Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-11-2020, 04:18 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 199
How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

The sign is portrayed as being jolly and happy go lucky but when it has been pushed to the brink of anger (say someone assaults their mother or lover or children) and breaking point, what is the jolly and happy go lucky spirit like?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-11-2020, 09:56 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,145
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

I don't see Leo's as being jolly and happy go lucky. I see them as being self confident and forthright and happy when things are going well.

But the 'shadow' of Leo energy is a distinct lack of self confidence, and depression stemming from fear and uncertainty, about living up to one's self imposed expectations.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
serafin5 (08-25-2020)
  #3  
Unread 08-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,082
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

If I was to answer, would you guess me as Leo sun? And accuse me of being negative based on a negative question?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-12-2020, 12:13 PM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 169
Tbh I think the reaction also is partially influenced by the Mars placement. Leos with different Mars signs may react in different ways.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-12-2020, 04:00 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,126
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Leo is about heart and all that arises from it. The key qualities of heart are love, compassion, gratitude, tenderness in any form. It also includes loneliness, sorrow, and the shakiness of fear.

As an example, Leo likes to receive appreciation and is also very generous with appreciation. The natural polarity of that is to feel unappreciated and all the emotions which may arise from that: sadness, deflation, lacking confidence, annoyance, anger.

Also, with a constriction in the outflow of appreciation, then critical, complaining.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 08-12-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (08-29-2020)
  #6  
Unread 08-13-2020, 12:43 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 199
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Leo is about heart and all that arises from it. The key qualities of heart are love, compassion, gratitude, tenderness in any form. It also includes loneliness, sorrow, and the shakiness of fear.

As an example, Leo likes to receive appreciation and is also very generous with appreciation. The natural polarity of that is to feel unappreciated and all the emotions which may arise from that: sadness, deflation, lacking confidence, annoyance, anger.

Also, with a constriction in the outflow of appreciation, then critical, complaining.
But that's just a sorrowful side and not a dark one that could harm anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-13-2020, 03:10 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 199
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
Tbh I think the reaction also is partially influenced by the Mars placement. Leos with different Mars signs may react in different ways.
I noticed both Trump and Hillary have a Leo mars.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 08-25-2020, 11:27 AM
serafin5's Avatar
serafin5 serafin5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the california high desert
Posts: 968
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
The sign is portrayed as being jolly and happy go lucky but when it has been pushed to the brink of anger (say someone assaults their mother or lover or children) and breaking point, what is the jolly and happy go lucky spirit like?
I think a Leo person can have and express such a bruised ego identity that can become so out of hand they can simply crush their loved ones under the weight of that typically behind severe past abuse they suffered themselves. The other scenario is a very shy Leo who's self confidence may have been shattered. Both extremely sad examples of such a sunny Sign. My Dad was a Leo.
__________________


Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-26-2020, 01:59 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,255
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

My brother is a Leo sun and one of the negative traits he has (there aren't too many of them) is that he can be very stubborn at times, which is quite understandable given that Leo is a fixed sign.


I am a Leo sun too but I am no where near his level of stubborn-ness. This might be due to my angles being all in mutable signs. So I think it depends on the ascedant and other angles
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-29-2020, 12:32 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 199
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

They say Pluto is exalted in Leo and I notice Leos tend to get the better of Scorpios often. I hear that Scorpios secretly fear Leos and have an inferiority complex towards the sign which kind of explains modern astrology, ruled by the Pluto in Scorpio generation, having it out for Leo.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-29-2020, 12:50 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
My brother is a Leo sun and one of the negative traits he has (there aren't too many of them) is that he can be very stubborn at times, which is quite understandable given that Leo is a fixed sign.


I am a Leo sun too but I am no where near his level of stubborn-ness. This might be due to my angles being all in mutable signs. So I think it depends on the ascedant and other angles
So this basically proves two Leo Suns that are not the same.

Moral of the story, it all depends on placements, planetary strengths and aspects.

The energy of Leo itself is bright, radiant and giving. Just like the Sun. However, any planet close to the Sun can be overpowered by its brightness and warmth. This could be understood as dominance.

