Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 12-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Banned

What signs tend to do well against Scorpios in power struggles and confrontations?

Been doing a great deal of reading of Scorpio placements and it seems like Mars in Scorpio is an even better placement than Mars in Aries, they say the sign is indestructible but I believe everyone has their weakness and every sign has its weakness.

My question is, what signs are naturally made to defeat Scorpio placements when it comes to power struggles and confrontations?

Unread 12-24-2017, 09:00 PM

Re: What signs tend to do well against Scorpios in power struggles and confrontations

Mars Leo or Mars Pisces.
Mars Scorpio depends too much on Mars Leo so won't fight because it could mean losing what they need. Mars Pisces doesn't want anything from Mars Scorpio but welcomes anything from Mars Scorpio. Mars Scorpio has no power over Mars Pisces
Mars Aries or Mars Gemini are Stalemates.
Meaning they probably don't have much to fight about individually at least it would take a 3rd party Mars or other aspects to get a conflict.
Speaking from family experience.
But it's also simple patterns. Forward trine is always superior backward square is where weaknesses are exploited.

Last edited by Timmytwothumbs; 12-24-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Unread 12-24-2017, 10:53 PM

Re: What signs tend to do well against Scorpios in power struggles and confrontations

It would all depend upon which planet is in Scorpio as to which other planet in another sign would exhibit greater strength.
For example, it would take less to prevail over Venus in Scorpio than Mars in Scorpio. Venus in Scorpio would be very receptive to the influence of planets in Taurus and Libra. And some planets in Taurus or Libra would have more influence than others.
I don't think you can simply say that one sign is stronger or has no power or is a stalemate with the sign of Scorpio.
Astrology is way more nuanced [look it up] than that.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (02-28-2018)
Unread 12-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmytwothumbs View Post
Mars Leo or Mars Pisces.
Mars Scorpio depends too much on Mars Leo so won't fight because it could mean losing what they need. Mars Pisces doesn't want anything from Mars Scorpio but welcomes anything from Mars Scorpio. Mars Scorpio has no power over Mars Pisces
Meaning they probably don't have much to fight about individually at least it would take a 3rd party Mars or other aspects to get a conflict.
But it's also simple patterns. Forward trine is always superior backward square is where weaknesses are exploited.
Explain please, how does it depend on Mars Leo?
Unread 12-26-2017, 09:10 PM

I have Mars in Scorpio mates.
Unread 12-29-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAssist View Post
Explain please, how does it depend on Mars Leo?
From personal experience, I have mars leo and people with Mars Scorpio have fought me but always apologize immediately, especially because its so easy for Leo to not get worked up about what Mars in Scorpio is. Scorpio realizes they actually really enjoy Mars in leo and make the effort to do things their way. They also depend a lot on the emotional and material support of someone with Mars in Leo. Also, there's nothing Mars in Scorpio can do or say to someone with Mars in leo except puff their ego and make them feel better about themselves. Even if it's meant to insult them. I have a lot of relationships with Mars in Scorpio on being with my father who has literally tried to fist fight me many times and has kicked me out a couple times all to beg for my forgiveness. Same with my wife except she doesn't try to fight me, I just have to with hold sex and Scorpio goes nuts, with my son, if I'm distant because he's being rude or anything to me. He always brings me stuff and tries to impress me tp make me laugh and get me on his good side again. They are all exactly square with my mars.

Last edited by Timmytwothumbs; 12-29-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Unread 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmytwothumbs View Post
Mars Leo or Mars Pisces.
Mars in pisces here, true also most my major aspects aries. Sun, moon, venus, mercury. Give scorpio their own dose of medicine
Unread 01-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
It would all depend upon which planet is in Scorpio as to which other planet in another sign would exhibit greater strength.
For example, it would take less to prevail over Venus in Scorpio than Mars in Scorpio. Venus in Scorpio would be very receptive to the influence of planets in Taurus and Libra. And some planets in Taurus or Libra would have more influence than others.
I don't think you can simply say that one sign is stronger or has no power or is a stalemate with the sign of Scorpio.
Astrology is way more nuanced [look it up] than that.
The person in question has both a venus and mars in Scorpio.
Unread 01-07-2018, 10:01 PM

