Death

zubiringo

Are there any things to look out for when looking at charts of people who have died?
I had a couple of friends die during November and December and in both transit charts there is Neptune and Chiron in 12th House. (obviously) but I can make out any similiar aspects. I am trying to find a common link but it seems to be evading me.:crying:

Kirka

I'm not really good at astrology and I know nothing about transits but I once read a discussion, on a different forum, about predicting death from once natal chart.
I don't remember everything because it was long ago but basically one should look at 8th house ruler, where it's positioned (in what house) what planets are in both of these houses and what aspects the planets make, to find out circumstances of one's death.
I hope this helps at least a little, and I hope there are more knowledgeable people who can say something more about death signs in natal chart. I'm really interested in this.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Please search the archive. There is another thread that has run through July/August, 2013(the last two months) where predicting death using famous personalities has been discussed. Also there is another huge thread on the ethics of predicting death also running in the past 3 months here on AC.

JUPITERASC

I'm not really good at astrology and I know nothing about transits but I once read a discussion, on a different forum, about predicting death from once natal chart.
I don't remember everything because it was long ago but basically one should look at 8th house ruler, where it's positioned (in what house) what planets are in both of these houses and what aspects the planets make, to find out circumstances of one's death.
I hope this helps at least a little, and I hope there are more knowledgeable people who can say something more about death signs in natal chart. I'm really interested in this.
Many of us find death delineation methods interesting Kirka, including myself and in fact for Traditional Astrologers it's not unusual to consider the potential length of life. Eastern/Vedic astrologers are EXPECTED to delineate death/potential length of life, as a matter of course, so it seems a cultural issue for some, but certainly not all, Western astrologers. Certainly death is a sensitive subject for some and can be controverial as evidenced by past threads on the subject.

Links to three threads on the subject of methods/morality of death prediction

Thread on death delineation technique includes some discussion of the moralit
y of the exercise
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808

MORALITY OF PREDICTING DEATH http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64628

A request for details of death delineation technique/methods http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40677

Kirka

I calculated my Hyleg and Alcoccoden but I have a problem adding the years. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to decide what amount of years my planets have earned me :)
It's interesting to read about it. I think I'm somewhere in between 55 (dad's side) and 90 (mom's side), both astrologically and genetically
I hope for the later :D

waybread

We just learned yesterday that another friend died: a man in his 70s with a history of diabetes and heart trouble. I live in a community with a lot of retirees, so death is a routine experience. Even more routine are all of the health problems and suffering leading up to death. Our friend leaves behind a widow, with an agricultural property that they were unable to sell before he died and which she cannot now manage on her own.

Please, friends. Read the posts in previous threads in which some of us commented on the ethics of death prediction, then think about the very real people who are dying all around you. The reality of dying isn't some kind of game to play in your spare time. Better you should make the most of your relationships with senior loved ones while you still have the chance.

As your own clock is ticking, think about the best use of the time you have left. Is it to play games with astrology, or to express your caring for the older people around you who would welcome your attention?

If Neptune or Chiron in the 12th house meant anything, a lot of people would have died at birth. Think about it rationally.

dr. farr

Right-if "death prediction" (prediction of likely critical periods inimical to life) is anything it is the most complex and highly complicated area of astrological endeavor, and cannot be simplified to any extent. It also belongs only in the hands of the ethically and philosophically most advanced of practitioners...

JUPITERASC

So do tell me, how would we interpret the charts of those that "fly into the universe " and then out again....

Like those starving children in third world countries that die after three years of being on earth.

I mean there are thousands of them that ship in and out.

What would their charts look like? And what sort of aspects would we expect to see here?

I am assuming Saturn would play a role , being as it is the planet that provides the anchor and grounding. Is it just the rulership that we are looking out for here? Of the sixth and eighth house?
OK then :smile:

For mass deaths such as these you have highlighted
as well as - for example -

the classic question of the approximately two hundred thousand people who were incinerated enmasse in just nine seconds in Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic explosions 1945

THEN find the factor that ALL these people have and/or had in common.

Clearly, all those in Hiroshima and Nagasaki DID have one thing in common i.e. THEY WERE ALL LOCATED ON THE SAME SPECIFIC DAY AND MOMENT OF TIME IN A CITY ON WHICH AN ATOMIC BOMB WAS DROPPED AND DETONATED.

Similarly with starvation - all those children you have highlighted are/were located in war-damaged and/or famine affected countries

i.e.
And that is the key right there, not analysing 90,000 charts for hylegs, alchocodens, primary directions that could have prematurely cut the alchocodens' years short, etc. etc.

Taking a page from Avraham the Spaniard, otherwise known as ibn Ezra

one of the first things he tells astrologers is that astrology does not contravene natural law.

He also explains that a personal chart falls under quite a hierarchy of other considerations.

From Nativities and Revolutions:

...The third way is the rule that comes from the effect of the Great Conjunction on each country.

Thus, if within the influence of the Conjunction upon the nations war is supposed to befall a certain nation, even if many of those born in it do not have an indication of death by the sword in their nativities, when the time for war for that country comes, they will all be killed....

There's quite a lot more, but no need to quote all of it, one hopes