Feel on the edge - simultaneous hard transits

MJ82

Hello folks,

I realise I've posted about this before, some months ago, but I don't know where else to turn. In short, I am looking for advice on how to cope with a series of tough transits that I'm really struggling with, and simultaneously. This is not meant as a complaint and I am doing my best to take responsibility and face these challenges i.e. not be victim, but I am finding them incredibly taxing internally and could do with advice and insight into how to work with them successfully.

To quickly summarise, and I've attached a transit (+progressed) chart below, these are the main hard transits I am having now (some are just starting):

T Pluto square (8th house) Moon
T Pluto square (8th house) Mars (starting)
T Pluto semi-square Mercury

T Saturn conjunct (8th house) Pluto
T Saturn conjunct Jupiter
T Saturn square Venus

T Uranus opposite Moon

T Neptune conjunct Mercury

Progressed Moon in scorpio

Most of these transits echo existing aspects or connections in my natal, and I can definitely relate strongly to each of them and their effects.

I can tell you that I feel spiritually in a very bleak, heavy and dark place - like I have never felt before in the 30 years of being here - and furthermore, everything is so much more intense, and my "defences" (energy shielding) feel almost non-existent (something I naturally struggle with at the best of times).

I am finding everyday experiences and social encounters to be very difficult to cope with and yet I know that this convergence of karmic lessons is there for me to grow and mature, so I want to find survival mechanisms to move with the challenges, rather than sink under them.

Concretely, this is proving tricky because I am living in a new city, one I don't like and feel quite alienated from, but that promises new work opportunities in my field. This move has come on the heels of other major life changes which I have dealt with, but in order to take advantage of these new opportunities, it requires me to step WAY out of my comfort zone, and while I have moments of being ready and willing, most of the time it feels near impossible to face because of how I am feeling psychologically and emotionally. I feel totally stripped down - naked almost - and feel a great heaviness and darkness over me which makes me feel close to drowning at times. My thoughts are increasingly dark and I feel mentally ill-at-ease, in a way I never am usually.

I know a lot of this will pass, and I don't really know what I'm looking for, but any insights on how to work with these transits (and encouraging stories from others!) would be very much appreciated...

Attachments

• Trans Progress Sep 2012.jpg
    Trans Progress Sep 2012.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 30

chris10

I' ve been through these transits and I do have pluto and saturn difficult aspects and on the angles natally
:sideways: - even in my relocation chart - funny ...
The only thing I could tell you that I believe might be of some help is that you and each and every one of us is here because we need to learn and evolve. Every transit, especially the difficult ones, teaches us in ways that help us evolve as human beings...
let me just say this...if I had the chance to live my life over again I wouldn't change a thing...I wouldn't remove not even one difficult experience because these experiences make us into the best we can really be...
think of each difficulty as a chance for you to evolve and to develop into a stronger and more compassionate human being.

!4C

Blackempress also posted on this under Bitter Progressed Moon in Scorpio

Apparently all three of us have felt both of this years exact Uranus-Pluto squares very strongly in the days leading up to it. I see our natal moons are involved and all three of us have progressed moon in scorpio right now.

I've never felt this drained and helpless in my entire life. It's funny, I imagined the uranus-pluto square to be more like a mania, not stuck in an empty wasteland. My brain keeps invoking some of the loneliest and saddest songs I've ever heard.

I wonder if people with no natal contacts are feeling it in this way.

gen6k

well the perspective that i learned from pluto in 6th opposition mars in 12th is basically to take an anti-psychological route for that one.

it basically manifests as dark ocd..

the differences between platforms of thinking:

mainstream psychology: one sits and spews out random things while a doctor trys to release the information within a theoretical framework (dsm or famous pyschcologist)

okay this is archetypal myth to archetypal myth according to jung.

meditation: the misnomer here is that meditation is a type of psychology, no, it is much closer to an intrinsic physiology. if you look at brain scan of meditation states they are basically closing alpha-delta-beta-gamma rhythms in different patterns so there is less noise. it is the opposite of psychology in the sense that it closes and clears thought and opens radial reception.

neuroscience: the relief here is that thoughts can be generated under faulty brain conditions and feelings are the process of abberated dynamics between neurotransmissional flows. for example a stream-of-consciousness under an unbalanced hypothalamic-pituatary-adrenal axis which includes NOR and DOPA as well as coristol etc would produce aggressive thoughts and overcompensation of ego in the matter.