Probably the other fixed signs. Leo, Taurus, and Aquarius have the same stamina and stubbornness as a Scorpio. These signs have a natural square or Opposition to Scorpio which creates a challenge.
Unread 01-07-2018, 11:05 PM

The signs who give the best hug bc at the end of the day unless you kill the Scorpio and banish its spirit from this earth, it will still wage war. If ur not it's friend ignore it if you are its friend love it.
Unread 01-08-2018, 12:16 AM
Banned

I am a Scorpio with mars in libra and six in Scorpio...people don't tend to mess with me for long
Unread 01-08-2018, 12:30 AM

Id say try me, but maybe people don't mess with you because you are not a toy you are a human, and people aren't to be messed with.
Unread 01-08-2018, 03:27 AM

AstroAssist, please see my posts on your other thread.

Assuming you are thinking about your nasty boss here, I don't think that conceptualizing most things in life as a pitched battle with one winner and one loser is very useful. This is the so-called "zero-sum game" scenario.

Isn't it better to create a win-win situation for you both? I'm retired now, but after several decades of office politics behind me, some of which got truly awful, I really think that finding mutually acceptable resolutions is the better course.

If you are thinking about your boss, can you possibly get a birth date and location? Alternatively, if you'd like to post your own chart, we can highlight your strengths.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Banned

I will be giving you my own chart soon but it is not just my boss, I've met a great deal of nasty scorpios and he is not the only one. I would really like it if I could dig more into finding weaknesses of this sign as well as placements and signs that are very good at capitalizing on these weaknesses and getting the better of this sign.
Unread 01-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Been doing a great deal of reading of Scorpio placements and it seems like Mars in Scorpio is an even better placement than Mars in Aries, they say the sign is indestructible but I believe everyone has their weakness and every sign has its weakness.

My question is, what signs are naturally made to defeat Scorpio placements when it comes to power struggles and confrontations?
Definitely Capricorn can match Scorpio in power struggles.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muchacho For This Useful Post:
AstroAssist (05-01-2018), IleneK (01-08-2018)
Unread 01-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

I've heard Capricorn a great deal too.

So Capricorn seems like a sign that can go toe to toe while Taurus is one that can get the better of it.

Do have to say as I have said many times, I don't think any other sign gets it *** kissed as much by astrologers as Scorpio.
Unread 01-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Capricorn is more powerful than Scorpio. Saturn=God of time, God of the gods Pluto=God of death, God of the underworld. People just avoid Saturn because unlike Pluto he doesn't want people in his land. Pluto however, feeds off of these people, so It draws them in.
Unread 01-08-2018, 03:38 PM

@Timmytwothumbs:
dont underestimate Scorpios. Nothing of what they do (particularly if Mars is in Scorpio) or say (particularly if Mercury is there) is for nothing, just pointless. No, they dont waste themselves,they always mean smth, they always have aims... and the necessary skills to catch intuitively others' vulnerabilities and exploit them if this is in their advantage. Those with Leo stamp are like an open book, Scorpios will face no trouble in finding precisely what to do or what to say to get to their final destination through Leo's weakness (or anyone's weakness). They will praise you, they will apologize, they will make you think they are sorry, they will even make you services/gifts to regain your sympathy if necessary, but is not about you/Leo/whoever else here: Scorpios have THEIR aims and they enjoy playing hidden and the motto "who laughs at end, laughs better".
(looks like a horrible image of Scorpio here, most of them can do that, but there is also plenty of those who want to keep their dignity and wont go low).

But considering this hidden and silent operating style of a Scorpio, often perversely, its hard to defeat him because you cant guess him and his next step or intention. I really think just another Scorpio (well equipped astrologically) can dismantle for real such creature and his strategy. Like, for real, not just illusions.

