Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 03-12-2016, 06:50 AM

Scorpio Sun and Rising

Hi. I have a question regarding this combination. My friend has Scorpio Sun and Rising with 1st House Pluto (but not conjunct), and I've read that Scorpio Rising people or Double Scorpio people are intense , secretive and dark. But when I met him and befriended him, he was not intimidating and secretive at all. He doesn't have that piercing stare. He is also very friendly to all people and telling his secrets (also kind of showy type). I think he is more of Libra/Leo type. Why is that so?

Ps. I'm so sorry that I posted this question since I'm just a newbie in Astrology and I just recently started having interest in Astrology. Thanks.

Unread 03-12-2016, 08:31 PM

Re: Scorpio Sun and Rising

It depends on what else is in his chart. The Ascendant and Sun are very important but there may be other factors which are stronger in the opposite direction. There may be many personal planets in outgoing signs and houses. You also might want to look at the position of Mars.
Unread 03-12-2016, 10:07 PM

He would be a Libra rising/sun in Vedic.
Unread 03-13-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
It depends on what else is in his chart. The Ascendant and Sun are very important but there may be other factors which are stronger in the opposite direction. There may be many personal planets in outgoing signs and houses. You also might want to look at the position of Mars.
Thank you. I just checked his chart again and he has Leo Mars (10th), Virgo Venus (11th), Libra Mercury (12th) with Scorpio Sun in 12th also. His moon is also in 5th House Taurus. Maybe that makes him extroverted I guess.
Unread 03-13-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenderoja View Post
He would be a Libra rising/sun in Vedic.
<br />
<br />
Wow! You're right :O I checked his Sidereal chart (I don't know if it's the same with Vedic) and he has Sun/Ascendant in Libra.
Unread 03-13-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
Thank you. I just checked his chart again and he has Leo Mars (10th), Virgo Venus (11th), Libra Mercury (12th) with Scorpio Sun in 12th also. His moon is also in 5th House Taurus. Maybe that makes him extroverted I guess.
We still don't know the whole chart, aspects and how everything fits together but based on that alone the co-ruler of the Ascendant in Leo (masculine, outgoing sign) and at the top of the chart (public image). Venus in 11th is friendly and sociable, as is Moon in the 5th. His Sun could be conjunct the Ascendant, which would be more expressive and outgoing, regardless of sign.
Unread 03-13-2016, 11:54 PM

Sometimes birth-time might be "off" due to time-pieces not being completely accurate. Or maybe the doctor who delivered him glanced at the clock some time after the actual delivery and this would cause an inaccurate birth-time too.
Unread 03-14-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
We still don't know the whole chart, aspects and how everything fits together but based on that alone the co-ruler of the Ascendant in Leo (masculine, outgoing sign) and at the top of the chart (public image). Venus in 11th is friendly and sociable, as is Moon in the 5th. His Sun could be conjunct the Ascendant, which would be more expressive and outgoing, regardless of sign.
Thanks for your insight. You really describe his personality. He is loud, friendly, and funny. He really lights up the mood.

I already attached his chart, so that you could also see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2ata_01_l.46210.42875.jpg (121.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by darkangel; 03-14-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Unread 03-14-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Sometimes birth-time might be "off" due to time-pieces not being completely accurate. Or maybe the doctor who delivered him glanced at the clock some time after the actual delivery and this would cause an inaccurate birth-time too.
Yeah that's my also problem. I'm guessing that he was maybe born 30 minutes earlier or later. So confusing haha.

Tags
rising, scorpio