or mercury tickled. You need to get a picture of one's relationship "needs" and preferences, and how that harmonizes or collides with the rest of the chart. Moreover, what you attract/need will change over time (look at progressed).

Relationship astrology can get complex because it's not cut and dry like how you're asking the question. But you learn what to look for with lots of practice.

Hope I helped.

S.

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

If I based it on my experience, I mostly attract these signs: Leo, Virgo and Taurus.

I have Leo in the 8th cusp and a North Node Leo in 8th house. People I've met who have Leo prominent in their chart have affected me in both good and bad ways. Usually I get attracted to them as well, as friends and as a love interest.

Somehow, I do attract these Leo people, both female and male and I'm not really sure why as well. I have Mars and Vertex in Virgo, and I think they're also both in the 8th house. My last relationship was with a Virgo sun. I'm also really close with a Virgo woman and we have this connection that we have a lot in common. I had a crush on a Taurus guy with Leo moon for the 4 years (throughout my highschool life) and met my guy bestfriend in college, who is a Taurus sun and I suspect that he's a Leo ascendant. I also had a short-lived crush with a dancer in my college (and he had like... 4 placements of Leo. ****.) But the one guy that affected me the most was the one I was... maybe kinda obsessed with.

He was a Leo sun and venus, with Moon in cancer. I have Cancer in the 7th house and Leo in the 8th house, and I could tell we were drawn to eachother in some unexplainable way. I was really infatuated and wanted to get to know him, and felt that he did as well, but nothing really happened. It was kinda intense for me haha. I've recently met a new friend at a new school and guess what? She has a Leo venus and mercury. And we're great friends too.

I also had an online relationship with someone with Cancer sun. Also really intense but short-lived.

But yeah I don't get the deal with me meeting a lot of Leos. I've been friends with all of them, and they seem to enter in my life out of nowhere. But yeah. I'm starting to think that Leo is my type xD

ANUP

Dear Friend

I have already written in some of my post today.

I am repeating this for you.

First check your planets position in different signs.

The association of Mars and Venus increases the tendency for having love affairs, as the attraction towards the opposite sex increases. If such a combination aspects or has sight of Saturn, then the attraction increases even more.If the two charts are overlapped one on top of the other, the Mars of one chart should aspect or should be in the same house where the Venus of other chart is placed.

Also The Saturn and/or Rahu of one chart should be found in association with the Venus of the other chart by house or by sign.

.If the Sun and the Moon of two charts exchange houses or signs, a close friend ship is indicated.

If Venus and Mars are in the same Navamsha, or the Navamsha lord is the same, this also indicates a close friendship.

These tips are given as lessons by my guru ji.

-Anup
www.kascorner.com

jkxx74

Premium Member
aleth3ia,

thank you for the bit on the 8th house. This does seem to apply even though I've never read about it as being an important indicator. There have been a number of important Leos in my life and that is indeed the sign in my 8th house...

Inanna,

interesting observation however if your sun is in Cap you will get along well with Taureans even if they do not seem exciting to you; this type of 'getting along' exists on a more basic level that might not seem exciting to your Venus but is in some ways more important. Now I personally don't get along well with airy signs so can't comment on this.

As far as techniques go, I have been using the Moon and Venus to get an idea of what someone needs or wants if male and the Sun and Mars if female as this is used by at least one famous astrologer I follow. It does seem to produce good results generally but I'd be interested to hear from people here on whether your M/V-S/M planets seem to describe the people you have been into as far as you can recall.

AtlanticPacific

I think there's something to be said for this 8th house factor - I seem to attract Air and Earth and my 8th is co-ruled by Virgo + Libra. Virgo also co-rules my 7th even though my DESC is in Leo. In fact my longest relationship was with a Virgo. However in terms of Sun + Mars (as I'm female) and the house rulers playing a role, it doesn't seem to have held true for me as rulers of both (Venus and Merc) along with Sun/Mars are all in Scorpio and I've never had a relationship with a water sign, nor has this sign or type expressed attraction to me.

jkxx74

Premium Member
We could use moon /venus midpoint and mars /sun midpoint too?
In theory yes though I was thinking more Sun/Moon midpoint here as that one is supposed to be very powerful. Well, it is as I found out now that Pluto is directly on it.
I am not familiar with whether these two (M/V and M/S) would work as well but maybe we can get some feedback from people calculating them and checking if they seem to correlate. In my case the Moon/Venus one doesn't work as it falls in Aqua and that is in air while I always get involved with fire or water (occasionally earth) but almost never air.

I think there's something to be said for this 8th house factor - I seem to attract Air and Earth and my 8th is co-ruled by Virgo + Libra. Virgo also co-rules my 7th even though my DESC is in Leo. In fact my longest relationship was with a Virgo. However in terms of Sun + Mars (as I'm female) and the house rulers playing a role, it doesn't seem to have held true for me as rulers of both (Venus and Merc) along with Sun/Mars are all in Scorpio and I've never had a relationship with a water sign, nor has this sign or type expressed attraction to me.
AtlanticPacific,

thank you for this. I started coming up with a theory that potent aspects between the planets in synastry/composite charts may overrule what is suggested by the pair of personal planets and your post supports this. However the 8th house remains relevant for everyone, it seems.