Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-17-2020, 12:39 PM

Addiction in Natal Chart

Hello friends, new here.

I am curious as to your opinions about what in a natal chart could point to a problem with alcoholism and substance abuse.

I know I shouldn't cherrypick elements without considering the chart as a whole, but I have heard that Neptune's placement and aspects have something to do with addictive tendencies. I have Neptune in the sixth house of health so have to be careful about the substances I put into my body, and have been sober since 2001. My favorite singer and celebrity addict Joe Cocker had the same placement. His chart also says he was a huge introvert; all the planets are below the horizon. Interesting for a performer, but his loaded first house and Aries ascendant probably helped make him comfortable before an audience.

The other pattern I noticed in a lot of famous addicts was Neptune in Libra or Scorpio.

I have attached my chart. And Joe's, what the heck. I'd love to read an interpretation of his chart!

Thank you,

Cate

[Moved this post from someone else's Read My Chart thread. Read My Chart threads are only for the OP's chart. For a question about your own chart, start your own thread. - Moderator]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Astrology birth chart for Joe Cocker.pdf (72.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf Chillertheater natal chart.pdf (111.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Osamenor; 07-17-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Tags
addiction, chart, natal