significator conjunct MC conjunct Aldebaran

cutesag

I cast this horary chart asking what someone's intentions were. I'm Mercury, the other person is Jupiter (I'm taking traditional ruler). Since he's Jupiter (benefic), doesn't seem to be a person who would bring any harm anyway. In Leo he's not in bad shape either, although he's in Venus term and Venus is in Cancer, sign of Jupiter's exaltation. Venus can represent a woman here.

Mercury is in a very interesting situation, conjunct MC and Aldebaran in Gemini, his own sign. Reading about this, I got that it's about integrity and culmination. I interpret it as Mercury being concerned first and foremost about its own integrity and public image, being willing to refrain from whatever could damage that. In mundane terms, Mercury is about to retrograde and that happens just before it sextiles Jupiter, getting back to a trine with the North Node (benefic).

The Moon is exalted in Taurus, separating from square to Jupiter and next it will conjunct Sun. So, Jupiter was shadowy somehow (afflicted). But I'm not sure about the applying New Moon. A new life, a new vision, what?

So my take on this is that Jupiter may have had its shadowy intentions, but is not someone who would cause any harm anyway, and Mercury will step back to protect himself, so nothing will happen. Mercury is stronger than Jupiter in this chart.

What do you think of this interpretation? Thanks.

Attachments

• QQ.jpg
    QQ.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 20

Dirius

Because Jupiter is placed in the 12th, while the natural signification of Jupiter may imply he is a "good" person, the house position indicates he keeps something hidden from you, and might not be so good.

If you are asking about the Aldebaran conjunction:

The star usually means "beginning", as in changing cycles. The star is associated with the begining of Spring in the northern Hemisphere, thus its signification of the start of a new period, usually a benefic one.

Antares, its opposite, means "end", again, as in changing cycles. It is associated with the begining of Autumn in the northern Hemisphere, and usually means a period of time is coming to an end.

Last edited:

cutesag

Jupiter is in 12 if you take whole sign houses. I took Regiomontanus so it falls in 11. I know there's no agreement on the house system, but I've also checked the meaning of the applying new moon and it's malefic. Since moon separates from square to Jupiter, I think you may be right that this person could be a "wolf in lamb's wool". Plus moon in taurus is ruled by venus (woman) in cancer, sign of jupiter's exaltation.

So my original concern was whether something was not clear and it seems there may well be so. But I think the chart places me in a position of strength so I can come out of it (endings).

Would you agree?

Dirius

Jupiter is in 12 if you take whole sign houses. I took Regiomontanus so it falls in 11. I know there's no agreement on the house system, but I've also checked the meaning of the applying new moon and it's malefic. Since moon separates from square to Jupiter, I think you may be right that this person could be a "wolf in lamb's wool". Plus moon in taurus is ruled by venus (woman) in cancer, sign of jupiter's exaltation.

So my original concern was whether something was not clear and it seems there may well be so. But I think the chart places me in a position of strength so I can come out of it (endings).

Would you agree?

Not really, using Regiomontanus, Jupiter is still in the 12th house for 2 reasons:

a) It is in the Sign of the cusp (Leo) of the 12th house.

b) It is in close degree to the 12th house cusp (6 degrees).

In systems like Regiomontanus or Placidus, a planet that is in the same sign and close to the house cusp of the next house, can be considered inside that house, specially if it is moving in that direction (usually around 5 degrees within the cusp).

If Jupiter was in Leo, but was "far" from the 12th house cusp (like 15 degrees away) it could be considered to be in the 11th. The problem is that, Jupiter is moving towards the cusp of the 12th.

The point here would be: what is the question represented by the chart, and what is its context?

cutesag

Ok, I see the point, thanks. The question was what the intentions of this person were (friends, something more, or foe pretending to be friends). This is what I asked. The sextile seems to indicate a friendly disposition but it looks like he has things to hide. My concern is whether whatever it may be it may come in my detriment.

Dirius

Well if the question itself is about him being a possible foe, then the presence of Jupiter in the 12th would suggest that.

Jupiter as a natural rulership, implies a good person. So he would be a foe regarding the circumstances.

cutesag

Tricky distinction that one... Still mercury retrogrades before sextile completes, which tells me that caution speaks louder. Thanks for the house interpretation!

Dirius

Tricky distinction that one... Still mercury retrogrades before sextile completes, which tells me that caution speaks louder. Thanks for the house interpretation!

It is the context of the planets essence compared with its house presence.

An example could be:

You and your best friend, have both a crush for the same guy. Your best friend is a good person and your friend. But in this context, she is your rival, competing for the object of your affection.

Now the fact that she is your "enemy" (more like love-rival), doesn't imply she is a bad person, it just implies that in this case she is not acting in your favour.

Oddity

Also the moon being combust indicates something hidden. Combust moon charts are good for keeping secrets. Maybe not so good for your horary, and it does tend to say that things hoped for will not come to pass. Between that and Jupiter in 12, I think it's safe to say that there are important things you don't know or that he's withholding, so tread with caution.

cutesag

Thanks to both for your answers. Jupiter is moving towards 12th house so if there will be a source of conflict it could have not yet manifested itself so possibly for now it is hidden. Somehow it was that feeling that led me to ask the question. I think the coming retrograde of mercury refraining from completing the sextile describes my reaction of caution.