Why are Leo men compatible with Aries women but not Sag women?

xichuwangwai

I have no idea if "Leo is more compatible with Aries than Sag" is the truth, cause I never did any research about it. It takes thousands, at least hundreds of cases, for me to be sort of convinced. Well anyway, let's just say it is true, and let's entertain.

This time let's talk about Sun signs, and Sun signs alone.

1, FACE
Face, or you can call it pride, or respect, or vanity, or whatever, is very important to Leo. Aries and Sag are all direct and quick, but in different ways. Aries, actions. Sag, words. Actions can't hurt the face much... what, you say a punch in the face? To Leo, even a punch in the face, not as half hurtful as a word in the face. Well, everyone konws the power of words, hurtful words. And while Leo being hurt, Sag is like "I didn't mean it", no really, Sag really didn't mean it, even better, Sag might just totally forgot what she/he said.

2, KID
Leo is like a kid, and so is Aries. So they sure can play together. And you know, it's gonna be like "See you tomorrow, Professor Sag", and then Leo and Aries walk hand in hand into the horizon.

3, FAIRY TALE
When it comes to love, Leo thinks of herself/himself as a princess/prince, and believe it or not, Aries wants a princess/prince, yep, they live in fairy tales. Sag on the other hand, writes fairy tales, through which expressing her/his philosophical views, but Sag doesn't live in them.

4, HOT
No, I'm not talking about hot looks, I'm talk about personality. The Sun rules Leo, Mar rules Aries, Jupiter rules Sag, and according to ancient astrology, the Sun is hot, Mars is hot, Jupiter is warm. Hot and hot, now that's a match. Hot and warm, well, better than hot and cold, but still, not so match.

I can think of more reasons but... I'm kinda tire of English right now, so The End.

Zeuses

You must have other things in your chart, because Aries and Capricorn isn't a very good combination!

I tend to get along with other fire signs well. With Aries, I do like them, but they bud heads with my Mars in Aries, so there's a competitiveness between each other!

I do get along with probably about 60% of Scorpios, because I have Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto in Scorpio!

Yes, I have Virgo ASC, Taurus Mercury and Capricorn moon so I am pretty comfortable with earth signs. Venus is in Gemini so can get on with air too but definitely don't get on with a lot of Scorpios I have met. I think all that earth calms the Aries down as I am not competitive at all and never have been. Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto sounds intense. Just wonder how that is for you? Maybe it's the Scorpio that butts heads with the Aries.

The19thLaw

I think the other thing here is the denial factor. Sag women lie to themselves a lot and just BS themselves about things in life. They may want to be rich but then after being unable to obtain riches, say that rich people are evil and being rich is overrated. They may want the male model looking guy or the hot popular guy but then realizing how a Libra, Aries, or other sign women are more appealing to him; just rationalize themselves out of attraction.

I notice that is the key with Sag women, they try to rationalize themselves out of attraction due to fearing rejection deep down. Aries women and Leo men go well together because an Aries woman will go for what she wants in a man and not fear rejection. Sag women are not so blunt, they tend to settle for lesser men than what they are attracted to hence why they cheat so much.

Ironically, I've known a lot more cases of Sag women cheating on their spouses with a Leo or having a wild fling with a Leo than the two getting married and such.

To the Leo, it was like that embarrassing one night stand which felt good in the moment but one they would not brag to their friends about. After all, Leos want the finest gals and usually the Venusian ruled Libra, Taurus, or Pisces is it. Sag women aren't exactly models.

Bunraku

I agree. There are numerous cases of serial killers who focus on killing men being Sags. I think they're psychotic, pompous, and explode, then run away when things don't go their way.

Last edited:

Bunraku

I think those with Sagittarius Moon women are the worst. They really ramp up the grandiosity and neuroticism and recklessness at the same time. All of the Sag moon women I've met their lives are a mess or in shambles.

I'm friends with this group of women, 4 of them are married (and have Sag placements prominent in their chart), and they regularly try to seduce each others husbands and sneakily insult each other. I think they do this to try to fill their low self esteem or unhappy lives. I also see random men I've never met park in their driveway while their husbands are away overseas during their military deployments. It is really toxic so I try to stay away, but I can't because they're friends with my mother in law so I have to pretend to like them. The good part is they love to bake and they show me how broken the system is and how they take advantage of it. I swear I've gained like 10 pounds since the last 6 months :pinched:

Last edited:

The19thLaw

Come to think of it, I have known a handful of cases where Leo men felt like they were "hunted" by Sag women so the attraction is most definitely there. One of my friends as a Leo stellium and he is almost a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike, granted he is Brazilian.

