Corona interference with job

WisdomJoy

Hi Team,

wondering if I can get your help with this. So I casted a horary chart about this job in mid-December and it came back super positive. I had the first interview and passed but I got a call from them last week that they were holding off on interviewing me for the second round because of covid-19 and it caught me off guard. They did make it very clear that they will be interviewing me for round 2 and that i wouldn't have to start all over again in the process.

I figured since three months passed and all this stuff with corona happened, I would cast another chart to ask "will i get the job there"-- and now the outcome is super negative. As in, theres no aspects between my 10th house. But I'm venus and I'm exalted in Taurus, so somehow in a strong position. Sitting in the 8th house, which means I feel like I lost out with this (very accurate). I noticed that the moon is making an aspect to Neptune, which is ruler of the 6th, so I wondered if that literally is telling me that corona is getting in the way and preventing me from getting the offer. Venus is also making an aspect to Saturn which rules the 4th house which means end of matter.

I'm wondering if anyone can help with some additional insight and why the chart now seems so negative. I'm assuming that its valid since corona has left the world at a standstill and a lot of people just didn't really see it coming.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.13.18 PM.png

Last edited:

waybread

So sorry about the timing. Covid-19 has disrupted many people's lives. I'm not getting a "yes" out of this chart either. I use the outer planets just as supplementary data points, but I note that the moon's next aspect is to Mercury in its fall on the cusp of the 6th house of help. You appear to be strong as a candidate for the job (domiciled Venus) but it sounds like this company won't be making new hires until the cv epidemic is over. It's hard to say what their hiring needs will be like then.

WisdomJoy

So sorry about the timing. Covid-19 has disrupted many people's lives. I'm not getting a "yes" out of this chart either. I use the outer planets just as supplementary data points, but I note that the moon's next aspect is to Mercury in its fall on the cusp of the 6th house of help. You appear to be strong as a candidate for the job (domiciled Venus) but it sounds like this company won't be making new hires until the cv epidemic is over. It's hard to say what their hiring needs will be like then.

Hi Waybread, I appreciate the note. It's terrible timing since it's incredibly hard to get in as it has a 2% acceptance rate and I've actually made it to the final round now in the process. They did guarantee that they would be interviewing me but who knows when that will happen. I am a strong candidate for the job and performed really well on my round 1 interview. They liked me so much the person interviewing me for round 2 called me told me himself that he would be my round 2 interviewer, which never happens. You're only supposed to find out 30 min before.

I wonder if this means I'm just never going to get the job/it's completely off the table now or does it mean that I'm just not getting it now. Ex, will the moon and venus ever make an aspect, or does it not work like that with horary?

Last edited:

tikana

Hi Team,

wondering if I can get your help with this. So I casted a horary chart about this job in mid-December and it came back super positive. I had the first interview and passed but I got a call from them last week that they were holding off on interviewing me for the second round because of covid-19 and it caught me off guard. They did make it very clear that they will be interviewing me for round 2 and that i wouldn't have to start all over again in the process.

I figured since three months passed and all this stuff with corona happened, I would cast another chart to ask "will i get the job there"-- and now the outcome is super negative. As in, theres no aspects between my 10th house. But I'm venus and I'm exalted in Taurus, so somehow in a strong position. Sitting in the 8th house, which means I feel like I lost out with this (very accurate). I noticed that the moon is making an aspect to Neptune, which is ruler of the 6th, so I wondered if that literally is telling me that corona is getting in the way and preventing me from getting the offer. Venus is also making an aspect to Saturn which rules the 4th house which means end of matter.

I'm wondering if anyone can help with some additional insight and why the chart now seems so negative. I'm assuming that its valid since corona has left the world at a standstill and a lot of people just didn't really see it coming.

Thanks!