A person that has a Leo Sun or Moon or Rising has many other placements and aspects as well. So talking about a person in stereotypes is not good Astrology.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-29-2020, 05:43 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,019
Smile Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Mick Jagger has a compact stellium in Leo, including Sun, Jupiter, Pluto, Mercury, and NN. One of his early songs had the line, "So don't play with me, cause you're playing with fire."

He went over to the dark side with "Sympathy for the Devil" in 1968.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-29-2020, 01:28 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Mick Jagger has a compact stellium in Leo, including Sun, Jupiter, Pluto, Mercury, and NN. One of his early songs had the line, "So don't play with me, cause you're playing with fire."

He went over to the dark side with "Sympathy for the Devil" in 1968.
This thread is about Leo, so it is easy to pick out some placements and say the dark side of someone is linked to that.

If this thread were about Sun-Pluto, you could take the same "dark side" and attribute it to Sun-Pluto.

Oh and Pluto and N N don't really count as part of a stellium. Pluto was in Leo for a decade and half so for a no. of gens. NN is not a planet. Then again, anything can be part of anything...
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 08-29-2020, 02:12 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,019
Smile Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
This thread is about Leo, so it is easy to pick out some placements and say the dark side of someone is linked to that.

If this thread were about Sun-Pluto, you could take the same "dark side" and attribute it to Sun-Pluto.

Oh and Pluto and N N don't really count as part of a stellium. Pluto was in Leo for a decade and half so for a no. of gens. NN is not a planet. Then again, anything can be part of anything...
I call them "indicators". And, if an indicator If an is important enough, like Pluto and the NN, I include them as part of a "stellium".

Going by the thread title, Leo is very influential in Jagger's chart, and his "dark side" manifested as identifying with the Devil. But, not necessarily because of the stellium.

Hmmm....it is a Night-chart, with the Sun well-below the Eastern horizon. That might relate to a Leo's "dark-side" becoming more pronounced.

Last edited by david starling; 08-29-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
The19thLaw (09-01-2020)
  #15  
Unread 08-30-2020, 01:33 AM
Honeybee90 Honeybee90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 25
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
But that's just a sorrowful side and not a dark one that could harm anyone.
I agree with what everyone has states about the other side of leo. I disagree that these depressive aspects are not dark or couldn't cause harm. Leo's are so capable of capturing the heart and attention of those around them. Even if you think you don't like that Leo or find them self absorbed, immature or etc. there is a magnetic quality that keeps your heart soft for them. So when someone like that begins to isolate or self harm or shut down it's difficult to watch. You almost can't believe it's even possible how someone so bright could be so down. Others may sacrifice more for them to just bring back the cheerful light.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 09-01-2020, 03:10 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 199
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

I have a theory here, I almost feel like the pro-Scorpio and pro-Aqua crowd on this thread got so into bashing Leo that it made the sun sign out to be an emo at worst. I find that Leos are actually master at strategy and tend to outwit Scorpios often, even Obama had his way with Biden and Hillary in the primaries and made both his servants.

TBH, it is hard to really get a good impartial grasp of a sign's bad sign when there is a heavily biased crowd that wants to desperately portray the sign as weak. Pluto is said to be exalted in Leo as well but obviously, people with an agenda will ignore facts like no one business.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 09-05-2020, 08:16 AM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
TBH, it is hard to really get a good impartial grasp of a sign's bad sign when there is a heavily biased crowd that wants to desperately portray the sign as weak. Pluto is said to be exalted in Leo as well but obviously, people with an agenda will ignore facts like no one business.
Leo is definitely NOT a weak sign. I think, thanks to the Sun being domicile here, if anything, Leo is one of the more well balanced signs out there who actually recognises their worth. Also, from my observations, Leo is less likely to exaggerate their skills, so if they say they are good at something, chances are that they truly are, and they may even downplay their skills. This goes against the common belief that Leos are boastful, but I have found them to actually be one of the most genuinely humble signs. Being matter of fact about one's abilities doesn't make one a show off, but if Leo says it, then it is because that's the reputation that is "expected" of them, whereas if another sign does it (and I find some of the other signs to be much more guilty of showing off), well, then that's OK, it's not boastful at all.

