Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.

Unread 02-27-2016, 03:24 AM

Many Major Health Issues - Chart Indication? Hints of Best Remedies?

Hello. Over the last four or so years, I have been diagnosed with one thing after another, and have been having a rough time of it. Issues are mostly related to my heart and endocrine system, and are congenital. I've had to undergo a major surgery recently and am still struggling to get to a normal, balanced, healthy life. I was wondering if anything in my chart indicated these rather extreme health issues, and if there's any insight into what I could do to promote a more healthy life, or more success with future treatments, doctors, etc. I feel like my life has turned into just one big emphasis on my health, and medicine in general. It feels strange. I read the 6th house has to do with health, but I haven't got anything going on in my 6th house, so I'm not sure what to make of that. I would normally think this means health wouldn't be of much importance/emphasis for me, but obviously that isn't true. Also I've read up on what parts of the body each sign and planet rule (for example I'm rather heavy on Capricorn, and that indicates issues with bones/spine, and that's mildly true for me, but doesn't really hit on any of my major health problems). It's just difficult synthesizing everything. Thanks so much in advance. I don't know how to even begin research for this topic.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_w2at_01_maya.59829.9657.gif (54.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by scarlett_early; 02-27-2016 at 06:16 AM.
Unread 02-27-2016, 10:29 AM

Re: Many Major Health Issues - Chart Indication? Hints of Best Remedies?

Hi Maya,
I've just seen this thread after replying to your more general question regarding the 9th house. It would seem that 'health patterns' was more a direct hit than it was considered to be.

Does the endocrine issue involve the thyroid, female organs and/or colon?

From the medical astrology viewpoint, planets in the Ascending sign can be indicative of an inherent physical disorder that can, but not necessary does influence the general constituion (1st house).
General (good) health is found in Jupiter, the planet of idealism, optimism, happiness and well-being. It enlarges everything it touches and if in harsh aspect (lack of expression of its good aspects), it can find a relationship with all kinds of swellings, etc. It is conjunct Venus in the 1st house, sign ruler /planet of the neck/thyoid area. There is often an association with thyroid and heart conditions. (Watch out for diabetes too!)

Jupiter also makes an inconjunct (150 degrees) aspect to Moon in Scorpio (deep emotions). Such an aspect can refer to 'stress and strain'. Add that Moon squares Mercury (communicative thought and ruler 3rd and 6th house) and any nervous tension that arises through a situation and is not adequately expressed and dealt with, could be the fore-runner of any medical issues later occuring.
Venus-Pluto in their houses would bring personal relationship questions to mind. Moon aspects, as ruler 4th house, could bring in the hereditary traits from natural mother's side?

The Sun is well-aspected, yet it IS in Pisces and in the 12th house, that can often suggest 'a weak heart' in that it can make itself a(n) (un)willing victim that takes everything thrown at it without retaliation of any kind.

Conditions of the heart ( in every sense!!!) are found along the Leo-Aquarius axis. Mercury is in Aquarius. Irregularity of heart, Mercury 'valve' complications.
I work with an astrological point called Black Moon Lilith. It has strong associations with images of childhood experiences that can effect how life is further experienced. It has been observed to have more than an average association with physical dis-orders that arise when its function lays dormant. I find it extremely intriguing that it is situated in Leo (self identity) and squares Moon, opposes Mercury and inconjuncts Sun!! It also sextiles Chiron. Perhaps getting in touch and dealing with the feelings and memories of the 'child within' can be a manner to heal one's self emotionally and physically?

Immune and endocrine issues find an association with Saturn-Neptune, yet they are not linked by aspect in the chart. Othere than the stellium influence I cannot see that they make any harsh aspects with other planets. This would suggest that any health issue is not chronic of nature, although Saturn-Uranus might well ask that bygones be bygones and a different perspective be taken of the past.

When transiting Saturn leaves Sagittarius after opposing Chiron (acceptance of any psychic wound), you will approach the Saturn return. This will be an excellent time to 'grow into maturity' and face the future with renewed spirit. A new lease of life (Aries Asc.) and self confidence (Jupiter) can work wonders.

I've been astrologically (without being too personally) explicit to provide some sort of synthesis for you that you may be able to follow. I hope it is of help, however small.

Good luck to you .

Last edited by Frisiangal; 02-28-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: deletion of non aspects!
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (03-05-2016)
Unread 03-01-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Hi Maya,
I've just seen this thread after replying to your more general question regarding the 9th house. It would seem that 'health patterns' was more a direct hit than it was considered to be.

Does the endocrine issue involve the thyroid, female organs and/or colon?

From the medical astrology viewpoint, planets in the Ascending sign can be indicative of an inherent physical disorder that can, but not necessary does influence the general constituion (1st house).
General (good) health is found in Jupiter, the planet of idealism, optimism, happiness and well-being. It enlarges everything it touches and if in harsh aspect (lack of expression of its good aspects), it can find a relationship with all kinds of swellings, etc. It is conjunct Venus in the 1st house, sign ruler /planet of the neck/thyoid area. There is often an association with thyroid and heart conditions. (Watch out for diabetes too!)
This makes a lot of sense actually, although my health issues (at least so far) haven't touched too much on this.