Last edited:

gen6k

now the second part for "dark ocd" is synaptic channels closing, headspace for moving around or jumping to different trails of thought is reduced. i started taking a phenomenological and esoteric fatal karma type view. the phenomenology was very effective in trying to reduce locationality and the next step of what it was. it basically felt like a confrontation with a dark force itself. everything was black and i would walk for 2-3 hours.

i also started seeing the dynamics at the higher end of esotericism to the point where no one else could make any gestures of why i helped someone out, what is was worth, what it was.

a good part is that after the transit or even a quarter through it was that i learned how to close doors where i dont have to open them just for the sake of wellbeing itself, i learned how to be linear for a goal, as well as spiritual outcome in situations versus base desire outcome.

http://www.thefutureminders.com/Pluto-transits/pluto-square-mars.cfm

well there is a very good chance that you'll win the confrontation, but make sure you protect your brain from stress at least while its happening. explore the human condition, the heroic, the subhuman, every place because little streams will keep sliding out for a while its about proportion. or when you get tired of something make sure that you circumvent some of that energy for an intense hobby. i learned how to sing within that period and i was only singing for 6 months prior. i was able to sing 3-4 hours a day if i wanted to.

i was settled before the end because i was able to get ahead of everything and dissolve the urges by taking a bunch of suppments. so then i was able to fully turn away from it because i knew that my judgement was simultaneously very wrong and very right.

also remember that even though these are powerful transits they are generational transits everyone at the end of libra pluto and start of scorpio pluto are getting the conjunction. it is a cosmic phenomenon, changes will be much more blatant in the next few years after we creatively decipher this energy and why it exists in society.

december 17 you have a jupiter trine moon.
jan 6 2013 saturn conjuncts jupiter and decreases the karma of the conjunct pluto.

in this situation uranus opposite moon is basically a freeing mechanism for the emotions to counteract the pluto, but it can lead to neurosis.

what chiron is doing and sesquid aspects are also important for other measures. basically dont let the destructive pluto lower your capacity before regenerative pluto dials in. or the light at the end of tunnel, nothing is really that important as self-love, etc.

Last edited:

gen6k

nvm

pluto just went direct a few days ago and wont be in orb zone when it retrogrades again so it'll actually take untill march 2016 for exact.

so its basically just the saturn/pluto
saturn/venus
pluto/moon

also your actually entering a jupiter dasha in november, but the jupiter in your natal chart has a square to venus in the 12th. so thats the negative part of it.

Jupiter Dasa, Jupiter Bhukti
If in the natal chart Jupiter occupies an angle, or the 5th or 9th house, or is in the rasi that it rules or is exalted in (Sagittarius, Pisces or Cancer), this bhukti signifies increased honor and respect from those in authority, acquisiton or improvement of property, and likelihood of increased involvement in charitable activities. It ushers in a period of opportunity for marriage or the birth of a child. You are likely to enjoy a more lavish life style. If Jupiter is unfavorably situated in the natal chart, you will be inclined to associate with unsavory charactors. Be wary of a tendency to neglect business affairs and responsibilities because doing so can result in a loss of assets. It is usually a time of separation from family, and may be a period in which the father or son dies. If Jupiter is in the 7th or in the same house as the ruler of the 7th, this can be a period of serious illness.
your jupiter is in the 9th rules 11th

Last edited:

astro_novice

I can see that it's going to be tough.

Your mind will be confused due to Neptune conjunct mercury. Make sure you don't use drugs.
Your emotion will go to the extreme due to Uranus oppose moon. When I had this transit, I was almost a different angry person. My best friends and even my parents wouldn't believe how a peaceful person (me) can become a mad person temporarily.
And Saturn square Venus will really give you a hard time in your love life (assuming that you have an ongoing relationship).

Just watch the transits and be more self-aware. It will be difficult to control these difficult energies. But you will be glad that you try, and regret less about what you did or may have done, at least much later in your life.

Best luck.

MJ82

Thank you all for your replies. It is a challenging time, definitely more on the inside, and I am trying to throw myself into projects and productive work to cope, but sometimes it is overwhelming.

I do keep telling myself that these transits won't just pass, but will leave me with greater wisdom and depth - and that I do embrace. In fact I am already aware of becoming in touch with deeper parts of myself, some of it is liberating and cathartic, some of it is unsettling. In the meantime, I am trying to find better ways of coping with the overwhelm and with the level of intensity which I am feeling, which can't be easily described!

But it is always a comfort to connect with others who are going through a similar thing. Thank god for learning about astrology, otherwise I might really have been lost and over the edge... :devil:

bittermoon

i don't have anything positive and/or constructive to add to this, i'm afraid. i've been going through a bunch of nasty transits myself.

neptune sq. neptune
pluto sq. uranus
uranus op. uranus
pluto op. sun
and soon enough saturn will conjunct my scorpio moon.

kill me now.

when tr. neptune started to square my natal neptune, i got involved in a very neptunian love affair, which has shaken me to the core. it did not end well. when i have a moment of clarity, i rationally can explain why it didn't work, but as those moments are few and far inbetween, i have been an emotional wreck, which has now started to affect me physically as well as i don't eat and don't sleep well.

i wish this was just it. but no.. the break up triggered a complete breakdown and i've started to question everything in my life and have found i do not have my own foundation whatsoever. i better start building. i am not sure where to begin, but finally, for the first time in my life, i have asked all my friends and family for help and the response has been overwhelming. at least something to be happy about!

MJ82

i don't have anything positive and/or constructive to add to this, i'm afraid. i've been going through a bunch of nasty transits myself.

neptune sq. neptune
pluto sq. uranus
uranus op. uranus
pluto op. sun

kill me now.

when tr. neptune started to square my natal neptune, i got involved in a very neptunian love affair, which has shaken me to the core. it did not end well. when i have a moment of clarity, i rationally can explain why it didn't work, but as those moments are few and far inbetween, i have been an emotional wreck, which has now started to affect me physically as well as i don't eat and don't sleep well.

i wish this was just it. but no.. the break up triggered a complete breakdown and i've started to question everything in my life and have found i do not have my own foundation whatsoever. i better start building. i am not sure where to begin, but finally, for the first time in my life, i have asked all my friends and family for help and the response has been overwhelming. at least something to be happy about!

Bittermoon, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time of it. I haven't communicated with you much but from the posts of yours that I have read over my time as a member of this forum, you certainly seem to be a strong person.

I've begun to realise that being a strong person isn't always about having your **** together, but also about having the courage to be honest with yourself and others, about your limits and about when you're not coping and to know when to ask for support. It's amazing how deeply these transits can shake us. I am sure you'll come through it :wink:

bittermoon

Bittermoon, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time of it. I haven't communicated with you much but from the posts of yours that I have read over my time as a member of this forum, you certainly seem to be a strong person.

I've begun to realise that being a strong person isn't always about having your **** together, but also about having the courage to be honest with yourself and others, about your limits and about when you're not coping and to know when to ask for support. It's amazing how deeply these transits can shake us. I am sure you'll come through it :wink:

thank you for your confidence! yes, i am generally a pretty strong person. in the past 4 years i left my husband of 12 years, i moved to another continent to live and work, then moved to yet another continent to live and work and oh, i also did a 9 month solo backpacking trip through asia. none of this was easy, but i always seemed to have some sort of direction, something to do next. currently, i do not have that and i feel like i'm in survival mode. and of course, it takes courage to be honest with oneself and ask for help. i even asked my mum, something i have never done before, which was very hard to do because i'm always the 'tough' one.

i am sure this too shall pass. rationally, i KNOW i will come out stronger, transformed, like a phoenix from the flame, maybe :) but boy oh boy, this has been an awful wake up call of a scope i never could have imagined. i have been totally hysterical and psychotic and experienced a sadness i did not know i had in me.

i am frantically reading about nasty hard transit survivors to find some hope to cling onto. of course, i will be alright. it just won't be today. then again, a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step, right?

MJ82

then again, a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step, right?

For sure! And I'm thankful for this forum. Maybe we should have a group specifically for people undergoing rough transits, for support and sharing experiences. I know there are plenty of threads here but... it's not quite the same as a dedicated place to unload :whistling:

zoumizzouzou

For me, I have been dealing with the Pluto oppostion Sun transit since 2008! I hate it so much, its turned my world upside down. Since this transit is taking place in my 9th house, I have linked it to me starting college and then quitting too. Then their is another long transit that I believe cost me my job (Uranus square Sun) because I don't tolerate authority well (me and my manager got in to a fight and I quit). Then there is Neptune square Sun. Maybe I'm hopeless, always dreaming of "what if?" you know? I do turn to a drink or two when I'm feeling down (I'm of age) but I don't do drugs at all. Maybe I'm not seeing things as they really are or maybe I just don't care. At this point in my life, I don't like most people in it. I could give up everything and everyone and move far, far away if I could afford it, and not blink an eye at all, its how much I don't care. I have an urge to be carefree and reckless sometimes too. I feel like there is nothing I can do to make things better for myself. :sick:

MJ82

For me, I have been dealing with the Pluto oppostion Sun transit since 2008! I hate it so much, its turned my world upside down. Since this transit is taking place in my 9th house, I have linked it to me starting college and then quitting too. Then their is another long transit that I believe cost me my job (Uranus square Sun) because I don't tolerate authority well (me and my manager got in to a fight and I quit). Then there is Neptune square Sun. Maybe I'm hopeless, always dreaming of "what if?" you know? I do turn to a drink or two when I'm feeling down (I'm of age) but I don't do drugs at all. Maybe I'm not seeing things as they really are or maybe I just don't care. At this point in my life, I don't like most people in it. I could give up everything and everyone and move far, far away if I could afford it, and not blink an eye at all, its how much I don't care. I have an urge to be carefree and reckless sometimes too. I feel like there is nothing I can do to make things better for myself. :sick:

Zoumizzouzou, I can totally relate! Hang in there. I've begun to realise that under rough pluto transits especially, writing a private diary or journal can be veryy helpful for unloading and externalising the issues arising for you. I think I will start to do this. Otherwise the pressure and despair just builds and threatens to engulf me! :(

I have a further question for anyone who sees this, and going back for a minute to my transit chart, I feel I understand the effects of these rough transits but not enough about the areas of life concerned.

Can someone help me understand this better? I.e. T Pluto is squaring my moon in the 8th, and my moon rules my 6th house if I remember correctly (on my mobile now so can't view my own chart!). T Uranus opposes my moon (ruler of my 6th) also etc.

Can anyone explain these transits to me in terms of their aspects to house rulers? Maybe this will help me to take concrete steps to move beyond my current state of feeling so on the edge and overwhelmed...

I'd be grateful :)

MJ82

And I'm hoping there are more to these aspects to the ruler of my 6th than health troubles ahead...?

zoumizzouzou

I have thought about making a dream journal, as I have been having dreams that conflict with reality lately or maybe my dream is truth and I'm being lied to in real life? All I know is I am hanging on for dear life :lol:

As for Pluto square Moon, I see it as Pluto making you face up to your fears and repressed emotions (if you have any). I would think this transit transiting the 8th house would intensify Pluto, causing even more extreme emotions. You might be experiencing an emotional rebirth. Since the Moon rules emotions, relationships may be affected as well.

MJ82

As for Pluto square Moon, I see it as Pluto making you face up to your fears and repressed emotions (if you have any). I would think this transit transiting the 8th house would intensify Pluto, causing even more extreme emotions. You might be experiencing an emotional rebirth. Since the Moon rules emotions, relationships may be affected as well.

Indeed it is, and as I have no time (or money) to take up therapy to help disentangle these issues, I am thinking a journal would be a good thing! I just hope my health doesn't get knocked along the bumpy ride :sad:

Puregenius

*GROUP HUG*
I've felt the same way as I posted in my Saturn is trying to kill me thread.

All I can offer is a tinge of encouragement. I can say that I have learned a few new skills and changed my direction in life, possibly for the better. However, I completely understand. I'd love an "hard aspect" discussion forum!
Thanks friends.
-Sir:happy:

Puregenius

neptune sq. neptune
pluto sq. uranus
uranus op. uranus
pluto op. sun

kill me now.

Bittermoon,
Hello there. I'm very sorry to hear about your breakup. With the Cancer sun, Pisces rising I'm sure you are very sensitive and loved your ex very much. It may feel as though your worst fear has materialized but you must remember that you do have a foundation. That's what astrology is all about. About our God given foundations that keep us being us no matter what. Tap into that. It's there. I can see it. It's beautiful. Good luck.

zoumizzouzou

All I can offer is a tinge of encouragement. I can say that I have learned a few new skills and changed my direction in life, possibly for the better. However, I completely understand. I'd love an "hard aspect" discussion forum!
Thanks friends.
-Sir:happy:[/QUOTE]

I read your first post on that thread and it immediately made me think of when Jupiter was transiting my natal Saturn, causing an opposition. I ended up quitting my job and haven't found another (yay for finacial hardships and arguing with bosses... Uranus squaring my Sun isn't helping either.) As for Saturn leaving a gift, I don't understand. Maybe I'm not seeing a silver lining in my situation, or maybe I should because my friend who worked with me (she got me my job) is still hanging in there :sad: and kinda being pushed around too...