Who here actually wants to be famous

byjove

Account Closed
Yes, I know what you meant.

It depends on what type of fame are you talking about? Simply very well-known, (e.g. the celebrity) or well-known for something that you do extremely well? If the latter is relevant, then count me.

brooke24

I want to be famous for my designs..or writing. not really famous actually just known through the community for it! I am ultra ambitious but fame is fickle...

I want to be famous. I cannot understand why anyone would not be. I want my name to be spoken around the world with respect and admiration, I truly believe in pushing yourself to grow and be the best individual you can be. I hope that my words can inspire people to not settle for what they are tossed but to stand their ground and want to achieve more. I want to leave a mark on the world that helps humanity remember what matters.

at some point our primary concern drifted from, where will I sleep tonight, and how will I satiate myself. to will I be home in time for Jersey Shore, and can I make it to Jimmy's Soccer game, and be home in time to take a shower before going to the club.

Humans have chased happiness since we began our journey on this planet, but now we seem to allow society to put so many roadblocks in front of us, not enough people know how to put their head down and bullrush through it, fear of failure cripples us. I believe everyone has potential to change the world, I just wish more had the drive and determination to do it.

Saturnian

I want to be famous. I cannot understand why anyone would not be. I want my name to be spoken around the world with respect and admiration, I truly believe in pushing yourself to grow and be the best individual you can be. I hope that my words can inspire people to not settle for what they are tossed but to stand their ground and want to achieve more. I want to leave a mark on the world that helps humanity remember what matters.

at some point our primary concern drifted from, where will I sleep tonight, and how will I satiate myself. to will I be home in time for Jersey Shore, and can I make it to Jimmy's Soccer game, and be home in time to take a shower before going to the club.

Humans have chased happiness since we began our journey on this planet, but now we seem to allow society to put so many roadblocks in front of us, not enough people know how to put their head down and bullrush through it, fear of failure cripples us. I believe everyone has potential to change the world, I just wish more had the drive and determination to do it.
Different people find happiness in different things.You may find it in letting the world know you exist,others in working behind the scenes,others solving worlds mysteries,others creating family and the list goes on.So ya,not everyone is settling if they are not chasing fame,some people's personalities are just not like that.

iSelf

Yes, I want to be famous. I'm in Politics, I want to be a known Philosopher and Politician, want to build up my country's Academic reputation through creating an intellectual lobby (and therefore rethink and shape the country's identity), and boost up Europe's way to a Federation of States.

retinoid

Different people find happiness in different things.You may find it in letting the world know you exist,others in working behind the scenes,others solving worlds mysteries,others creating family and the list goes on.So ya,not everyone is settling if they are not chasing fame,some people's personalities are just not like that.

Finding happiness in 'THINGS' is the great delusion. People will never be happy if they are basing happiness when they 'acquire something, go somewhere, meet someone, etc.' Doesn't mean you can't have ambitions or goals, but to find happiness in them elevates them to being more than they are. There must be some detachment in life.

Jai Kishen

Finding happiness in 'THINGS' is the great delusion. People will never be happy if they are basing happiness when they 'acquire something, go somewhere, meet someone, etc.' Doesn't mean you can't have ambitions or goals, but to find happiness in them elevates them to being more than they are. There must be some detachment in life.

I agree ...
well said :)

Anachiel

You know, a lot of people who deserved fame were often not appreciated in their day. Some where even disliked or ignored. It took years, sometimes decades or centuries for the public to recognize them for what they actually contributed.

Others are famous and no one has any clue why they are because they lack any genuine or unique talent or ability yet, people flock to them for....whatever.

In light of this, perhaps one needs to separate fame from recognition from a sense personal satisfaction and contribution. All of these are quite different.

I'd say fame for fame's sake would be an empty pursuit in which one would need to become what the public sought if they didn't already embody the public's ideal(s). But, finding one's niche in the world, one is satisfied and contributes well and is recognized without 'selling their soul', so to speak.

Most people that are famous are actually famous for being something else other than themselves.