View attachment 84736

Here is what I am going to tell you
you MIGHT not get the job (but some charts have a habbit of failing)
Email the HR or whoever you spoke with .. remind them that you are still interested in the job and you would find out if it is okay to keep checking in to find out when their hiring process will begin again. You dont wanna pester but check in every 2 weeks. and thank him or her for the work she/he is doing during stressful time. dont boast your resume or skills, but do state you want to work for this company because of XYZ.. find out what they are doing for the community (bring it up in your email), if it is a huge company mor ethan likely they are doing something other than isolating. . just be friendly normal 1-on-1 business relationship.

If you need help with phrasing let me know.

Aria Venue

Hi Team,

.....So I casted a horary chart about this job in mid-December and it came back super positive.

I figured since three months passed and all this stuff with corona happened, I would cast another chart to ask "will i get the job there"-- and now the outcome is super negative.

I'm wondering if anyone can help with some additional insight and why the chart now seems so negative. .....

View attachment 84736

WisdomJoy you made a second chart asking :"will i get the job there" , according to which the answer is no (venus accidentally weak placed on 8th house, on caput algol, no aspect to the job(l10)=this peregrine essentialy moon in Gemini,accidentaly week as cadent,aspecting widely aldebaran (unfortunate) neither moon in venus dignities, venus is going to aspect saturn(as essential malefic) by contrantiscion...etc

So after you saw that last chart you wonder why is the chart so negative compared to your previous chart.

First of all you must post your initial chart (as a rule we don't ask the same thing multiple times..i am just clarifying this once more) so we can see whether indeed the first chart was so positive as you said.

Then you must understand that since your question was :"will i get this job?" and not " why didnt i get this job?( is it because of coronavirus pandemic which affects the global industry?)", the chart isnt obligated to tell us the reason you didn't get the job.obviously as i said in this chart the job neither in venus dignities, nor there's an aspect.

if we want to dig further(though this is not proper since this want your initial question!!!!) then we could say that this job=moon is afflicted by the pandemic (jupiter as l6), which harms moon=job(jupiter in moon's detriment)while both of them in mutual negative reception, previously also moon find jupiter by contrantiscion ,or even mercury which disposes moon in his detriment and fall in jupiter's domicile, moon is also going to aspect mercury as accidental malefic and in this case her dispositor and so forth...all indicative that in fact this job=moon faces problems

Still all the above is not the correct way to judge a chart astrologically, meaning we have to stick to your initial question which was :"will i get this job?" and for whatever reason, this won't happen or didn't happen, even if this is the corona pandemic or simply the fact that this job is not interested to you, is redundant.

So if you really want us to see why didn't they call back for an interview, a second interview or else,while you are taking for granted that your initial chart was positive, or even compare the two charts, you have simply to upload your initial chart so we can see whether indeed the first chart was positive or else.Mayby indeed the first chart is positive and you'll actually take the job and the delay (for a second interview) is caused due to this pandemic.

**Just an advice: using outers as sign rulers, or deviating from the traditional rules which apply to astrology and horary astrology you will never be able to read properly an horary a natal chart or else.saying things such as venus aspects saturn(venus can not possibly aspect saturn since saturn is at 0*23 of aquarious and venus at 25*37 taurus through square, while the aspect here is by contrantiscion, that the job is 6th while a job is always the 10th , that venus is exalted in taurus while venus is in domicile in taurus in the exaltation of the moon, that moon aspects neptune..while outers for start are not planets and as such they don't cast aspects...or things like the end of the matter is saturn ....etc all these and many more you usually say have nothing to do with astrology.you have to learn properly the basics about essential-accidental dignity, the aspects, the houses etc

Last edited:

ElenaJ

As Venus you are strong by house, but don't make any aspects. The trine to mars does not perfect.
Moon square mercury on the cusp of the 6th of jobs doesn't promise a positive answer.
Chiron sitting exactly on the 7th cusp, the employer, shows they are suffering from the current global situation.
Why is moon, midheaven ruler, in the 9th house? What type of job is this?

WisdomJoy

I casted the first chart asking specifically about the interview in round 1 and there are multiple rounds (2). And the question was specifically "I'm interviewing on this date (date has passed), is this the right next step for me?", which is essentially asking if I'm going got get it. I agree.

