Natal's 9th house and living abroad.

Optimistic Approach

I know a person who has 3 planets in 9th house; Sun, Mars, Mercury and she doesn't live abroad or work abroad. Even the ruler of her 7th house is in 9th house, she didn't marry to a foreigner. All these planets are in Cancer and she's a doctor. (I think typical Cancer in 9th house)

So I'm surprised when people talk so exact like "you will live abroad and marry a foreigner". You're acting like a fortune teller. I think the chart gives the opportunity. But the person has to know how to use it and the other conditions has to be right. And 9th house is not just about abroad.

9th house is also about inner travelling. Thinking and discovering yourself and the world. If a planet in 9th house is the ruler of 7th, not just a foreigner but it can show an interest in people who has deep thinking and is idealist. And usually interest in higher education, with Mercury there, a person can be a teacher or researcher in a university.

I agree. I have Sun, Mercury and Venus in the 9th along with Chiron & Juno. I am a complete wanderlust by nature but don't much care to live abroad. I do attract people from different cultural backgrounds but I find that, for me, the 9th house represents MUCH more...

Last edited:

beginner

Moon opposition sun indicates parents divided in every chart? if they are with in closer orbit?

research into moon ruling 9th house cusp and it's natal aspects. Moon conj Neptune, emotional confusions, illusions and delusions. Moon opp sun divided parents, moon quincunx venus

fullmoonlibra

I have sun conjunct north node in 9th house (aries on cusp), so I think I'm destined to live abroad.
I hope it will happen some day :love:
I also have uranus in sagittarius (retrograde) in fourth house, with scorpio on cusp.
But saturn is there too (retrograde in sagittarius) :unsure:.

And.... My husband has jupiter in aquarius in fourth house :love:

lazarusx

I wanted to live abroad so much(I have 2 planets in 9th) I'm now abroad and I want to go back.

I have this notion about living abroad, that once im there i will want to go back.

And to my opinion, 9th house is travelling. Don't mix the idea of travelling and living in somewhere else. Travelling is always more nice. And living is hard.

Yeah i have a tendency to confuse the two, i have a North Node in the 9th house(Aquarius) which is in Trine to Jupiter,Mercury and Moon 1st house(Gemini). And right now in my life im considering moving overseas to travel and live for a while.. i've been oversea's before with family and friends to travel and to be honest i've never felt more in my 'element' then when im constantly moving around. But there's still a large degree of hesitation and anxiety about going over on my own to live and travel.

I have lived abroad in 4 countries.

ruler of my 4th and 9th are same (mars)

and my mars is in cancer (water, so good for travel) and sextile ruler of fist house. Mars is also conjunct jup you see...:happy:

TamaraL

For living abroad, I would look for aspects between the 4th and 9th rulers (traditional only, don't use modern rulerships for this), and sometimes even 1-9-4 rulers mixing it up - but almost always there's a major aspect between the 4th and 9th house rulers.

Hello Olivia, this is an older thread but I wanted to ask if the 4th & 9th & traditional rulers ALL have aspects like squares does that reduce the possibility of living/working abroad?

Details:

1st Ruler (Cancer cusp) :Moon
4nd Ruler(Libra cusp): Venus
9th Ruler(Pisces cusp): Jupiter

Venus square Jupiter
Venus square Moon
Moon opposition Jupiter

In whole signs I have 9th H Sun & Venus & North Node (in Pisces)

p.s I have already lived abroad as a student & been wondering about work abroad.

Many Thanks,
Best wishes
Tam

The_Saturnian

I wanted to ask if the 4th & 9th & traditional rulers ALL have aspects like squares does that reduce the possibility of living/working abroad?

I don't think it would. Traditionally, my 4th ruler squares the 9th ruler. Although what may be indicative is if the move is a compulsive or non-compulsive one.

socrates

hI

wHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF LIVING ABROAD.?
Heres my chart.
thanks

Attachments

• astro_23gw_01_ll_m_20111230_65814_14366.jpg
    astro_23gw_01_ll_m_20111230_65814_14366.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 30

poyi

Premium Member
My personal example. My 9th house is Taurus, ruled by Venus in Libra,2nd house Libra also ruled by Venus in Libra placed in Placidus 1st but whole sign 2nd house. I gained my higher education aboard, also earning my income aboard here now.

These are all done by my own will and effort but of course with a lot of help from my mum and sister, the older/authoritative women in my life, in my night chart Moon in Capricorn as the night triplicity trine Venus in Libra, while my Venus is within the degree of Term in Capricorn, so received Term from Moon in Capricorn. I also work with a lot of women, the best teachers were usually women, many of my female friends have always guided me and favored me at work. Moon in Capricorn rules Part of Fortune, also the 11th house and 11th sign.

Venus also square by Neptune in Sagittarius, Neptune is parallel to Uranus, IC, SN, Jupiter.

My 4th house is Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius inside the house. My own home/property is aboard which is also further confirmed by conjunction with the South Node, detachment from IC birthplace, homeland. Manifestation time was when transit Pluto conjunct IC, Jupiter, SN. There could be other transit, progression, eclipse to confirm also.

My chart in natal is pretty clear cut definite as it directly parallel to the IC and 4th house lord Jupiter in his own domicile also inside 4th at IC with SN.

Last edited:

socrates

My personal example. My 9th house is Taurus, ruled by Venus in Libra,2nd house Libra also ruled by Venus in Libra placed in Placidus 1st but whole sign 2nd house. I gained my higher education aboard, also earning my income aboard here now.

These are all done by my own will and effort but of course with a lot of help from my mum and sister, the older/authoritative women in my life, in my night chart Moon in Capricorn as the night triplicity trine Venus in Libra, while my Venus is within the degree of Term in Capricorn, so received Term from Moon in Capricorn. I also work with a lot of women, the best teachers were usually women, many of my female friends have always guided me and favored me at work. Moon in Capricorn rules Part of Fortune, also the 11th house and 11th sign.

Venus also square by Neptune in Sagittarius, Neptune is parallel to Uranus, IC, SN, Jupiter.

My 4th house is Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius inside the house. My own home/property is aboard which is also further confirmed by conjunction with the South Node, detachment from IC birthplace, homeland. Manifestation time was when transit Pluto conjunct IC, Jupiter, SN. There could be other transit, progression, eclipse to confirm also.

My chart in natal is pretty clear cut definite as it directly parallel to the IC and 4th house lord Jupiter in his own domicile also inside 4th at IC with SN.

my south node is at 18 aquarius in 9th(wsh) or 10h(placidus)
I lost my religion if it makes sense,no longer catholic

poyi

Premium Member
my south node is at 18 aquarius in 9th(wsh) or 10h(placidus)
I lost my religion if it makes sense,no longer catholic

Totally normal. According to the readings I had so far, South Node unfortunately often leads to detachment, disappointment, sorrow, despair energy of the Saturn but can also become wisdom, and enlightenment when is expressed as gain through lost. In horary is a definate No and negative.

poyi

Premium Member
Other than 9th house, I think the connection with 3rd, Mercury, Moon, Jupiter as traveling planets, would be important as indicator of traveling aboard, while migration and actually living aboard in long term, will need to have confirmation from 4th house or 4th house ruler.

Poupoupidou

Unfortunately, your chart is not visible anymore. The 9th house is about expanding our vision, our understanding and our ideas. This can be achieved by travelling or living abroad. If you have a stellium in that house, it only makes sense that you would want to live abroad.

CapAquaPis

When your Mercury is in the 9th (esp Pisces), you're having a wanderlust for a variety of places, as well you wish to relocate to an area of your choice. The 9th house has much to do with travel and relocation, and Mercury is the planet of flight, along with the sign of Pisces shown deep interests. I had an opportunity to visit places I wanted to go (across CA, the Southwest and Northwest states, family trips to UT and OK, twice in Mexico, and (northern) France along with pass-bys of Belgium, Holland and England).

oriel

I have saggi in 4th,we moved around different houses in my hometown but not outside of it.
Ruler of my 4th saggi is in 9th taurus sitting there alone and also in late degrees conjunct my MC.
Ruler of my 9th taurus which is venus is in 10th gemini but venus is retrograde and has few aspects except for conjunct MC and mercury,squares moon and north node.
I have always been attracted to foreign places.But I dunno if ever I might move due to health issues.

Last edited:

Kali

I have Venus, NN and chiron in the 9th. And Mars and moon in the 5th in Sagittarius. I spent more than a decade of my adult life abroad, living in 5 countries, traveling to many, many more. Even while living back home, I spent that time telecommuting for a company in Paris, so even while living in my birth country, I was still thoroughly immersed in foreign culture. Teaching/training as been a theme in my professional life and I've just gone back to school in the last year for a different set of degrees. Ah...9th house/Sagittarius!

jollyzal

Banned
The problem some of you guys have is just saying "I have planets in a house so something it'll be activated". No. Look for other signs. I've been to lots of countries. I have 3 planets in the 9th, (Sun, Jup, Merc). These planets rule the 2nd, 9th, 6th, 12th and 3rd. My natal Moon is in the 3rd house and conjunct the IC. All of these planets are making huge aspects. My 9th rulers are really well aspected (except for Neptune which has a square to Saturn but conjunct the part of fortune)

Look for other signs not just placements.