Which career path should I choose

brightceci

Attached my relocation and a natal chart. I usually go by my relocation houses for the transits, might not fit well when it comes to my career choice?

I have two ideas I would like to build my career on:
1. A venture capital and private equity firm - I have 2.5 years experience with this except that my deals were stolen and my con-artist misogynistic partner and his cronies didn't work out. So second time I will be smarter, without taking any partners from the start (I have moon+mars+mercury conjunct + pluto stellium in Libra in natal 7th house), my experience with partnerships haven't been great, in fact, they were a disaster. Seems that I always either attract scammers and narcissistic people, not trustable people.

2. Pursue a psychology and counseling career, and become a spiritual counselor that focus on depression, dealing with life losses, etc. I know they are not the same thing. I have a spiritual counseling certificate but it didn't really give me the credential, nor my confidence in actually counseling clients. It was in metaphysics and the school no longer exists!

These are two very different paths, one is more in the spiritual, emotional and helping others, while the other is more or less in the money-driven world. My 'tribe' will be very different. Finance or Counseling?

Attachments

• cecilia-natal.gif
    cecilia-natal.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
  • cecilia-relocate.gif
    cecilia-relocate.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Amethyst27

I'm not the best at reading charts, but I will say that you will probably do best in neither one of those careers. I can see you are a very social person, but driven by being bold. You would be great at being your own boss and making your own rules, without relying on other people which you have a hard time trusting in business. You should aim more towards a career where you can be social, move a lot, manage yourself but make a lot of money since it is a point for you.

ANUP

Dear Friend

Jupitor is decisive planet for your suitable career line.
Opt for teaaching, banking or you could be a good lawyer.

You can also be a counselor or a banker too.

Good luck

-Anup
www.kascorner.com

brightceci

I'm not the best at reading charts, but I will say that you will probably do best in neither one of those careers. I can see you are a very social person, but driven by being bold. You would be great at being your own boss and making your own rules, without relying on other people which you have a hard time trusting in business. You should aim more towards a career where you can be social, move a lot, manage yourself but make a lot of money since it is a point for you.

Thanks! You are correct I hate corporate hierarchy and I hate the feeling of 'being put down'and feeling disrespect. Making money is not as important thought although making enough to pay the bills is good. I think it's because of my Scorpio north node, I lost my finance security and a lot of material stuff. That was a result of what you said...being bold...I was blackballed in my own industry because of whistleblowing on one of my client namely the government.

brightceci

Dear Friend

Jupitor is decisive planet for your suitable career line.
Opt for teaaching, banking or you could be a good lawyer.

You can also be a counselor or a banker too.

Good luck

-Anup
www.kascorner.com

Thanks Anup! Interesting you mentioned lawyer. I have thought about being a lawyer but (always a but, right?) I don't like arguing nor being confronted. When I was younger in school I found law students were the most obnoxious. Being overseas with my language skills not up to par I also found it difficult to get high score in law courses (I did try to take a few law courses).
Being a minority woman too in foreign land I found it hard to get respect in the male dominated industry after all these years of trying, and feeling very tired of it. I'm failing in this regard. So I figured something more 'female' like counceling might be a better pursue, and better for my health. Banking though is all male energy but is definitely something I drawn to.

Jupiter is in my second house (Western chart), I would have thought this is a good placement for money matters but it hasn't been that way.

Last edited:

LTS

Hi Cecelia,
I wonder if you have ever considered being a financial advisor? Either on your own or with an established firm.... You appear very others-focused as well as having some strong & decisive aspects. With your Mercury right on your descendant, as well as your NN right on the cusp of other people's money in Scorpio, I think financial advising might allow you to use both fields at the same time- also possibly teaching. Your Virgo sun would build my trust in your competence, and your Pisces ascendant give me confidence that you care about your recommendations to me. Just a thought :) I'm certainly not professional! Good luck to you! LTS

brightceci

Hi Cecelia,
I wonder if you have ever considered being a financial advisor? Either on your own or with an established firm.... You appear very others-focused as well as having some strong & decisive aspects. With your Mercury right on your descendant, as well as your NN right on the cusp of other people's money in Scorpio, I think financial advising might allow you to use both fields at the same time- also possibly teaching. Your Virgo sun would build my trust in your competence, and your Pisces ascendant give me confidence that you care about your recommendations to me. Just a thought :) I'm certainly not professional! Good luck to you! LTS

