Do you see me overcoming my addiction?

In the next couple of months? Do you see any drastic changes (for the good) coming anytime soon? Thanks.
chart.gif

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    71.2 KB · Views: 26

waybread

That's a tough question to answer. You don't mention what kind of addiction you have. I may do astrology, but I am not psychic, and different sorts of addictions could show up in different ways. For example, gambling is a 5th house matter, whereas substance abuse usually relates to Neptune. Sexual addiction (lascivious??) relates to Venus, Mars, and oftentimes Pluto and the 8th house.

Also, your question is rather curious, because it suggests that forces exterior to yourself will make you overcome your addiction-- or not. Unless one takes a highly deterministic view of the cosmos that reduces human beings to mere wind-up dolls, you bring something to your addiction issues-- or not.

My quick impression of your chart is that you wanted a quick trip to the sub-basement of life; and your addiction provided a rapid means of getting you there. Perhaps now that you've explored the terrain and are not a kid any more, you are ready to leave it behind.

What I would suggest is that is that transiting Saturn is hitting your ascendant, and hence the first house of your body and outward personality. This is a good time to take stock of how you are treating your body, and whether your current personality traits really support you.

That's a tough question to answer. You don't mention what kind of addiction you have. I may do astrology, but I am not psychic, and different sorts of addictions could show up in different ways. For example, gambling is a 5th house matter, whereas substance abuse usually relates to Neptune. Sexual addiction (lascivious??) relates to Venus, Mars, and oftentimes Pluto and the 8th house.

Also, your question is rather curious, because it suggests that forces exterior to yourself will make you overcome your addiction-- or not. Unless one takes a highly deterministic view of the cosmos that reduces human beings to mere wind-up dolls, you bring something to your addiction issues-- or not.

My quick impression of your chart is that you wanted a quick trip to the sub-basement of life; and your addiction provided a rapid means of getting you there. Perhaps now that you've explored the terrain and are not a kid any more, you are ready to leave it behind.

What I would suggest is that is that transiting Saturn is hitting your ascendant, and hence the first house of your body and outward personality. This is a good time to take stock of how you are treating your body, and whether your current personality traits really support you.
It's a substance abuse addiction. And basically, by this point, the addiction is causing me SEVERE Anxiety and I still can't get myself to quit. I'm stuck. The addiction is triggering the Anxiety, and the Anxiety won't let me occupy myself with something to be able TO quit because of the nervous energy. It's not like I can just go back to school and get the remainder of my credits and keep myself occupied with that because the Anxiety doesn't allow me to do that. It doesn't allow me to do much, period, so it's very easy to keep failing at trying to quit this addiction. People always say like, "get a hobby," "go occupy yourself with something if you want to quit," but I can't because of my Anxiety. And I never, ever used to be like this, I was always a very strong person, so handling this nervous energy is tough and new for me. :unsure:

Anyway, thx 4 the response. I'm just hoping I can quit myself before something very horrible happens that pushes me to quit, with my Pluto in 1st, you never know WHAT is going to happen to push me in whatever direction.

aquarius7000

Hi,

YOu may want to ask a Horary question - as clear as you have here.

Per your natal chart, Saturn is going to approach your Asc once it takes up its forward motion again. Better, you quit on your own. Or else, you will be, most likely, forced to quit. One thing I can tell you, the thing with the outer planets, and, sometimes also with Saturn, is that if the person himself doesn't 'get his act together', change is forced upon him from the outside, often in a way where one is then left with next-to-nil choice. Please consider. Put that natal Pluto in your first house (of Aries/Mars = will-power) to sensible use and be determined to quit. If anyone, a first-house Pluto can do it. Inconsistency has failed you in your past attempts! You know what you have to do. The fact you have tried in the past to quit shows your willingness. That is great, but, by itself, not enough.

I sympathise with you and understand your predicament, and w/o intending any malice here, IMO, there is some hiding behind 'the substance' involved on your part. It is like I know I need to get my credits, that is a priority, but, for whatever reason, I am too lazy or disinterested. I need something to convince my self though that actually I would study hard and get those credits, had it only not been for 'the poverty' I face.
A chain smoker (probably fagged off 2 packs a day) at my workplace vowed and quit smoking beginning of this year, after 20 odd years, and has been clean since. A brilliant head on his shoulders, he too used to say the same thing, these ruddy Marlboros (strong) make me too anxious to be able to do anything with my life at all. Easy as this may sound, may be it is, where there is a will, there is often a way.

:)AQ7

ptolemy

Looking at the chart and the current transits there is hope.

What is indicating the addiction reaching a turning point?

Neptune is the ruler of addiction. It is about trying to dissolve the pain

of the world through escape to higher levels and emotions that you know

exist but have only currently felt through addiction.

Transit Neptune is currently bang on top of your natal Saturn. The planet of

the here, the now, limitations and boundary.

The Neptune conjunct Saturn is a low point. Much inner illness and pain

will come to the surface and you have two choices, to drown in the sea

of Neptune where monsters lurk in the deep deep waters or to walk onto

rock of Saturn of stability and solid ground.

images

Your life myth.

You are currently experiencing the myth of Odysseus. He wants to hear

the beautiful and magical music of the Sirens but all men who hear the

Sirens die in pain and anguish.

However Odysseus asks the men on his ship to tie him firm to the mast

so that he can hear the music but not run to the Sirens and die.

The men put wax in thier ears and Odysseus is tied to the mast and they

sail past the sirens. He experiences the bliss of the Sirens and hearing

the music that transends, but he is safe grounded to the mast of the ship.

What does this mean?

The high you experienced has allowed you to touch deeply comforting and

deep states of bliss but you can ground yourself and experience greater

in a safer and more deeper state that needs no external addiction.

You can wake up in your dreams when asleep and experience these worlds, you can

meditate to the point you stop thinking and experience only bliss or you

can experience the shamanic rites through herbs with a teacher.

Giving up the addiction opens much bigger better and more mysterious levels of bliss and

highs.

images

Therefore you are not giving up that escapism but opening a way to real escape by finding

new and more other worldly emotional states.

The transits and progressions indicate that by the Autumn you could find yourself on

a path to deep exploration of the inner world by tried and tested methods without

external addictions.

Below is a song for your addiction and the Venus in detriment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2NovQ9hHg

Remember to limit yourself to the mast of Saturn by structure and you will not be giving

anything up but experience deeper and non addictive paths.

Start tonight and try to remember to wake up in your dream when asleep and look at your

hands. You will see if you try every night. You will experience more magic and mystery

and emotions but without the despair, fear and unhappiness that only the mortal world

can give. Your desire to escape is not the problem, the problem is the method.

There are many mansions and rooms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Heavens

If you got the guts to see and feel things. I dare you.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

From another perspective, addictions are more than just an escape mechanism, it also frequently occurs as an attempt towards self-healing and pain relief...when the pain is on the psychic level, it is more difficult to correct. You have been previously wounded in matters of the heart, as depicted by Chiron in Leo. You have already taken a first important step in your recovery, by identifying the underlying cause, and source of the problem, which is in your case, Anxiety...that is a very difficult thing to live with, because it disrupts so many areas of the life. Social anxiety can easily lead to depressive tendencies, which further underscores the need for healing. Few people understand the psychological causes for anxiety and these are variable. It always relates to insecurity, feelings of worthlessness, fear and/or low self-esteem. The next step is discovering why you are burdened with such anxiety, and typically this stems from the treatment received as a child and during young adulthood. Saturn in the 4th represents a causative factor, relating to the father and other authority figures, especially in view of it's adverse alignment with Pluto and the Moon. You were probably strongly dominated and controlled during childhood, perhaps to the extent of some form of abuse. It is important to know that on the level of the psyche, our past conditioning continues to affect us well into adulthood, and until the causative factors are understood and healed, it is very difficult to be released from the addictive tendencies. Saturn in Pisces is in fact associated with the problem, as is Neptune in the 3rd house of the mind. Consider also that the stigma of your condition further increases the load of anxiety on the psyche. There are many helpful methods of recovery available to you, however you are only asking about the timing of when you will quit. I will leave that to others to answer. The nature of the illness is also very misunderstood by others, especially when the disease is considered to be mostly a matter of self-control. I do not believe this is case for you, and I am available to you for more personal help in the matter, if so desired. There is much to communicate about the matter and your chart lays out the plan for recovery when attended to on a deeper level of analysis. Consider, that it is more helpful to understand that recovery is about re-claiming the sense of identity that has been lost, or taken away; that is what needs to be healed in order to regain a sense of control over your psychic illness. Blessed be.

Hi,

YOu may want to ask a Horary question - as clear as you have here.

Per your natal chart, Saturn is going to approach your Asc once it takes up its forward motion again. Better, you quit on your own. Or else, you will be, most likely, forced to quit. One thing I can tell you, the thing with the outer planets, and, sometimes also with Saturn, is that if the person himself doesn't 'get his act together', change is forced upon him from the outside, often in a way where one is then left with next-to-nil choice. Please consider. Put that natal Pluto in your first house (of Aries/Mars = will-power) to sensible use and be determined to quit. If anyone, a first-house Pluto can do it. Inconsistency has failed you in your past attempts! You know what you have to do. The fact you have tried in the past to quit shows your willingness. That is great, but, by itself, not enough.

I sympathise with you and understand your predicament, and w/o intending any malice here, IMO, there is some hiding behind 'the substance' involved on your part. It is like I know I need to get my credits, that is a priority, but, for whatever reason, I am too lazy or disinterested. I need something to convince my self though that actually I would study hard and get those credits, had it only not been for 'the poverty' I face.
A chain smoker (probably fagged off 2 packs a day) at my workplace vowed and quit smoking beginning of this year, after 20 odd years, and has been clean since. A brilliant head on his shoulders, he too used to say the same thing, these ruddy Marlboros (strong) make me too anxious to be able to do anything with my life at all. Easy as this may sound, may be it is, where there is a will, there is often a way.

That is exactly what I was afraid of. I have FELT the power of Pluto in the 1st in the past and it is NOT pretty, it is like a wild storm or hurricane shaking up your life like you never could have imagined. I was literally forced out of the closet in 2009 after some things/relationships were exposed. It was undeniable at that point lol. And even though I'm glad it happened now, at the time I thought my life was over.

I need to quit and I need to do it fast before my life gets anymore complicated. And you're right, I do have the willpower, I lost like 60 pounds at the age of 12, so I need to channel that strength before history repeats itself and something even more traumatic happens to put me on the right path. I also can't live like this anymore. I have dreams, passions and things that I want to pursue and accomplish in my life. I know I can do it, I just have to get this addiction out of my way.

And you're right. I am running from something. Or escaping from it through drugs. I just have to figure out why I'm running from my emotions and my feelings, through drugs - I thought I had accepted myself already but I guess not. I guess I still have some digging to do to get to the root of this issue. All of this Anxiety and drug abuse could just me a manifestation of emotions I hid all through my childhood. I don't know.

Looking at the chart and the current transits there is hope.

What is indicating the addiction reaching a turning point?

Neptune is the ruler of addiction. It is about trying to dissolve the pain

of the world through escape to higher levels and emotions that you know

exist but have only currently felt through addiction.

Transit Neptune is currently bang on top of your natal Saturn. The planet of

the here, the now, limitations and boundary.

The Neptune conjunct Saturn is a low point. Much inner illness and pain

will come to the surface and you have two choices, to drown in the sea

of Neptune where monsters lurk in the deep deep waters or to walk onto

rock of Saturn of stability and solid ground.

images

Your life myth.

You are currently experiencing the myth of Odysseus. He wants to hear

the beautiful and magical music of the Sirens but all men who hear the

Sirens die in pain and anguish.

However Odysseus asks the men on his ship to tie him firm to the mast

so that he can hear the music but not run to the Sirens and die.

The men put wax in thier ears and Odysseus is tied to the mast and they

sail past the sirens. He experiences the bliss of the Sirens and hearing

the music that transends, but he is safe grounded to the mast of the ship.

What does this mean?

The high you experienced has allowed you to touch deeply comforting and

deep states of bliss but you can ground yourself and experience greater

in a safer and more deeper state that needs no external addiction.

You can wake up in your dreams when asleep and experience these worlds, you can

meditate to the point you stop thinking and experience only bliss or you

can experience the shamanic rites through herbs with a teacher.

Giving up the addiction opens much bigger better and more mysterious levels of bliss and

highs.

images

Therefore you are not giving up that escapism but opening a way to real escape by finding

new and more other worldly emotional states.

The transits and progressions indicate that by the Autumn you could find yourself on

a path to deep exploration of the inner world by tried and tested methods without

external addictions.

Below is a song for your addiction and the Venus in detriment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2NovQ9hHg

Remember to limit yourself to the mast of Saturn by structure and you will not be giving

anything up but experience deeper and non addictive paths.

Start tonight and try to remember to wake up in your dream when asleep and look at your

hands. You will see if you try every night. You will experience more magic and mystery

and emotions but without the despair, fear and unhappiness that only the mortal world

can give. Your desire to escape is not the problem, the problem is the method.

There are many mansions and rooms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Heavens

If you got the guts to see and feel things. I dare you.

Thanks for the post, and I do meditation every night, I fall asleep to it, it does work and it makes feel a lot better. As for going into different dimensions or astral projection, I experimented a bit with that last year, and unfortunately for me I did not see any positive things. I saw really creepy demons and mirrors and things so I never did it again. Hypnosis and Meditation is great though.

Love the Dido song by the way.

From another perspective, addictions are more than just an escape mechanism, it also frequently occurs as an attempt towards self-healing and pain relief...when the pain is on the psychic level, it is more difficult to correct. You have been previously wounded in matters of the heart, as depicted by Chiron in Leo. You have already taken a first important step in your recovery, by identifying the underlying cause, and source of the problem, which is in your case, Anxiety...that is a very difficult thing to live with, because it disrupts so many areas of the life. Social anxiety can easily lead to depressive tendencies, which further underscores the need for healing. Few people understand the psychological causes for anxiety and these are variable. It always relates to insecurity, feelings of worthlessness, fear and/or low self-esteem. The next step is discovering why you are burdened with such anxiety, and typically this stems from the treatment received as a child and during young adulthood. Saturn in the 4th represents a causative factor, relating to the father and other authority figures, especially in view of it's adverse alignment with Pluto and the Moon. You were probably strongly dominated and controlled during childhood, perhaps to the extent of some form of abuse. It is important to know that on the level of the psyche, our past conditioning continues to affect us well into adulthood, and until the causative factors are understood and healed, it is very difficult to be released from the addictive tendencies. Saturn in Pisces is in fact associated with the problem, as is Neptune in the 3rd house of the mind. Consider also that the stigma of your condition further increases the load of anxiety on the psyche. There are many helpful methods of recovery available to you, however you are only asking about the timing of when you will quit. I will leave that to others to answer. The nature of the illness is also very misunderstood by others, especially when the disease is considered to be mostly a matter of self-control. I do not believe this is case for you, and I am available to you for more personal help in the matter, if so desired. There is much to communicate about the matter and your chart lays out the plan for recovery when attended to on a deeper level of analysis. Consider, that it is more helpful to understand that recovery is about re-claiming the sense of identity that has been lost, or taken away; that is what needs to be healed in order to regain a sense of control over your psychic illness. Blessed be.
You hit the nail on the head... Thanks a lot for the response and advice. I can definitely relate to everything you said.

Bless you.

ptolemy

Yer I am glad you like the song. Lol.

The meditation works but the demons and mirrors don't hey.

I think you have answered your own question about the next few months

ahead. Up or down. Dont complicate it. Keep it simple. Drug down, meditation up. Simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQUeK7nYxBQ

I have every faith you know this. The past is backwards the future forwards. Back or

forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_acBVglVBcY

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the Victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." - The Buddha on meditation and the mind.

images

Last edited:
Yer I am glad you like the song. Lol.

The meditation works but the demons and mirrors don't hey.

I think you have answered your own question about the next few months

ahead. Up or down. Dont complicate it. Keep it simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQUeK7nYxBQ

I have every faith you know this. Drug down, meditation up. keep it simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_acBVglVBcY

All the best and see you around.

images
Hey, thanks a lot. :wink:

And great taste in music.. We have very similar tastes.

waybread

Mark, have you put yourself in a residential treatment program before? Some addicts can quit on their own, but by its definition, an addiction is something that goes beyond mere willpower. It is an illness, or very much like one. An excellent first step is simply being honest that you have a problem. Step two is getting yourself into a professional treatment program.