Also, I had a professional do it, that's why I was saying that it was positive. The other thing is why wouldn't it a new chart now be valid when the world has literally flipped upside down?

I'm still in the interview process, they haven't declined me or anything but it's at a complete standstill.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 8.56.05 AM.png

WisdomJoy

As Venus you are strong by house, but don't make any aspects. The trine to mars does not perfect.
Moon square mercury on the cusp of the 6th of jobs doesn't promise a positive answer.
Chiron sitting exactly on the 7th cusp, the employer, shows they are suffering from the current global situation.
Why is moon, midheaven ruler, in the 9th house? What type of job is this?

Thanks Elena J, it's global consulting.

WisdomJoy

WisdomJoy you made a second chart asking :"will i get the job there" , according to which the answer is no (venus accidentally weak placed on 8th house, on caput algol, no aspect to the job(l10)=this peregrine essentialy moon in Gemini,accidentaly week as cadent,aspecting widely aldebaran (unfortunate) neither moon in venus dignities, venus is going to aspect saturn(as essential malefic) by contrantiscion...etc

So after you saw that last chart you wonder why is the chart so negative compared to your previous chart.

First of all you must post your initial chart (as a rule we don't ask the same thing multiple times..i am just clarifying this once more) so we can see whether indeed the first chart was so positive as you said.

Then you must understand that since your question was :"will i get this job?" and not " why didnt i get this job?( is it because of coronavirus pandemic which affects the global industry?)", the chart isnt obligated to tell us the reason you didn't get the job.obviously as i said in this chart the job neither in venus dignities, nor there's an aspect.

if we want to dig further(though this is not proper since this want your initial question!!!!) then we could say that this job=moon is afflicted by the pandemic (jupiter as l6), which harms moon=job(jupiter in moon's detriment)while both of them in mutual negative reception, previously also moon find jupiter by contrantiscion ,or even mercury which disposes moon in his detriment and fall in jupiter's domicile, moon is also going to aspect mercury as accidental malefic and in this case her dispositor and so forth...all indicative that in fact this job=moon faces problems

Still all the above is not the correct way to judge a chart astrologically, meaning we have to stick to your initial question which was :"will i get this job?" and for whatever reason, this won't happen or didn't happen, even if this is the corona pandemic or simply the fact that this job is not interested to you, is redundant.

So if you really want us to see why didn't they call back for an interview, a second interview or else,while you are taking for granted that your initial chart was positive, or even compare the two charts, you have simply to upload your initial chart so we can see whether indeed the first chart was positive or else.Mayby indeed the first chart is positive and you'll actually take the job and the delay (for a second interview) is caused due to this pandemic.

**Just an advice: using outers as sign rulers, or deviating from the traditional rules which apply to astrology and horary astrology you will never be able to read properly an horary a natal chart or else.saying things such as venus aspects saturn(venus can not possibly aspect saturn since saturn is at 0*23 of aquarious and venus at 25*37 taurus through square, while the aspect here is by contrantiscion, that the job is 6th while a job is always the 10th , that venus is exalted in taurus while venus is in domicile in taurus in the exaltation of the moon, that moon aspects neptune..while outers for start are not planets and as such they don't cast aspects...or things like the end of the matter is saturn ....etc all these and many more you usually say have nothing to do with astrology.you have to learn properly the basics about essential-accidental dignity, the aspects, the houses etc

It's not that they didn't call me back for a second interview. They did, I passed with flying colours. The issue is that they put it on hold when no clear interview date happening because of corona. I wasn't declined. I'm still in the process.

Aria Venue

It's not that they didn't call me back for a second interview. They did, I passed with flying colours. The issue is that they put it on hold when no clear interview date happening because of corona. I wasn't declined. I'm still in the process.
after all the things i wrote you your answer to the above is that you passed with flying colors the interview? Didn't you understand what i said?
i said: if you want us to answer why the first chart was positive, while the second isnt, then you should post your first chart also, as a comparison.All the rest have been already explained to you astrologically.
I never mentioned anything about your previous interview or else, i just said that in this chart we have no reception, neither aspects and i explained also that since your horary question in the last chart wasn't how corona virus afflicts that company=job, then you should simply stick to the core.