Thanks LTS :)
Yes about being a financial advisor, in a different light I suppose. Venture capital company involve me going out to find/convince investors to invest in my financial strategy that I believe have high potential returns... selfishly including one of my own business in the portfolio. I will never work for someone else, I just know I won't be happy, will quit or get fired. To be honest I think most financial advisors out there are scam artists (most not all), and I don't want to become one.

How does the house cusp effect our charts?
I didn't find too many resources about that. As you can see, my planets tends to be all on cusps!

Teaching I had tried. I wasn't successful in finding a college to hire me, they all wanted a degree in some sort of education. I did however tried to construct my course s while running my accounting firm (not so much a firm than a one man show now), I found myself having so much hard time focusing on it. My Pisces rising is definitely messing up with my focusing ability.

Either way, both finance and psychology require studying and getting some school credentials and licenses. I like both, just won't be able to afford the money time and effort on both. I am 40, law school or education degree is out of the
question now. I feel that whichever way I go for is the one, if I choose the wrong one my life will be wasted! (My Libra stellium talking!)

rafaella

Attached my relocation and a natal chart. I usually go by my relocation houses for the transits, might not fit well when it comes to my career choice?

I have two ideas I would like to build my career on:
1. A venture capital and private equity firm - I have 2.5 years experience with this except that my deals were stolen and my con-artist misogynistic partner and his cronies didn't work out. So second time I will be smarter, without taking any partners from the start (I have moon+mars+mercury conjunct + pluto stellium in Libra in natal 7th house), my experience with partnerships haven't been great, in fact, they were a disaster. Seems that I always either attract scammers and narcissistic people, not trustable people.

2. Pursue a psychology and counseling career, and become a spiritual counselor that focus on depression, dealing with life losses, etc. I know they are not the same thing. I have a spiritual counseling certificate but it didn't really give me the credential, nor my confidence in actually counseling clients. It was in metaphysics and the school no longer exists!

These are two very different paths, one is more in the spiritual, emotional and helping others, while the other is more or less in the money-driven world. My 'tribe' will be very different. Finance or Counseling?

You are nearly 41, if you don't want to study anymore, then I'd suggest with going back to the field/studies you have already done and try find a job within that. If running your own accounting firm hasn't worked then find a job, I understand this may not be what you want but one has to be realistic and make the most of the situation. You have Pisces ASC, Pisces is very out there dreaming of better life, can get carried away. I know, I have Pisces too in my chart. You can always go back to working for yourself after you gained more experience.

I believe working with finances is the right thing for you. Jupiter, your ASC and 10th ruler in 3rd in Gemeni, so communication is also there. Jupiter however is in detriment and in dual sign, so you will always be doing a bit of this and a bit of that, not a solid one job or field. Moon in 7th with Mars and Mercury, Mercury seems to be the strongest indication of profession, Mercury rules communication and accounting. NN in 8th - other people's money. 7th house, dealing with clients.

Hello Bright,

Most definitely Law or Counselling, as indicated by the planets. You will shine in any of them.

Good luck.

Peter.

NB:

1. Since you stated that English is not your first language, perhaps you should consider taking additional classes in English Language conversation, whilst you pursue the career path as indicated by the planetary bodies. I emphasise that this is my own suggestion and nothing to do with the planets.

2. As a Financial Trader of 6.5 years, I know fully well that the industry is full of scammers - brokers, failed Traders, useless strategies that only cause one to lose money, to name but only a few. Scammers would always be found in large numbers whenever money is involved. Beware.

brightceci

You are nearly 41, if you don't want to study anymore, then I'd suggest with going back to the field/studies you have already done and try find a job within that. If running your own accounting firm hasn't worked then find a job, I understand this may not be what you want but one has to be realistic and make the most of the situation. You have Pisces ASC, Pisces is very out there dreaming of better life, can get carried away. I know, I have Pisces too in my chart. You can always go back to working for yourself after you gained more experience.