You might ask around about a good one near where you live. If you live in the US, look for a United Way agency. You may need a referral from a doctor. Other countries will have their own programs. The ones to avoid simply have a bunch of addicts sitting around in a room once a week talking about why they got into drugs. A good one would be a residential program with medical supervision. They can also address your anxiety attacks, so that you can find means other than drugs to stay calm in the face of stress.

As much as I love astrology, don't wait for some transit or other to do the heavy lifting for you. However, as I suggested previously, your current Saturn transit may be giving you a wake-up call about your physical and mental health. A good time to pay attention.

Best wishes for your recovery and sobriety.

aquarius7000

Hi,

I have Uranus in the 3rd, diplomacy and sweet talking is not my forte, but I am working on it. I'll just come straight out with it in the open again.;)

....I am running from something. Or escaping from it through drugs....
Mark, thank you, firstly, for honestly acknowledging the problem of escapism and what happened in the past. Addiction is ALWAYS linked to running away from something - often linked also to some deep fear. Addiction becomes a support system for the addicted person, for those few moments. It becomes a sort of a substitute for the lack. I am pretty sure, internally, you even know what that fear is, what it is you are running away from. As soon as you have that, the first of the three steps is taken. Face your fears! that is the next step always! The day you stop running away from them, half the battle against addiction is won! Once you have acknowledged to yourself your fears, you have to then find a (sane) way of dealing with them, another support system. If you want that degree, you have to study for it (study/changing your own attitude becomes a support system). That simple. For instance, if I were a student needing to get the uni credits, it could be that I had certain periods of 'downfall' in my student life. Also, that I am a bit lazy by nature. However, time will not stop and others around me are successfully passing out and getting jobs, settling down, etc. The net result is frustration for me. BUT, as I explained before, I'd be most afraid to blame my ownself, since that would mean doing something/burning the midnight oil to get those credits, but I'm lazy.. yet want to make my life because heart of heart I know that things cannot go on this way (as you too said in your post). And, if I do not do something, something will be done to me. THis I can assure you. THAT is the power of the outer planets and Saturn!!! When I know I am on the wrong path, but don't exercise that sweet free-will to correct myself, then come back and say... why is life unfair to me - life teaches me a lesson.

That is exactly what I was afraid of. I have FELT the power of Pluto in the 1st in the past...
Yes, on the downside, Pluto in the first house native can have a tendency to be self-destructive. Pluto in the first native internally looks for challenges, sometimes 'shadowy' ones. I have done a few charts of Pluto-in-the-first natives. They have to face some self-transformation in some way. That is what they are born with. Often these individuals have faced some sort of an above-average setback before reaching their teens even (that is the 1st house, too). That said, on the upside, Pluto gives immense determination and will-power to the self (ist house). Two sides to every coin. Why not exercise the free-will here and use it sensibly, as said. This is what I meant earlier on. If anyone, Pluto in the first can kick that addiction monster in the bum, and self-transform. Pluto in the first gives its natives more power to handle such situations on their own. This is not to deny you outside help, and, if you need it, get it. But you get the message.

I need to quit and I need to do it fast before my life gets anymore complicated. And you're right, I do have the willpower, I lost like 60 pounds at the age of 12, so I need to channel that strength....
Yes, you do have that will-power. You have just let addiction get the better of you till now. It has become a monster with you clutched in its huge hand, and your fear and ease of escapism have been feeding it. Once you turn that tap off, that monster's source of nourishment will stop. Et voila, you will have conquered that monster. Then give him a life-long sentence, and shut him away never looking back!!!! Sometimes you need to visualise it like a movie, but do NOT please forget your own action role after you have finished watching the movie. W/o that only the movie will end, not the monster. Heard the famous saying: sometimes, we cannot see the light at the end of a tunnel, simply because we have been walking with our eyes closed!!!!! You seem to have opened yours now, keep them open and do something about.... !!!!

Astrologically, when you know a planet has the power to act, since that energy is going to do its work anyway, harness the energy for something that will benefit you and others. The energy then gets channelled in a different direction, for a useful purpose. It is energy, and often we are given a choice in a way to use it for different purposes.

Remember that Pluto in the first throughout your life!! Pluto power is a lot of power, you are born with it. Find ways to keep it busy and working towards your good. It needs to be kept busy as a slave. You don't want it to become a nasty master.

Best always

PS: Dido is cool. Thanks for the link. :)

Last edited: