Random Thoughts, strictly Text

GemwDepth

Account Closed
No, it's a novel but with pictures on it. Yeah, kind of like Japanese Manga, but longer and read from left to right. Think of your typical novel but instead of words there are pictures for every action instead.

What do you think about the artwork? :wink:

I was impressed. A lot of work. And everything looks very symmetrical and orderly, so its very Virgo. :happy:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Do you think tarot will simplify the act of horary? Just a thought. I have always been fascinated with predicting the future, but I haven't been able to do that.

From an user perspective, the people who asks horary questions generally don't care about the method, so there is a lot of people they can turn to. Trustworthy talent is always the issue. I don't know how Tarot and horary can be combined, that may be a question for Chrysa. I imagine someone who can do both would have an advantage in accuracy.

Gemini888

I was impressed. A lot of work. And everything looks very symmetrical and orderly, so its very Virgo. :happy:
Thanks :love: What do you think if I post some pages of my work occasionally in addition to the review?

At least I feel less guilty about working on my blog after the therapy section :sideways:

Gemini888

From an user perspective, the people who asks horary questions generally don't care about the method, so there is a lot of people they can turn to. Trustworthy talent is always the issue. I don't know how Tarot and horary can be combined, that may be a question for Chrysa. I imagine someone who can do both would have an advantage in accuracy.
Yeah, I can see that too. I know the principle of horary, looking at the Moon, Asc and the houses. Sometimes the Moon is heavily aspected but someone says it's void and I scratch my head wondering why. I hope one day I could do horary or other predictive things as well as normal chart reading.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Heyo! Got a case study on a chart with a near-unaspected planet in it.
Thought you might want it for the research!

Wow, life ruler too. She’s got a bunch of Jup quintiles though (minor aspect) and semi-square to sun.

Can you tell us more about her life? Is it divided between 9th endeavors and possibly 8th? What’s her attitude about sex, personal faith and religion? Sex maniac or sex deprived? But its 8th so maybe no one knows. :joyful:

So you're right, Gem, Saturn inconjuncts Sun, coupled with Pluto and Saturn on my MC. I'm glad I decided I want to do something about it. Maybe that's what Saturn wants too. I'm preparing for my next section, but right now I know that I just WANT to work :w00t: I have to go on the blog to do some editing now.

It was David who had the hunch! 🏆 I am not quite sensitive enough to track most transits, only the big outer ones I feel.

I am glad you are feeling better about everything.

moonkat235

Wow, life ruler too. She’s got a bunch of Jup quintiles though (minor aspect) and semi-square to sun.

Can you tell us more about her life? Is it divided between 9th endeavors and possibly 8th? What’s her attitude about sex, personal faith and religion? Sex maniac or sex deprived? But its 8th so maybe no one knows.

She tells me she has Asperger's. Good friend of mine for 4 years of college. Exceptional creative writer. That's her passion and aspiring career trajectory. She works at a children's museum. She said she was asexual, until she had sex junior year of college in a polyamorous relationship with a guy and girl. She claimed she loves everyone in the world equally and is incapable of dislike. Serious boundary issues/people pleaser.

She's extremely intelligent, but tends to think in categories. She'll see a movie or read a comic like the X-Men and then assign a character to people in her life. She does that with nearly all literature and people she knows. She's very spacey and you can talk to her for a few minutes only for her to respond with 'what?'.

She's also a talented culinary artist and theater kid. Loves wine. Acts refined and like she's from a high social status, but I don't think she really was of high social standing from a socio-economic standpoint. Idk for sure though.

No religion. Likes astrology. Loves mythology. Strong personal values of the 'universal love' variety.

Last edited:

moonkat235

She lacked self-awareness and wanted to embody a fae-like 'otherness'. She was always very pleased when people commented on how unique she was, but would try to hide her pleasure under a veil of humility and denial. She frequently liked to go for walks in the middle of the night, no regard for self-preservation or personal safety.

Gemini888

She sounds very Pisces to me. With her 11H chart ruler sextile her Asc right there, she's going to have boundary issue with friends. She likes to think of her friends as one and the same, and she will treat everyone the same way.

She also has Saturn in 12H and Pluto trine Asc. Her 9H placements also yearn for a sense of meaning. Do you think she secretly enjoys thinking about death? If she's truly an Aspie like she claims, then I expect her to have a rather shitty childhood when everyone just rejected her for being different. This could take a toll on her, causing a serious loss of personal meaning and doubt about sense of self. And looks like Aspie people like to categorize people based on fictional characters :whistling:

I'm pretty worried if she has found out what she really wants in life...

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Thanks :love: What do you think if I post some pages of my work occasionally in addition to the review?

On the blog? So you are making it like a personal 'show-off' blog? Like a Facebook page? :joyful: It depends on if you want to maintain a strict movie blog long-term for others or become a "facebook page" for self-expression. The goal is always up to you.

You can also "show off" in the show off section here and start your own artwork thread. I had an idea to do an fun, self-made, astrological meme thread, but probably won't find the time anytime soon.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
She tells me she has Asperger's. Good friend of mine for 4 years of college. Exceptional creative writer. That's her passion and aspiring career trajectory. She works at a children's museum. She said she was asexual, until she had sex junior year of college in a polyamorous relationship with a guy and girl. She claimed she loves everyone in the world equally and is incapable of dislike. Serious boundary issues/people pleaser.

She's extremely intelligent, but tends to think in categories. She'll see a movie or read a comic like the X-Men and then assign a character to people in her life. She does that with nearly all literature and people she knows. She's very spacey and you can talk to her for a few minutes only for her to respond with 'what?'.

She's also a talented culinary artist and theater kid. Loves wine. Acts refined and like she's from a high social status, but I don't think she really was of high social standing from a socio-economic standpoint. Idk for sure though.

No religion. Likes astrology. Loves mythology. Strong personal values of the 'universal love' variety.

Super interesting. So many of her planets and AC has Jupiter as the depositor. I think the "universal love" thing are the rose colored glasses of combined Sag and Pisces.

Got a hunch, but could be wrong. Tell her to read up on "indigo" stuff and traits and see if she identify. Also I think periodically, certain transits patterns that ties in her Jupiter to the rest of her chart will awaken her to her hidden, dormant side. She may not be as spacy, extroverted as she thinks. Plus its in the 8th begging to have an deep awakening. And important people she meets, can awaken that too. (I may have just answered my own question)

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Thanks Chrysa for sharing your personal examples. Sun Saturn is ‘uber harsh' so I feel ya! Seems we all have Saturn issues. :joyful:
Yes he's such a dragggg!
I didn’t know you started with Tarot! If you ever feel like explaining, or tutoring, I am also really interested in understanding the core principles of how astrology and tarot are related, or how you feel they are related! I’ve read about the surface things, ‘this card is associated with the moon’, ‘this crystal’, etc. But it doesn’t make foundational sense to me. :andy: I've also heard about how astrology, numerology and tarot are the three sisters of divination and the inter-relation are much more complex than what’s widely available.

Yes the first cards i started out with was tarot, i did expand to other cards too after that, playing cards are my favorite to read. How Astrology is related to tarot ? Well going on what ive learnt, ill give you a couple of examples...

Astrologically :
Card Tower is related to planet mars
Card Justice is related to the sign of Libra
Eight of Pentacles is related to Sun in virgo - now if you google the 8 of pentacles and look at the imagery on the Thelema tarot deck, a woman is sat down, doing some sewing focusing on the tiny little details she needs to sew.
Makes perfect sense hey, this card being the sun in virgo, with the attention to details.

Using these 3 cards, say someone asks "Does X like me" ?

Tower~Justice~8 pents

Theres a spark there with the tower(mars) combined with the social aspect coming from the justice card (libra), he looks to be indecisive though (libra), as he looks to be doubting himself as to whether he think he is good enough for you (8 pents/virgo).
Im saying "good enough for you" because the earth card ill dignifies the air card/justice, so this would make him feel like he's not good looking enough for her.

So querent asks this question in the first place, as the guys not pursuing her, and the reading shows why. Advice would be for her to give him some encouragement that she does like him, this would make him feel more at ease and have more confidence.

Ive found Tarot cards have many layers, with each reading you have to take into account the element/number/passive or active/imagery/astrology association/elemental dignities...

I'm on another forum where i do card readings, but my main focus right now is Astrology.

Hope this makes sense Gem.

Gemini888

Yes he's such a dragggg!

Yes the first cards i started out with was tarot, i did expand to other cards too after that, playing cards are my favorite to read. How Astrology is related to tarot ? Well going on what ive learnt, ill give you a couple of examples...

Astrologically :
Card Tower is related to planet mars
Card Justice is related to the sign of Libra
Eight of Pentacles is related to Sun in virgo - now if you google the 8 of pentacles and look at the imagery on the Thelema tarot deck, a woman is sat down, doing some sewing focusing on the tiny little details she needs to sew.
Makes perfect sense hey, this card being the sun in virgo, with the attention to details.

Using these 3 cards, say someone asks "Does X like me" ?

Tower~Justice~8 pents

Theres a spark there with the tower(mars) combined with the social aspect coming from the justice card (libra), he looks to be indecisive though (libra), as he looks to be doubting himself as to whether he think he is good enough for you (8 pents/virgo).
Im saying "good enough for you" because the earth card ill dignifies the air card/justice, so this would make him feel like he's not good looking enough for her.

So querent asks this question in the first place, as the guys not pursuing her, and the reading shows why. Advice would be for her to give him some encouragement that she does like him, this would make him feel more at ease and have more confidence.

Ive found Tarot cards have many layers, with each reading you have to take into account the element/number/passive or active/imagery/astrology association/elemental dignities...

I'm on another forum where i do card readings, but my main focus right now is Astrology.

Hope this makes sense Gem.
You made me really interested in how Tarot is related to astrology. Do you think someone with a good grasp of astrology can do well with Tarot and vice versa? Also do you think Tarot can be a subtitute for horary?

I have always dismissed Tarot as a kind of random fortune telling. I was at a fair and I got to experience a Tarot reading in action. There were a couple of young people doing the reading and their prediction was pretty general. I wasn't sure if they were talking bullsh*t or not but I had a feeling they weren't entirely genuine.

BTW I just ordered a Tarot desk and a beginner guide book to try out :tongue:

Gemini888

On the blog? So you are making it like a personal 'show-off' blog? Like a Facebook page? :joyful: It depends on if you want to maintain a strict movie blog long-term for others or become a "facebook page" for self-expression. The goal is always up to you.

You can also "show off" in the show off section here and start your own artwork thread. I had an idea to do an fun, self-made, astrological meme thread, but probably won't find the time anytime soon.
Yeah, my intention was to make it a review blog with a little bit of self-expression. The main aim is to review, but I can post my artwork here and there, just to let my reader knows I also do something else other than reviewing.

I may come to the show off section too one day :rightful: And I hope to see your astrological meme thread too :devil:

conspiracy theorist

There's a lot of legends surrounding the origins of the Tarot, but actual historical traces of it put it at too recent a time frame in the course of "occult development" to be a part of some mythical trinity of divination alongside Numerology and Astrology. Even the astrological attributions being discussed right now are a development of the Golden Dawn tradition, which means that these astrological/tarot combos are also pretty new.

Not to mention that there are numerous other divinatory techniques the world over.

A more solid "triumvirate" is the "Three Parts of Wisdom of the Whole Universe" of Hermeticism - Alchemy, Astrology and Theurgy. http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org...ree_Parts_of_the_Wisdom_of_the_Whole_Universe

Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy is a famous work on the hermetic arts. One could read them if they are interested in getting a grasp of the three working in tandem. You could even use it as inspiration to experiment.

Witchyone

It's an interesting situation. If we accept the concept of Muses, there are spiritual Beings providing inspiration and information to those able and willing to receive it. Urania, whom I equate with the feminine version of Aquarius rulership, in theory can communicate with astrologers directly, and with astronomers indirectly, since astronomy is included in astrology. I've pointed out that when the Muses were first introduced, astrology and astronomy were basically the same thing. The dictionary definition of Urania by modern historians goes along with the modern scientific belief that Muses, along with astrology, are primitive, archaic superstitions: Muse of Astronomy, to the exclusion of Astrology, rather than the correct definition, "Muse of Astrology ".
But, we're stuck with astronomers naming all the modern Planets and asteroids. Those of us who use the ancient deities to inform our astrology have to hope the astronomers get it right. I read an account of of the naming of Chiron, and it seems there was intuitive thinking involved. I'm also impressed by the intuition of so many Modern astrologers that Chiron has an influential place in the Chart. I do feel there's too much emphasis on the "wounded" healer, and not enough on the heroic qualities .

One thing I don't like about the focus on the wounded healer is that the interpretations seem a little too positive. I keep reading that this is a wound you must heal so you can heal others. Well, in the myth, Chiron cannot heal himself. He can _only_ heal others. And this is not resolved with some Hollywood ending for him. It's resolved by him becoming a constellation and ceasing to exist as a living Earthly entity. I think Chiron should be less about "me me me" and more about sacrifice. So, I guess I agree with you about the heroism.

Witchyone

I'm pretty sure some onlooker will find it crazy, but I don't see that as even mildly crazy, at all. Doing that just shows that you have developed "inner senses" that you make use of when you divine. That's an edge you want if you're interested in being proficient at something like the tarot.

Okay, well, then I'll reveal something a little kookier. The spirits I mentioned are not just floating about like ghosts. They're in the trees and grass, the insects and frogs, the birds and squirrels. That's why I need to be outside to do my best readings.

Do you do this sort of thing? What is your process like?