Personally, I was pissed off, indeed, by those who wore the stamp of Taurus (because he is a strong head and really cant win him on a clean confrontation, he just p*sses on your arguments no matter how much sense they make, you must dance the way he sings he literally forced my hand to act unconstitutionally, he may be a brute force but he doesnt have subtilities, he's more straightforward, he doesnt think you can act unconstitutionally and of course that who laughs at end, laughs better...but still we kept a reciprocal respect to each other after all, we still talk and we still appreciate each other).

And the other character who pissed me off was Leo...But not any Leo but a Leo with Mars in Leo. He was 10 times more annoying and irritating than Taurus. But i am sure that the fact that I have Leo rising played a role there because I cant bear to see such acts of self importance (i think was a clash of egos, a Leo rising was enough herself in a room ). I even remember why we had that argument (after almost 5 years), on what topic and, of course, who won and who didnt know to loose. The outcome was not the same as in the case of Taurus, though. What was dead, was dead forever.

I also have noticed that Mars in Aquarius can be very powerful as well, they arent afraid of confrontation but those who happen to have the Mars at the right degree to make the square to my Scorpio Pluto feel often to be en guard when it comes about me, they always think I plan to do smth unorthodox to them (even though i dont have any intention to harm them, like never ), my antenna can perceive their insecurity but they play brave and they are up for confrontation and are often quite harsh. With an animal magnetism I can feel they fear (which makes them vulnerable in my eyes), but in the same time i like Mars in Aquarius in general, and their courage and their "dont tell me what to do" attitude.

Last edited by iriishka; 01-08-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Unread 01-08-2018, 03:49 PM

Fear makes people dangerous. That's y Scorpio is concidered so powerful at times, they know there own fears and use them. Scare themselves with the fears and use the energy to lash out. Btw hi Scorpio moon person, I'm an eighth house Pluto moon myself, the moon sign of Scorpio is much better than the sun in my opinion.
Unread 01-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Hm, I guess it could be said that in theory the signs of Cancer, Leo and Virgo can defeat the sign of Scorpio because a planet in those signs would dominate a planet in Scorpio: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/dominating.html A person with Sun in Aries and Mars in Leo seems to be the person that could win over Mars in Scorpio with relative ease because of the Sun-Mars mutual reception by sign. Also, Mars in Aries is not weaker that Mars in Scorpio but Scorpio seems to be a better place for Mars because Mars is not as heated there as it is in Aries.
Unread 01-08-2018, 08:51 PM

So (@solar flare), go find a Aries Mars whose on some meds.
Unread 01-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
So (@solar flare), go find a Aries Mars whose [sic] on some meds.
Why? I have more interesting stuff to do.
Unread 01-08-2018, 09:06 PM

I meant i was quoting your advice in a different way. (was trying to give you credit)
Unread 01-08-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
Fear makes people dangerous. That's y Scorpio is concidered so powerful at times, they know there own fears and use them. Scare themselves with the fears and use the energy to lash out. Btw hi Scorpio moon person, I'm an eighth house Pluto moon myself, the moon sign of Scorpio is much better than the sun in my opinion.
I agree with almost everything you said.
Though I dont understand why Scorpio Moon could be better than Scorpio Sun? There are two different qualities expressed by Moon and Sun, I dont think we can compare. But if you want to explain...

So you mean your Moon is in Scorpio + conjunct Pluto + in the 8th house? This is what you've meant?
Unread 01-08-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriishka View Post
I agree with almost everything you said.
Though I dont understand why Scorpio Moon could be better than Scorpio Sun? There are two different qualities expressed by Moon and Sun, I dont think we can compare. But if you want to explain...

So you mean your Moon is in Scorpio + conjunct Pluto + in the 8th house? This is what you've meant?
Moon in 8th house virgo square to Pluto in the asc. The moon is who we are the sun is what we want. Sun sign Scorpios are more afraid and insecure aka more fearful and dangerous.

Tags
confrontations, power, scorpios, signs, struggles, tend