I used to hate being a Leo because wherever I would read about us, they always made us out to be attention seeking and childish if we don't get the worship we believe we deserve bla bla bla, and I really couldn't resonate with it, not because I didn't want to, but because the description sounded primitive, stupid and inaccurate. We are made to look like caricatures, so no wonder people see us that way, but the reality is that we really aren't like that. Even Linda Goodman (who I actually think was overrated) didn't really properly capture the essence of Leo. It's actually one of the most misunderstood signs, even though people believe it's the most straightforward to understand. Leo as a Sun sign is much more nuanced than that (other placements in Leo I can't speak for).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 09-10-2020, 06:23 PM
ricca91 ricca91 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 54
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Its dark side? Bossy, inflexible, overwhelming, rigid, stubborn, their way or the highway, bad listeners, self-centered, vain, compliment seekers, envious (of other's success and social position mainly), loud, volatile temper, aggressive, goal-oriented (without considering others), no empathy, seductive (to increase their self-esteem), manipulative through drama, drama queens for no apparent reason, attention seeking ("I'm here, look at me"), tactless, invasive, self-righteous, aloof and cold when they feel their pride is hurt.

Bright side: loving, protective, make you feel important to them, optimistic (and it's contagious), driven, bright, decisive, express their love through physical contact (hugs, kisses, etc.), sexy, funny, self-ironic, encouraging, generous and selfless if evolved, noble, humble, ready to help.

But well, I'm a Scorpio stellium. I find Leos quite irritating unless they have Cancer or Virgo placements. However, the planets in my stellium are in the 5th house. My mother is a Leo Sun, Venus, Uranus, Pluto.

The above goes mainly for Leo Suns. My experience with other planets in Leo are the following:

Leo Moon: generous and caring, but needs attention and much pampering. Ready to help.

Leo Venus: affectionate but high maintenance, tends to be clingy and superficial. Generous.

Leo Mars: intolerable for me. Short-fused, egocentric, sarcastic and hurtful to make you feel inferior, insensitive, dramatic, inflated self-esteem. If they like you, especially in a sexual way, they will chase you and make you feel the sexiest person in the world. Tend to have very high libido, sex is explosive and intense, they exude sexual vibes. Quite kinky. The only thing I like about this Mars.

Don't have much experience with Leo Mercury.

Last edited by ricca91; 09-10-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 09-16-2020, 03:20 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 199
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

I feel like the strategic and tactical nature of a Leo's dark side are underplayed here though, this is what frustrates me.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 09-18-2020, 03:10 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I call them "indicators". And, if an indicator If an is important enough, like Pluto and the NN, I include them as part of a "stellium".

Going by the thread title, Leo is very influential in Jagger's chart, and his "dark side" manifested as identifying with the Devil. But, not necessarily because of the stellium.

Hmmm....it is a Night-chart, with the Sun well-below the Eastern horizon. That might relate to a Leo's "dark-side" becoming more pronounced.
So, one can assume that 50% of Leos could have night charts, so the "dark side", going by your logic, would be pronounced in them? Ummm...
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 09-18-2020, 03:31 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,019
Smile Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
So, one can assume that 50% of Leos could have night charts, so the "dark side", going by your logic, would be pronounced in them? Ummm...
I don't know. It might make an interesting study though, for anyone who's interested enough. Why automatically rule it out? Aren't you, yourself, using sect to determine which planets are on team Native?

This wouldn't mean a "bad" person. Just someone who prefers to remain private, and less likely to desire fame and recognition.

Last edited by david starling; 09-18-2020 at 06:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 09-19-2020, 10:38 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 5,305
Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

A dark Leo’s Sun is in-sect and Hayz when it is night, as the shadows and darkness are most prominent in its absence.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 09-20-2020, 05:39 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,019
Smile Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
A dark Leo’s Sun is in-sect and Hayz when it is night, as the shadows and darkness are most prominent in its absence.
Sun's diurnal though. How can it be in-sect in a night Chart?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 09-20-2020, 05:45 AM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Sun's diurnal though. How can it be in-sect in a night Chart?
Because in a shadow chart the Sun and Leo are inverted. The sun is black and fire burns blue.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 09-20-2020, 06:23 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,019
Smile Re: How does the dark side of a Leo manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Because in a shadow chart the Sun and Leo are inverted. The sun is black and fire burns blue.
Is this standard Trad?

there are occultists in Germany who consider Saturn "the Black Sun".
In that context, a night Chart would have Leo ruled by Saturn.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dark, manifest, side

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.