Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

I don't know if they have an astrologer on the payroll that does rectifications based on the events of an individual's life, but in lieu of a proper birthtime what that site seems to do is to rectify by astrological "best fit".

Another example is Elon Musk, birth time unknown. He's an inventor, hyper-intelligent, eccentric, emotionally stilted and is a successful businessman and entrepreneur. This is enough for astrotheme to give him an Aquarius rising with Mars in the 1st house. I'm not confident in such a strategy. Based on that, you aren't the only one with such a view of the man. I don't know enough of him to say either way.

Definitely some dynamic uncertainty involved.

david starling

Keeps things interesting when there is some mystery. Keeps me moving.

I think that's a Mutable quality. With Scorpio, a Fixed-sign Ascendant, that spontaneity of Hendrix and Vaughn wouldn't have been available. Clapton, for example, had Moon in Scorpio and a Cardinal-sign Asc. I always felt he was too predictable to be interesting, despite his great technique skills.

conspiracy theorist

I think that's a Mutable quality. With Scorpio, a Fixed-sign Ascendant, that spontaneity of Hendrix and Vaughn wouldn't have been available. Clapton, for example, had Moon in Scorpio and a Cardinal-sign Asc. I always felt he was too predictable to be interesting, despite his great technique skills.

Don't you think that Aries have spontaneity as well? What would you say is the difference between it's brand of spontaneity vs. Sagittarius?

I know that you have the rate of motion for Sagittarius as the fastest in 12/12. That would be the ultimate in volatility.

david starling

Been listening to Howlin’ Wolf the last 30 minutes. Super thanks ❤️
Definitely not what I would have expected Saturn in Taurus (+ Venus, NN, Mercury) to sound like. Maybe the Mercury / node trine to Uranus in Cap which tightly opposes Cancer Mars and also Leo Moon?
David, what instruments do you play?

Flute and sax. Had a chance to get a studio job as a backup musician, but it involved drugs I didn't use and meaningless sex with strangers, so I turned it down.

david starling

@David

The Fraternitas Saturni has Saturn and Uranus working together to oversee the Aquarian age. Any comments on that?

In 12/12 it's Urania:uranus: Domicled, Pluto Regulating, and Mercury Motivational. Saturn will still be Domicle-ruler of the background Age of Capricorn, since the Age-signs overlap, but Saturn will be transmuted into a Benefic.
Do they consider Saturn as a beneficial influence on the Aquarian Age?

conspiracy theorist

In 12/12 it's Urania:uranus: Domicled, Pluto Regulating, and Mercury Motivational. Saturn will still be Domicle-ruler of the background Age of Capricorn, since the Age-signs overlap, but Saturn will be transmuted into a Benefic.
Do they consider Saturn as a beneficial influence on the Aquarian Age?

The order has a special affinity for Saturn so yes they see him as a great guy. However the ethos is "compassionless love" which connotes tough love or love without "pity" (the latter being a bit jargon-y/technical). He is a hard taskmaster and you will be tested. You will be expected to be hard on yourself and others as you try to live by a strict standard which should resolve in a higher spiritual attainment. But if you pass, you will be welcomed with open arms as a brother/sister.

They take the traditional rulership of Saturn governing the sign Aquarius, and his work would be executed through the energies of Uranus. Saturn is still in control.

Last edited:

david starling

Don't you think that Aries have spontaneity as well? What would you say is the difference between it's brand of spontaneity vs. Sagittarius?

I know that you have the rate of motion for Sagittarius as the fastest in 12/12. That would be the ultimate in volatility.

Aries has energy and drive, but it travels on a straight trajectory and is focused on a planned goal. Stays on track.
Sagittarius likes to explore the possibilities in a spontaneous way.

conspiracy theorist

The order has a special affinity for Saturn so yes they see him as a great guy. However the ethos is "compassionless love" which connotes tough love or love without "pity" (the latter being a bit jargon-y/technical). He is a hard taskmaster and you will be tested. You will be expected to be hard on yourself and others as you try to live by a strict standard which should resolve in a higher spiritual attainment. But if you pass, you will be welcomed with open arms as a brother/sister.

They take the traditional rulership of Saturn governing the sign Aquarius, and his work would be executed through the energies of Uranus. Saturn is still in control.

Ah yes. Lucifer is seen as the higher octave of Saturn and like in all Luciferianism is "promethean". Bringing the fire of the Gods to enlighten mankind. Traditional Saturn was the holder of occult knowledge.

david starling

Ah yes. Lucifer is seen as the higher octave of Saturn and like in all Luciferianism is "promethean". Bringing the fire of the Gods to enlighten mankind. Traditional Saturn was the holder of occult knowledge.

The Roman god Lucifer was Morning-star Venus, Phosphorus/Lucifer in Greco-Roman. The "Light Bringer" became associated with Age-lord Saturn (Satan), in Milton's "Paradise Lost". Venus is the Regulating-ruler of the Age,

david starling

How did you nurture your talents / continue playing without a job in the field?

How does Pisces say yes to itself at a high price like that? (Not a “personal” question about your Pisces sun, more a personal question about how to make good choices when the options are terrible.)

Stopped playing sax, which is a band instrument. The two bands that recruited me weren't playing what I wanted to play. Stilll play the fllute, for my own enjoyment. I'm an outdoor type, and love hands-on landscaping, so the choice was easy for me. I'm also naturally monogamous, and the music business seems to require an open marriage in my experience.

Cold Fusion

Lucifer talk on this board while composite of the moment and the board has Sun over Yed Posterior: Evil influence; the Man of Death; wasteful; unseen dangers; poisoning

david starling

Yes, maybe the only exceptions are in religious or spiritual music. That’s less instrumental I guess. Any instrument you would recommend a child be steered towards, so as to not have to give it up later because of a corrupting industry?

Honestly most fields, artistic and otherwise, seem to carry a great occupational hazard.

Who do you like on the flute?

https://discogs.com/artist/30721-Herbie-Mann

He was able to play alongside of a strong, lead electric guitar.
Sun/Aries, Moon/Sagittarius. No birthtime available.

I studied Classical flute for about a year. Expensive teacher, not my favorite music, but it was great for fast-tracking my technique skills.

Flute's pretty safe for not getting corrupted. For one thing, flute alone won't get you commercial opportunities. Herbie played sax and other instruments. Piano is useful for reading music. Modern electric organs are incredibly versatile, they can sound like any instrument, and with headphones, you can play anywhere and anytime without bothering anyone. Too addictive for me! Maybe after I retire from landscaping.

Last edited:

david starling

My orignal goal regarding the sax was playing in Wilson Pickett's band, which was an inspiration, but highly impractical. The songs he's best known for weren't the ones I really liked the most anyway.
Sun in Pisces (conjunct mine), Moon in Sagittarius, Venus in Pisces. Some of my favorites were "I'm in Love", "I Found a Love", "Too Late", and "Magic Man".
I naturally got a big kick out of the 1991 Irish movie, "The Commitments", which I highly recommend for some fun, musical entertainment. :biggrin:

Last edited: