Saturn and Uranus conjunct Sun?

astrobunny

Saturn and Uranus both conjunct my sun in Capricorn by 2 degrees. They are literally opposite energies. What does this mean?

Are you unconventional but struggle with showing it or try to restrict your unconventional-ness yourself? I imagine there's an identity struggle with your identity to the status quo.

(Also, I plan on looking over the charts you posted of you & your lady! Just haven't gotten to it yet lol)

katydid

Luckily for you, your entire peer group has that same weird conjunction of opposing energies in Capricorn. If it was just you, trying to fit in with everyone, it would be difficult. But all of this small segment of young people have this odd, uniquely creative, conjunction. You happen to have it on your Sun, so you will be one that will highlight this energy, and give it life.

I have done a zillion charts with various combinations of that conjunction because my kids have that too. And so do all of their friends. [ not with the Sun there though.]

Donna Cunningham has a great description of Saturn/Uranus ,= ' a sane weirdo.'

Here is her description:

One quality I often observe in people like myself with Uranus-Saturn aspects is the pairing of off-beat ideas and interests with sound ways of expressing and applying them–a combination that enhances their ability to serve as a bridge between two distinct subcultures.

https://skywriter.wordpress.com/200...ith-uranus-saturn-aspects-in-the-birth-chart/

Saturn needs structure, stability, and a sense of accomplishment, while Uranus detests stagnation and chafes at any constriction to its freedom.

The house placements of Saturn and Uranus or of Capricorn and Aquarius show what areas of life this pattern touches. People who have one or both planets in the vocational houses (2nd, 6th, or 10th) or aspecting the Midheaven may work very hard to establish a career or business and, because of their many gifts and capabilities, may enjoy an enviable success. Over the course of a lifetime, there are likely to be several dramatic shifts in career direction as they become so bored and restless that they start over from scratch. If the Moon, the IC, or 4th house planets are aspected by this pair, we can see people with a touch of gypsy in their soul who make major relocations every few years. If the 7th house is involved, these folks might have a series of unconventional committed relationships that work for a respectable length of time but ultimately end. Major life departures like those above tend to occur under Uranus transits or transits that set off the natal Uranus-Saturn aspect.

Capricorn2616

Are you unconventional but struggle with showing it or try to restrict your unconventional-ness yourself? I imagine there's an identity struggle with your identity to the status quo.

(Also, I plan on looking over the charts you posted of you & your lady! Just haven't gotten to it yet lol)

Thank you, Astrobunny! Yes I have always felt like I have to conform to the status quo in order to fit in and I hate it. I'm always afraid if I'm completely true to myself I'll be deemed too strange and rejected by my peer groups. I just figured everyone felt like that.

Capricorn2616

Luckily for you, your entire peer group has that same weird conjunction of opposing energies in Capricorn. If it was just you, trying to fit in with everyone, it would be difficult. But all of this small segment of young people have this odd, uniquely creative, conjunction. You happen to have it on your Sun, so you will be one that will highlight this energy, and give it life.

I have done a zillion charts with various combinations of that conjunction because my kids have that too. And so do all of their friends. [ not with the Sun there though.]

Donna Cunningham has a great description of Saturn/Uranus ,= ' a sane weirdo.'

Here is her description:

One quality I often observe in people like myself with Uranus-Saturn aspects is the pairing of off-beat ideas and interests with sound ways of expressing and applying them–a combination that enhances their ability to serve as a bridge between two distinct subcultures.

https://skywriter.wordpress.com/200...ith-uranus-saturn-aspects-in-the-birth-chart/

Saturn needs structure, stability, and a sense of accomplishment, while Uranus detests stagnation and chafes at any constriction to its freedom.

The house placements of Saturn and Uranus or of Capricorn and Aquarius show what areas of life this pattern touches. People who have one or both planets in the vocational houses (2nd, 6th, or 10th) or aspecting the Midheaven may work very hard to establish a career or business and, because of their many gifts and capabilities, may enjoy an enviable success. Over the course of a lifetime, there are likely to be several dramatic shifts in career direction as they become so bored and restless that they start over from scratch. If the Moon, the IC, or 4th house planets are aspected by this pair, we can see people with a touch of gypsy in their soul who make major relocations every few years. If the 7th house is involved, these folks might have a series of unconventional committed relationships that work for a respectable length of time but ultimately end. Major life departures like those above tend to occur under Uranus transits or transits that set off the natal Uranus-Saturn aspect.

