Should I meet him in real life?

astroner

Will anything good come from it, or will it just be a waste??

I'm Venus in Gemini conjunct Mercury, which rules my 2nd & 5th? house. Turning that into his 8th & 11th (is this right? can't really do the cusp thing) he's Mars in Taurus. Is it good that we are both in my 1st house? But there are soo many planets between us. Why am I conjunct Mercury? Could that be someone else entirely?

Mars & Venus make no aspects. Is that an automatic no? I did notice the Moon & Sun have good reception, right? Also Moon sextiles Venus by 3. I told him we could meet this Sunday..3 days from today's date.

Ohh, I think Mercury is actually my ex. He officially moved out 4 days ago. He has an "online gf", so I want to start moving on as well.

Will it be a good idea to meet up with this guy, or will my ex suddenly interfere?? I see Venus & Mercury applying by 8..

I also notice Neptune & Chiron in this guy's 5th house. Could it mean that he holds me on a pedestal (we have been talking online without meeting on & off for 10 years..long story) & will be disappointed (Chiron) once we do meet?

Maybe Mercury is actually this other online guy "L" who I started talking to at the end of December. I told him I would like to meet around the 25th, which is 9 days from today's date (Venus & Mercury applying by 8). However, I do not like him - I don't think he's my type :(, but I love his personality..-sigh- opposite with Mars man (the one I want to meet this Sunday)..

Thanks in advance for your help.

1rce4y.jpg

Last edited:

astroner

I'm always confused about reception. People always confuse me with their methods, lol. Since Mars is in Taurus, doesn't that mean he "likes" me more as oppose the other way around? Per reading this, that is what I gathered..

Reception is like this: a good example, which is used in the article I linked, is a scene from the film 'Kingdom of Heaven', where an emissary from the Christian army goes to visit Saladin, leader of the Muslim army.

In this scene, Saladin (Mars) receives the emissary (Venus) as a guest in his tent, because Venus is in *his* sign. In this case, Venus is in Aries, the sign of her detriment. The emissary (Venus) is at a serious disadvantage in Saladin's (Mars) tent, because she is in his territory. Mars has the advantage. Venus in detriment has nothing to offer Mars because there is no mutual reception; so in this case, Mars has the power to decide whether to treat Venus as a guest, or throw her out of the tent.

If there were mutual reception in signs where there was some dignity, it would be more of an even playing field, like Saladin and the emissary coming to the table with terms of mutual advantage; conversely, if, say, Venus was in Aries and Mars was in Taurus, there would be mutual reception, although in the signs of one another's detriment. This would be like Saladin and the emissary meeting in an open field surrounded by both of their armies, swords drawn. Neither would win an argument; it is bad for both of them.

IleneK

Premium Member
I'm always confused about reception. People always confuse me with their methods, lol. Since Mars is in Taurus, doesn't that mean he "likes" me more as oppose the other way around? Per reading this, that is what I gathered..

This is how I see it: I take you/Venus to "like" him/Mars, because Mars is in the sign that Venus rules. He/Mars is under the influence of the sign of Taurus, so he/Mars is appealing to you/ Venus.

astroner

But Lily's example isn't like that (?) I tried that before, and a guy told me it was wrong (the way you're explaining it)

The emissary (Venus) is at a serious disadvantage in Saladin's (Mars) tent, because she is in his territory. Mars has the advantage. Venus in detriment has nothing to offer Mars because there is no mutual reception; so in this case, Mars has the power to decide whether to treat Venus as a guest, or throw her out of the tent.

In this case Mars is in my territory in his detriment. He has nothing to offer me (true, I am dating around testing my options in Gemini, however I do *like* him, but I just never thought he was my type. Also, I have kids & he's 2 years younger & no job, profession, etc--I know that may sound a bit materialistic, but that's how I have to think when I have kids), and I have the advantage per this quote. It fits as far as I know :p

Also, he's always the one to pursue. He initiated contact after many years. Usually I ignored him..I was acting aloof up until the end of March.

This is how I see it: I take you/Venus to "like" him/Mars, because Mars is in the sign that Venus rules. He/Mars is under the influence of the sign of Taurus, so he/Mars is appealing to you/ Venus.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
First, it sounds to me like you are bringing in way too imagination and characters into this scenario.

The question is simply: Should I meet him?

You = Venus
He = Mars

Will anything good come from it, or will it just be a waste??

I'm Venus in Gemini conjunct Mercury, which rules my 2nd & 5th? house. Turning that into his 8th & 11th (is this right? can't really do the cusp thing) he's Mars in Taurus. Is it good that we are both in my 1st house? But there are soo many planets between us. Why am I conjunct Mercury? Could that be someone else entirely?
His being in your house suggests that he has an interest in you. Your being in your house suggests that you may be thinking more about yourself than him, or any of the other parties that your refer to. It is important to stay focused on the significators for you and for him. Mercury does not answer your question.
Mars & Venus make no aspects. Is that an automatic no? I did notice the Moon & Sun have good reception, right? Also Moon sextiles Venus by 3. I told him we could meet this Sunday..3 days from today's date.
If the two significators do not apply to an aspect, then typically there will likely be no meaningful coming together. However, I would not say it is an automatic no when primary significators do not aspect, as there can be aspects between secondary or co-significators that might make a difference. But that does not appear to happen here.
Ohh, I think Mercury is actually my ex. He officially moved out 4 days ago. He has an "online gf", so I want to start moving on as well.

Will it be a good idea to meet up with this guy, or will my ex suddenly interfere?? I see Venus & Mercury applying by 8..

I also notice Neptune & Chiron in this guy's 5th house. Could it mean that he holds me on a pedestal (we have been talking online without meeting on & off for 10 years..long story) & will be disappointed (Chiron) once we do meet?

Maybe Mercury is actually this other online guy "L" who I started talking to at the end of December. I told him I would like to meet around the 25th, which is 9 days from today's date (Venus & Mercury applying by 8). However, I do not like him - I don't think he's my type :(, but I love his personality..-sigh- opposite with Mars man (the one I want to meet this Sunday)..

Thanks in advance for your help.

While I have no comment about the rest of you post, I would add, though, that reception between the significators may be an indicator of the directions of feelings, or who likes whom. Based on the signs, it looks to me that you/Venus may be more interested in him/Mars, in the sign of Taurus, than he/Mars is in the your/Venus' sign of Gemini.

Since your breakup is so very recent, it seems this might be a time to try to center and calm to see what might be best to do next. Perhaps it is nothing, for a while...?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
But Lily's example isn't like that (?) I tried that before, and a guy told me it was wrong (the way you're explaining it)

In this case Mars is in my territory in his detriment. He has nothing to offer me (true, I am dating around testing my options in Gemini, however I do *like* him, but I just never thought he was my type. Also, I have kids & he's 2 years younger & no job, profession, etc--I know that may sound a bit materialistic, but that's how I have to think when I have kids), and I have the advantage per this quote. It fits as far as I know :p

Also, he's always the one to pursue. He initiated contact after many years. Usually I ignored him..I was acting aloof up until the end of March.

I agree that there is a difference of opinion about how to interpret reception, plus some folks feel there is no reception without there being an applying aspect between the significators. I was just trying to share with you how I see it.

Regarding his unsuitability as you describe it, I think it fits well then with the interpretation of their being no aspect between your significators so no you shouldn't meet him.

astroner

No, hun that's how I interpret horary charts. I look at every aspect that is relevant. Such as Mercury coming to join Venus and what Moon is doing as well. I am well aware about who I am and who he is, and see no aspects between us, but that doesn't mean horary doesn't answer other things (I have interpreted many other charts where I was able to extract extra information. It's not imagination, it's intuition).

Horary to me isn't just about one aspect. There are many other details one can get from a chart. I have done so with many others in the past. I just can't do it for myself as well as I do for others.

I don't agree with your take on reception when he's the one chasing me & the one who initiates contact with me. I'll stick to Lilly's example since it fits my situation more. He is the one calling me begging me to meet him. Makes no sense to me how I'm the one that likes him more.

EDIT: Oops, not Lilly - FRAWLEY

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
No, hun that's how I interpret horary charts. I look at every aspect that is relevant. Such as Mercury coming to join Venus and what Moon is doing as well. I am well aware about who I am and who he is, and see no aspects between us, but that doesn't mean horary doesn't answer other things (I have interpreted many other charts where I was able to extract extra information. It's not imagination, it's intuition).

Horary to me isn't just about one aspect. There are many other details one can get from a chart. I have done so with many others in the past. I just can't do it for myself as well as I do for others.