WisdomJoy

Ok, so it has to do with something international.
Unfortunately, all on hold.

Yea, I technically could do the job remotely but the issue is a lot of clients will scale back on projects with their cash flow issues. I think with round 2 as well they like to interview them in person, not over webex which was the modified plan. I did talk to someone internally and they said when corona started to spread, they lost a number of big contracts across north america.

WisdomJoy

after all the things i wrote you your answer to the above is that you passed with flying colors the interview? Didn't you understand what i said?
i said: if you want us to answer why the first chart was positive, while the second isnt, then you should post your first chart also, as a comparison.All the rest have been already explained to you astrologically.
I never mentioned anything about your previous interview or else, i just said that in this chart we have no reception, neither aspects and i explained also that since your horary question in the last chart wasn't how corona virus afflicts that company=job, then you should simply stick to the core.

But I already posted that above...

Aria Venue

I casted the first chart asking specifically about the interview in round 1 and there are multiple rounds (2). And the question was specifically "I'm interviewing on this date (date has passed), is this the right next step for me?", which is essentially asking if I'm going got get it. I agree.

Also, I had a professional do it, that's why I was saying that it was positive. The other thing is why wouldn't it a new chart now be valid when the world has literally flipped upside down?

I'm still in the interview process, they haven't declined me or anything but it's at a complete standstill.

View attachment 84738

So if this is the original chart no its not positive as the professional astrologer told you.Why?
First of all lets clarify this: "A should i?" question is not judged the same way as a "will i?" in the first case we judge whether this would have been the right thing to do ( if this job is good, whether it afflicts you etc), in the second case we need also an unprohibited aspect between the job (an opposition usually gives negative results) and good receptions .

So you said you asked about your potentials with your interview and this job overall.So if you basically asked "will i take this job?", cause when someone is interested to get a job, he doesn't simply asks how will the interview go?but eitherway the situation will be explained to you astrologically accordingly:

Since you have the same sig as the job l10 =jupiter, there are two ways to approach this chart, which both of them don't give a promising-positive result.

either you have to keep moon (your co-ruler) and assign the job =jupiter, or keep for you jupiter as your main sig and moon as your co-ruler and consider the job this saturn as the next sign in order.

So both ways , either the job seen as jupiter in his fall(essentially debilitated) while you a peregrine moon in jupiter's detriment (you are both in mutual negative reception) and also moon is going to find jupiter's contrantiscion, once more a negative testimony...or we see the job as a dignified essentially strong saturn , still in Jupiter's (your main sig) fall and moon's detriment (so again strong negative reception) while moon also is about to oppose this sun (and moon previously separated from saturn's contrantiscion,..) i don't see how this chart can be really promising.
Sorry:pouty:

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

So if this is the original chart no its not positive as the professional astrologer told you.Why?
First of all lets clarify this: "A should i?" question is not judged the same way as a "will i?" in the first case we judge whether this would have been the right thing to do ( if this job is good, whether it afflicts you etc), in the second case we need also an unprohibited aspect between the job (an opposition usually gives negative results) and good receptions .

So you said you asked about your potentials with your interview and this job overall.So if you basically asked "will i take this job?", cause when someone is interested to get a job, he doesn't simply asks how will the interview go?but eitherway the situation will be explained to you astrologically accordingly:

Since you have the same sig as the job l10 =jupiter, there are two ways to approach this chart, which both of them give negative result.

either you have to keep moon (your co-ruler) and assign the job =jupiter, or keep for you jupiter as your main sig and moon as your co-ruler and consider the job this saturn as the next sign in order.

So both ways , either the job seen as jupiter in his fall(essentially debilitated) while you a peregrine moon in jupiter's detriment (you are both in mutual negative reception) and also moon is going to find jupiter's contrantiscion, once more a negative testimony...or we see the job as a dignified essentially strong saturn , still in Jupiter's (your main sig) fall and moon's detriment (so again strong negative reception) while moon also is about to oppose this sun (while moon previously separated from saturn's contrantiscion,..so in a way this moon is besieged) i don't see how this chart can be really promising.
Sorry:pouty:

Okay thanks, I guess the first round interview was a fluke then.