When he was in school, he had a teacher that was very mean to him but tried to keep him around after school. Come to find, her birthday was on December 4th. It was happening over a period of months and then the word got out that she was making him have sexual relations with her. She even took him to her house.

His parents were divorcing so he was alone, she pounced on him. He tells me it was intense and she was really latching on, even threatening him if he ever told anyone.

There is no denying that at their core, Sag women have a lot of sexual attraction to Leo men. It is dangerous when they are in a position of power though because the poor Leo will be hunted for her sexual gratification.

AstroPunter86

Aries and Leo have a special relationship because Leo's Ruler the Sun is exalted in Aries (because that is the time of year that the day overtakes the night in length) and also Aries' Ruler Mars is exalted in Leo, because it is the hottest time of the year.

Therefore those two signs are very compatible.

conspiracy theorist

Hey, cut him some slack. I'm a Sagittarius male and there was a 50% chance that I would've been born a girl, so this means that I should be 50% offended. But I'm not.

Zigakly

It's fair to assume that among fire and air signs, a fixed will lean towards cardinal rather than mutable. Similarly a fixed earth or water sign will lean towards mutable rather than cardinal. That's only because fire and air are progressive while earth and water are more complacent. Leo and Aquarius want to support trailblazers, while Taurus and Scorpio want to support the steadfast.

And that's how fixed signs roll in relationships, they do what they do best how they see fit, which can seem rather guarded, but they make wide-sweeping carefully calculated changes in direction in order to support their partner. So they need to know when they start making changes, the support they will eventually offer will be beneficial and appreciated once their painstaking efforts have taken effect.

So for fire and air, cardinals are more predictable long term. For earth and water, mutables are more predictable. And man, you do not want to have to deal with a fixed sign that has made big moves for you, and then you're not where you gave them every impression you'd be when they finished. Yeah, this Leo only made that mistake once, and she was a Gemini.

love-thinking

Among celebs I have seen so many male Leo celebs marry Aries women and among close friends I have seen this pairing a lot.

On the flip side, I've seen Leos go more for water sign and earth sign women more than Sag women.

Why is this pairing so rare?

I am a sag stellium, I would never go for a leo man. You also have to look at nakshatras because they impact a lot. I am dating a sag moon man with sun in cap and he sounds like he would leos but me with my 12th stellium can't bear them for too long.

The19thLaw

I am a sag stellium, I would never go for a leo man. You also have to look at nakshatras because they impact a lot. I am dating a sag moon man with sun in cap and he sounds like he would leos but me with my 12th stellium can't bear them for too long.

don't see too many Leo men losing sleep over this

wan

I am a Leo, but not a man. Does that count?

I haven't had too much experience with Sags, but one of my closest friends was probably a lunar Saggitarius, is my guess. And we got along very well. I also had another very good friend, she was a sun sign Aries. Again, got along very well. I still think about her.

Katarzena

Among celebs I have seen so many male Leo celebs marry Aries women and among close friends I have seen this pairing a lot.

On the flip side, I've seen Leos go more for water sign and earth sign women more than Sag women.

Interesting. I've also seen Leo-Aries long lasting marriages but when it comes to Leo-Sag that's better for friendship. Sag and Aquarius are commonly in an explosive relationship. Perhaps too much ego in between Sag and Leo 😂

Cosmette

I will say as a Sagittarius sun/merc/venus/pluto stellium in 5th (Leo house/Leo ascendant), you would think a Leo who falls into my 1st house or 2nd house would be a wonderful match. Problem is for me, my north node is in Leo and I hear conjunctions to the north node can be intense, for a lack of a better word. I've had two best friends who were Leos who ended up being very vain and selfish, but as is the underdeveloped Leo. (One was a Leo from sun to mars, the other was a Leo sun, mercury, venus in a Leo ascendant)

I later ran into one on a fun little astrological app called NuiT where I met 2 gentlemen who were sun, moon, mercury Leos. One Leo called me a narcissist for not finding wrong in the fact I didn't reply as fast as he cared for, and the other was actually in a relationship but joined the app to get attention from women when his girlfriend didn't get him enough.

Lastly, I dated a Leo who swore up and down we'd be together forever and slept with a plethora of women soon after. My current partner himself is a Gemini, but he is a Leo moon, and my recent ex was a Virgo sun Leo moon and Venus and I've found both my ex and my partner to have a history with wandering eyes (Although my current partner has not currently done that so I'm staying optimistic).

