Hello! I'm new!

rosebohemia

My name is Jessica and I usually study tarot cards but I decided to start looking deeper into astrology.
Just wanted to introduce myself! :)

Lotus

Hi Jess!
I love your name, rosebohemia, very nice! :)
I don't know that much about the tarot but keen to know more. I am slowly reading through Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey, very interesting.
Hope you have fun here!
Lotus :p

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hello Jessica,

Welcome to the forum.

So what decks are you using or your favorites? I adore the Voyager Deck, a modern photographic collage artwork deck. But, my all time favorite will always be the Minchiate Deck, as it has the extra Major Arcana cards that are Astrological. At one time I was lucky enough to be the regional manufacturer's representative for US Games.... so I sold retail stores their Tarot decks.... I so wanted to collect them all, the artwork and the histories of the different decks are riveting.

Hope you find what you are looking for here on the forum!

TK

BTW Lotus, The Archetypical Journey is a book I still pick up after 20 years and always find something new or a new way to see things happening in everyday life, you have definitely found a treasure!

waybread

Welcome, Jessie. The Rider-Waite tarot deck contains all sorts of astrological symbolism in the pictures.They may provide clues to the cards' meanings.

Lotus

wintersprite1 said:
BTW Lotus, The Archetypical Journey is a book I still pick up after 20 years and always find something new or a new way to see things happening in everyday life, you have definitely found a treasure!

Yes, it is wonderful! I am new to Tarot and was delighted to discover that the last card, The World, was represented by a dancer. It reminded me a couple of my favourite Nietzsche quotes. 'I do not know what the spirit of a philosopher could more wish to be than a good dancer. For the dance is her ideal' , and 'I would only believe in a God that knows how to dance'. I am convinced Nietzsche went mad because he didn't allow himself to dance. :p He knew it was 'the key' but his conditions didn't allow for him to practice it.
Sorry for highjacking your thread Jess. :eek: