Severe career disorientation: Current Aries stellium opposing returning saturn

Milber

I have been looking forward to this month very much: The Aries stellium planets are transiting my 9th/10th house, tr. uranus trines my natal uranus, and I thought this would be the time to finally push my not-very-lucrative business (graphic design) forward.
Instead I am having doubts (tr. Jupiter in 10th house opposing natal saturn conj. mars in 4th, currently returning rx). I'm not doing anything. On the one hand I'm forced to find a second job in the next two month to prevent major financial desaster and to be able to keep the designing business. On the other hand, I'm wondering whether it's all worth it. I feel bored (ok, I feel bored quite often). Design work is v. gratifying for my Libra and Taurus planets but my Gemini sun + mercury want puzzles to solve, things to think through (pr. moon currently entering 11th gemini house). I'm considering doing a PhD - provided I can get a grant - just because it would be interesting and satisfying. It's not that I'd even consider a career in science (too rigid, they can't put themselves and their methods into perspective). In fact, I'm working on - pls don't start laughing - a career in dancing but it will take a really long time to monetise. And maybe I'm not good enough at all.
Surely that's not the way to go about starting to earn solid money (with a long-term perspective) and it won't help me staying self-employed (matters to me a lot). But I can't even decide what to focus on anymore, quickly earning money, saving the design business, learning something else more interesting... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: If you happen to know an affordable astrologer doing good saturn return consultations, pls let me know.

Attachments

• natal_kath.jpg
    natal_kath.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 45

Milber

No ideas anyone? I know this must have sounded pretty confused and I am. If you could have a look at my chart and just throw in an idea or two it would help me a lot.

Munch

I just went through my Saturn Return last year. I did a lot of prep for it and began taking steps to lead my life in a new direction in an attempt to avert any unpleasant life changes being forced on me. All I can say is that was a silly waste of time. Your Saturn return (if it works anything like mine did) will put you on the 'correct' path which can likely have no bearing on the path that you are consciously trying to find. The feelings of boredom and ambivalence are normal at this time, as is the feeling that you MUST DO SOMETHING NOW! :w00t: It's the precursor to a new beginning. I would suggest not trying to change anything and allowing this time to unfold naturally.

I went from a dead end job with a company that I loathed to being unemployed for almost a year (but supported at every turn, because the Universe/God is good) in which I got to spend a lot of time in reflection and dealing with the dismantling of most everything that I had previously considered important. After that period I literally lucked into the best job of my life! I work for a company that is consistently rated in the top 100 to work. They have a six round interview process that I somehow managed to completely bypass. My new position is absolutely perfect for me and one that I would never have thought I could enjoy.

Good luck! Remember that the less you try to fight and control the outcome of your SR, the easier and even more enjoyable the whole process will be.

Milber

Munch, thanks for sharing your story with me. Maybe your right and I should have a little more patience and wait and see cause everything I could do now somehow doesn't feel right. On the other hand, what does. Maybe I just lack the courage to do something I don't initially want to do.

R4VEN

Milber, I just wanted to add a few things here (chiefly to further my own personal interest in interpreting vocational astrology), the first of which is that the 1st paragraph of Munch's post (#3) contains excellent and very pertinent advice. Being in the middle of your Saturn Return is like trying to groom your hair while in the middle of a hurricane!!

Milber said:
I feel bored (ok, I feel bored quite often). Design work is v. gratifying for my Libra and Taurus planets but my Gemini sun + mercury want puzzles to solve, things to think through (pr. moon currently entering 11th gemini house).
When I first read this part of your 1st post I thought: But you are solving problems!! Perhaps the problems you are having to face are not the kind you would like to be faced with, but such is the nature of problems themselves - if they are the kind you want to be faced withm then they're hardly problems, are they?

Another consideration is that your progressed MC is currently conjunct your natal Moon, so some confusion and changeability is likely. I feel that you will have to be adaptable over the next 3 or so months, as opportunities may come very well disguised!

You mentioned progr Moon, and this is in the 11th house and in Gemini, so I suspect that your long-term goals will change. You can't pre-empt this, or intellectualize this in any way. What will be, will be.

A really nice progression at the moment is Venus to your natal Sun. I look upon that one as being able to bring balance to your situation. (When I had this, I found a way of getting out of my stodgy employment situation and taking a breather for a while. The down-side was a major drop in income, but it was worth it.) Venus rules your 4th and 11th houses, so hopefully your goals for the future can become clearer.

PD187540

Such a great thread!! I'm also in the prelude to my Saturn Return, which will occur in 2012. I have a transiting stellium of Aries planets in my 3rd House opposing transiting Saturn in the 9th house. (natal Saturn is conjunct the MC in Scorpio).

I'm not working at all, but I'm completing some college courses that I need in order to apply to medical school. Then next year, I'll take the admissions test and apply. I think this seems like an excellent Saturn Return event, and I'm hoping for a positive outcome!

If this truly IS my destined path in life, then at the conclusion of my Saturn Return, I should be in medical school, right? I mean, it only makes sense that my entire educational career so far has been priming me up for medicine. Because I realize that's the case, the Saturn Return should karmically reward me with an admission, yes? (just using logic here...)

R4VEN

If this truly IS my destined path in life, then at the conclusion of my Saturn Return, I should be in medical school, right? I mean, it only makes sense that my entire educational career so far has been priming me up for medicine. Because I realize that's the case, the Saturn Return should karmically reward me with an admission, yes? (just using logic here...)
Sorry, mate - life doesn't work that way. Your Saturn return is just as likely to send you off hiking in Mexico, or joining an ashram in India. You cannot pre-empt the outcomes of transits in that way.

Karmic rewards come from a long line of lifetimes, and who says that a Saturn Return will deliver karmic rewards???????????? Mostly it sees you having to work hard for something you had not been aware of earlier.

Just being Saturn for the moment, because that is how Saturn works.

PD187540

Mostly it sees you having to work hard for something you had not been aware of earlier.

Well, the hard work aspect is most definitely there...that goes without saying (finishing up my coursework over the summer, and the summer sessions are particularly brutal for advanced sciences)...studying for the admissions test, etc.

Why wouldn't a Saturn Return bring a karmic reward? I'm sure it doesn't necessarily mean "karmic punishment," because if that were the case, I'd be committing suicide if I don't get in. I do have Saturn conjunct Pluto all conjunct the MC in Scorpio, both opposed my moon in aries... "gun to the head" seems to stand out for some reason. Transiting Pluto will also be conjunct my Capricorn ascendant.

But let's not think so drastically, shall we? I'm never one to feel depressed or to contemplate suicidal thoughts, and I hope these transits don't spontaneously activate such thoughts in 2012 when they're in full effect.

R4VEN

Why is getting into medical school a karmic reward???
Karmic rewards are generally not recognised by the intellect.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here. To me, your reasoning as to why `I must get into Medical School' makes little sense in the Grand Scheme Of Things. I've been through 2 Saturn returns, and they have nothing at all to do with rewards - or punishment, for that matter.

I'm not questioning your `right' to get into medical school, just the reasons you use. It's like saying: I have brown eyes, so they'd better accept me! But if you don't have a Plan B you're being unrealistic. A Saturn return forces you to face reality.

Last edited:

PD187540

Why is getting into medical school a karmic reward???
Karmic rewards are generally not recognised by the intellect.
A Saturn return forces you to face reality.

What do you mean by karmic rewards are not recognized by the intellect? What do karmic rewards involve, then?

I agree that a Saturn return forces you to face reality, but does that necessarily mean that you're completely unaware of what that reality is, and it takes a Saturn Return to make THE true reality appear from out of nowhere?

Is that what you're saying?

If so, then it seems as if whatever we intuitively feel as the effects of an impending Saturn Return is all wrong, and gut instinct plays no role in it whatsoever.

PD187540

Sorry, mate - life doesn't work that way. Your Saturn return is just as likely to send you off hiking in Mexico, or joining an ashram in India. You cannot pre-empt the outcomes of transits in that way.

P.S.

It's funny how you mentioned the "hiking in Mexico." Before you even typed that, I was looking at foreign medical schools earlier in the day, one of which was the University of Guadalajara in Mexico. Too funny!

Munch

Karma embraces the laws of cause and effect on a larger and more profound scale than our mundane desires. It is more about learning lessons of personal development, not intellectual cultivation.

I think the perspective of punishment and reward need to be dealt with in a different context. The Saturn Return is about neither of these things. Instead it is a time of testing. What have you learned in relation to your Natal Saturn issues? This is what is being defined and refined when the Saturn Return happens. What comes of it is a direct result of what you have or haven't learned on your personal path to improvement and fulfillment.

You getting into medical school sounds much more like ego gratification than soul and spiritual development. And keep in mind that I said, 'sounds.' I can't say for certain as I don't know you. :wink:

PD187540

Whatever I do in life must gratify my ego to a certain extent ;) I think it does relate to soul and spiritual development since my north node in Gemini is in the 6th House (of serving the public and health).

As for my natal Saturn being on the Midheaven in Scorpio, I've learned that it takes (and will take) plenty of hard work and effort in order to get to where I want to go professionally. That's for sure. In my upcoming Saturn Return, I feel that my entire past of working hard academically SHOULD pay off in being rewarded with entry into medical school...which starts ANOTHER Saturn Return cycle of even MORE hard work.

From my perspective, this is what the Saturn Return is telling me. Yes, I'm seeing this as a REWARD, and I believe that it's the right way to look at it. Also, the reward may be entry into medical school, BUT (since Saturn is Mr. Karma himself), I'm being rewarded with MORE hard work. See my point? Both good and "bad" at the same time...

Munch

Indeed I do. Please let us know how this works out for you. I will be interested to learn what happens.

My Saturn sits on my ASC., so for me it was very personal and didn't have much to do with worldly status at all, so much as personal authority. When my solar return happened on Jan 4, my chart literally moved a whole quadrant, thus putting my SR Saturn on my MC for the year. Together with the Solar eclipse that happened the same day, clearly I am moving on to a new phase in life that is not as much about developing me, as finally developing my path to the outer world. Hope that makes sense.

I share this only to try to show that I understand your logic and hopefully help you see why I am interested in the outcome. :smile:

Good luck!

PD187540

Indeed I do. Please let us know how this works out for you. I will be interested to learn what happens.

My Saturn sits on my ASC., so for me it was very personal and didn't have much to do with worldly status at all, so much as personal authority. When my solar return happened on Jan 4, my chart literally moved a whole quadrant, thus putting my SR Saturn on my MC for the year. Together with the Solar eclipse that happened the same day, clearly I am moving on to a new phase in life that is not as much about developing me, as finally developing my path to the outer world. Hope that makes sense.

I share this only to try to show that I understand your logic and hopefully help you see why I am interested in the outcome. :smile:

Good luck!

Well, I'm just as interested as you in finding out the outcome! haha :cool:

In fact, I should look into my solar return year for 2012-2013. My birthday is Sept. 24th, so I don't think the 2011 SR will play much of a role. I should be hearing from the medical schools in the Fall of 2012, so I think the 2012 SR is better to use...I think?

PD187540

I'm also very curious about something: What particular transits would give a tendency to consider murder? I know Pluto is the major planet for murder, but I wonder if there are any particular transit combinations that could hint at that in a chart...

For example, could a Pluto in Capricorn conjunct the Ascendant with a simultaneous transit of Saturn conjunct Saturn in Scorpio and Pluto in Libra (both opposing the Moon in Aries) lead to it?