I believe working with finances is the right thing for you. Jupiter, your ASC and 10th ruler in 3rd in Gemeni, so communication is also there. Jupiter however is in detriment and in dual sign, so you will always be doing a bit of this and a bit of that, not a solid one job or field. Moon in 7th with Mars and Mercury, Mercury seems to be the strongest indication of profession, Mercury rules communication and accounting. NN in 8th - other people's money. 7th house, dealing with clients.

You are so right about the reality check. The reality is though, I wasn't able to pass any Security Clearance at the end of any job interviews due to my whistleblower incident. My background was in IT in finance and accounting. My job interviews and experience were mostly from banks and governments. All require a mid to high-level security clearance (whatever that means). After a while, I feel bad about myself, and feel bad wasting all the resource managers and head hunters time and reputation to present me to their clients. I am not lacking the education so to speak, except I am also not a CPA and no plan to getting the credential. I have tried looking for jobs. It's been 5 years since the first newspaper surface the half-truth whistleblowing case. I just didn't anticipate such hurdles for me to get a job. I can't even get a low-level job from a local store. When managers asked me 'so what did you do before'... I guess I am just not a good liar. My ego and my age have standing in the way too. I got so upset and angry at the situation I become depressed sometimes.

So after 5 years, getting flip flop around to stay afloat, I figure it is time to start fresh. Totally fresh. Forget about the past whatever happened before and whatever accomplishments I might have. Clean slate. At the same time, I am aware that half of my life has gone too.

Your planetary analysis makes sense. I haven't really handled other people's money before. It's a huge responsibility. Finance is a field I am not a total newbie (in theory)

LTS

Hi Cecelia, Rafaella and Peter H have given you great feedback, I'm glad to read it! Re: the house cusp question, planets conjuncting house cusps highlight the relationship between them. And I've been looking at your house cusps 2, 6 & 10 to try to find a pattern (since those tend to be vocational houses) and it doesn't really jump out at me.

I actually keep going back to your Libra stellium :) and really your whole 7th house, including your Uranus..... Your Jupiter at 0 Gem trines most of your stellium (not Pluto I guess) and also Venus - all your personal planets except your sun! My vibe is that working with people (and probably counseling) is where your future is.... as you say, you're at the point that you need more education in one field or another to advance, and nothing says you can't work in one field and work toward a degree in something else. That's what I've been doing, and I'm even older than you are! :) I'm not experienced enough at this to say anything definitive, but I just want to encourage you, don't feel that you're too old to get an education. If half your life is gone, the other half of your life is still left. What do you really want to do with it? I know financing it is always an issue, but I have a sense that if you reach the point where you feel certain of your next step and commit, it will work out at that point. You've demonstrated that you are a brave person and I'm pulling for you, whatever you decide!

(PS This has nothing to do with your chart - but if you commit to work toward a degree in either counseling OR finance, I think it will be easier for you to get a job. If you present yourself as a person who is redirecting your career for reasons of conscience / values, and getting the education to back it up, that makes sense to employers. Also, don't hesitate to include any significant volunteering, leadership or study in your resume to fill the gaps - you may be doing that already, but sometimes people hesitate to. It's important to show you've been active & growing since your last job ended. Just my .02!)

brightceci

Most definitely Law or Counselling, as indicated by the planets. You will shine in any of them.

Thanks Peter. You guys got me thinking about giving Law a chance. In fact, my intention in part of my Finance study is to get a Compliance Officer credential. These credits can apply to maybe security law or tax law if I decided to pursue law.

2. As a Financial Trader of 6.5 years, I know fully well that the industry is full of scammers - brokers, failed Traders, useless strategies that only cause one to lose money, to name but only a few. Scammers would always be found in large numbers whenever money is involved. Beware.

Brokers are the worst, aren't they? I didn't want to offend anyone but this has been my own experience. Large numbers are correct. It's like the 80/20 rules, 80% are scams.