Point in saying all that is, while planets matter and aspects matter, we should remember that Leo represents children/fun/pleasure. An underdeveloped Leo is selfish and attention seeking, whereas an evolved Leo is generous and loyal. In my experience I find I have the best luck with someone who isn't so purely Leo. Leos can be childish and while a Sagittarius like me can have fun with them, (especially since most of my personal planets fall into Leo's ruling house) they can be...... something else. Aries I feel is strong enough to tolerate the wild side of Leo, and while a Sag is about the same being a fellow fire sign and all- we're also known for being a bit of a commitment-phobe. We're vey loyal when we do choose to settle down, but I've never been able to wait out the childishness of an underdeveloped Leo, if they act up or show atypical behaviors to an underdeveloped sign I just don't have the patience for it.

Now, I work with a Leo coworker, he was an addict and a cheater, however once he went to rehab and had his daughter he really shaped up. He's responsible, likes to have fun and goof around, has a very regal air to him, but he's aware of others and is very friendly and kind.

There's a lot to say about underdeveloped signs, so not just Leo, Sagittarius as well, but a developed Leo man in my eyes should have no problem with a Sagittarius woman. I consider my coworker a very good friend, and my current partner with a Leo moon seems to have really changed his former immature ways and seems quite loyal to me. I can only guess as to why an Aries woman would prefer a Leo man, but I think it has a lot to do with the state of the Leo man in question. Is he mature? Is he immature? Is he loyal? Is he disloyal? Etc.

Last edited:

leomoon

Cosmette:

I'm likely much older then you are, BUT, I've also had a lot of experience over many decades with Leos as well. My sister in law who we are estranged from is a Leo Sun and whatever else, because her ASC is also Leo and she has a few other planets in this sign, so "off the rails" Leo.

When I first met her through my then fiance, (her brother) he told me in advance she believes she is very beautiful. She has long long thick mane of hair, and men are attracted to her, that's true enough at least back in the 70s.

I introduced her to Astrology back then, and she picked it up rather quickly, but turned to Tarot, which is her thing - reading cards.

I thought we got along rather well enough, but over the years, it fell apart.

I came away thinking about it, because I always enjoyed her company with her Aries Sun husband Sagittarius Moon, we'd laugh a lot at least her husband, my husband and me. He was quite the joker. They eventually divorced, had been teenagers when they married and had 2 sons right away. they divorced when the kids grew up.

She was looking for more excitement - younger guys....whatever :whistling: at least that is what he told me.

I recall when her ex husband, the Aries would come over my house (we lived about 1/2 hr from them), and cry over coffee for awhile. That happened for months...and he once asked me, "How is it you go to the store (food store for example) with curlers in your hair and Bonnie wouldn't be caught dead without FULL makeup, dress, etc to answer the doorbell"

He really wanted to know, because he knew I had a Leo Moon and said he really didn't get why that was, because he knew I often went to the store this way (jeans, no makeup, and curlers) :joyful:

I told him, "its easy really to understand. A Leo Moon is "emotionally within, sure of her or himself not conceited, not vain, just emotionally more secure I believe". .......at least for me, thats all it was. I don't think that is true of a Leo Sun, nor even a Leo Rising. They "seem" to always be "on" and having to prove themselves to others., and I could give a **** less, lol.

That is one of my Leo stories.

leomoon

Lastly, I dated a Leo who swore up and down we'd be together forever and slept with a plethora of women soon after. My current partner himself is a Gemini, but he is a Leo moon, and my recent ex was a Virgo sun Leo moon and Venus and I've found both my ex and my partner to have a history with wandering eyes (Although my current partner has not currently done that so I'm staying optimistic).

I think we'd need to know their aspects ....or at least your current squeeze aspects to his Venus, Mars etc. to know more.

Is his sun sign in trouble via Squares or oppositions or semi-squares etc to his Sun's ruler (in this case; Mercury is the Sun ruler) To me, thats a biggee.

My Leo sister in law I talked about above, was married from age 16 (he was 18), because she was pregnant, and he an Aries like I said, Sag Moon.

they got along well for a dozen or more years, until they didn't any longer.

From what I thought from close contact, they BOTH vied for the "center stage" all the time. She usually won. But he did his share of preening too.

Yet with his Moon sign, it was in a funnier way.

The19thLaw

Come to think of it, Sag is 5 signs away from Leo so naturally the 5th house of a Leo rising will be Sag. Will this mean a Sag woman is just for fun? Makes sense because I have known a lot of cases where a Leo will sleep with a Sag woman and at times, she is even married and he is the reason for the affair.

I do however have to call out the undeveloped Sags, especially women. Chrissy Tiegen is a great example of all of this. The holier than thou attitude but very unhinged to where she cyber bullies people. I think given the downfall of the sign in Mercury, Sags are not good communicators and often come off as unhinged to most people.