Share the nuance of your ascendent

SCP11

I'm a scorpio rising but it isn't obvious at least not according to stereotypes

It's because the ruling planet Mars is (retrograde) in genuine and sometimes worried Virgo

For that reason, my ascendent plays out as being reserved, strategic, trying to be good or not offensive way, my scorpionic messiness is played out in virgo's simple minimalist style which i notice played out in the way i routinise the way i do the dishes and make my food, my preferences for layouts of furniture etc.

i've noticed how the ruling planet of ascendent can massively skew the ascendent qualities and how important it is

I'd be interested to see how others' rising signs are played out in different ways according to ruling planet placements

What's yours?

Here's the traditional rulerships:

Leo - Sun
Cancer - Moon
Aries - Mars
Scorpio - Mars
Libra - Venus
Taurus - Venus
Gemini - Mercury
Virgo - Mercury
Aquarius - Saturn
Capricorn - Saturn
Pisces - Jupiter
Sagittarius - Jupiter

SunConjunctUranus

Hello, greetings!

Can you expand this statement based on the statements of the astrologers originating from ancient texts, please? I asked this because there is no such "stereotypes" when deliniate a birth chart using ancient techniques.

It's because the ruling planet Mars is (retrograde) in genuine and sometimes worried Virgo

Yes, Scorpio is ruled by Mars according to most authors and naturally ruled 5th house with Thema Mundi concept. But I really don't know that "planet Mars is in genuine and sometimes worried Virgo", do you have any citations from ancient text about this?

For that reason, my ascendent plays out as being reserved, strategic, trying to be good or not offensive way, my scorpionic messiness is played out in virgo's simple minimalist style which i notice played out in the way i routinise the way i do the dishes and make my food, my preferences for layouts of furniture etc.

Actually no, the image of Scorpio is as follow :

Scorpio is the house of Mars, feminine, solid, rainy, fecund, destructive, downward-trending, mute, servile, unchangeable, the cause of stenches, a destroyer of property, ecliptic, having many feet.

Men born under this sign are tricky, base, thieves, murderers, traitors, incorrigible, destroyers of property, connivers,burglars, perjurers, covetous of others’ property, accomplices in murder, poisonings, and other
crimes, haters of their own family

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

i've noticed how the ruling planet of ascendent can massively skew the ascendent qualities and how important it is

Okay, thank you if you already noticed about Scorpio rising is very important in your life.

I'd be interested to see how others' rising signs are played out in different ways according to ruling planet placements

What's yours?

Leo - Sun
Cancer - Moon
Aries - Mars
Scorpio - Mars
Libra - Venus
Taurus - Venus
Gemini - Mercury
Virgo - Mercury
Aquarius - Saturn
Capricorn - Saturn
Pisces - Jupiter
Sagittarius - Jupiter

Aries is the house of Mars, a masculine sign, tropic, terrestrial, governing, fiery, free, upward-trending, semi-vocal, noble, changeable, procuratorial, public, civic, with few offspring, servile, the Midheaven of the universe and the cause of rank, two-toned (since the sun and the moon make white lichen). It is also unaspected and ecliptic.

Depending on its relationship with the houseruler, men born under this sign will be brilliant, distinguished, authoritarian, just, hard on offenders, free, governing, bold in thought, boastful, great-hearted, restless, unstable, haughty, inflated, intimidating, quickly changing, wealthy. When the houserulers are favorably situated and have benefics in aspect, kings and powerful men are born, those having the say over life and death.

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

It's because the ruling planet Mars is (retrograde)
in genuine and sometimes worried Virgo
Clearly you are a modernist astrologer visiting guest on our traditional board
you seem unaware that VIRGO traditionally is described as follows :smile:

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.

The image of the Maiden is feminine, nocturnal, double-bodied, human, winged, common, eloquent, infertile, incomplete, handsome, standing and of the south wind. It indicates exchanges, affairs, eloquence, trade and mysticism. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Virgo are large, well-proportioned and graceful, articulate, meticulous, popular, mystical, temperate, with fine face, fine straight body, round beautiful bright eyes, drawn nostrils, fine lips because the Maiden is charming in conversation, exchanging, thick chin, bright hair, useful, industrious, pure, modest, well-educated, lovers of learning, always ready to do everything when provoked, writers, physicians, business expediters, administrators of goods, stewards, secretaries, accountants, workers in fields, actors, astrologers, spendthrifts in youth, but who become prosperous over the course of time.

Domicile and exaltation of Mercury, depression of Venus, it controls the abdomen, the vestibular system, the gustatory system and the auditory system. It is equinoctial, like-empowered with Pisces, like-ascending with Leo and like-engirding with Gemini, tall in the Northern Hemisphere and short in the Southern Hemisphere. It is autumnal, cold and dry for the north, and vernal, hot and moist for the south. Virgo controls Babylonia, Mesopotamia, Assyria, Hellas, Achaia and Crete. The head and the shoulders are rising up to the 7th degree, the hands, the abdomen and the wings up to the 17th, the lower parts up to the 21st, the robe up to the 28th, the feet and Spica up to the 30th.

The first 7° belong to Mercury - teachers, philosophers, mathematicians
The next 10° belong to Venus - cheerful, freedom from oppression and care
The next 4° belong to Jupiter - notable and with friendships
The next 7° belong to Mars - brilliant, some belong to the military or tribunals
The final 2° belong to Saturn - ups and downs, notable, risks

Head and Zavijava - Mercury and moderately Mars
Southern Wing and Girdles - Mercury and moderately Venus
Vindemiatrix - Saturn and Mercury
Feet - Mercury and moderately Mars
Spica - Venus and moderately Mars

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars as made by our predecessors. Let us now proceed with the seven-zone.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae: accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from
https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

i've noticed how the ruling planet of ascendent

can massively skew the ascendent qualities and how important it is
I'd be interested to see how others' rising signs are played out
in different ways according to ruling planet placements
What's yours?

Leo - Sun
Cancer - Moon
Aries - Mars
Scorpio - Mars
Libra - Venus
Taurus - Venus
Gemini - Mercury
Virgo - Mercury
Aquarius - Saturn
Capricorn - Saturn
Pisces - Jupiter
Sagittarius - Jupiter
Traditionally the entire chart is considered
not the ascendant in isolation
possibly modernist astrological practice focuses exclusively on the Ascendant

I refer you to rules of our traditional board which clearly state as follows:

Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas
should feel free to start a new thread
in an appropriate forum for further discussion.