Quote:
Jupiter also makes an inconjunct (150 degrees) aspect to Moon in Scorpio (deep emotions). Such an aspect can refer to 'stress and strain'. Add that Moon squares Mercury (communicative thought and ruler 3rd and 6th house) and any nervous tension that arises through a situation and is not adequately expressed and dealt with, could be the fore-runner of any medical issues later occuring.
Venus-Pluto in their houses would bring personal relationship questions to mind. Moon aspects, as ruler 4th house, could bring in the hereditary traits from natural mother's side?

The Sun is well-aspected, yet it IS in Pisces and in the 12th house, that can often suggest 'a weak heart' in that it can make itself a(n) (un)willing victim that takes everything thrown at it without retaliation of any kind.

Conditions of the heart ( in every sense!!!) are found along the Leo-Aquarius axis. Mercury is in Aquarius. Irregularity of heart, Mercury 'valve' complications.
One of my issues does have to do with a heart valve defect.

Quote:
I work with an astrological point called Black Moon Lilith. It has strong associations with images of childhood experiences that can effect how life is further experienced. It has been observed to have more than an average association with physical dis-orders that arise when its function lays dormant. I find it extremely intriguing that it is situated in Leo (self identity) and squares Moon, opposes Mercury and inconjuncts Sun!! It also sextiles Chiron. Perhaps getting in touch and dealing with the feelings and memories of the 'child within' can be a manner to heal one's self emotionally and physically?
This really touches on something I've sensed and been attracted to attempt for a long time now. Honestly I have this sense that if I just learn more about my self (perhaps astrologically, among other ways) that I'll be able to unravel all of the knots that I sense are in me. If that makes any sense whatsoever

Quote:
Immune and endocrine issues find an association with Saturn-Neptune, yet they are not linked by aspect in the chart. Othere than the stellium influence I cannot see that they make any harsh aspects with other planets. This would suggest that any health issue is not chronic of nature, although Saturn-Uranus might well ask that bygones be bygones and a different perspective be taken of the past.

When transiting Saturn leaves Sagittarius after opposing Chiron (acceptance of any psychic wound), you will approach the Saturn return. This will be an excellent time to 'grow into maturity' and face the future with renewed spirit. A new lease of life (Aries Asc.) and self confidence (Jupiter) can work wonders.

I've been astrologically (without being too personally) explicit to provide some sort of synthesis for you that you may be able to follow. I hope it is of help, however small.

Good luck to you .
I still have a lot to look into and learn from here, and just unpacking all of this information will take me some time (thank you so much again!) I also wanted to throw a couple of things out there that I recently read. I was wondering how common these interpretations are, and whether I might be on the right track in my thinking...

For one, my most pressing health issues right now has to do with my pituitary gland. I happened to be reading from an older astrology book that I have this afternoon, and came across a piece of info about Capricorn ruling the anterior pituitary gland and regulation of hormone systems, as well as bones, teeth, etc. Given that (it looks still) like I have many planets in Capricorn, it really caught my attention. Is this a common attribution to Capricorn?

I was also looking more into Chiron and the nodes, since I hadn't really done much research about them, and it seemed like my Sun square Chiron was important. When I was reading up about it, I kept seeing this same quote: "When Chiron squares the Nodes, it tends to cause all parts of the Nodes to be activated, resulting in a short-term highly activated axis. Most of my clients who have this position had a life of great struggle..." I thought I'd also read something about it causing almost too intense of an energy within a person, and that the energy needs to be focused somewhere, otherwise it can start manifesting as mental or physical pain or breakdown. I was wondering if this is something important aspect wise in my chart?

I'm still needing to read up on a lot of the things you pointed out to better understand. The Sun in Pisces in the 12th house seems like an important place to look, too. And I'm starting to think about how I can try to apply all of this to the here and now, and the year ahead. Anyway. For fear of starting to ramble, I'll leave it at that for now. Thank you so much again for all of your help and insight!
The Following User Says Thank You to scarlett_early For This Useful Post:
katydid (03-01-2016)
Unread 03-01-2016, 05:34 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett_early View Post
For one, my most pressing health issues right now has to do with my pituitary gland. I happened to be reading from an older astrology book that I have this afternoon, and came across a piece of info about Capricorn ruling the anterior pituitary gland and regulation of hormone systems, as well as bones, teeth, etc. Given that (it looks still) like I have many planets in Capricorn, it really caught my attention. Is this a common attribution to Capricorn ?
Glandular or endicrinology astrology appears to be one of the hardest to figure where rulerships are concerned. Although Neptune is said to rule the glandular system as a whole, each gland is given a separate rulership according to its position in the body. Signs denote area, planets denote organic function.
The pituitary gland is more difficult because it consists of two separate parts, each with its own function.
If you Google 'pituitary gland+astrology' you will see umpteen sites and each one will offer a different rulership for it, including chakras.
I was taught that Uranus ruled the gland.

Quote:
I was also looking more into Chiron and the nodes, since I hadn't really done much research about them, and it seemed like my Sun square Chiron was important. When I was reading up about it, I kept seeing this same quote: "When Chiron squares the Nodes, it tends to cause all parts of the Nodes to be activated, resulting in a short-term highly activated axis. Most of my clients who have this position had a life of great struggle..." I thought I'd also read something about it causing almost too intense of an energy within a person, and that the energy needs to be focused somewhere, otherwise it can start manifesting as mental or physical pain or breakdown. I was wondering if this is something important aspect wise in my chart?
This is something you have to decide for yourself by asking if you recognise the descriptions of Chiron in Gemini that could apply to you and if you are aware that there is a necessity to do anything about it.

Tags
chart, health, hints, indication, issues, major, remedies