I don't agree with your take on reception when he's the one chasing me & the one who initiates contact with me. I'll stick to Lilly's example since it fits my situation more. He is the one calling me begging me to meet him. Makes no sense to me how I'm the one that likes him more.

Fair enough.

astroner

The reception in the horary makes sense. There's nothing he can do to meet me. He even said it himself,"the ball is in your court". I'm the one that has to decide whether to meet him now, keeping him waiting, or move on. It's the honest to God truth..

He has actually begged to meet me, but I have declined so many times..

But I agree it's a no, there probably won't be anything positive that will happen if I meet him. Thank you for taking the time to answer my doubts :).

IleneK

Premium Member

EDIT: Oops, not Lilly - FRAWLEY.

I appreciate your comment earlier in this thread about being confused by reception. It can be confusing to me and there are different camps on the interpretation of reception.

I am glad you mention Frawley, who I really like a lot and rely on quite a bit as a modern source, as there is significant disagreement in the forum horary community and elsewhere about how he interprets the concept of reception. You can do a search here in the AW forum to read the pro's and con's of Frawley's interpretation of reception, if that is of interest to you.

But I am not asserting that I am right, only that it makes sense to me. And I am not trying to change your mind, only wanting to share my take on the matter.

Best to you.

Last edited:

astroner

Yes, that's understandable ;). The facts of my situation fit well with the reception on this horary. He has always been the one after me, and not sure if you have read before, but I have never felt attracted to him (not my type) until recently - very weird, but he has always liked me. And going by who wants to really meet - it is him who always always brings it up, while I always dodge it =). Not sure why, but Frawley's fit well here for me, but of course to each their own. I will stick with this from now on. In the past others have tried to change my mind, but it never made sense to me with the reception of the charts since it was inaccurate..

rafaella

I have found Frawley's reception method to be more accurate as well, but its the one I started learning first and I decided to stick with it....its up to each and everyone to follow one and not to change their reception rules with every new chart. Despite what people think, Frawley has based his horary study heavily on Lilly, except for reception which I am sure he had good reason to change....

But for this chart- yes he is into you, both his ruler Mars and Sun are in 1st house ruled by Venus (you). Mars, though is combust and in detriment, Sun is peregrine. Your ruler Venus is in 2nd house (at the cusp of 2nd, within 5 degree of a cusp is considered to be in the next house) also peregrine with no aspect to either of his rulers. Yes you are concerned with Money - 2nd house and ruler of 2nd (Mer) applying to Venus. Mercury also rules 6th, not 5th...

Moon, is in Leo, peregrine and will next square Saturn. So this shows if you do see him, things won't go well for you... its not worth it. Saturn Rx right at 7th cusp points to something heavy and depressive on this man...Saturn afflicts here...

Yes Mercury can be someone else, its well dignified, perhaps someone from work (6th) who may make a move...it can be something else as well.

cheers :)

Last edited:

astroner

Thanks Rafaella. Yes, it has proven accurate more than once for me as well :).

That is true about Saturn being there. He can't seem to get over his old ex gf. He confessed this to me, and it really turned me off. I told him he had too much baggage, but he says he's "over her", but I don't think so!

Mercury probably means that I'll be focusing on work more (creative/intuitive work) ;). I am hoping it's someone else though, lol. But I guess I have to remain grounded. I don't really have a "normal" job. It could definitely mean money since Gemini rules 2nd ^^.

Thanks a lot for your input

IleneK

Premium Member
I want to thank both of you for this discussion of reception. The theory, along with the particular circumstances, has helped me understand more clearly how to apply it.

astroner

No Problem, IleneK. I will still meet him in real life despite the no. I want to finally meet him after all of these years, lol. Will see how it goes & update.

astroner

Update - Yesterday I made sure early in the morning to ask him if he wanted to meet & he agreed. Then, at night he claims he was sick in bed all day & I asked him why he couldn't tell me earlier (lies!). Not sure what was holding him back, but I got sick of it (no pun intended) & blocked him everywhere. He can no longer text, & luckily he doesn't know my number because I always called him private when he asked me to talk on the phone =].

He doesn't know I am upset because I didn't tell him. Just wished him to get well, and made a joke before I blocked him everywhere.

Don't think it's possible for us to meet any longer. Unless I initiate, which I won't. Moon rules my third, Saturn rx his = Bad communication caused the end. The aspects by 2 = 2 weeks from May 16th 2013. This horary was spot on!!

Last edited: