Help me find a hobby :)

deepminde

I've never had a hobby. During my leisure time I just have been lazy and now I want to do stuff but I don't know what would suits me. Can you suggest anything? :)

Attachments

• astro1.png
    astro1.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 29

katydid

Do you want a 'solitary' hobby, to calm you down and give you something to do in privacy?

Or do you want a 'social' hobby that will get you out among others and help you make new friends/contacts?

With the ruler of your 5th, being in the 12th, your first instinct might be to do something quietly, at home, by yourself. But it is probably better for you to do something that involves others and is somewhat fun, sociable, spontaneous.

katydid

You have Taurus on the cusp of the 5th, which rules hobbies/pastimes/entertainment. I can see why you described yourself as ‘lazy’ when you have free time. Taurus on the 5th is happy eating and lounging and listening to music. My fave things too.

But the ruler, Venus, is inn Scorpio in the 12th. That might make you feel guilty about being idle and unproductive. Scorpio stellium often feel spurred on by the need to progress, transform, complete against others in the quest for monetary gain.

You might be inspired by a hobby that has a positive, potential outcome. Like panning for gold or searching for treasure, using metal detectors?

Or maybe the possibility of meeting a romantic partner interests you? There are social clubs that might provide those opportunities. But small talk is probably not your thing. If you are going to bother conversing with new people, you probably want to discuss something inspiring, intelligent, interesting. Otherwise you may end up being sarcastic or caustic? lol It seems that you really do want to ‘make friends’ —but that Mars in Gemini in the 7th is too quick witted and says things that are not conducive to forming new friendships. Unless that person ‘gets’ your sense of humor, that is.

It would be great if there was a club that got together to discuss the stupidity of mankind and the current culture’s epic failure, and people could joke about how messed up the world is now. You probably have insightful things to say and do so in a very funny, cutting way?

Maybe go to some Astrology Workshops? :innocent:

deepminde

You have Taurus on the cusp of the 5th, which rules hobbies/pastimes/entertainment. I can see why you described yourself as ‘lazy’ when you have free time. Taurus on the 5th is happy eating and lounging and listening to music. My fave things too.

But the ruler, Venus, is inn Scorpio in the 12th. That might make you feel guilty about being idle and unproductive. Scorpio stellium often feel spurred on by the need to progress, transform, complete against others in the quest for monetary gain.

You might be inspired by a hobby that has a positive, potential outcome. Like panning for gold or searching for treasure, using metal detectors?

Or maybe the possibility of meeting a romantic partner interests you? There are social clubs that might provide those opportunities. But small talk is probably not your thing. If you are going to bother conversing with new people, you probably want to discuss something inspiring, intelligent, interesting. Otherwise you may end up being sarcastic or caustic? lol It seems that you really do want to ‘make friends’ —but that Mars in Gemini in the 7th is too quick witted and says things that are not conducive to forming new friendships. Unless that person ‘gets’ your sense of humor, that is.

It would be great if there was a club that got together to discuss the stupidity of mankind and the current culture’s epic failure, and people could joke about how messed up the world is now. You probably have insightful things to say and do so in a very funny, cutting way?

Maybe go to some Astrology Workshops? :innocent:

Thanks, you are right about everything :D, but 'Astrology Workshops' as a hobby is not for me. :)

noraleader

Banned
..here's a hobby that can get you in a lot of trouble, depending on where you live. all it takes is for one overzealous patriotic nationalist to decide your cultural criticism is an affront to those in service to the nation and you become a "legitimate" target for whatever "justice" they feel inclined to dispense upon "ingrates".

eg. read the NPR stories about FBI monitoring of PETA activists. some cultural vectors are more "proactive" about "suppressing dissent" than others.. the next thing you know, you're on the receiving end of an online vendetta, or offline. "my country love it or leave it".

with or without astrology, i'd issue the same suggestion.. with mercury in sagittarius, jupiter in leo, mars in gemini, i'd suggest you might enjoy learning to develop software; freeware with your north node placement ;) something creative that involves thinking and satisfies your leo sense of expression.

i suggest reading herb schildt's "c++ for beginners," it's quite a pleasure to read compared to many authors, for his clear, concise language. he doesn't run on and on trying to fill and sell by pagecount.. a great way to actually start coding, if you don't already.

then, you'll never have spare time again :sideways: i would strongly suggest some kind of physical hobby to complement this before the onset of aging :wink: when you start programming, the decades just fly on by.. tai chi, yi jin jing, or martial arts of any kind that gets you up and moving your hips and shoulders..

if programming doesn't appeal, maybe some other form of media eg. art or music does.. or.. good heavens.. even non-digital media.. i think that stuff still exists.. making furniture out of wood is a pastime that will be rewarding throughout a lifetime for yourself and others.. as is gardening, herbalism..

..avoid learning how to bake eg. scones unless you have a preexisting vigorous lifestyle..

Last edited:

katydid

Thanks, you are right about everything :D, but 'Astrology Workshops' as a hobby is not for me. :)

Here is my reasoning about the Astrology wkshop suggestion---

When I used to go to conferences and workshops, during the breaks, the single people sat around comparing their natal charts, looking for 'matches' with other singles. And male astrologers were always very popular with the woman and usually had several women crowded around them, clamoring for attention,---:devil:

muchacho

I've never had a hobby. During my leisure time I just have been lazy and now I want to do stuff but I don't know what would suits me. Can you suggest anything? :)
Tropical chart, something physical, sports maybe. Sidereal chart, something cultural/creative, music or movies maybe.