Thank you for the in depth response, Katydid! I'm responding from my phone, so my response won't be as thorough as I would like it to be. Your post was very enlightening and reassuring. Have you ever heard something like, Saturn in Capricorn lessens its power over conjunct planets? I read that online yesterday. I'm still so new to all of this it's hard to know what sources to trust, but you sound extremely knowledgeable on this particular question. My stellium is in my third house .. I don't know if it conjuncts my IC, but the gypsy discription definitely fit. I just realized that I always moved every few years as a kid, and I subconsciously do the same as an adult. Seems like an obvious pattern .. Don't know how it took me so long to connect the dots.

katydid

I don't think your conjunction will lessen Saturn's power. I think it will enhance it. The 3rd house is not a super comfortable place for Saturn without help from more communication oriented planets like Uranus and the Sun. So your Saturn' will be empowered by the Solar Fire and the electronic expertise brought forth in the conjunction. Are you involved in Mass media, social Media, technology, computers, journalism? anything similar to...?

buggiebw

If a planet conjuncts sun in small degree we call it is "burned" by sun energy.
sun - uranus: means that you might have a tendency to ignore what is the norm of the world. Because you focus more on the sun, rather than self. This could make you not too flexible in certain envoirnment.

sun-saturn: You had problem expressing yourself while growing up. You tend to be very harsh on yourself. What you want is not easy to get, so you are quite serious about life in general.

Capricorn2616

I don't think your conjunction will lessen Saturn's power. I think it will enhance it. The 3rd house is not a super comfortable place for Saturn without help from more communication oriented planets like Uranus and the Sun. So your Saturn' will be empowered by the Solar Fire and the electronic expertise brought forth in the conjunction. Are you involved in Mass media, social Media, technology, computers, journalism? anything similar to...?

I've always wanted to be a writer and have been attracted to the idea of blogging. But my Saturn would make me feel like what's the point, practically speaking. I have Mercury in this house too .. So it seems like the logical direction.

Capricorn2616

If a planet conjuncts sun in small degree we call it is "burned" by sun energy.
sun - uranus: means that you might have a tendency to ignore what is the norm of the world. Because you focus more on the sun, rather than self. This could make you not too flexible in certain envoirnment.

sun-saturn: You had problem expressing yourself while growing up. You tend to be very harsh on yourself. What you want is not easy to get, so you are quite serious about life in general.

Very accurate! Thanks for your interpretation Buggie

astrobunny

Thank you, Astrobunny! Yes I have always felt like I have to conform to the status quo in order to fit in and I hate it. I'm always afraid if I'm completely true to myself I'll be deemed too strange and rejected by my peer groups. I just figured everyone felt like that.
I think all people do, but it may be more important to your identity than other peoples' based on it being your sun (personal ego/identity) that conjuncts Saturn (restriction) and Uranus (the unconventional).

I noticed you said your sun & stellium are in the 3rd house, which deals with communication. I imagine being open about either the more unconventional parts of your life or talking about your unconventional ideas might be really important to you.

Do you work with people/in a group or are involved in efforts regarding minorities?

Capricorn2616

I think all people do, but it may be more important to your identity than other peoples' based on it being your sun (personal ego/identity) that conjuncts Saturn (restriction) and Uranus (the unconventional).

I noticed you said your sun & stellium are in the 3rd house, which deals with communication. I imagine being open about either the more unconventional parts of your life or talking about your unconventional ideas might be really important to you.

Do you work with people/in a group or are involved in efforts regarding minorities?

I am not currently working with a group, but I have always felt an intense desire to stand up for the underdog or those on the outskirts of society. You are right about talking about unconventional ideas being important to me. That's why I joined this site because I didn't feel like I had an outlet where I wouldn't be judged. So thank you all so much for responding.

katydid

I've always wanted to be a writer and have been attracted to the idea of blogging. But my Saturn would make me feel like what's the point, practically speaking. I have Mercury in this house too .. So it seems like the logical direction.

So when your Saturn asks 'what's the point' then you answer and explain the point. You can direct your Saturn. It does not need to direct you. As long as you are doing things in a Saturn sanctioned way, Saturn will get onboard with your ambitions. Find a way to justify/explain what the point is ' of blogging/writing that Saturn can understand and Saturn will be your biggest supporter.

If you say, for example, I want to speak for the under dog, help those who don't feel they fit in, I want to help others with their self esteem, or with the effects of bullying, then Saturn will work to help you build a cohesive, well thought out and structured foundation for your efforts.

Capricorn2616

So when your Saturn asks 'what's the point' then you answer and explain the point. You can direct your Saturn. It does not need to direct you. As long as you are doing things in a Saturn sanctioned way, Saturn will get onboard with your ambitions. Find a way to justify/explain what the point is ' of blogging/writing that Saturn can understand and Saturn will be your biggest supporter.

If you say, for example, I want to speak for the under dog, help those who don't feel they fit in, I want to help others with their self esteem, or with the effects of bullying, then Saturn will work to help you build a cohesive, well thought out and structured foundation for your efforts.

:)! Thank you for that perspective! I will work on this.