Aria Venue

Okay thanks, I guess the first round interview was a fluke then.
i am sorry but either way you see this chart as a should i apply for this job?question or a will i take this job? question is really not positive.I see the previous aspect with mercury ( considering this as the interview you said-l7) or even moon's previous aspect with venus as an essential benefic through contrantiscion as a boost, still the overall pattern is not promising and i explained why

WisdomJoy

i am sorry but either way you see this chart as a should i apply for this job?question or a will i take this job? question is really not positive.I see the previous aspect with mercury ( considering this as the interview you said-l7) or even moon's previous aspect with venus as an essential benefic through contrantiscion as a boost, still the overall pattern is not promising and i explained why

okay thanks

ElenaJ

Very good idea to post both charts for a comparison.
So, the first one asks "Is this the right next step for me?" which basically means, is it a good idea to take this job? This analyses how you stand with respect to this job, is it beneficial?
Second one asks "Will I get the job?", so do you and the job come together.
As Aria Venue wrote, these are two different questions.
What struck me immediately is that the moon is almost exactly in the same sign and degree in both charts. This in itself is remarkable.
Second observation of note is that both involve moon and Jupiter as significators.
So given these two links between the two charts, I would hold them both to be valid, and to show us the evolution of the situation.
Chart one.
Jupiter and moon, how do they line up?
Each is in the other's detriment. No aspect between them. So we already see a situation where both parties are weak, and not connecting together. Moon approaches a square with Neptune on the ascendent, and co-ruler of the ascendent. Again, no connection here and the square indicates a negative outcome, with some delusions.
The approaching opposition of moon/sun in general does not favour a positive outcome in any chart, because the fundamental energies are in conflict (opposition).
So Jupiter, ascendent ruler is weak in its detriment, almost on the cusp of the 11th of hopes and wishes, approaching a trine to Uranus in 2nd, who rules the 12th house, secret desires, limits. So the querent would have a good income from this job, but in some way suffer some isolation through the job.
The job itself as moon in gemini, communications, in the 3rd house, will oppose the sun on midheaven, and sun is intercepted in the 6th so the behind the scenes part of the job, which is inflated to the eye (sun) and not all that it seems.
Last, the ascendent is in the degree of the nodes, and south node (remember to insert this when you do a chart) is with Jupiter, ascendent ruler. Final confirmation that something fated will come about to effect the position of the querent, and the outcome is out of her hands. And we all know how that worked out at the end, with corona stepping in. The 6th is also the house of illness, with Leo there ruled by sun, receiving an opposition from moon. Sickness got in the way.
Chart two.
In addition to the position of moon, and the combination of moon-jupiter significators, here we again see ascendent at 5 degrees of the sign, and while the nodes are no longer at 5 degrees, Chiron is, and it is placed exactly on the employer's cusp. So the employer is suffering at the moment.
Neptune is just into the 6th house, showing the virus connection, and moon approaches a square with mercury there. While moon receives mercury by sign, mercury wants nothing to do with moon. Moon's last aspect will be the square with deceptive Neptune. So, something about this job is not what it seems. Flash back to the moon square Neptune of the first chart!
Sun ruler of the 11th of hopes sits on the 7th cusp, and moon separates from a sextile with sun, showing the querent's past hopes, the shining object lying there but out of reach.
Mercury also rules the 12th house, so again the idea of limitations is brought into the picture, something going on that the querent is not aware of.
The querent is ruled by Venus, strong by sign, separates from trine with Jupiter and Pluto, so near so far, and now is void because it won't be able to catch up with mars to complete the trine. So Venus, strong as she is, goes basically no where. Oddly enough, this can be considered a good thing, although at the moment we can't understand why.
Mars is also 2nd house ruler, so the money wasn't going to come in as expected.
So the two charts reflect each other and tell much the same story, with slight variation.
What might seem like a major disappointment and let down, in reality doesn't seem to be.
Strong Venus should now concentrate on the next interview....

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

Very good idea to post both charts for a comparison.
So, the first one asks "Is this the right next step for me?" which basically means, is it a good idea to take this job? This analyses how you stand with respect to this job, is it beneficial?
Second one asks "Will I get the job?", so do you and the job come together.
As Aria Venue wrote, these are two different questions.
What struck me immediately is that the moon is almost exactly in the same sign and degree in both charts. This in itself is remarkable.
Second observation of note is that both involve moon and Jupiter as significators.
So given these two links between the two charts, I would hold them both to be valid, and to show us the evolution of the situation.
Chart one.
Jupiter and moon, how do they line up?
Each is in the other's detriment. No aspect between them. So we already see a situation where both parties are weak, and not connecting together. Moon approaches a square with Neptune on the ascendent, and co-ruler of the ascendent. Again, no connection here and the square indicates a negative outcome, with some delusions.
The approaching opposition of moon/sun in general does not favour a positive outcome in any chart, because the fundamental energies are in conflict (opposition).
So Jupiter, ascendent ruler is weak in its detriment, almost on the cusp of the 11th of hopes and wishes, approaching a trine to Uranus in 2nd, who rules the 12th house, secret desires, limits. So the querent would have a good income from this job, but in some way suffer some isolation through the job.
The job itself as moon in gemini, communications, in the 3rd house, will oppose the sun on midheaven, and sun is intercepted in the 6th so the behind the scenes part of the job, which is inflated to the eye (sun) and not all that it seems.
Last, the ascendent is in the degree of the nodes, and south node (remember to insert this when you do a chart) is with Jupiter, ascendent ruler. Final confirmation that something fated will come about to effect the position of the querent, and the outcome is out of her hands. And we all know how that worked out at the end, with corona stepping in. The 6th is also the house of illness, with Leo there ruled by sun, receiving an opposition from moon. Sickness got in the way.
Chart two.
In addition to the position of moon, and the combination of moon-jupiter significators, here we again see ascendent at 5 degrees of the sign, and while the nodes are no longer at 5 degrees, Chiron is, and it is placed exactly on the employer's cusp. So the employer is suffering at the moment.
Neptune is just into the 6th house, showing the virus connection, and moon approaches a square with mercury there. While moon receives mercury by sign, mercury wants nothing to do with moon. Moon's last aspect will be the square with deceptive Neptune. So, something about this job is not what it seems. Flash back to the moon square Neptune of the first chart!
Sun ruler of the 11th of hopes sits on the 7th cusp, and moon separates from a sextile with sun, showing the querent's past hopes, the shining object lying there but out of reach.
Mercury also rules the 12th house, so again the idea of limitations is brought into the picture, something going on that the querent is not aware of.
The querent is ruled by Venus, strong by sign, separates from trine with Jupiter and Pluto, so near so far, and now is void because it won't be able to catch up with mars to complete the trine. So Venus, strong as she is, goes basically no where. Oddly enough, this can be considered a good thing, although at the moment we can't understand why.
Mars is also 2nd house ruler, so the money wasn't going to come in as expected.
So the two charts reflect each other and tell much the same story, with slight variation.
What might seem like a major disappointment and let down, in reality doesn't seem to be.
Strong Venus should now concentrate on the next interview....

Thanks for your detailed analysis, Elena J. I spoke to someone there last night and I believe they just lost 2/3 major projects across NA. Given that human capital is both their product and their biggest cost, that singled to me alarm bells.

I interviewed with another consulting firm last week but they essentially set me up for failure in the interview. When I spoke to a couple consultants about it, they were shocked that those were the cases I got. That signalled to me that something was wrong also.

It's a bummer since I spent the last 5 months prepping for these interviews.

ElenaJ

Sorry you went through so much.
Maybe it's a case of not putting all your eggs in one basket, as they say. Food for thought, for the future.